Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 08:33:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS] ORIGINAL 2014 Cryptomat Silver Bitcoin Watch  (Read 462 times)
kingcarsen (OP)

Activity: 1148
Merit: 369

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2021, 01:19:50 AM
Last edit: January 16, 2021, 02:55:55 AM by kingcarsen

https://cryptomatic.io/collections/every-watch-made/products/the-cryptomat-silver

"Launched in 2014, The CRYPTOMAT was inspired by traditional coin watches and designed as a homage to the Bitcoin cryptocurrency.

Composed of a symmetrical 42-mm case with a unique patented structure. It features a fascinating multi-layered dial structure, beneath the sapphire crystal, with hour indexes engraved in binary digits and floating over a dial cut in the shape of the bitcoin symbol for a 3-dimensional effect. Diamond cut hands complete the design, with the seconds hand incorporating the Bitcoin symbol.

It's made of the highest quality Stainless Steel (316L), mainly used in the high tech & aerospace industries where maximum resistance to corrosion is essential. Extremely resistant and highly easy to polish, maintains its beauty even in the harshest of environments. Subtly finished, it combines three different polishing techniques: brush, satin, and gloss polishing.

Inside, The CRYPTOMAT is powered by a beautifully finished and precise mechanical self-winding Japan-made skeleton movement of 21 Jewels, featuring 21600 vibrations per hour and a 42-hour power reserve.

All models come with a matching 316L stainless steel strap with a butterfly clasp as well as an additional classical authentic leather strap."

I am selling mine #019 out of 200. I know of only very high profile well known figures in Bitcoin that have these watches, these were sold out very quickly. I am open to offers, the company in the tweet below stated one sold for ~3 BTC.

#19 is mint condition, I have only taken it out of the box to take pictures and it kept it in its original box with its original card and additional straps.

https://twitter.com/cryptomatic_io/status/1296344589868003331 - A reply to a Tweet of mine from the company (Cryptomatic) that produced these. You could only buy them with BTC.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Evilish

Activity: 882
Merit: 563

Bitcoin to the moon!

View Profile
January 16, 2021, 02:26:08 AM

Quoting the Tweet you mentioned:
The average CRYPTOMAT sold for around 3 bitcoins... of course the price of BTC was in the $200's back in those days

While these are rare, I don't think you would get anywhere near 3BTC for this watch at current BTC price.

I would offer something myself but I have no idea what a more realistic price for these will be. Maybe someone else can chime in?
kingcarsen (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2021, 02:44:24 AM

The average CRYPTOMAT sold for around 3 bitcoins... of course the price of BTC was in the $200's back in those days

While these are rare, I don't think you would get anywhere near 3BTC for this watch at current BTC price.

I would offer something myself but I have no idea what a more realistic price for these will be. Maybe someone else can chime in?

I mean it is rare, you cannot buy them with fiat, I have never even seen one sold for fiat, they list their prices in fiat $880 USD typically retail but only payable in BTC at least back in 2014. I did pay ~3 BTC for it and it is a low number. I know some high profile Bitcoin figures owned these and possibly still do.

I am certainly open to offers...Hopefully maybe minerjones will chime in with more information on if any were sold as well 3rd party?
kingcarsen (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2021, 07:44:49 PM
Last edit: January 17, 2021, 06:38:25 PM by kingcarsen

Back to the topic here:
Dream is willing to escrow this trade or willing to do it through any reputable member here.
owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 1968

View Profile
January 17, 2021, 05:23:07 AM

What is Dream?

Dream market on the dark web? Does it even exist? Cheesy

This scamming POS using other people's money to enrich his life needs to be outed for the crimes he's committed.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5196899.msg52921319#msg52921319

BTW Carsen, I've been waiting for your defamation lawsuit for a year now, ya fuckin scammin' basement dwelling piece of trash....

Grin

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
Evilish

Activity: 882
Merit: 563

Bitcoin to the moon!

View Profile
January 17, 2021, 03:42:43 PM

I mean it is rare, you cannot buy them with fiat, I have never even seen one sold for fiat, they list their prices in fiat $880 USD typically retail but only payable in BTC at least back in 2014. I did pay ~3 BTC for it and it is a low number. I know some high profile Bitcoin figures owned these and possibly still do.

I am certainly open to offers...Hopefully maybe minerjones will chime in with more information on if any were sold as well 3rd party?

Hmm true. I see they're selling the newer editions for around the same ~$880 price range. I can certainly see the watch going for more than the original ~$880. My advice would be to look at it in terms of USD and not BTC or you'll get nowhere near finding a buyer. 3 BTC in 2014 wasn't worth the same as it is in 2021. Otherwise my old note3/note4 would be worth over a 100 grand today and my Steam library hundreds of thousands Cheesy

Also, you'll be better off using an escrow on this forum and not someone off site

Good luck with the sale Smiley
kingcarsen (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2021, 05:49:54 PM
Last edit: January 18, 2021, 08:30:45 AM by kingcarsen

Haha, he runs "Dream's Escrow Service", he has a Discord server with escrow bots for a few years now, has done a lot of escrows in general for Bitcoin-OTC etc.

https://discord.gg/P2Pa6z4YeC

Hmm true. I see they're selling the newer editions for around the same ~$880 price range. I can certainly see the watch going for more than the original ~$880. My advice would be to look at it in terms of USD and not BTC or you'll get nowhere near finding a buyer. 3 BTC in 2014 wasn't worth the same as it is in 2021. Otherwise my old note3/note4 would be worth over a 100 grand today and my Steam library hundreds of thousands Cheesy

Also, you'll be better off using an escrow on this forum and not someone off site

Good luck with the sale Smiley

Well I mean I am not looking at it like someone would want it for exactly 3 BTC per say, though I would point out that you could only buy them with BTC, a Note3/Note4 you could buy with fiat heh. It is #019 out of only #200 made.

I did receive a few private offers, I am still open to offers though.

I would be willing to use minerjones or anyone else here that escrows. Dream just offers an automated escrow service on Discord, so thought I would mention it.

Thanks!

SatsLife

Activity: 794
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2021, 07:26:11 PM

Can you post a picture with your username and the watch please?

Also, buyers should only use escrow services from members of this forum. 

DreamBlob

Activity: 86
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 17, 2021, 08:44:17 PM

I am a member of this forum, but most people here don't like "new" people creating escrow services.

I spend more time on discord as my community is much more welcoming than this one. You can read about my experiences with bitcointalk members here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5154777.0

Crypto Marketplace & Escrow Service: https://discord.gg/MynAgXK
Telegram: @dreamescrow
SatsLife

Activity: 794
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2021, 11:23:27 PM

I am a member of this forum, but most people here don't like "new" people creating escrow services.

I spend more time on discord as my community is much more welcoming than this one. You can read about my experiences with bitcointalk members here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5154777.0

The bitcoin collectible community is very welcoming! We are constantly educating newbies, and I have personally gone out of my way to gift btc collectibles to new members that seem enthusiastic when discovering this niche in bitcoin. I know other members have also done the same.

It's nothing personal. I'm sure you are a great escrow provider, but I was not even aware of your services on this forum until today.   And yes, you are a member of this forum, but you do not participate in the collectibles section and have actually never posted here before today. So why would someone in collectibles escrow with you?

DreamBlob

Activity: 86
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 17, 2021, 11:39:25 PM

The bitcoin collectible community is very welcoming! We are constantly educating newbies, and I have personally gone out of my way to gift btc collectibles to new members that seem enthusiastic when discovering this niche in bitcoin. I know other members have also done the same.

It's nothing personal. I'm sure you are a great escrow provider, but I was not even aware of your services on this forum until today.   And yes, you are a member of this forum, but you do not participate in the collectibles section and have actually never posted here before today. So why would someone in collectibles escrow with you?

I actually don't expect anyone here to use me as an escrow. I just thought I'd leave a comment since Carsen mentioned my services here (I did not ask him to, I am just the first person that came to his mind since we both run our own discord servers)

If you were curious I mainly escrow mining equipment, I don't have much interest in the collectables market and my fees are now probably higher than the forum escrows I've seen on here.

Crypto Marketplace & Escrow Service: https://discord.gg/MynAgXK
Telegram: @dreamescrow
kingcarsen (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2021, 03:51:55 AM

Can you post a picture with your username and the watch please?

digitalnomad777

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 22, 2021, 06:59:15 PM

I am proud owner of the same watch ( Black version ). Perfect condition. I am friend of the owner so you can verify the ownership.
Open to offers.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: