Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:25:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How much money is enough money?  (Read 2859 times)
gullobhai

Activity: 336
Merit: 3

View Profile
August 27, 2022, 12:53:54 PM

It's totally depand on ours current everyday life, if our life going well with basic need without any financially problem one of the lucky we are...don't greedy if we have for building need that's enough!!!!
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Awwal08

Activity: 798
Merit: 13

View Profile
August 27, 2022, 10:48:34 PM

In my opinion, no amount of money is sufficient since humans are naturally drawn to wealth, and when we do, we are constantly looking ahead to catch up with and pass those who are ahead of us.
When a person starts to consider the plight of poor families, that's when they'll decide that they have enough money.
Majestic-milf

Activity: 798
Merit: 589

View Profile
October 17, 2022, 07:39:26 AM

It's in the human nature to keep wanting and economics has said clearly that human wants and needs are insatiable. You'd be surprised to note that billionaires who have enough to last generations still struggle for that money.

The more money one makes is motivation to make more and as such, people go the extra mile to get it. But what actually amazes me is that, you spend your time, put your health on the line to make it, and when you do, sickness makes you spend it.
YinShuiSiYuan

Activity: 1680
Merit: 505

View Profile
November 09, 2022, 05:00:17 AM

Logically the money that fulfill all your needs and basic requirements should be enough for you but humans wishes are unstoppable and uncontrollable , they always want more  so no amount of money is enough for them ,they always want more and more money . This greediness in human nature is present in them since forever they can never be satisfied.

Once they get something they want more and so on.
Sanni_w

Activity: 48
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 16, 2022, 04:07:36 PM

It depends on the individual and his/her desires and the environment.
What is enough for an African guy might not be enough for an American guy. For me, 1Trillion is enough
PrivacyG

Activity: 784
Merit: 1731

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
November 16, 2022, 07:39:29 PM

I think the biggest trick of it all is that your perspective and goals change over the years, making your current goal most likely a dream of the past before you even reach it.

It all depends on what 'enough' means for you.  Enough for you?  Enough for your household?  Enough for your entire family or for generations to come?  The more you 'level up', the longer you will want to reach.  When there is enough for you, you will think you are just half way through having enough for your household.  Then you maybe want to help out your family as well.  Maybe some of them are in debt and you would love to help them out.  So you need to make more, otherwise by helping them out YOU will have less.  We all have different needs and dreams and they change most of the time.

Then I can only think of how many people mess up after getting rich.  Many of them end up purchasing luxury villas and Lamborghini's, after which they realize they do not have that much more money left.  Imagine you had $2 million.  Sounds like a LOT, right?  But after you pay taxes, purchase the property of your dreams, cover every single thing you could possibly want right now, how much is left?  Would you be happy knowing you only have that much money out of what you used to have?  Greed is a b*.  And it is often hard to ignore it and resist it.

If you are thinking only about yourself or your own family and do not care about anything other than yourself living the life of your dreams, then that is where you will consider it is 'enough'.  Although I still think it gets harder and harder to stop the more money you make.

-
Regards,
PrivacyG
philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 4116
Merit: 7856

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2022, 09:36:24 PM
Merited by PrivacyG (10), AverageGlabella (6)

I would want next to no money at all and be 20 years old Rather then be worth 1 or 2 million and be 65 years old.
AverageGlabella
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1080

View Profile
November 20, 2022, 02:23:15 PM

Enough that you can pay off the mortgage and never be in debt again. This world relies on loans and buy now pay later when we can escape that we feel free but that is the way it should be. I would say to protect against inflation to would be classified as "enough" that depends on how old you are though I do not need to much for the rest of my life.

I would want next to no money at all and be 20 years old Rather then be worth 1 or 2 million and be 65 years old.
agreed but most youngsters will say the opposite which is sad if you think about it.
philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 4116
Merit: 7856

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2022, 04:05:31 PM

Time is so freaking valuable you can not price it at all.
PrivacyG

Activity: 784
Merit: 1731

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
November 20, 2022, 10:10:01 PM
Last edit: November 20, 2022, 10:20:25 PM by PrivacyG
Merited by philipma1957 (2)

agreed but most youngsters will say the opposite which is sad if you think about it.
Because most of them are not mature enough to understand what responsibility and life really is.  It is easy to give an opinion about adulthood when you have never been to a 9 to 5 job, have never had a kid, to pay taxes, rent, electricity, go through inflation with the same monthly income you had before the inflation came.  And so on.  And so forth.

You only start valuing time more and more as years go to waste.  A typical youngster has about everything they need.  Friends, parents, grandparents, siblings in general, money they do not have to work hard for, a bed, a roof above their head.  When you start losing any of the above you start realizing how much that one thing meant to you back when it existed.

It is sad, but I do get why they want to be adults.  It seems easy when you are not the one living the adult life.

And I can only agree with philipma1957.  Time has no price and I think there are so many people who would give absolutely anything to add more time to their life or live their young years again.  Anything.  You can have billions and trillions.  You can visit the Space and go to Mars, but you can not add time to your life nor can you go back in time.

Take a parent for example.  A parent who has lost their beloved child.  They could win the lottery and become billionaires overnight.  They can they buy anything.  Companies, yachts, the best dog breed in the world, the best champagne and food that exists on planet Earth.  But this one hole in their heart, they can not buy.  To them, no wealth is ever going to be enough to fill up that damned hole.  It is sad and scary, but it is real.

This is why I said in my last post that goals change with time.  As a youngster you most likely have a stupid dream.  Owning a Supercar, a house in Hollywood or whatever.  But decades down the road you may end up realizing that is not enough either.  You have a Supercar but you feel alone.  Or you have everything a Rich person would have and then lose someone close and beloved.  Your entire perspective will change.  After all, each and every one of us fights to fill patches of our life, heart and soul.  If you ever get to fill them all, you are maybe going to finally think it is enough for you to retire.  But I unfortunately do not think there is anyone out there who feels like all their wounds and empty spots have been filled up, because this is life and this is how things are.

-
Regards,
PrivacyG
Newlifebtc

Activity: 686
Merit: 21

View Profile
November 21, 2022, 09:39:14 PM

The chase for money especially in this dispensation is never ending. People are willing to go all out and do anything (legal and illegal) for money these days. The real question that i am forced to ask is, how much money is enough money?

At what point will one say that he or she has had enough money?
For my own understanding money is an endless something that we have and it is satisfy you so no more that was not think or more increment or more increase I'm getting money because money is unsatisfiable from the theory of money and the theory of needs
hymperion

Activity: 560
Merit: 456

View Profile
November 22, 2022, 09:22:34 AM

We live in an era where consumerism is the basis of everything. So the problem is not how much money to have because it takes very little to spend it,It all depends on what one wants to do.

I believe that an acceptable standard of living without hardships and too many harmful vices can be achieved with an annual salary of around 150k€ living in europe.

I believe that life shouldn't be just a "I have to work or I won't eat" it's very much an end in itself as a thing and I don't like it at all, as you said previously time is the only precious resource, so working 10h a day for little more than 1000€ means living a condemned existence of being a slave of the society that imposes something on you. Freedom is acquired when the price of something interests you relatively because your purchasing power is high, so you don't care that petrol costs 10 cents more this month, you don't spend the day thinking that perhaps it would have been better save those €100 by not taking your girlfriend or wife to a restaurant.

Do you work to live or do you live to work?

the gap between rich and poor is increasing more and more also because people we see at the top of forbes lists as well as having dozens of companies that produce for them and who therefore bring in an avalanche of money very often don't even have much time to spend it, they are really a lot, that's why you often see news that they buy yachts and villas worth 500 million, it's the only way they can spend the money quickly. Or they buy artwork at random for several million. But in the end they are things as beautiful as they are useless. If I had to have a fortune to spend, I believe that in a lifetime about 100 million should be enough to be able to get rid of 99% of all the whims that may cross your mind.

it's difficult to start from 0, what do you do in a difficult situation like the European one? In Italy, especially, doing anything has become impossible, taxes and bureaucracy destroy young people who want to do something.
I am very particular and I don't like being given orders, so I find it difficult to be an employee and certainly there are many others like me who, even with a desire, have had to bend over to being employees by force of circumstances.

sorry the english the translator is not that good
Wolfblood200$

Activity: 86
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 15, 2023, 03:58:14 PM

Every new level has got a new devil
And more money comes more problems

There is no money that is ever enough

It is said that the day you stop working is the day you start dying  ,

The best one can do is to train his or her self to be contented with what life offers and make judicious use of it to achieve simple goals,

But so far as you've got an ambition to go further in life, no money is will ever be enough  because the real difficulty is not getting to the top but rather the real difficulty is staying on top. Thanks 
Ebede

Activity: 868
Merit: 38

Join hands and help me to grow everybody...

View Profile
January 16, 2023, 11:25:11 PM

The chase for money especially in this dispensation is never ending. People are willing to go all out and do anything (legal and illegal) for money these days. The real question that i am forced to ask is, how much money is enough money?

At what point will one say that he or she has had enough money?
If I should tell you it total number of people who is zero and looking for money you will be very surprised so money is still under everybody is looking for way to have money so that it will survive without any business attachment or depending on anyone
HajiBagi

Activity: 518
Merit: 302

View Profile
January 25, 2023, 09:34:22 PM

Money can never be enough for any human in this life, money is like a spirit that is attached to human nature; if money has a limit whereby someone will say, "Okay, I'm satisfied today, I have enough money,"then those multibillionaire leaders of our country will never be selfish towards the poor and still be greedy of some minor things. Therefore, in my opinion, no one can be satisfied that they have enough money until they are dead.
Car22

Activity: 111
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 13, 2023, 05:36:44 AM

For to spend life at least money is needed. But the question arise how much . It depends upon how are the possible resources to earn money. A truthful human being need basic needs and live a happy life . As compared a greedy person earn millions but he is not living a happy life. So in my opinion a 10 million USD is enough to spend a whole life.
Wolfblood200$

Activity: 86
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 16, 2023, 02:51:35 PM

No amount of money is ever enough for anyone..As long as you can pay your bills and live comfortable in life I think you are good to go..
xCryptoManiaX

Activity: 361
Merit: 137

View Profile
March 17, 2023, 11:12:09 AM

Enough to be able to live without working for somebody else. Of course this varies by country. In mine for $200k you can buy a nice apartment. Don't stop investing and farm DeFi and you're good with like 300-400k. Of course DeFi farming is not passive income, you have to monitor a lot of stuff and be ready to transfer funds at all times.
MIner1448

Activity: 938
Merit: 13

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
March 19, 2023, 10:18:52 AM

The question of how much money is enough depends on the individual values, beliefs and life circumstances of each person. For some people, a small amount of money is enough to feel satisfied and happy, while for other people, no amount of money can be enough.
In addition, the concept of "enough money" can change depending on life stages and goals. For example, a person may set a goal to earn a certain amount of money to achieve a certain goal, such as buying a house or paying for children's education, and upon reaching this goal, consider that he has enough money.
pingu39

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 21, 2023, 10:09:48 PM

Enough money is when you can buy everything you want, do everything you want, travel where you want.to always have an inexhaustible source, without the burden of creation, money simply arrives and flows..live in a completely different dimension from reality.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: