Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:23:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you get mad when the price of your cryptos go higher after you have sold  (Read 2021 times)
rahmatullah9305

Activity: 983
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 10, 2021, 06:29:29 PM

Risk is trading and it is commonplace. This concerns a person's physiology and time, this is what we should know when we position ourselves as traders. meaning that our initial studies and technical analysis are fundamental in my opinion.
The main thing that must be in a trader besides capital is his foresight and diligence in seeing and reading all the latest crypto news even though some of it is not related to trading, which however will have a big influence on the market.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Papsie

Activity: 461
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 10, 2021, 06:58:36 PM

Nope. That's what we call "emotional discipline", besides before you will sell your holdings, make sure first if you are fully aware of the possible outcome. Set first your TP amount wherein you will satisfied and fullfilled with that amount you have set up so that you are mentally and emotionally prepared if the amount will increase after you sold.

Miaallen

Activity: 573
Merit: 30

View Profile
May 10, 2021, 10:08:12 PM

Going mad is an understatement. I go really crazy it felt like a curse. I sold CAKE at $0.69 only for it to pump to as high as $45 few days ago. I also sold over 100 B SAFEMARS for around $300 just to discover what I sold was later worth $73,000 just 1½ months after. One can now see that mad is an understatement. I'm even still crazy about everything now.
harapan

Activity: 1708
Merit: 298

View Profile
May 11, 2021, 07:10:42 AM

I have been investing in cryptos for some years now and i always have to fight a battle with myself whenever i sell some of my cryptos or close my positions in a trade and the price continues to go higher.

Sometimes i regret selling, while sometimes i just try not to look at the particular crypto anymore to avoid having regrets. 

Do you also encounter this? And how do you deal with it?
I have been in your shoes and have had this experience over and over again, after selling my holding the coin will start mooning and I feel really bad about it, but it's just how it's always going to be, we can't keep holding forever someday we would likely dump our holdings and take profit when we see one, so whenever I sell my holdings, I just move on and look for another gem to invest in rather than look back and regret.

freebitcoin       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▀█████
PLAY NOW
█████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████▀
sapnu

Activity: 1036
Merit: 286

View Profile
May 11, 2021, 07:41:37 AM

I have been investing in cryptos for some years now and i always have to fight a battle with myself whenever i sell some of my cryptos or close my positions in a trade and the price continues to go higher.

Sometimes i regret selling, while sometimes i just try not to look at the particular crypto anymore to avoid having regrets. 

Almost everyone experiences such kind of regrets and frustration. It is actually a risk right the moment you enter crypto, you may end up selling too early and see the value increasing more and more afterwards. You may end up selling at the right time where the value suddenly goes down right after you sold your coins. That's why you should always observe the price movement of bitcoin or other coins you are investing so that you can find the right timing on when to sell or when to buy. You can gain the most benefits from it if you will be like that for certain.
Chathusand

Activity: 643
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 16, 2021, 08:20:08 PM

This is an excellent question, but one that strikes a personal chord with me. Several ventures that I didn't do my due diligence on over the years resulted in me selling super early before the coins or tokens mooned. In reality, I'm always berating myself about it to this day because I just can't seem to let go of those stuff, despite the fact that it's unhealthy!
bakasabo
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1178

View Profile
May 17, 2021, 07:59:35 AM

As soon as cryptocurrency market recovers from current loss, this topic is going to be filled with new rage comments.
The longer people do panic sale, the longer this price decline would continue, the sooner bearish market would start. And that is something only traders are interested in.
Just hold. Dont let other earn on your loss.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
ILuckyGuyI

Activity: 2086
Merit: 433

View Profile
May 27, 2021, 09:42:30 PM

If the price rises too much right after I sell, then I get really mad to be honest. But I know also that I shouldn't be angry about it. Because if I had a goal and reached it, then the best thing to do is selling some of the investment.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
███████████▀▌▄▀██████████
███████▄▄███████▄▄███████
██████▄███▀▀██▀██████████
█████████▌█████████▌█████
█████████▌█████████▌█████
██████████▄███▄███▀██████
████████████████▀▀███████
███████████▀▀▀███████████
█████████████████████████
▀█████▀▀████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
Available in
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
pilosopotasyo

Activity: 952
Merit: 27

View Profile
May 27, 2021, 09:54:28 PM

I have been in this situation so many times and I get used to it, no use crying over spilled milk, we are in a highly volatile market where things can happen so fast, my biggest regret was the Uniswap airdrop I should have waited a few more weeks before it pumps up and made 10 times profit from the initial airdrop price like I don't look at the price of the coin I sold and just move on.

BACK FROM A LONG VACATION
Woodie

Activity: 1806
Merit: 871

Rollbit.com ⚔️Crypto Futures

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2021, 10:06:12 PM

Of course there will be that element of disappointment for not holding for a little longer, but you know what they say let bygones be bygones or is it its water under the bridge move on and catch the next bull run!

But honestly speaking I think when it comes to selling some of your coins it would mean its the best price and you comfortable with it best price is constantly moving so it could go either way.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
dimox
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 27, 2021, 10:13:26 PM

already experience it many times, and never fail to make me laugh. sometime, it happen in a short time, like they dont have any sign and the price just jump through obstacle.
never regret when you decide where you want to sell, if you want to regret, just put that thing before you sell your coin.
Rexler

Activity: 616
Merit: 12

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2021, 06:38:24 AM

I'm not really the greedy type, I'm always happy with selling at any price I feel is decent, cause if I regret selling it at that time, how would I have felt if the price dropped lower? We can't predict what the future holds so whatever price we sell we should always see that as the best price at that moment, no point regretting after selling, you will only disturb your mental health cause you can't back the coins you have sold out so no point crying over it.

Dr.Osh
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1004

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
May 28, 2021, 06:55:46 AM

Well, I was quite stressed out selling all the Ethereum I owned at the end of 2020, and right now the prices from Ethereum are really high. I held my assets long enough, but I sold them too quickly. however, I don't think it's just me who feels it. it taught me to be patient until your target is reached.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
Natsuu

Activity: 1120
Merit: 158

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
May 28, 2021, 02:13:15 PM

Not really mad, but really disappointed about myself and how dumb am I. Something like that. But the thing is that I very well know that this is something I'm prepare for when I started to enter trading. So after like a day or 2 of griefing and lamenting, I am able to get back on my track.

carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
May 28, 2021, 02:44:39 PM

I'm not really the greedy type, I'm always happy with selling at any price I feel is decent, cause if I regret selling it at that time, how would I have felt if the price dropped lower? We can't predict what the future holds so whatever price we sell we should always see that as the best price at that moment, no point regretting after selling, you will only disturb your mental health cause you can't back the coins you have sold out so no point crying over it.

A very good mindset when investing, profits are always better than losing your money, whatever the value you sell your
assets as long as you have little to  decent profits, it's okay even the price pumped high the moment

you let it go. If you have that mentality you'll be able to increase chances of your success, small but continuous profits
each time you place your entry.

It's your decision-making, be contented with any amount as long as you benefits from your investment.
SacriFries11

Activity: 882
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 28, 2021, 03:39:35 PM

It happens and its a common thing with most of the investors/traders and you know we can not exit always at the peak point so sometimes we regret later that we sell earlier and we can not do anything on this. So we should chill and move on and consider this as a learning. Even sometimes we are lucky that we sell at the right time.
I don't blame myself of get mad if I sell in lower price. I didn't know that the price will become higher and I'm just satisfied with my profit. In that case, TA is very important from the right entry and exits in every trades. Being satisfied with the your target especially if have plans how many percentage are you going to get. Being too greedy is bad in crypto space, and it happened to me most of the time that I cannot take my profit resulting to much lower profit sometimes being lose. I just need to get back and accepted the profit that I gained.

BYBIT reddit                  █▀▀▄▄▄█▀█
            ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄  ▀▀▀
    ▄▄▄ ▄▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▄ ▄▄▄
  ▄▀  ▄▀    ▄▄      ▄▄    ▀▄  ▀▄
  ▀▄ █     ████    ████     █ ▄▀
    █       ▀▀      ▀▀       █
     █     ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀     █
▄▄▄▄  ▀▄                  ▄▀
█▄▄█▀▀████▀█▀▀██▀█▀█▀▀██▀█▀▀▀███▄
████ ▀▄██▀▄█ ▀ █▄▀ █ ▀ █ ██ █████
████ █ █ ███ ▀▄█▀▀▄█ ▀▄█ ██ █████
▀███████████████████████████
█▀▀█
           ▀▄        ▄▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

SPOTS & DERIVATIVES
TRADING
24/7 CUSTOMER
SUPPORT

LAUNCHPAD /
LAUNCHPOOL
NFT
MARKETPLACE

▄█████████████▄
█████████████
█▄███████████
█████████████
████████████████▄
█████▀████▀ ▀ ▀████▄
██████████ ▀▀▀▄████
███████████ ███ ████
██████████▄ ▄ ▄████▀
█████████████████▀
█████████████
██████████▄██
▀█████████████▀

MOBILE APP
FOR IPHONE
& ANDROID
█▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄
MOST RELIABLE
TRADING PLATFORM

GLOBAL // 2020
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
                                             █
                       ▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄              █
        ▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▄ ▀▀▄▄          █
   ▄▀▀█▀▀▀▄▄ ▄ ▄▀▀▀    ▄▀ ▀ ▀  ▀▄▄ ▀▄        █
  ▀▄ ▐▌▄████████▄▄ ▄ ▄  ▄██▄█▄▀██▄█▄ █       █
    ▀▀████████████████▄█▄▄██▄▀███████▄█      █
     ▄▀████████▄▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀▄▀██▀▄████     █
   ▄██▀▀    ▀▀▀▀███▄     ▐█ ▄▄█▀█████████▄   █
  ▄█▌              ▀██   █▄▀▀▀ ▐▄██▀▀▀ ▀▀▄▀  █
  ▀▀                      ▀▀    ▀            █
                                             █
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
molsewid

Activity: 2170
Merit: 530

View Profile
May 28, 2021, 04:41:16 PM

Of course there will be that element of disappointment for not holding for a little longer, but you know what they say let bygones be bygones or is it its water under the bridge move on and catch the next bull run!

But honestly speaking I think when it comes to selling some of your coins it would mean its the best price and you comfortable with it best price is constantly moving so it could go either way.

Or it is much better to say that once you've decided to sell your crypto at that certain amount or value then it must have only means that you have earned the amount that you think is enough for you to be the value of your crypto, or else you're in need which makes you to feel the eagerness to sell it and settle for that certain value of your crypto. Disappointments and regrets will probably be there, you would be feel also down or freaked out about this but it is already ddone, the best thing that we can do is to move on and learn from this.
iamsheikhadil

Activity: 1022
Merit: 133

View Profile
May 28, 2021, 04:54:59 PM

I used to kinda, but not anymore, as you will gain more experience, when prices are going up, it's a total gamble on how much profit you are going to make, because you never know the point at which it will start to plummet all the way down and you will regret not selling at that highest of the peaks, but if you sell, and even if they prices moves forward up, a little sadness will follow but yeah, atleast it's positive and a profit no?! Because even if less, but still a profit, not loss!
conected

Activity: 1302
Merit: 503

View Profile
May 28, 2021, 05:05:35 PM

Not really mad, but really disappointed about myself and how dumb am I. Something like that. But the thing is that I very well know that this is something I'm prepare for when I started to enter trading. So after like a day or 2 of griefing and lamenting, I am able to get back on my track.
- Anger is a pretty meager existence in this case, just think about acting so bad, it's really very sad thing, a lot of regrets and longing for a second chance but just experience it a few times, we can understand the problem and get rid of a bad mood in just a few days. Because we are not gods or prophets who can see into the future, our instinct is to feel satisfied with the price and think it is correct, we will sell on such terms, even if we're wrong, few other opportunities will appear in such a way and we just need to finish the unfinished things, no regrets too much

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
███████                  ███████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

. Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore .
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
jostorres

Activity: 2464
Merit: 585

View Profile
May 29, 2021, 06:16:05 PM

A very good mindset when investing, profits are always better than losing your money, whatever the value you sell your assets as long as you have little to  decent profits, it's okay even the price pumped high the moment you let it go. If you have that mentality you'll be able to increase chances of your success, small but continuous profits each time you place your entry.

It's your decision-making, be contented with any amount as long as you benefits from your investment.
That's another approach but I just feel like holding long term is not greed, it is being totally uncaring about the price but sometimes it looks like we are greedy.

Yes, I bought bitcoin when it was much lower, and yes I didn't sell at 64k and yes I hope for it to go even higher but none of those comes from greedy point of view, I want to just hold it as much as I can and keep buying as much as possible, that is just how it works when you are a long term holder, it can fall and I do not mind as long as in 3 years it is back again, and then can fall again, all I care is long term and I am not in a rush, a greedy person would want money right now, I do not care about it right now, I can wait. So, is it greedy being a long term holder? Maybe? I mean I wouldn't call myself greedy but no greedy person calls themselves greedy so that is why I am not sure how this would work.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████