Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 10:58:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Apple devices at risk of remote access  (Read 96 times)
Daltonik (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1490

View Profile
January 28, 2021, 01:58:11 PM
Merited by Porfirii (1)

Apple devices have discovered a vulnerability that allows them to be accessed remotely. It potentially threatens users of cryptocurrency wallets.
Apple has already released updates for iOS 14.4 and iPadOS 14.4.  They are available for models starting with the iPhone 6s, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 4, and 7th generation iPod touch.

Coinbase chief engineer Pete Kim has urged Apple users to urgently update their operating system to protect their cryptocurrency wallets.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Porfirii
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 2044

The Alliance Of Bitcointalk Translators - ENG>SPA

View Profile
January 29, 2021, 11:51:20 AM
Last edit: January 29, 2021, 04:29:26 PM by Porfirii

It seems that hackers are escalating their efforts quickly. Not only false apps from scammers, and the keylogger I have just read in another thread for blockchain.com wallet, but I hope this vulnerability has little impact on iOS users now; it is not good news for crypto every time these events happen.

Thanks for the warning to you too Daltonik, I'll update my devices asap.

Edit: just updated to 14.4. Thanks again!!
jrrsparkles

Activity: 2380
Merit: 253

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
January 29, 2021, 02:33:13 PM

Anyone who thinks that they are completely safe when they are using apple products need to read this.

Apple devices are also at the risk of getting hacked/vulnerable to exploit the bugs like these so consider buying an hardware wallet for your long term storage.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: