Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:23:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Tidecoin: Post-Quantum Security Bitcoin | PoW only | CPU friendly algo  (Read 7984 times)
dominguero

Activity: 427
Merit: 212

View Profile
January 09, 2021, 11:34:50 AM

I've long thought the need for everything to be "on chain" is over-rated. This is why I like solutions like Lightning Network which speed up transaction time but in an "off chain" way - there is no practical need to solve all problems "on chain" - I think "off chain" resolutions to issues like inflation is perfectly valid as an option. This is just a hobby for me really, so I do not much care.
I hate offchain characteristics.

For me, its centralized and unreliable solution. I never invest in any cripto that need such things to work well.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
prevblock (OP)

Activity: 72
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 09, 2021, 12:40:22 PM
Merited by dominguero (1)

At the beginning design the consideration to make the supply approximately equal to bitcoin is after 4 years, but this seems that has the serious hyperinflation problem. So how to design the mining interval for the first 50% of total supply? Can guys offer us your suggestion. Tidecoin is belongs to the every one, but it needs some time to be spread to.

Is the hyperinflation a real problem when there is no price?

In the beginning, all coins value is 0. In any case, the price, its the mining electricity cost.

The initial high supply, could depreciate the value of the coin because the miners take a lot of coins. But this Its so bad?

If you see other coins that make opposite way, like linear emission, they take a lot of value in the beginning, but from that moment they begin to fall, until they find a stable price.

Tidecoin would have a very low price at first, but as soon as it attracts the miners / users, and due to its low max supply, I do not think it will go down to 0 sat, no matter how much the reward be. That could help to have a good distribution, since miners have a perception of an excess of coins.

In six month the miners take 1/4 of the initial reward, and if the project have a good evolution, they have to replant the sell price.

There are no written rules, nor any manual that can say that excess emission at the beginning is a better or worse option. Moreover, I think it is a minor issue, the success or failure of a project (in the long term, not for a bump-dump scheme) depends on many other things.

Making a successful coin is like a marathon, the least important thing is how fast you start.

My suggestion, wait six months and email tradeogre.

The miner is import at the early stage. In six month the miners take 1/2 of total reward, the volume is huge but it can provide a relative low price to the redistribution. Agree that a long term evolution depends many other things.
Nuser5378

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2021, 06:37:28 PM

Why this project has this ECC dependency? That is not Falcon Signatures.
https://github.com/tidecoin/tidecoin/blob/master/build_msvc/libsecp256k1_config.h
stas333

Activity: 15

View Profile
January 09, 2021, 10:11:10 PM

At the beginning design the consideration to make the supply approximately equal to bitcoin is after 4 years, but this seems that has the serious hyperinflation problem. So how to design the mining interval for the first 50% of total supply? Can guys offer us your suggestion. Tidecoin is belongs to the every one, but it needs some time to be spread to.
I want to ask all project participants, many of you are afraid of hyperinflation due to the fact that half of all coins will be generated in the first half of the year, I believe that for this, first we need to remove the factor that there are addresses in the explorer that show high deposits from the total number of coins, and first of all, I ask their owners to generate and redistribute coins to addresses, so that each of them does not have more than 0.5% of the existing coins at this stage, and then all miners should constantly monitor as the number of coins grows so that the address does not exceed this percentage and if it is necessary to generate more new ones if it is exceeded. this is a psychological factor for everyone who looks at the top 100 addresses and it greatly influences new users and miners to attract them.
secondly, I believe that we need to open out-of-stock trading in discord and introduce a rule that the volume of one trade did not exceed 100 coins at a time, and if a person wants to buy or sell 1000 coins, he will have to submit a new buy or sell request each time. this will lead to a large number of transactions, which will have a good effect on price formation. find worthy escrow representatives among our community who will ensure openness and honesty of trading, let them take 1 or 2 percent of the transaction, which is a worthy reward for their work. and outside the exchange trading should continue until the time of the first halving comes, and then withdraw the coin to the real exchange and the starting price by this moment will be fully formed.                as well as the number of participants and miners, will reach a level where the difficulty of mining is very high and no longer gives the possibility of strong inflation.
prevblock (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2021, 07:31:46 AM

Why this project has this ECC dependency? That is not Falcon Signatures.
https://github.com/tidecoin/tidecoin/blob/master/build_msvc/libsecp256k1_config.h

The ECC is not used in Tidecoin, and replaced by Falcon. It is just not removed from source code.
prevblock (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2021, 07:58:38 AM

I want to ask all project participants, many of you are afraid of hyperinflation due to the fact that half of all coins will be generated in the first half of the year, I believe that for this, first we need to remove the factor that there are addresses in the explorer that show high deposits from the total number of coins, and first of all, I ask their owners to generate and redistribute coins to addresses, so that each of them does not have more than 0.5% of the existing coins at this stage, and then all miners should constantly monitor as the number of coins grows so that the address does not exceed this percentage and if it is necessary to generate more new ones if it is exceeded. this is a psychological factor for everyone who looks at the top 100 addresses and it greatly influences new users and miners to attract them.
secondly, I believe that we need to open out-of-stock trading in discord and introduce a rule that the volume of one trade did not exceed 100 coins at a time, and if a person wants to buy or sell 1000 coins, he will have to submit a new buy or sell request each time. this will lead to a large number of transactions, which will have a good effect on price formation. find worthy escrow representatives among our community who will ensure openness and honesty of trading, let them take 1 or 2 percent of the transaction, which is a worthy reward for their work. and outside the exchange trading should continue until the time of the first halving comes, and then withdraw the coin to the real exchange and the starting price by this moment will be fully formed.                as well as the number of participants and miners, will reach a level where the difficulty of mining is very high and no longer gives the possibility of strong inflation.

The price movement is complex, trading outside or inside the exchange is not limited. If listing in exchange it can be attracted more people outside the community.
neguinho1

Activity: 141

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2021, 12:58:17 PM

https://erex.io/en/?pair=BTC_TDC

Is this true?
albertorma

Activity: 173
Merit: 105

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2021, 04:33:58 PM

Looks like It is another currency. Address format is different.

neguinho1

Activity: 141

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2021, 06:43:29 PM

Looks like It is another currency. Address format is different.
and why it doesn't make sense
hubertzou

Activity: 5

View Profile
January 12, 2021, 04:54:20 AM

mark Smiley
Ngenah Euy

Activity: 207
Merit: 5

View Profile
January 12, 2021, 05:07:15 AM

The TDC logo is not same with tidecoin logo....

hubertzou

View Profile
January 13, 2021, 02:11:30 PM

next sugar i think.
Hamukione

Activity: 1202
Merit: 507

Pinch.Network Guaranteed Airdrop

View Profile
January 14, 2021, 04:54:37 PM

Well, the discord server is growing nice and steady.

But something does need to happen with this project soon, or else miners will just opt and leave.
Exchanges are needed.
Services that support the coin are needed.

Pinch.Network - Join the airdrop now for free! No waitlist, no points. Guaranteed airdrop by claiming a free NFT.
hubertzou

View Profile
January 15, 2021, 04:18:22 PM

But something does need to happen with this project soon, or else miners will just opt and leave.
Exchanges are needed.

Agree, expected a mobile app for TDC
prevblock (OP)

View Profile
January 16, 2021, 11:46:54 AM

Exchanges are needed.

Exchanges will come to, if the community continues growing. The tidecoin core still needs to be optimized too, such as language related localization,  transaction size optimization, etc.  Also any other issues are welcome to submmit to the github.
prevblock (OP)

View Profile
January 18, 2021, 02:59:35 AM

As a universal p2p cash, it's designed for every one in the world. For using the wallet more easily, the localization is important. Tidecoin core is based on bitcoin, so most of the localization are done, but maybe still some texts in QT version wallet is not translated to local langue. The source code is in: https://github.com/tidecoin/tidecoin/tree/master/src/qt/locale

If any one found the incorrect local langue texts, you can change it and open a pull request.
Chris180BTC

Activity: 69
Merit: 8

View Profile
January 18, 2021, 11:06:19 AM

Does anyone know why this miner wont run on my laptop? I have it running on my desktop with no issues but when I try and set it up on the laptop in the same way I get this issue -

Thanks.
Ngenah Euy

Activity: 207
Merit: 5

View Profile
January 18, 2021, 11:52:09 AM
Last edit: January 18, 2021, 12:04:21 PM by Ngenah Euy

Does anyone know why this miner wont run on my laptop? I have it running on my desktop with no issues but when I try and set it up on the laptop in the same way I get this issue -

Thanks.

missing cpuminer_opt file.... check your antivirus and set exclusion to it.

download from rplant pool or srb-multi
Chris180BTC

Activity: 69
Merit: 8

View Profile
January 18, 2021, 04:12:18 PM

Thanks.

missing cpuminer_opt file.... check your antivirus and set exclusion to it.

download from rplant pool or srb-multi

I did disable all anti-virus and firewall and it still wont work with a new download. I then changed "cpuminer_opt" to just "cpuminer" and it runs.

On my desktop there also is no "cpuminer_opt" file and just a "cpuminer" executable, but the "opt" command works for the desktop, but not for the laptop.

Very odd.
prevblock (OP)

View Profile
January 19, 2021, 02:26:52 AM

As more and more people mining Tidecoin, but the miner in tidecoin's github repository is not efficient enough. Miners can use rplant pool's miner software to mine, the information is updated in ANN post.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: