Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:45:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Dogecoin wallets disabled on Poloniex (3 days now)  (Read 113 times)
mcsean2163 (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 4

View Profile
January 31, 2021, 08:03:34 PM
Merited by LoyceV (4)

The dogecoin wallets were disabled Friday, it's now late Sunday.

My guess is that they ran out of dogecoin, they didn't have the right amount in cold storage.

It's now 107 sat (poloniex) versus 122 (binance).  Poloniex are just making their own prices and presumably they sell on the dogecoin and profit when anyone exits a trade.  At one stage it was about 30% in the difference.

Does anyone have any insight?  Should I just sell doge to BTC on poloniex and move the BTC to binance and accept the loss or hold out for poloniex to re-enable the wallets?

It'd be funny if I didn't have 50k dogecoin on poloniex.

S

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
blockedCantBelieve

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2021, 09:05:38 PM

Yes it is blocked  Sad

Their Twitter account acknowledged it since 4:05 PM UTC   Jan 29 . The price can't match other exchanges since Friday.

They're saying their team working on it, but I can't believe this kind of issue takes 3 days to resolve.

I suspect they worry customers like us leaving the exchange because we don't want sell our doge on discount on the exchange.

Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
January 31, 2021, 09:11:24 PM

Dogecoin wallets disabled on Poloniex (3 days now)

Dogecoin is just a simple Bitcoin clone. Poloniex infrastructure should be well prepared for it. So it is suspicious. There would be no reason to have wallet offline for even a day.
mcsean2163 (OP)

View Profile
January 31, 2021, 09:15:32 PM

Yes it is blocked  Sad

Their Twitter account acknowledged it since 4:05 PM UTC   Jan 29 . The price can't match other exchanges since Friday.

I suspect they worry customers like us leaving the exchange because we don't want sell our doge on discount on the exchange.

Trollollool I presume!  Thanks for coming here.  I've written several tickets to poloniex but they no longer respond except to say I already have a ticket open.

Put it this way, it's very unlikely that anyone will use poloniex again after this.  The price is low because the wallets are disabled, otherwise everyone would be buying up the poloniex at these prices.  Right now I'm afraid they'll go bust and I'll lose everything.  I lost 500,000 dogecoin before with cryptsy, they just stole it.

Right now, anyone selling, poloniex can just sell directly on another exchange and profit.  e.g. I sell for 100 satoshi, poloniex takes my satoshi and sells it on binance and make a 20 satoshi profit.

My guess is that there are short of dogecoin due to the leverage and are hovering on bankruptcy.

Might be better to take a loss, than to lose it all.

I don't know Huh Huh Huh Huh  They should be in jail.
mcsean2163 (OP)

View Profile
January 31, 2021, 09:19:14 PM

Dogecoin wallets disabled on Poloniex (3 days now)

Dogecoin is just a simple Bitcoin clone. Poloniex infrastructure should be well prepared for it. So it is suspicious. There would be no reason to have wallet offline for even a day.

It's a scrypt clone but yeah, agree 100%  The fact they are still trading and the gap has lowered from 30% means they may be able to trade out of the problem.  It's a risk to hold but it's a bitch to sell at such a huge discount...
Lanatsa

Activity: 2814
Merit: 648

View Profile
January 31, 2021, 09:30:03 PM
Merited by mcsean2163 (1)

This isn't something new when it comes  to  events like  these where wallets had been blocked/disabled for some  reason.

The team telling that they are aware  and fixing off things? that isn't something believable.It wont really be taking  3 days for that issue to be fixed up.

They are really just obviously showing off something fishy.For op then I wont  really be stopping you if you do sell it all for loss rather than on
losing it all.I do agree with that mindset.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Agiravax

Activity: 9

View Profile
January 31, 2021, 09:32:42 PM

Poloniex is to crypto what Robinhood is to stocks  Grin
mcsean2163 (OP)

View Profile
January 31, 2021, 09:35:49 PM

Little point talking to the trollbox.  I filed a report with the SEC, link is here if anyone want to try too:

https://www.sec.gov/tcr#:~:text=We%20strongly%20encourage%20the%20public,.sec.gov%2Ftcr.
andulolika
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1047

View Profile
January 31, 2021, 09:37:32 PM
Merited by mcsean2163 (1)

lol, they probably played with the coins held and didn't take doge serious.

It is sad.

🔥 🔥 🔥  Satochip - Secure the future  🔥 🔥 🔥
⭐️ Hardware wallet on a smartcard | Affordable and easy to use | Open source and community driven | BTC, LTC, BCH (SLP tokens), ETH (ERC-20 tokens)... ⭐️
──WebsiteShop  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Telegram  |  Github──
blockedCantBelieve

View Profile
January 31, 2021, 09:38:02 PM

Put it this way, it's very unlikely that anyone will use poloniex again after this.  The price is low because the wallets are disabled, otherwise everyone would be buying up the poloniex at these prices.  Right now I'm afraid they'll go bust and I'll lose everything.  I lost 500,000 dogecoin before with cryptsy, they just stole it.

Right now, anyone selling, poloniex can just sell directly on another exchange and profit.  e.g. I sell for 100 satoshi, poloniex takes my satoshi and sells it on binance and make a 20 satoshi profit.

My guess is that there are short of dogecoin due to the leverage and are hovering on bankruptcy.

Dang, sorry about that.

I'm moving out all my coins from poloniex now. That is just too much, worst than the RH story with GME .

Still hesitating if I should take the cut.  Huh Huh
mcsean2163 (OP)

View Profile
January 31, 2021, 09:56:13 PM

Dang, sorry about that.

I'm moving out all my coins from poloniex now. That is just too much, worst than the RH story with GME .

Still hesitating if I should take the cut.  Huh Huh

Me too.  It's a big cut.
mcsean2163 (OP)

View Profile
January 31, 2021, 10:09:28 PM

I was going to do a test BTC withdrawal -->

withdrawal fee = 0.00050000 BTC  ($16) is that right?  Seems a lot?
blockedCantBelieve

View Profile
January 31, 2021, 10:22:05 PM

I was going to do a test BTC withdrawal -->

withdrawal fee = 0.00050000 BTC  ($16) is that right?  Seems a lot?

That's normal btc withdrawal fee for most exchanges. Even binance is charging 50k sats. Why not convert your btc first to LTC or EOS, they have relatively low transfer fees? If you are transferring your coins from one exchange to another use other alts. It is really not advisable to use btc, better convert it to other alts with cheap transaction fees. Now, this situation is giving more reason for Polo users not to trust this exchange.

Do your math first.

Poloniex is charging 0.125% when trading. if trading to XLM/LTC/EOS and back to BTC cost more than $16 you're better off paying the $16 fee.
stadus
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1292

Hhampuz for Campaign management

View Profile
January 31, 2021, 10:23:53 PM

That must be suspicious and a big slam on their reputation, poloniex was biggest exchange in the past but at least they should keep their good reputation. What are their explanation on why the withdrawals are disabled? Actually this is illegal without a valid reason and I believe they can be reported as they are regulated just like other exchanges.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
mcsean2163 (OP)

View Profile
January 31, 2021, 10:34:56 PM
Last edit: January 31, 2021, 11:02:43 PM by mcsean2163

That must be suspicious and a big slam on their reputation, poloniex was biggest exchange in the past but at least they should keep their good reputation. What are their explanation on why the withdrawals are disabled? Actually this is illegal without a valid reason and I believe they can be reported as they are regulated just like other exchanges.

I got an email from a guy who it says is Irish on Friday.  

Poloniex does not decide the price for any given asset. The price is related to what price the buyers and sellers using our platform are willing to pay or sell for.

Additionally, the DOGE wallet isn't working properly so we temporarily disabled it.

We are working to have the wallet re-enabled as soon as possible, but we don't have an estimate on the timeline at the moment. We will notify you here once the wallet is re-enabled.

Their parent company has an office in Ireland as well as one in Maryland, US.

https://www.solocheck.ie/Irish-Company/Circle-Internet-Financial-Limited-531058
https://www.bloomberg.com/profile/company/1700828D:US

Their US office is a PO Box, no address on their website.  I used to think it was a legit company but it looks so sketch.

I'm thinking of giving them until tomorrow to see if things are corrected after the weekend.....

bitcon
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
February 04, 2021, 06:58:36 PM

All these problems are associated with the attempts of users to withdraw hundreds of millions of Dogecoins. Due to the huge load on the platform, maintenance was forced to shut down the input and output on Poloniex and Huobi. I think now the excitement will subside and everything will return to its place.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: