Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:52:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Sell ​​my bitcoin from 2010  (Read 1864 times)
w0lf0.

Activity: 1050
Merit: 513

View Profile
January 16, 2021, 05:40:13 AM

Hello
after 12 years i remember i bought bitcoin in 2010
is it possible to sell more than 50,000 bitcoins at once or is it better to sell direct to a private individual like grayscale or microstrategy?

I'm truly speechless, it is an immense sum sincere compliments.
Take all possible precautions because the crypto world is full of scammers and malicious people, I would probably sell very few at a time (1-2) to avoid unpleasant situations, keep calm and enjoy your btc, lucky you  Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gurunanakji777

Activity: 2086
Merit: 100

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
January 16, 2021, 06:49:59 AM

When you waited such a long time why you want to sell all at once. If you really have more than 50,000 bitcoin that's great. If I were you I won't sell all I will sell according to my needs otherwise I will continue to hold because selling such a huge amount is quite challenging.

AicecreaME

Activity: 2338
Merit: 454

View Profile
January 16, 2021, 07:18:28 AM

Hello
is it possible to sell more than 50,000 bitcoins at once or is it better to sell direct to a private individual like grayscale or microstrategy?

Selling it all at once is like buying a pizza for 10,000 Bitcoin, you just lose your profits that you could make in the long run. Don't sell it all because the price went $42,000, don't be a FOMO, just sell the right amount you need to survive, save the many for the future, trust me, it's much better to sell Bitcoin in every time it'll make an ATH. For example, once it hits $42,000 again then sell 1 Bitcoin, buy in the dip. Sell again when it hits $60,000 or even higher, buy again in the dip.

And that's how you do the trick. Selling all of your Bitcoin could attract negative things like thieves or someone could kill you for your money.
RondoAnyar

Activity: 651
Merit: 101

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
January 16, 2021, 07:33:18 AM

if you sell a large amount of 50,000 bitcoins to people it will be at risk. My advice is that you sell to the exchange and you can see the appropriate price. for how much is sold I think it's your choice and it's definitely profitable for you personally

adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2968
Merit: 574

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
January 16, 2021, 07:47:51 AM

Hello
I doubt you would be able to sell 50,000 bitcoins at once! That would be insane for a "normal" user to do this. You will probably trigger a security alarm and your account might get flagged and locked. If you want to use an exchange, maybe contact a reliable exchange first. Let them know how many coins you are going to convert. Give them all the details and ask for suggestions. I am sure they will let you know what sort of documents and other things you might need to prove your ownership and to see if the coins have originated from a legit source with all taxes paid. Again, they probably won't be able to convert all of your 50,000 bitcoins. You might have to contact different exchanges.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
begau

Activity: 790
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 16, 2021, 08:39:20 AM

When you waited such a long time why you want to sell all at once. If you really have more than 50,000 bitcoin that's great. If I were you I won't sell all I will sell according to my needs otherwise I will continue to hold because selling such a huge amount is quite challenging.
He sells it all is reasonable, 2 billion dollars can enjoy everything in life. End of 2017 is a good time to sell, 50k bitcoin he can still patiently wait for the price to go higher, it's really unbelievable. I think it's not too challenging, it's good not to sell too much in a short time.
KonstantinosM

Activity: 1493
Merit: 763

Life is a taxable event

View Profile
January 16, 2021, 04:54:09 PM

Hello

I'm not going to believe you without proof.

Back then there were only a few thousand bitcoin users (I wasn't one of them either).

I might be more inclined to believe that someone mined 50,000 bitcoins back then.

If you're actually telling the truth. I would be looking to buy real estate directly using bitcoin. There's also no way that you could sell 50,000 BTC at once without dropping the price massively on the exchange that you're using and losing a ton of value or even having your money seized by the government or stolen/frozen in the exchange.

The only good way to sell mass amounts of bitcoin is slowly and carefully. It's going to take you days of planning and weeks of execution to sell even a few thousand bitcoin effectively.

If you're serious about this OTC transactions are going to be the best way. This way the market price won't slip down and you won't pay any fees.

Syscoin has the best of Bitcoin and Ethereum in one place, it's merge mined with Bitcoin so it is plugged into Bitcoin's ecosystem and takes full advantage of it's POW while rewarding Bitcoin miners with Syscoin
XavierLaurent

Activity: 82
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 16, 2021, 10:12:29 PM

Sell a few, don't sell all of them at once. It all depends but I think exchanging 0.5-2 btc at once should be risk free. Try different exchanges. Maybe invest in different assets, diversify. Buy some stock, why not. Just don't try exchange all at once if you don't want pain in the butt.
Ryker1

Activity: 1918
Merit: 442

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
January 16, 2021, 11:53:28 PM

Hello
Well, it is still unbelievable to me. I don't hear that there is a single wallet held 50k of bitcoin alone, -- but then if this is true, it will surely have an impact on the bitcoin price that will also move or down the price, it will totally shake the price. You can do whatever you want in your bitcoin, but I think an exchange will ask you a heavy regulation like a full KYC Verification. I suggest you sell little by little not just at once if you want to take a profit, that is huge money and you can retire early if you have a job. Indeed, congrats!

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
xcaret

Activity: 126
Merit: 7

View Profile
January 17, 2021, 01:53:43 AM

And then you woke up !
mady2077

Activity: 44
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2021, 05:14:36 AM

50k coins.. Wish I wake up and have 50 coins.  Probably only in my dreams.

wallet.dat sale page https://mady2030.github.io/walletBTC/
LogitechMouse
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1036

Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2021, 06:13:51 AM

Hello
If its true then congrats you're a rich man right now.
If its false then nice try Smiley.

Whatever it is, selling that huge amounts of Bitcoins at this moment will be very hard knowing that some of the popular exchanges right now have KYC. Selling little by little would be better but that may affect your profit since Bitcoin can drop significantly in a matter of days. Either way as long as you can sell your Bitcoins right now then you're still in profit. You might want to hold some if what you are saying is true.

Perks of being early Cheesy.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
777Jolami

Activity: 700
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 17, 2021, 06:34:19 AM

Hello
Not as long as you.  But I also made the same mistake.  I sold my bitcoins in 2019. More than a bad year in my life.  I worried and rethinked about how unsuccessful my job was.  The world's conditions over the past year drove the price of bitcoin to cross all gaps.  $ 50k will come soon on Chinese New Year.
cheezcarls

Activity: 2254
Merit: 658

Revolutionized copy gaming platform

View Profile
January 17, 2021, 06:40:21 AM

Hello

You are very fortunate and enjoying the big profits of the Bitcoins you've bought last 2010. CEXs are imposing limits on how much BTCs that you can withdraw in a single day. But the banks are the ones that you need to worry because if you are receiving a huge amount like that from your BTC, your funds might get freezed. If you don't want to suffer significant losses  later on, I suggest that you convert them to USDT or USDC first. Then slowly but surely, withdraw within your limits from each CEX such as Binance, OKEx, KuCoin, Huobi, etc.

Pla
                             ▄██████████▌
████             ▐███████████▌
  ████         ▐████    ███
   ▐████     ▐████     ███       ███      ▂▃▅
     ████    ████        ███      ███████
        ███    ████        ███      ███████
         ▐██    ████        ███      ███          
                 █████         ███      ███
              █████▌         ███      ███
           █████▌            ███      ███
     ██████▌
███████
ade.win
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
.R E V O L U T I O N A R Y   C O P Y   G A M I N G   P L A T F O R M  .
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██ 
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ ████▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀████ █
█ █████▄  █ ████▀  ▄█████ █
█ ██████▄  █ █▀  ▄███████ █
█ ███████▄  █  ▄█████████ █
█ ████████▄  █ ██████████ █
█ ██████▀  ▄█▄ █ ████████ █
█ ████▀  ▄███▄  █ ███████ █
█ ██▀   ██████▄  █ ██████ █
█ ██▄▄▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Play Smart Win Big!
Fragbait

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 17, 2021, 07:13:16 AM

Guess he started small, 50 coins batch.
https://www.blockchain.com/btc/address/1DGWivpu9x1ZFkYJvhS91o1zp851CguPXB
cyriljundos

Activity: 432
Merit: 10

Bitfresh - iGaming with 90s UI

View Profile
January 17, 2021, 08:40:31 AM

Hello

Your such a great holder of bitcoins, investing since  you bought in 2010 in such a low valued price. Im just imagining if you sell it now it would be so much money but be careful when selling it, maybe you should sell it 1 by 1 or convert it to other alternative coins so that tou can cash out all of those 50000btc.

so98nn

Activity: 2086
Merit: 603

View Profile
January 17, 2021, 09:28:50 AM

Hello

Only in your dreams... Anyway, that's a ridiculous question. Selling anything worth $1.5 billion worth is going to take some effort.

Yeah it’s so surprising that the guy is making easy statements regarding bitcoin worth billions. He would be listed into top 100 richest people immediately if he does sell that much bitcoin in one go. He would break all the record to gain huge asset on individual basis in single moment !!

But wait, that’s not gonna happen because there are not many exchanges who would spend that much liquidity at once considering there are also numerous buy and sell orders already in progress.

Anyway, I am more interested in seeing screenshot of how 50,000 bitcoin look like in wallet.  Tongue
7788bitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1023

View Profile
January 17, 2021, 09:43:32 AM

Anyway, I am more interested in seeing screenshot of how 50,000 bitcoin look like in wallet.  Tongue
It is impossible to see that kind of coins from the OP's wallet simply because, he was in a cave all this while and if he really had control over his coins he would have already moved the coins a long time back, you will see many claims like this and only now he remembered about his stash of coins is like he just woke up from a comma and now identified his wealth and becoming an overnight billionaire  Cheesy.
blckhawk

Activity: 1498
Merit: 327

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 17, 2021, 10:01:14 AM

Hello
Wow! that is a hella big amount right there and you bought it in 2010 you surely did earn a lot of profit, I can't imagine. Anyway, I don't think it is a good idea to sell it in one go because there will be a lot of problems like I don't know if an exchange will allow you to pull off that huge amount of money. If they allow, I am pretty sure that it will take a lot of processes. You could exchange it for P2P but that would be risky. Perhaps the best option is to sell it in a fragmented way. Just take it slowly, it won't going anywhere as long as you secured it.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
hv_
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1055

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2021, 11:04:14 AM

Intersting.

Carpe diem  -  understand the White Paper and mine honest.
Fix real world issues: Check out b-vote.com
The simple way is the genius way - Satoshi's Rules: humana veris _
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: