Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 12:33:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Texas Laser Systems Accepting BitCoins  (Read 3374 times)
TexasLaserSystems (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 27, 2011, 08:18:42 PM

Hello! I own Texas Laser Systems and want to start excepting BitCoins. I have been surfing the forum and been reading up on this the idea of this non-controllable currency.. I like what I see. I have added BitCoin as an option in the checkout section. Once a purchase is made, I will email the cutomer the total amount of bitcoins to send and the address. What do you guys think? I do not know of any "integrated" solutions where I can accept bitcoins automatically, does anyone else know?

Is there any list of Merchants that Accept BitCoins that I can get added to?

Website is: www.texaslasersystems.com

Thanks!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
GoWest

Activity: 563
Merit: 501

betwithbtc.com

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2011, 08:29:22 PM

Your site has just been added to the Bitcoin Better Business Bureau.

I recommend you add yourself to The Bitcoin Review.

If you're looking for a Bitcoin payment processor, I highly recommend bit-pay.  I have no affiliation with them.

Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
November 27, 2011, 08:32:12 PM

There is the list on the wiki:
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Trade

As for automated systems for bitcoins, yes there are! Bit-pay for example, it allow you to directly accept bitcoins and sell them for $ and to automatically change the bitcoin price to make sure you always get paid the same amount of $

https://bit-pay.com/

TexasLaserSystems (OP)

View Profile
November 27, 2011, 08:33:48 PM

Excellent, I appreciate your help!
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
November 27, 2011, 08:36:06 PM

I'm checking your website, very interesting lasers  Cheesy

TexasLaserSystems (OP)

View Profile
November 27, 2011, 08:42:17 PM

Thanks! I'm hoping becoming a merchant that accepts bitcoins will help and contribute to the currency, and that tech people (like us) that are into bitcoins also like lasers  Smiley
nmat

Activity: 602
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 27, 2011, 09:01:14 PM

I also added you here.
TexasLaserSystems (OP)

View Profile
November 27, 2011, 09:13:51 PM

Thanks!
deslok

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

It's all about the game, and how you play it

View Profile
November 27, 2011, 10:39:19 PM

you had me all excited that i could buy a CNC laser for bitcoins! but it's mostly high powered pointers and such which are still fun

"If we don't hang together, by Heavens we shall hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin

If you found that funny or something i said useful i always appreciate spare change
1PczDQHfEj3dJgp6wN3CXPft1bGB23TzTM
netrin

Activity: 322
Merit: 251

FirstBits: 168Bc

View Profile
November 28, 2011, 12:38:01 AM

Nice site. Best of luck to you. Are you shipping up to Santa in Greenland?

Greenlandic tupilak. Hand carved, traditional cursed bone figures. Sorry, polar bear, walrus and human remains not available for export.
casascius
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1136

The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2011, 12:52:22 AM

you had me all excited that i could buy a CNC laser for bitcoins! but it's mostly high powered pointers and such which are still fun

We just bought an Epilog laser table recently - the kind where a factory employee comes out and gets you set up.  I discussed Bitcoins at length with the guy who came to visit us (his name was Shawn), part of the interest came from the fact that we were buying the machine as a direct result of me having made a profit trading bitcoins.  Shawn took a bunch of my physical bitcoins back to the factory and lasered things into them with their various equipment, just to show what was possible.  If you were serious about buying one for bitcoins, they just might know what you're talking about.

Companies claiming they got hacked and lost your coins sounds like fraud so perfect it could be called fashionable.  I never believe them.  If I ever experience the misfortune of a real intrusion, I declare I have been honest about the way I have managed the keys in Casascius Coins.  I maintain no ability to recover or reproduce the keys, not even under limitless duress or total intrusion.  Remember that trusting strangers with your coins without any recourse is, as a matter of principle, not a best practice.  Don't keep coins online. Use paper or hardware wallets instead.
deslok

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

It's all about the game, and how you play it

View Profile
November 28, 2011, 01:40:17 AM

We just bought an Epilog laser table recently - the kind where a factory employee comes out and gets you set up.  I discussed Bitcoins at length with the guy who came to visit us (his name was Shawn), part of the interest came from the fact that we were buying the machine as a direct result of me having made a profit trading bitcoins.  Shawn took a bunch of my physical bitcoins back to the factory and lasered things into them with their various equipment, just to show what was possible.  If you were serious about buying one for bitcoins, they just might know what you're talking about.

I've used epilog equipment before but gernally find universal makes a more accurate table however finding the spare change for one is no small feat even if the last thing you want is a factory tech to come set it up

"If we don't hang together, by Heavens we shall hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin

If you found that funny or something i said useful i always appreciate spare change
1PczDQHfEj3dJgp6wN3CXPft1bGB23TzTM
BTCurious

Activity: 714
Merit: 504

^SEM img of Si wafer edge, scanned 2012-3-12.

View Profile
November 28, 2011, 02:16:33 AM

Shawn took a bunch of my physical bitcoins back to the factory and lasered things into them with their various equipment, just to show what was possible.
Pics or it didn't happen!

Seriously though, that is awesome.
Props also to you, TexasLaserSystems. I'm not anywhere near Texas though, and I hear customs don't like lasers in the mail Smiley

Distribution

Activity: 711
Merit: 500

Fight fire with photos.

View Profile
November 28, 2011, 04:08:12 AM

Interesting site. It's always good to see new stuff available for Bitcoins.
TexasLaserSystems (OP)

View Profile
November 28, 2011, 04:31:53 AM

Seriously though, that is awesome.
Props also to you, TexasLaserSystems. I'm not anywhere near Texas though, and I hear customs don't like lasers in the mail Smiley

Thanks Smiley Yes, they can be tough to import to the US, although to be honest - issues are rare. Nonetheless, I'm trying to get everything switched over to the FDA Certified stuff so there won't be any issues.

In regards to CNC lasers, sorry - I don't have that. Maybe someday. But I will soon be adding some CO2 Laser Tubes (20watt - 150watt) and Power Supplies to the website.

BTCurious

View Profile
November 28, 2011, 08:34:13 AM

Thanks Smiley Yes, they can be tough to import to the US, although to be honest - issues are rare. Nonetheless, I'm trying to get everything switched over to the FDA Certified stuff so there won't be any issues.
Actually, I'm not in the US either Wink

casascius
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1136

The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2011, 05:57:35 AM

Pics or it didn't happen!

How's this?  (Since the time Shawn sent me the samples, I bought my own 75-dollar can of the laser marking material he was using, and did this bar myself)

It's the real deal, one-of-a-kind thus far.

http://blockexplorer.com/address/1AVLk3NSP7djqjPdRNff3CzVMqobk4imup

I was able to laser mark both the denomination into the bar (in black lettering) as well as into the hologram (in a sort of low-power "melt" lettering which actually looks cool because the melted plastic combines with the holo material and looks like glitter)

Companies claiming they got hacked and lost your coins sounds like fraud so perfect it could be called fashionable.  I never believe them.  If I ever experience the misfortune of a real intrusion, I declare I have been honest about the way I have managed the keys in Casascius Coins.  I maintain no ability to recover or reproduce the keys, not even under limitless duress or total intrusion.  Remember that trusting strangers with your coins without any recourse is, as a matter of principle, not a best practice.  Don't keep coins online. Use paper or hardware wallets instead.
BTCurious

View Profile
November 29, 2011, 08:50:05 AM

Holy crap that looks so cool! And I love you for actually loading it with ฿1000 Cheesy

boonies4u

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 29, 2011, 09:11:00 AM

Do you also sell sharks? I need sharks and lasers, so I can put the lasers on the sharks.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
November 29, 2011, 11:40:59 AM

Bitcoin and laser beams just seem so right together. If only we could get Unwanted Hair Removal services to accept Bitcoin. Imagine the possibilities.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: