Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:51:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GB Coin: Real Team & Workshops & Financial Goals  (Read 47570 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Crypto-t (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2014, 05:31:05 PM

Here's multiple definitions of politics.

Politics

: activities that relate to influencing the actions and policies of a government or getting and keeping power in a government

: the work or job of people (such as elected officials) who are part of a government

: the opinions that someone has about what should be done by governments : a person's political thoughts and opinions

the referendum on 18th september is nothing to do with politics. perhaps you should do more research on the matter.

We are here to spread the benefits of crypto currencies and not interested in politics. We believe in individual rights not "rights" bestowed by some governing body whoever they may be.

Politics does not interest us in the slightest.

We are asking you to not spam our thread. You have not contributed to this thread at all. You have turned into a negative troll. We will report your posts as spam.

I feel that I have a valid argument which you have not addressed. This year is a very important one in the history of Scotland, where we are voting in a referendum to decide whether or not to remain part of the United Kingdom.

You have not addressed my concerns that you are basically leading people astray with a 'GBCoin' when the future of that 'GB' remains very uncertain.

This is a real issue, and one which many of your followers may have interest in, how you will deal with the event of breakup of this island?

please address this issue. It has in fact been my point all along; and you respond by deleting my posts. This does not bode well for any other Scottish adopter of your coin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
raskul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 05:34:42 PM

18th September is a referendum being taken by the people of Scotland, to decide the future of a country, not an election to decide who is to be in government.
you clearly do not understand the issue, or the differences between the two.

Politics

: activities that relate to influencing the actions and policies of a government or getting and keeping power in a government

: the work or job of people (such as elected officials) who are part of a government

: the opinions that someone has about what should be done by governments : a person's political thoughts and opinions

the referendum on 18th september is nothing to do with politics. perhaps you should do more research on the matter.

We are here to spread the benefits of crypto currencies and not interested in politics. We believe in individual rights not "rights" bestowed by some governing body whoever they may be.

We are asking you to not spam our thread. You have not contributed to this thread at all. You have turned into a negative troll. We will report your posts as spam.

I feel that I have a valid argument which you have not addressed. This year is a very important one in the history of Scotland, where we are voting in a referendum to decide whether or not to remain part of the United Kingdom.

You have not addressed my concerns that you are basically leading people astray with a 'GBCoin' when the future of that 'GB' remains very uncertain.

This is a real issue, and one which many of your followers may have interest in, how you will deal with the event of breakup of this island?

please address this issue. It has in fact been my point all along; and you respond by deleting my posts. This does not bode well for any other Scottish adopter of your coin.

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
Crypto-t (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2014, 05:40:12 PM

You are moving from one governing body to another.

Do people really need a governing body to tell them how to lead their lives? To take a significant percentage of their income via taxes and in return provide third-rate services that would be much cheaper in an open market.

18th September is a referendum being taken by the people of Scotland, to decide the future of a country, not an election to decide who is to be in government.

Politics

raskul

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 05:45:34 PM

This is where you are quite wrong.
In political terms; Scotland is, already devolved.

This is a referendum to decide independence - a totally different matter.
This is the break up of the 'United Kingdom' and 'Great Britain' allowing one people to regain their national identity.
You are promoting a 'Great Britain' coin, perhaps you should have waited to know if the mass of the island would like to be part of a 'Great Britain' before you assume that it will automatically wish to adopt a 'GBCoin'. No?

Do people really need a governing body to tell them how to lead their lives? To take a significant percentage of their income via taxes and in return provide third-rate services that would be much cheaper in an open market.

Politics

Crypto-t (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2014, 05:55:09 PM

These are from Wiki:

Great Britain,[note 1] also known as Britain, is an island in the Atlantic Ocean off the north-western coast of continental Europe. It is the ninth-largest island in the world and the largest island in Europe. With a population of about 61 million people in 2011, it is the third-most populous island in the world, after Java (Indonesia) and Honshū (Japan). It is surrounded by over 1,000 smaller islands. Politically, Great Britain refers to the island together with a number of surrounding islands, which constitute the territory of England, Scotland and Wales.

The British Isles are a group of islands off the north-western coast of continental Europe that include the islands of Great Britain, Ireland and over six thousand smaller isles.[5] Two sovereign states are located on the islands: Ireland (additionally described as the Republic of Ireland, covering five-sixths of the island of the same name)[6] and the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (commonly known as the United Kingdom). The British Isles also include three dependencies of the British Crown: the Isle of Man and, by tradition, the Bailiwick of Jersey and the Bailiwick of Guernsey in the Channel Islands, although the latter are not physically a part of the archipelago.[7][8]

Scotland is part of the British Isles and whatever happens later this year, Scotland will still be part of the British Isles.

GB Coin is not about politics between individual countries. GB is simply a few countries and part of the same island.

This is the break up of the 'United Kingdom' and 'Great Britain' allowing one people to regain their national identity.
You are promoting a 'Great Britain' coin, perhaps you should have waited to know if the mass of the island would like to be part of a 'Great Britain' before you assume that it will automatically wish to adopt a 'GBCoin'. No?

Politics

raskul

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 06:10:13 PM

and you assume that after the referendum vote, the people of Scotland will want to adopt a 'GBCoin' ?
i think not.

These are from Wiki:

Great Britain,[note 1] also known as Britain, is an island in the Atlantic Ocean off the north-western coast of continental Europe. It is the ninth-largest island in the world and the largest island in Europe. With a population of about 61 million people in 2011, it is the third-most populous island in the world, after Java (Indonesia) and Honshū (Japan). It is surrounded by over 1,000 smaller islands. Politically, Great Britain refers to the island together with a number of surrounding islands, which constitute the territory of England, Scotland and Wales.

The British Isles are a group of islands off the north-western coast of continental Europe that include the islands of Great Britain, Ireland and over six thousand smaller isles.[5] Two sovereign states are located on the islands: Ireland (additionally described as the Republic of Ireland, covering five-sixths of the island of the same name)[6] and the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (commonly known as the United Kingdom). The British Isles also include three dependencies of the British Crown: the Isle of Man and, by tradition, the Bailiwick of Jersey and the Bailiwick of Guernsey in the Channel Islands, although the latter are not physically a part of the archipelago.[7][8]

Scotland is part of the British Isles and whatever happens later this year, Scotland will still be part of the British Isles.

GB Coin is not about politics between individual countries. GB is simply a few countries and part of the same island.

Politics

Crypto-t (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2014, 06:19:23 PM

I'm not assuming anything! Good luck to Scotland. The less people ruling over the Scottish people the better.

What we are doing is really simple. We are spreading the benefits of crypto currencies. We think one of the best ways to do this is via workshops and meet-ups. We explain how cryptos work and the benefits. For example, we've had a number people do translations for us, and they did a great job. We paid them via GB Coins, and it took me seconds to send them the coins. Crypto currencies are cheaper and better to use than Visa, Mastercard, Paypal, Banks, etc, and we want to share those benefits and get more people involved.

GB is just about the British Isles and where we are concentrating our workshops and meet-ups, and absolutely nothing to do with individual governments or politics.

This is just one of our blog posts: http://blog.gbcoinfoundation.org/natural-law-vs-man-made-law/

and you assume that after the referendum vote, the people of Scotland will want to adopt a 'GBCoin' ?
i think not.

These are from Wiki:

Politics

raskul

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 06:24:24 PM

OK, fair enough, but i feel a little uncomfortable, it all seems very evangelical in your approach.
i'm not a great fan of groups, foundations, cults, sects or religions, so getting together for a group hug because bitcoin is a better way to transact isn't really a lot of folks 'thing'

however, i would like to come along to your Edinburgh workshop... if only to hear what you have to say first hand.
ps. i'll pass on the blog posts. thanks.

I'm not assuming anything! Good luck to Scotland. The less people ruling over the Scottish people the better.

What we are doing is really simple. We are spreading the benefits of crypto currencies. We think one of the best ways to do this is via workshops and meet-ups. We explain how cryptos work and the benefits. For example, we've had a number people do translations for us, and they did a great job. We paid them via GB Coins, and it took me seconds to send them the coins. Crypto currencies are cheaper and better to use than Visa, Mastercard, Paypal, Banks, etc, and we want to share those benefits and get more people involved.

GB is just about the British Isles and where we are concentrating our workshops and meet-ups, and absolutely nothing to do with individual governments or politics.

This is just one of our blog posts: http://blog.gbcoinfoundation.org/natural-law-vs-man-made-law/

Crypto-t (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2014, 06:31:04 PM

The idea of using workshops to promote something is well established!

Many years ago I did a graphics-related course. I did the course because they offered a free workshop first. The free workshop lead to the course. Universities and colleges use this promotional tactic to demonstrate the quality of their courses.

There are no groups hugs unless you want to of course lol

OK, fair enough, but i feel a little uncomfortable, it all seems very evangelical in your approach.
i'm not a great fan of groups, foundations, cults, sects or religions, so getting together for a group hug because bitcoin is a better way to transact isn't really a lot of folks 'thing'

however, i would like to come along to your Edinburgh workshop... if only to hear what you have to say first hand.
ps. i'll pass on the blog posts. thanks.

Crypto-t (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2014, 06:39:50 PM

Please vote for GB Coin to be traded on EcoinFund: http://www.ecoinfund.com/vote

altcoinex

Activity: 293

Director - www.cubeform.io

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2014, 07:30:43 PM

It pains me how well this coin will do with minimal effort ;]

╓╢╬╣╣╖
                                   ┌║██████║∩
                                   ]█████████
                                    ╜██████╝`
                                      ╙╜╜╜`
                                   ╓╥@@@@@@╥╓
         ╓╖@@╖,                 ,@║██████████╢@,                 ,╓@@╖╓
       ╓╢██████╢.              ╓╢███████████████╖               ║╢█████║╓
       ║█████████    ,,╓╓,,   ┌║█████████████████┐   ,,╓╓,,    ]█████████
       └╢██████║` ╓╢║██████╢║∩``╙╙╙╙╙╙╙╙╙╙╙╙╙╙╙╙╙`»╢╢██████╢║╖  ║███████╜
         "╜╜╜╜` ╖╢█████████╣╜                      └╢██████████@ `╜╜╜╜╜
               ║██████████╜                          ╙╢██████████
              ┌█████████╜                              ╙╢█████████
              └███████╨`                                 ╜████████
               ║████╨╜                                    `╢█████
                ╙╢╣╜                                        └╢█╜
                ,,                                            ,,
             ╓@║██┐                                          ┌██║@╓
            ╢██████                                          ]█████H
           ╢███████∩                                        ┌████████
  ╓@@@@╓   █████████                                        ║████████`  ╓@@@@╖
╓╢██████║. █████████∩                                      ┌█████████ ,║███████╖
██████████ └█████████                                      ██████████ ]█████████
`║██████╜`  └╢████████                                    ┌███████╣╜   ╙██████╨`
  `╙╜╜╙`      `╙╨╢████                                    █████╝╜`       `╙╜╜`
                      ]@╓                              ╓╖H
                      ███╢║@╓,                    ,╓@╢╢███`
                      ████████╢@╖╓.           ╓╖@║████████`
                      ]███████████╢║@╓,  ,╓@╢╢████████████
                       ╙╢█████████████╨` ╜██████████████╜
                         ╙╝╢███████║╜`    `╜║████████╝╜`
                     ,╓@@@╓  `²╙``             `╙²`  ╓@@@╖,
                    ║╢█████╢H                      ╓╢██████H
                    █████████                      █████████`
                    ╙╢██████╜                      ╙╢██████╜
                      └╨╩╝┘                          └╨╩╝╜
WINFLOW.
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
xfranz

Activity: 252

xHash.net Pools

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2014, 08:22:11 PM

URL: http://www.xhash.net

VARDIFF / Stratum / Prop / 1% fee / no downtime / responsive design/ trollbox / over 15 supported coins

zxm7001

Activity: 280

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 11:05:57 PM

Website | Twitter  | Bitcointalk

Hi,GBCOIN Community

We have added GBCOIN to ECOINFUND vote list ECOINFUND vote
Multi-language Alt-Coin Exchange,Fast, Secure and Trustworthy.

Giveaway:
Tweet this green text on your own twitter account and recive 50ECC(ECC Details):
ecoinfund.com |New Exchange,multi-language support,Earn 50ECC(fee shares) by every retweet before 15 April,don't miss the train!
Not re-tweet,but tweet this and post twitter link and your Ecoinfund ID on our bitcointalk thread or pm us.
ECF Coin (ECC for short) is the fee share program launched by Ecoinfund.
Ecoinfund will commit 50% of trade revenue to ECC program. (highest on market)
Giveaway more infomation:https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=501030.0

Happy trading !

Crypto-t (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2014, 12:09:12 AM

GB Coin's sub Reddit is now active: http://blog.gbcoinfoundation.org/gbcoins-sub-reddit-is-now-active/

http://www.reddit.com/r/GBCoinFoundation/

Crypto-t (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2014, 02:28:24 AM

Coin Joint's write-up on GB Coin: http://blog.gbcoinfoundation.org/coin-joints-write-up-on-gb-coin/

GB Coin (Great British Coin) is the latest in a number of country related coin releases that developers hope will gain wide adoption in their target nations. Recent releases including Auroracoin, SpainCoin and Isracoin have been relatively successful and the idea of a geographically focused cryptocurrency has obviously struck a chord with some.

The coin differs from recent launches as there will be no ‘airdrop’ in which a large percentage of the coins are pre-mined and distributed amongst the country’s population. Instead it is 1% pre-mined for giveaways, development and workshop giveaways.

Original article: http://coinjoint.info/gb_coin/

wildone

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 03:00:36 AM

@leigh2k14: let us know what area of the UK you are from and we will arrange a workshop there covering wallets, blockchain, mining, etc, and then have few beers in the local pub.

Thanks for the offer, but i'll pass, as I believe this coin should of done some sort of air drop to the British people, I would of been heavily involved if that were the case. As it stands I can't get behind it.

I won't bother you no more.

No please, list the currency on Cryptsy and will see if you should be bothered with it Cheesy
escamillo

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 04:34:17 AM

Hi, could you please reply to my pm regarding translations
Lexomatico

Activity: 68

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 10:29:27 AM

https://coin-swap.net/ maybe scamsite!!
for registration ONLY e-mail adress and they want my wallet adress....i think this is not right!
salmion

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 11:28:01 AM

https://coin-swap.net/ maybe scamsite!!
for registration ONLY e-mail adress and they want my wallet adress....i think this is not right!

Yeah not sure about that one either.

ALTeX is fine the coin needs to be heard about to do well. Rather drive some volume on one exchange. Makes it easier to approach others when demand is high enough.
Crypto-t (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2014, 12:00:10 PM

Please go ahead with the translation.

Hi, could you please reply to my pm regarding translations

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: