Bitcoin Forum
May 20, 2024, 10:49:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Paying with crypto for government services  (Read 436 times)
Tash

Activity: 1190
Merit: 305

Pro financial, medical liberty

View Profile
January 09, 2021, 06:34:31 PM

Ordinary debit card can be loaded with crypto with as little as 1 cent and used everywhere
https://www.relayx.com/card

ElaineGanda

Activity: 422
Merit: 103

Futurov

View Profile
January 09, 2021, 07:08:42 PM

Governments are generally quite slow in adopting new tech, so things like adopting crypto are more of an exception rather than the norm that it to be expected. We actually don't see any significant progress in crypto adoption for payments by anyone at all. Government adoption will only come after mainstream adoption, which also assumes proper and full regulation, and we don't even have that still.

How funny that the government once a hater of cryptocurrency and now they realized that it is something to be adopted. Also the centralized banks are not in favor of crypto but nowadays there are a lot of banks that wants to become related in crypto world.

███████████████ ██ █      F U T U R O V     The #watch2earn Revolution      █ ██ ███████████████
Website  ⦁  Telegram Group  ⦁  Telegram Channel  ⦁  Twitter  ⦁  Instagram  ⦁  YouTube  ⦁  TikTok  ⦁  Github
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE  ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1363

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
January 15, 2021, 05:57:44 PM

governments have no need to adopt paying with crypto for its services because they have to promote their own fiat currency. so in many countries we won't see such possibilities in the near future.

That's certainly true, mate. Using crypto on top of Fiat, goes against what governments established in the first place. They wouldn't want to lose control over the mainstream economy, so it's unlikely governments will adopt crypto as payment method for their services. Your best bet would be to use a credit/debit card that's tied to your crypto balance. Many crypto companies already provide the ability to do this. You can pay your bills, and do everything you do with Fiat by using a crypto credit/debit card. While this brings back the middleman, it's the only way you'll be able to pay for government services.

Nonetheless, all that matters is that crypto remains decentralized and censorship-resistant to be able to stand the test of time. No matter if governments reject or approve crypto/Blockchain tech, the industry will carry on as usual. It shouldn't be long enough before governments and central banks consider crypto to be a threat to the existing monetary system. Just my opinion Smiley

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
bitcoinst

Activity: 1708
Merit: 651

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
January 16, 2021, 05:24:32 PM

Crypto is growing in popularity each day, bringing the attention of mainstream governments and banks worldwide. Some governments have already imposed regulations towards the crypto/Blockchain industry, while others are still undecided. I've heard that some US states allowed citizens to pay their taxes with crypto. I'm not sure if they still allow this, but it brings convenience to crypto "hodlers". Imagine being able to pay with crypto for a birth certificate, driver's license, and even bail predetermined by courts.

Do you think governments around the world will allow people to pay with crypto for their services? Or is it still too early to tell? Will accepting crypto payments directly, increase people's confidence into crypto/Blockchain tech? If not, why? Your input will be greatly appreciated. Thanks Smiley

I think no. Why would they? How will they tax this? In order to carry out such operations, it is necessary to create a separate legislative base, otherwise there will be problems with calculations.
It is a very difficult and long history to create a legal framework, especially if there are no precedents as an example.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████
██                ▄▄▄███████▄▄                 ██
██             ▄███▀▀        ▀▀▄               ██
██▄▄███████▀  ███▀                             ██
██▀█▄▄       ███▀   ▐███████▄    ▄██▄          ██
██  ▀███▄▄▄ ███▌    ▐██    ██    ▀██▀          ██
██      ▀▀█████▌    ▐███████▀           ▀▀██▄▄ ██
██          ███▌    ▐██ ▄▄▄                 ▀████
██           ███▄   ▐██  ▀██▄ ▀▀▀███████████▀▀ ██
██            ████▄             ▄█▀            ██
██             ▀████▄▄▄     ▄▄██▀              ██
██                ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀                ██
█████████████████████████████████████████████████
VIRTUAL WORLDS
BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Dessy88

Activity: 1050
Merit: 100

Vave.com

View Profile
January 16, 2021, 05:37:07 PM

It's is true crypto is growing every day so hope one day possible paying crypto for government services. I think my country not possible because here is our government can't trust crypto. Even not yet progress legally crypto in my country but my government try to consider support it from maintain rules.

itachi gunasekara

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 17, 2021, 02:41:06 PM

In my country, I don't think the government will accept it right now. But it might be in the future one day. The biggest advantage now is that we can make online payment.
Ridwan Fauzi

Activity: 1330
Merit: 147

View Profile
January 17, 2021, 02:55:38 PM

The situation will be said as mass adoption as we often to disscuss in this forum. I know it will take a long time for crypto, but who know as long as the crypto user growing time by time and it does not rule out the possibility that every government will re-regulate the use of crypto and they accept it well.

If that happen then there will be another consideration by crypto user, especially about fee per transaction. Last week I sent bitcoin to my exchange wallet and you have to know the fee transaction was really high to me. I have to spend $15 per one transaction although I sent arrounf $50 in bitcoin. This thing is a problem for crypto user, and seem like it will be an obstacle for every merchant or even the government to adopt crypto currency.
mezzaluna

Activity: 518
Merit: 23

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 17, 2021, 03:09:18 PM

Crypto is growing in popularity each day, bringing the attention of mainstream governments and banks worldwide. Some governments have already imposed regulations towards the crypto/Blockchain industry, while others are still undecided. I've heard that some US states allowed citizens to pay their taxes with crypto. I'm not sure if they still allow this, but it brings convenience to crypto "hodlers". Imagine being able to pay with crypto for a birth certificate, driver's license, and even bail predetermined by courts.

Do you think governments around the world will allow people to pay with crypto for their services? Or is it still too early to tell? Will accepting crypto payments directly, increase people's confidence into crypto/Blockchain tech? If not, why? Your input will be greatly appreciated. Thanks Smiley

This regulations should be beneficial for all and not just for the benefit of the Government. Third-world countries cannot yet apply this application because most of this governments have not funded the research teams dedicated for this technology and even though a lot of users are already ready for this application, the government is not yet ready to accept the fact that there can be another currency used within their country.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
kpierce77
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 17, 2021, 03:30:34 PM

For now it may not be "specifically" compatible enough for the government. if it's to pay employees like restaurants, or sports players, I guess that's fine. for now crypto still needs regulations that support and become the basis for making crypto a fairly complex government instrument
Princeofpoetry

Activity: 686
Merit: 28

PUGG.io

View Profile
January 17, 2021, 03:49:05 PM

I think it's too early that crypto is used as a means of government payment service, which needs to be considered that the price of crypto is always dynamic, it can change at any time. it might be better to use digital money using blockchain technology. it's better than using crypto.

terrific

Activity: 2142
Merit: 506

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
January 17, 2021, 06:14:37 PM

I don't think so that the government will accept crypto as their payment with their services. They will not take the cryprocurrency bacause they are not able to control its circulation, stability and availalibity.
They did in some parts of USA.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/kellyphillipserb/2018/11/26/ohio-becomes-the-first-state-to-allow-taxpayers-to-pay-tax-bills-using-cryptocurrency/
There could be other states in the US that will adopt it soon.

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

kindbtc

Activity: 1008
Merit: 12

SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!

View Profile
January 17, 2021, 07:22:46 PM

I am not much at ease to pay government tax and bills via crypto because they can then even ask for crypto taxes which i will hate, they just want to take our money out of everything, being a new tech i think all the governements around the world should declare crypto a tax free asset for atleast 10 years.

Swaap | Nova Bank
----------------------------------------------
[ GET | ACCEPT | EXCHANGE | WALLETS ]
Kabul

Activity: 619
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 17, 2021, 07:27:13 PM

I don't think so that the government will accept crypto as their payment with their services. They will not take the cryprocurrency bacause they are not able to control its circulation, stability and availalibity.
They did in some parts of USA.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/kellyphillipserb/2018/11/26/ohio-becomes-the-first-state-to-allow-taxpayers-to-pay-tax-bills-using-cryptocurrency/
There could be other states in the US that will adopt it soon.
This is a good new, Eventually, as you say, many other parts of the country will open their arms and starts to implement bitcoin in their taxi system. However, I will not pay government by my bitcoin because I'd rather save it for better future than spending my coins for this simple task.

▄▄█████████▄▄
     ▄███▀▀       ▀▀███▄
   ▄██▀               ▀██▄
  ██▀ ▄▄             ▄▄ ▀██
 ██▀  ▐██████▄ ▄██████▌  ▀██
██▀    ██  ███ ███  ██    ▀██
██      █▄ ▐██ ██▌ ▄█      ██
██▄      ▀ ▐██ ██▌ ▀      ▄██
 ██▄        ██ ██        ▄██
  ██▄        ███        ▄██
   ▀██▄              ▄██▀
     ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
        ▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██                                         
██████████  ▄▄  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██▄     
██          ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ████▄   
██          ██  ██        ██     ▄▄██▀  ██   ▄██▀  ██ ▀██▄ 
██          ██  ██        ██  ▄██▀▀     ██▄██▀▀    ██   ▀██▄
██████████  ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ██     ██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀     ▀▀

Finance

▄█▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
         ▄█████▄   ▀███████████
 █▄    ▄█████████    ██████████
 ███▄▄█████████▀   ▄██████████▌
 ████████████▀   ▄████████████
▐██████████▀   ▄█████████▀ ▀██
▐█████████▄   █████████▀     ▀
████████████▄  ▀█████▀
███████▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█▀

jacafbiz

Activity: 2072
Merit: 530

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
January 17, 2021, 08:09:58 PM

I can see this happening, but it is just going to be an option, they won't substitute their national currencies for Crypto. I believe private businesses have a role to play here, when you go to places and you see can pay with Bitcoin, before you know it BTC is going to be like USD and other strong currencies that developing countries love to hold in their reserves and will start thinking how they can benefit from it

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
Kocret02

Activity: 1134
Merit: 250

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live

View Profile
January 17, 2021, 08:19:56 PM

I say "too early" because payment with crypto is still risky, so for the government to accept payments with crypto it must be reviewed and must really pay attention to the concept so that there is no risk and loss from society or the government

█████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
darewaller

Activity: 2814
Merit: 634

View Profile
January 18, 2021, 08:48:13 AM

I would be happy just to be able to pay my bills with crypto, that would be such a huge move. I think the payment of my water bill, electricity bill, gas bill, heating bill, phones and internet would be more than enough. If I could pay those in crypto that would allow me to have a bit of crypto aside to pay for those and I can turn into part-time crypto person.

Right now I either use fiat and have crypto savings, or I am full fiat, because I can't have crypto to spend, last time I truly spent crypto was going to a vacation in 2017 using my crypto and that's it, never spent anything on crypto after that (except my vps but that existed long time before that and keeps going and only 5 bucks a month). Having some of your payments in crypto would allow people to spend crypto and make crypto a bit more like currency and a bit less fully an investment.
dotcoin.info

Activity: 686
Merit: 252

www.cd3d.app

View Profile
January 21, 2021, 06:30:58 PM

I am sure in the near future this will be possible in many countries, but on condition that you reveal your identity, as well as reveal the origin of the funds. Otherwise, I don't see the slightest chance. Indeed, if you are a criminal and decide to launder money in this way, and all this will be revealed, there will be a big political scandal. It is much more profitable for the state to take a percentage of your income, even in cryptocurrency, but it must know where you got the money from in order to understand how much you can take from you in the future.

Dr.Osh
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1004

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
January 22, 2021, 03:00:10 AM

I am not sure that the government will give something like that, because in terms of responsibility, such as theft or other things, I don't think they can be held accountable for it, unless the crytpo they share is centralized coin. yeah, but if the development of cryptocurrency dominates, sooner or later, the government will definitely use payment methods via cryptocurrency, but I firmly believe that the token will become a centralized token.

█████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Maslate

Activity: 3010
Merit: 678

Message @Hhampuz if you are looking for a CM!

View Profile
January 23, 2021, 11:25:39 AM

I am not sure that the government will give something like that, because in terms of responsibility, such as theft or other things, I don't think they can be held accountable for it, unless the crytpo they share is centralized coin. yeah, but if the development of cryptocurrency dominates, sooner or later, the government will definitely use payment methods via cryptocurrency, but I firmly believe that the token will become a centralized token.
I get your point, the government can freeze accounts once a fund is hacked because normally it will go through different banks and the AMLC will enter to investigate, while in crypto, it's not possible since transaction in crypto is irreversible and even if we have a lot of regulated exchanges but there are also a lot of OTC and even DEX, so it's not possible for the government to hold or even trace the funds.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x