Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 06:05:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [AUCTION] one 2011 fully loaded casascius "error" bitcoin  (Read 997 times)
mcmasterp (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 20, 2021, 11:00:41 PM
Last edit: January 30, 2021, 04:10:44 PM by mcmasterp

Bare with me as I am new here.

I bought a physical bitcoin back in 2011 or 2012 when bitcoin looked "dead" and I wanted a piece of history. Boy I wish I had just purchased digital bitcoins then I'd be rich lol but as it happens the coin I bought was from casascuis 1st run the ones with the misspelled name in the hologram. it has code printed on it not the window like later versions. This is a real deal, no bs scammer bs and I expect bidders to be the same.

This coin has all the forks on it so as I understand it you get also get a bitcoin cash and all the lesser ones

Starting bid is 1.15btc. Buy it now is 1.25 bitcoin. auction is is over when a day has gone by after last acceptable bid or at my discretion to shorten or extend.

Evilish

Activity: 882
Merit: 563

Bitcoin to the moon!

View Profile
January 20, 2021, 11:29:07 PM

Hey there, welcome to the forum. At least you kept the Casascius and now it's worth exponentially more than your original investment. Tongue

Can you please post a picture of the front/back of the coin with today's date and your forum username?

Perhaps also update your original post with more details like auction end date/time. You can look at the auction guidelines and tips here: Auctions - Guidelines and Tips!

Good luck with the auction!
cptdome1

Activity: 386
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 22, 2021, 01:01:06 AM

Good luck, starting bid too high for me to be interested
owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1968

View Profile
January 22, 2021, 01:45:44 AM

Yeah it's just unrealistic in the current market times, unfortunately. Some coins going for under peel lately... Tongue

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
mcmasterp (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
January 23, 2021, 10:02:50 PM

Yeah it's just unrealistic in the current market times, unfortunately. Some coins going for under peel lately... Tongue

wait why would someone sell a collectible version of a coin worth 1 bitcoin for less than 1 bitcoin? They would essentially be paying someone to take the coin? If you peel it and redeem it digitally you get the whole thing. Is there something I'm missing?
owlcatz
Legendary

View Profile
January 23, 2021, 11:07:35 PM

wait why would someone sell a collectible version of a coin worth 1 bitcoin for less than 1 bitcoin? They would essentially be paying someone to take the coin? If you peel it and redeem it digitally you get the whole thing. Is there something I'm missing?

Stupidity and/or greed maybe? Roll Eyes

Premiums have decreased with the increase in the price of BTC, & selling in a bullrun doesn't command the premium they once did. Tongue

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
tothemoonsands

Activity: 1033
Merit: 658

friendsofsatoshi.com

View Profile
January 23, 2021, 11:26:39 PM
Merited by DireWolfM14 (1)

"Under peel" typically does not refer to selling 1 BTC physical under 1 BTC. As you said, that doesn't make sense. But what happens is sometimes when you consider all of BTC forks on the coin, the premium will be less than that. So it's really:
1 BTC + Premium < Premium + 1 BTC + 1 BCH, etc. This is because the forks on the coin are often not truly considered or desired by those collecting physical Bitcoins. In a low premium environment, this means "under peel" is a possibility.

Gatorelf

Activity: 845
Merit: 267

View Profile
January 24, 2021, 01:22:36 AM

I noticed that too, there is a volatility index to consider as BTC is bouncing around from 30k to 40k and back. Pretty significant percentage swings.
mcmasterp (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
January 24, 2021, 01:59:20 PM

"Under peel" typically does not refer to selling 1 BTC physical under 1 BTC. As you said, that doesn't make sense. But what happens is sometimes when you consider all of BTC forks on the coin, the premium will be less than that. So it's really:
1 BTC + Premium < Premium + 1 BTC + 1 BCH, etc. This is because the forks on the coin are often not truly considered or desired by those collecting physical Bitcoins. In a low premium environment, this means "under peel" is a possibility.

Thank you for the explanation but I'm actually a bit confused.  Ate you saying my 1 bitcoin is worth more than 1 btc because forks happened after? That sounds too good to be true lol.
andulolika
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1047

View Profile
January 24, 2021, 03:18:23 PM
Last edit: January 24, 2021, 03:44:17 PM by andulolika

I'm confused as hell.

I think forks should be ignored
1 btc funded = 1 btc plus coin value plus a prime because it hasn't been peeled.
If you had just the coin it'd be less than the coin funded excluding the 1 btc because it has it's original old untouched btc verifiable in the site and you could safely deposit more.

You could count the forks if you wish.

But i don't think youll be getting more than 1.2 even 1.15 seems a bit up but i might be wrong, if what you want is more btc wait for cheaper prices, or hope! lol.

🔥 🔥 🔥  Satochip - Secure the future  🔥 🔥 🔥
⭐️ Hardware wallet on a smartcard | Affordable and easy to use | Open source and community driven | BTC, LTC, BCH (SLP tokens), ETH (ERC-20 tokens)... ⭐️
──WebsiteShop  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Telegram  |  Github──
owlcatz
Legendary

View Profile
January 24, 2021, 09:59:14 PM

Thank you for the explanation but I'm actually a bit confused.  Ate you saying my 1 bitcoin is worth more than 1 btc because forks happened after? That sounds too good to be true lol.

See your address here? https://www.blockchain.com/search?search=1AEjKrYnKfgqHsHZEzt7zN5AxUhwv8iML9

See how there are 2 blockchains? You can see you have 1 Bitcoin Cash (BCH) on your coin as well. Which right now is  ~ $430 extra on top of the 1 BTC.

So, that's how I determine "peel value". I know there are a couple of other shit-fork coins on there as well, but I can't recall the names atm. Tongue

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
mcmasterp (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
January 24, 2021, 10:27:50 PM

See your address here? https://www.blockchain.com/search?search=1AEjKrYnKfgqHsHZEzt7zN5AxUhwv8iML9

See how there are 2 blockchains? You can see you have 1 Bitcoin Cash (BCH) on your coin as well. Which right now is  ~ $430 extra on top of the 1 BTC.

So, that's how I determine "peel value". I know there are a couple of other shit-fork coins on there as well, but I can't recall the names atm. Tongue

neat thank you. I'll take an extra $430 any day!
nubbins
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 24, 2021, 10:49:26 PM

Thank you for the explanation but I'm actually a bit confused.  Ate you saying my 1 bitcoin is worth more than 1 btc because forks happened after? That sounds too good to be true lol.

I think “Bitcoin sv” and “Bitcoin gold” might be the only other ones worth taking the time to redeem.

No longer buying/selling Casascius coins. Beware scammers.
My OTC Web of Trust ratings / What's a PGP chain of custody?
Gatorelf

Activity: 845
Merit: 267

View Profile
January 25, 2021, 05:22:31 PM

shit fork  hilarious  Cheesy 

I wonder how many people ( percentage) sell their BTC on spikes like when it hits $40k then buying it back when it dipped to $30k or so. Also known as position trading.
When a loaded coin is in transition from one owner to the next it leaves you open for the swing. However Im sure there are still a lot of people that have BTC they bought five years ago and just waiting for retirement  Wink   
crypto333

Activity: 52
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 26, 2021, 02:47:31 AM
Last edit: January 26, 2021, 03:10:18 AM by crypto333

question:

so you are saying casascius is misspelled? i was a little confused on what the error is exactly

how's the condition of the coin? (hard to see through the plastic to see). any scratches?
it doesn't seem to be graded right?

thanks !!
mcmasterp (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
January 26, 2021, 05:30:06 PM

question:

so you are saying casascius is misspelled? i was a little confused on what the error is exactly

how's the condition of the coin? (hard to see through the plastic to see). any scratches?
it doesn't seem to be graded right?

thanks !!

On the back in the hologram it is misspelled as casacius missing an s you can Google casascius error coin for details. It is not a graded coin and it spent years just in a drawer so I'm sure it's not prime new looking but it also hasn't been subjected to a ton of movement or contact with object so no major scratches or dents etc
crypto333

View Profile
January 26, 2021, 09:21:52 PM

oh i think i see it! the hologram picture part came out blurry
so in the hologram casacius is spelled over and over in the hologram background right?

im new to bitcointalk.org and have been trying to get a cas coin. are you open to using an escrow service or an escrow person that is recommended on here. i heard minerjones is the guy for that

let me know

thanks
mcmasterp (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
January 26, 2021, 09:38:41 PM

so in the hologram casacius is spelled over and over in the hologram background right?

im new to bitcointalk.org and have been trying to get a cas coin. are you open to using an escrow service or an escrow person that is recommended on here. i heard minerjones is the guy for that

let me know

thanks

you got it the over and over ones.

I am certainly open to escrow if we can't do it in person. As long as the escrow is safe I see no problem. I'm not familiar with minerjones or anyone else but there must be a secure way to do these things
krogoth

Activity: 1220
Merit: 138

Krogothmanhattan alt account

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2021, 02:09:07 PM

let me know

thanks

here ya go

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>CIPHER BILLS-CIPHER BONDS-CIPHER STAMPS * www.CYPHERHODL.com * COLD STORAGE BITCOIN CERTIFICATES <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
crypto333

View Profile
January 28, 2021, 03:53:12 AM

thanks! appreciate that
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: