Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 11:10:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin at $50k: Looking back at the price perspective  (Read 541 times)
Jating

Activity: 2926
Merit: 808

View Profile
March 24, 2021, 02:16:40 AM

This is lie changing. Emerging someone just invested 1USD back then and manage to hold it up to this time, that will be a financial turn-around. Digital currency is the future as it will alleviate poverty in many nations.

Just to be clear though, bitcoin was initially never thought to alleviate poverty or tip the balance of wealth inequality, it as design to be used for micro-payment scheme. It just evolved overtime and no one really thought about it being now as a store of value.

So I don't think that those who invested early, or bought at $1.00 hold it for so long. Maybe when they saw it was was giving them 5x-10x in the beginning, they have sold it already.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
sherryDEFI

Activity: 66
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 24, 2021, 07:29:49 AM

Looking back on the development history of Bitcoin, no one thought that the cheap Bitcoin would rise to $600k today. At that time, only a few people invested in Bitcoin, and some of them sold because of the sharp drop in price. There are not many people who can go to today and still have Bitcoin, so the opportunities will soon be lost like this. You need a long-term vision to seize the opportunity to realize the freedom of wealth! Grin
kotajikikox

Activity: 2380
Merit: 207

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
March 24, 2021, 07:39:04 AM

Since bitcoin hits a major milestone at $50k, let's take a look back and see the price early.

http://newlibertystandard.wikifoundry.com/page/2009+Exchange+Rate

Just imagine how cheap it was back then, and now we are hitting $50k just like that.

Another nostalgic thread:

[OLD] Bitcoin Auction: 10,000.00 BTC --- Starting Bid 50.00 USD.

10k=$50, damn, those where the days.
Well Did not took more than a Month and the Price went Up to 60,000$  Grin

This is what I love in bitcoin more than every coins created , this always brings surprise to everyone even to those not supporting it and make them regret their decisions for not trusting from the very beginning .

though the value drops a little now https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitcoin/ yet stabling at 50k is more than enough to be thankful.

isaac_clarke22

Activity: 1596
Merit: 264

View Profile
March 24, 2021, 08:09:02 AM

This is lie changing. Emerging someone just invested 1USD back then and manage to hold it up to this time, that will be a financial turn-around. Digital currency is the future as it will alleviate poverty in many nations.
If I was like one of those people, I wouldn't imagine how much I hodl right now actually.
Imagine like one night being drunk then just not caring about how much you invested to Bitcoin then going up to this point.
I just can't imagine how much I reached already.
Although I could say that I could really have sold in 2017 if it did happen.
bobyhodob

Activity: 1162
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 24, 2021, 09:41:43 AM

I was very surprised at the start of Covid that the price of bitcoin was completely destroyed and made people don't want to jump into Bitcoin again but now the boom in bitcoin prices has jumped so high ahahaha

STUDENTCOIN

Powered by,
Kittygalore

Activity: 868
Merit: 63

View Profile
March 24, 2021, 09:52:08 AM

That is close to impossible because there are a lot of peaks along the way and knowing how human nature works, I think that that person who owns that amount of bitcoin could have already sold it at around the 10 USD, 100 USD because that much back then was already a lot of profit compared to the initial capital of 1 USD.
DatKing

Activity: 1022
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 24, 2021, 10:16:56 AM

While we were talking about the price going up to $50k, the price already set a new ATH at a price over $60k in just one month. And it was really great to see. In this covid-19 period, this boom could be one of the best things for people who have had Bitcoin.  Grin

Golftech

Activity: 2128
Merit: 520

View Profile
March 24, 2021, 10:26:29 AM

I was very surprised at the start of Covid that the price of bitcoin was completely destroyed and made people don't want to jump into Bitcoin again but now the boom in bitcoin prices has jumped so high ahahaha

Before Covid the price already rising since halving was expected, it's just temporary been pause

or some just step out and think first for their securities before investing back, we do see  now

that there are a lots of new investors who rides in and bring this new high.

While we were talking about the price going up to $50k, the price already set a new ATH at a price over $60k in just one month. And it was really great to see. In this covid-19 period, this boom could be one of the best things for people who have had Bitcoin.  Grin

With the demands of online transactions, Covid did bring more people around this market there's no looking back now.
Wawa2013

Activity: 1666
Merit: 267

View Profile
March 24, 2021, 10:46:26 AM

2009 is indeed the best moment to buy Bitcoin at a very cheap price, but 2009 no one would have expected the price of Bitcoin to reach $ 61k in 2021.
I am sure even Satoshi Nakamoto would never have expected the price of Bitcoin to be as high as it is now. So if we remember the past is full of regrets, sometimes I fantasize that I can go back to 2009 with a time machine, and can buy as much Bitcoin as possible . Grin

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
▀██████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
Metavault.Trade
████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████████████████████████████████████████
NEXT GENERATION PERPETUAL DEX WITH
ZERO SLIPPAGE SWAPS & UP TO 30X LEVERAGE

██████████████████████████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████████
Faster, Safer, Smarter!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ██   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
TWITTER  |  DISCORD  |  TELEGRAM  |  MEDIUM  |  GITHUB
peter0425

Activity: 2646
Merit: 446

View Profile
March 24, 2021, 11:40:19 AM

Since bitcoin hits a major milestone at $50k, let's take a look back and see the price early.

http://newlibertystandard.wikifoundry.com/page/2009+Exchange+Rate

Just imagine how cheap it was back then, and now we are hitting $50k just like that.

Another nostalgic thread:

[OLD] Bitcoin Auction: 10,000.00 BTC --- Starting Bid 50.00 USD.

10k=$50, damn, those where the days.
Lol it always frustrate me seeing back the price of Bitcoin when i already introduced earlier about this coin yet i give no care.

Imagine 1$ = 999 btc?

damn if we only purchase 10$ back then now we are a billionaire lol.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
tygeade
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1058

View Profile
March 25, 2021, 02:40:33 PM

Nothing you will say will bring back those old days. Those days have passed and Bitcoin is not going to drop that low again, but that doesn’t mean it’s over, you can start now and still progress.

Just look at last year, you might be lucky and also invested in the Bitcoin when it was around last year that the price was below $10,000, but there are people who never did or they didn’t have that chance to invest in Bitcoin at that time, but now look how the far the price has gotten to and I am very sure that so many people who didn’t get that chance in 2017 will be regretting that they didn’t do it by now. And there is sure going to be some of them who were lucky this time.

lifeforcepools

Activity: 616
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 25, 2021, 02:50:45 PM

This is temporary and we all understand it. Expect another price rise.

BUY CRYPTO AT REASONABLE RATES
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████ ▄█▄ ██████
██████ █████ ██████
█████ ▄ ███ ▄ █████
████▌▐██ █ ██▌▐████
███▄ ▀▀▌ ▐▀▀ ▄███
▀████▄▄ ▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
Expecto

Activity: 980
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 25, 2021, 03:12:29 PM

Lol it always frustrate me seeing back the price of Bitcoin when i already introduced earlier about this coin yet i give no care.

It is the same here. I can't help but think about buying some Bitcoin then and I would be a millionaire or even a billionaire now. There are many people who are regretful about it now. But I think it will always be the same for Bitcoin. I mean that we aren't late to make it again in the future. Because we don't know what level Bitcoin price will manage to reach the highest.

testabcde

Activity: 8
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 25, 2021, 03:23:44 PM

10 years ago..

Quote from: imperi on July 09, 2011, 05:30:37 AM
Some people here believe the true value of Bitcoins is under $5, and if the inflationary wall at $10 could be breached then it would plummet further. Basically would you sell everything to save what little value you have left?

Quote from: Chick on July 09, 2011, 05:35:08 AM
Anything lower than 10, I buy buy buy...

10 years later..

Anything lower than 10,000,000 I buy buy buy... Smiley

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=27282.msg56581970#msg56581970
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: