Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 06:59:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Kucoin XRP Deposit <they ask for extra 10 USDT>  (Read 75 times)
hugeblack (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 3781

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2021, 03:13:59 PM
Last edit: February 05, 2021, 04:08:31 PM by hugeblack

Hello, it is the first time that I use this platform, I tried sending some Ripple, but I did not notice that you should add tag. I contacted the support team and they asked me to send an additional 10 USDT.
Has this happened to you? Do I need to verify identity?

Edit1: I used Binance to send XRP. I can do screen shots.

Edit2:

What is this complex process? Why don't they deduct the amount from the amount I deposited? Or at least they tell me that I lost it forever.
I will send 10 USDT they will return me the coin  Huh Huh

Edit3: @duh_stupid report about the same problem and did not pay USDT.  Huh Huh Does this mean that some employees are scammers? I have confirmed that the email address is real.

Source --> https://www.reddit.com/r/kucoin/comments/i2w75a/trying_to_deposit_xrp/gep81gb/

Of note, I never paid any fee in USDT and I almost think that was a scam of the initial employee I talked to. No one else even mentioned it. The lesson here is don't give up. You might eventually get to someone who knows what they're doing.
Bitcoin_Arena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1809

฿itcoin for all, All for ฿itcoin.

View Profile
February 05, 2021, 10:50:43 PM
Merited by hugeblack (2)

What is this complex process? Why don't they deduct the amount from the amount I deposited? Or at least they tell me that I lost it forever.
I will send 10 USDT they will return me the coin  Huh Huh

I don't know about the recovery process and how complex it is but a number of exchanges ask for "a processing fee" to have your assets recovered. Apparently the process of recovering the wrongly sent asset from their wallets is risky, hence the fee.

Some exchanges don't even bother telling you if there's a possibility of recovering your assets. They just tell you it's impossible. I have seen at least half- dozen such stories. Consider yourself fortunate that Kucoin said they can do it for a fee. Try pestering them without paying the fee. If they insist, then I guess you will have no choice but pay or give up on the assets.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
condoras
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1103

This is what I do. I drink and I know things.

View Profile
February 06, 2021, 09:28:00 AM
Merited by hugeblack (2)

This is indeed very strange. As far as I know, no one from any exchange and their support team asks for a commission in order to get funds back. In fact, they all told specifically that they will never ask for personal info or any kind of payment.
Perhaps this is a "special" case but I will suggest trying to contact Kucoin through other channels of communication (since I guess the same e-mail works for all support agents) and tell them about this incident. Maybe this agent is trying to get some "extra" coins for his behalf and not for the exchange itself.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
hugeblack (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 3781

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2021, 10:39:11 AM
Merited by Bitcoin_Arena (1)

I don't know about the recovery process and how complex it is but a number of exchanges ask for "a processing fee" to have your assets recovered. Apparently the process of recovering the wrongly sent asset from their wallets is risky, hence the fee.
The complication that I mentioned is that after you paid the money, they would return it to the platform you were sent to? Why not update your account balance as long as they are sure that the money belongs to you?
it is easy to update your account or access the private key and refund you?

And the option of sending the $ 10, why not have one address for all refunds that you can get in general instead of sending it in private? With all the scams, asking for an amount from users seems strange.

Perhaps this is a "special" case but I will suggest trying to contact Kucoin through other channels of communication (since I guess the same e-mail works for all support agents) and tell them about this incident. Maybe this agent is trying to get some "extra" coins for his behalf and not for the exchange itself.
Does any of you know if they have Bitcointalk account? I sent to@KuCoin Exchange but I don't know if it's an official account and I will try to create a topic on Reddit.
condoras
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1103

This is what I do. I drink and I know things.

View Profile
February 06, 2021, 12:28:50 PM

Does any of you know if they have Bitcointalk account? I sent to@KuCoin Exchange but I don't know if it's an official account and I will try to create a topic on Reddit.

On their home page (scroll at the end of it), you can see where they have a communication channel. Choose one (or all if you like) and tell your case. Good luck man and let us know how it goes. Wink

P.S: Here is a pic, in case you miss it.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Bitcoin_Arena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1809

฿itcoin for all, All for ฿itcoin.

View Profile
February 06, 2021, 04:25:58 PM

The complication that I mentioned is that after you paid the money, they would return it to the platform you were sent to? Why not update your account balance as long as they are sure that the money belongs to you?
it is easy to update your account or access the private key and refund you?
The destination tags help them to know which account the deposit was made to. XRP unlike Bitcoin or Ethereum can use one address for thousands of accounts. What helps differentiate who sent how much is the destination tag.

1.  Accountability and Records: So If they just keep crediting accounts without tags and keep that untagged xrp in there, it may create problems for them in the long run when it comes to records and auditing. Just like you could have forgotten to use a tag, just know there are other people who may have done the same mistake in the past and more will do it in the future.

Now think about a scenario of a hack, like one that happened recently to them where someone got hold of private keys and started making transfers out of the hot wallets. How will they be able to make accountability for the accounts they credited minus the destination tag transactions.

2.  Security: You can never be so sure when it comes to all this online stuff and cryptocurrencies. The XRP ledger if public and one can easily see transactions that have destination tags and those that don't. Imagine I am a thief and I hatch an evil plan of sniffing around the exchange XRP addresses and look out for transactions with no DT. As soon as I see one, I contact support and tell them I made  a mistake and sent a transaction with no DT and within the 24 hours, they credit my account and I cash it out, meanwhile the real person who made the transaction contacts support after 2 days claiming the same thing. Someone innocent ends up losing money that way.

So to avoid all this, the best way is resending the funds back to the address of origin. They get to keep the ledger balanced or records intact while being very sure that they sent back the XRP to the genuine owner.

And the option of sending the $ 10, why not have one address for all refunds that you can get in general instead of sending it in private? With all the scams, asking for an amount from users seems strange.
I never experienced this but it surely looks fishy. Maybe try contacting them through different avenues and see if the response is consistent.

It's their marketing representative here, He will just tell u to write to support.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
XZERO1

Activity: 504
Merit: 33

View Profile
February 07, 2021, 11:47:43 AM

I'd certainly contact them in other ways before sending anything, you already sent an email, so maybe get their telegram address from their website and PM their admin and ask whether it's normal?

I've only seen fake customer supports(scammers) try and ask for fees in return for doing various tasks for the customers, that's the first time I'm hearing about an actual customer support asking for money to solve issues even if it is that customer's fault.

I know it could take them some time to find your funds since it's without a tag but even then you still should put all your efforts into keeping your customers happy, that's certainly a new low for crypto exchanges and I really hope it's not contagious, I know for a fact that Kucoin is understaffed which could be the reason behind this but still not acceptable.

Also found this other post on their official reddit page that was posted a few days ago and there's no official response yet except that generic automoderator response: https://www.reddit.com/r/kucoin/comments/lbq093/asking_10_usdt_from_costumer_is_normal/

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: