Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:21:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ETH miners keep stopping  (Read 269 times)
Nexworks (OP)

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2021, 08:36:20 PM

Hey folks, reaching out to see if anyone has seen or knows how to fix this problem: on a GeForce 1070 when mining for ETH ever since I had to stop using Claymore due to it no longer working ive had this issue whereby regardless which software I run (Phoenix, Lolminer, T-Rex etc) the software will run anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours and then just stop and close. Software will sit at the Pause command at the end of the batch file waiting to exit. No error messages shown of any sort. On another system with a 3070 I have no issues, so its just this one rig. Geforce drivers updated to latest (clean install), power limit set to 70% via MSI Afterburner etc. Claymore ran for years without a problem so im running low on ideas as to what compatibility issue im running into now.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mrbugera2

Activity: 85
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 10, 2021, 09:12:58 PM

screen of the miner please!

(phoenix or lolminer)
rdluffy
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1304

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2021, 10:02:16 PM

Are you using the latest version of Phoenix miner?
Version 5.4c: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2647654.0

Check the riser cable if you're using one

And the most important, leave at stock settings, 100% power limit, no memory or core clock overclock, and let run for a day
Maybe your card doesn't handle overclock like before

Alternative: you can use Nicehash, and the nicehash miner "excavator", this app will restart miner if some issue happen

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK  
          100%   MULTICHARGER  
Nexworks (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2021, 10:54:31 PM

Are you using the latest version of Phoenix miner?
Version 5.4c: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2647654.0

Check the riser cable if you're using one

And the most important, leave at stock settings, 100% power limit, no memory or core clock overclock, and let run for a day
Maybe your card doesn't handle overclock like before

Alternative: you can use Nicehash, and the nicehash miner "excavator", this app will restart miner if some issue happen

Yes latest version of all programs, no riser cable. Yes I was going to try to switch to a product that auto restarts next but that really wouldnt solve my problem per say, just work around it somewhat.
Eco_111

Activity: 210
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 11, 2021, 08:45:37 AM

Have you tried another gpu in the motherboard that's stopping to mining? It might be that the graphic card is overclock? If you are using msi afterburner or other pls uninstall or reset and try again, memory overclocking can cause this problem too
Nexworks (OP)

View Profile
January 11, 2021, 01:37:44 PM

Have you tried another gpu in the motherboard that's stopping to mining? It might be that the graphic card is overclock? If you are using msi afterburner or other pls uninstall or reset and try again, memory overclocking can cause this problem too

I unfortunately dont have another GPU to test with on that board, my 3070 is part of another build. I had an overclock on before (50 on core and 400 on memory) that I removed and put all back to stock including power back to 100. That has made no difference.
Nexworks (OP)

View Profile
January 11, 2021, 02:21:40 PM

Here is how the miner looks like when it stops:

https://imgur.com/a/iRPjOIh
miner29

Activity: 1264
Merit: 138

View Profile
January 11, 2021, 05:11:28 PM

Have you tried another pool?
Im thinking there is something you have to add to the miner command line for MPH pool.
Try ethermine or nanopool and see if same problem.

Nexworks (OP)

View Profile
January 13, 2021, 04:10:01 AM

Have you tried another pool?
Im thinking there is something you have to add to the miner command line for MPH pool.
Try ethermine or nanopool and see if same problem.

Tried nanopool, no difference on the stability front, miners still randomly shut down. Nanominer though seems to have an auto restart function, guess ill have to play with that (though I rather be using phoenix)
safar1980
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1620

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile
January 13, 2021, 10:38:43 AM

Hey folks, reaching out to see if anyone has seen or knows how to fix this problem: on a GeForce 1070 when mining for ETH ever since I had to stop using Claymore due to it no longer working ive had this issue whereby regardless which software I run (Phoenix, Lolminer, T-Rex etc) the software will run anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours and then just stop and close. Software will sit at the Pause command at the end of the batch file waiting to exit. No error messages shown of any sort. On another system with a 3070 I have no issues, so its just this one rig. Geforce drivers updated to latest (clean install), power limit set to 70% via MSI Afterburner etc. Claymore ran for years without a problem so im running low on ideas as to what compatibility issue im running into now.
Do you have an operating system?
If windows 7 or 8, reinstall to windows 10.
DO NOT use the latest drivers, choose something from 2018-2019 depending on the cuda version you want.
Have you tried gminer?

Nexworks (OP)

View Profile
January 13, 2021, 05:13:12 PM

Do you have an operating system?
If windows 7 or 8, reinstall to windows 10.
DO NOT use the latest drivers, choose something from 2018-2019 depending on the cuda version you want.
Have you tried gminer?

Win10 Pro, I havent tried Gminer yet so ill give it a whirl next and see if the results are any different.
MA3A

Activity: 241
Merit: 100

To Hash or not to Hash, that's what the question

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2021, 06:34:08 PM

i have seen this problem, dude was was using nicehash though. We tried various ways to pinpoint the problem and came to conclusion its claymnoore problem, had to permanently disable it. After it was done, phoenix mier took over and was working fine since. Since everything was fine after we did not bother to create ticket with this problem.

https://www.facebook.com/Qubex-Denver-Data-Recovery-473541326020759/ - accepting coins as payment
www.qubexdatarecovery.info Professional data recovery service for PHYSICALLY DAMAGED (broken) DEVICES: RAID0/RAID5/HYBRID RAID/SSD/HDD/FLASH DRIVE/CELLPHONE/, ALL OS, up to LEVEL 4, ISO-10 Clean room/ISO-100 hoods, Pro tools and know-how.
Nexworks (OP)

View Profile
January 15, 2021, 01:47:18 AM

So I dont have a fix so far, but I have a workaround:

:start
<your miner configuration goes here>
goto start

works brilliantly. Miner stops and this just resumes it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: