Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:33:08 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Noob intro ?  (Read 233 times)
slurfius (OP)

Activity: 104
Merit: 7

View Profile
February 22, 2021, 05:50:17 PM

So in 2011 I considered buying a little bitcoin in order to get some weed off silkroad. I never ended up having the balls to buy anything from silkroad and the crypto stuff was confusing enough that I never even made it as far as buying any. Now I am of course kicking myself for not getting involved in crypto back then. I am just now starting to learn and I was curious what opinions you have about the crypto.com app and cro. I've downloaded it and the litecoin and doge core wallets. I'm thinking about getting into lottery mining (sounds more fun than just trading) considering buying a futurebit apollo hobby miner.
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
February 22, 2021, 06:02:17 PM

Don't buy doge. It'll be down to 50 sats again at some point like it always does (not financial advice though as it also might not but it's likely it will).

Crypto.com looks to have been going for a while now so as long as you do a bit of research to check they're still doing as they promise and determine how regulated they are (if possible) then they may be a good place to look at (are you after a card or investing)? If you're after investing youight want to look at places like defi too.

Litecoin is pretty neutral at the moment. It just seems to be stagnant and I'm not sure if that's bullish or bearish but it is a good way to save on the fees you might normally pay with bitcoin as it's pretty cheap to transfer and the chain used to be tiny.
slurfius (OP)

View Profile
February 22, 2021, 06:49:17 PM

I'm aware that doge is basically a joke version of litecoin and wouldn't be investing in it hoping to profit.

I want to be able to invest in crypto and use atm to withdraw so I am trying Crypto app. They gave me $25 of CRO for signing up last week and now I read that they are burning 70B CRO starting today and the price is going up. How would I research how regulated they are? Would you recommend a different app?
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
February 22, 2021, 07:22:56 PM

I'm aware that doge is basically a joke version of litecoin and wouldn't be investing in it hoping to profit.

I want to be able to invest in crypto and use atm to withdraw so I am trying Crypto app. They gave me $25 of CRO for signing up last week and now I read that they are burning 70B CRO starting today and the price is going up. How would I research how regulated they are? Would you recommend a different app?

What country are you in? Regulation wise you could se eif they're registered, have charges against them etc. It'll probably have their company name in the terms and conditions.

They're probably OK for investing with but I'm not sure how their fees are for conversions? You could check binance or coinbase to see if they are cheaper as those are the two I'd normally recommend as they're quite established. Try not to store funds on an exchange though if you can learn about safer ways to store it and are confident you won't lose the funds along the way (for example you could send smaller transactions to and from the exchange first to check you understand how things work and that you've picked a good wallet - core or electrum versions of the software are what are normally picked for both).
slurfius (OP)

View Profile
February 22, 2021, 08:50:51 PM

I'm in the US in the state of Indiana (our electricity is about .11/kwh)

I have googled crypto.com but I suppose I should look more specifically for lawsuits and complaints. I'm going to search more about them on here and I should also read the fine print and see what the fees are compared to others that is a great tip that I hadn't considered.
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
February 22, 2021, 10:09:26 PM

I'm in the US in the state of Indiana (our electricity is about .11/kwh)

I have googled crypto.com but I suppose I should look more specifically for lawsuits and complaints. I'm going to search more about them on here and I should also read the fine print and see what the fees are compared to others that is a great tip that I hadn't considered.

Have a look for a profitibility calculator then also for the mining too if you want to work out how much the miner will cost you - you light want to compare cost between many different miners of different coins too.
aoluain
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1285

View Profile
February 22, 2021, 10:15:06 PM
Last edit: February 22, 2021, 10:27:11 PM by aoluain

Welcome to the forum and to Crypto.

Something to consider with a wallet or app is whether you can
control what you do with your coins, as in can you move them
off the crypto.com platform?

From this article it looks like crypto.com uses non-custodial wallets.
It also looks like they are regulated and offer quite a range of services,
Exchange, Payments via cards, credit, earn and DeFi

Started in 2016, Crypto.com has grown into a fully-fledged and well known international cryptocurrency
hub with a complete crypto ecosystem build upon its Crypto.com App, Exchange, DeFi swap, DeFi Wallet,
DeFi Earn, Crypto.com Price, staking, crypto lending, and many other services. Crypto.com works with
regulatory institutions all over the globe, and aims to bring you the most convenient way to buy, sell,
trade and spend cryptocurrencies. The Crypto.com App allows users to buy and sell bitcoin and over 80
other top cryptocurrencies with top 24 fiat currencies, make payments and offers low trading fees.
It’s non-custodial Crypto.com DeFi Wallet grants you control of your private keys.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
slurfius (OP)

View Profile
February 23, 2021, 08:27:49 PM

I'm dipping my toes into mining with nicehash on an old server I have. The Navidia GTS 450 GPU isn't recognized by nicehash but the cpu mining seems to be working fine. Anything I could change to get the GPU to mine? I've already reinstalled the latest drivers then the latest software versions of everything I'm trying to use.
slurfius (OP)

View Profile
February 23, 2021, 10:16:37 PM

nicehash is running xmrig on the cpu. I have found a GPU version of xmrig-navidia and I have read that xmr-stak might work with the GTS 450 GPU
AniviaBtc

Activity: 1120
Merit: 272

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile
February 24, 2021, 02:19:25 AM

Don't buy doge. It'll be down to 50 sats again at some point like it always does (not financial advice though as it also might not but it's likely it will).

Don't join the trend just because Elon Musk pumped the price of Doge coin in the market.

Just like jackg have said, there's always a time where this altcoin will go down and you need to deal with it when you want to invest on it.

Never rely on these altcoin, dogecoin and litecoin because it is really much risky compared to other altcoins.

slurfius (OP)

View Profile
February 24, 2021, 09:42:22 PM

So far I’ve only been able to get my i5 ivy bridge cpu to mine but not the video card. Should I get an upgrade or is there a way to mine with a gts 450?
janggernaut
Legendary

Activity: 2366
Merit: 1130

View Profile
February 24, 2021, 11:25:23 PM

So far I’ve only been able to get my i5 ivy bridge cpu to mine but not the video card. Should I get an upgrade or is there a way to mine with a gts 450?
You want to mining bitcoin now or what? I thought mining isn't profitable anymore since the hash is very difficult compared before, it consumes lot of time and electric too. Your hardware could broken too if using it 24/7.
slurfius (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2021, 04:40:15 AM
Last edit: February 25, 2021, 05:15:24 AM by slurfius

I don’t think mining bitcoins can be profitable without a custom build I am using this server now with NiceHash to get .12 a day (free electricity because the server is running regardless) but I would prefer to figure out how to have it mine alt coins like monero filecoin litecoin and yes even dogecoin directly into my wallet instead of having NiceHash take so much
slurfius (OP)

View Profile
February 28, 2021, 01:08:36 PM

Monero is the currency that smart miners always pick but is there a more profitable currency to mine on old hardware?
hash.guide

Activity: 12
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2021, 10:57:09 PM

the crypto.com app does not allow you to export your private keys but their defi wallet supposedly does. I use crypto.com app to buy crypto with debit card & to spend my crypto at stores on their visa debit card. I like their card setup, but to store good amounts of crypto, I would use something more secure that you own your keys.
lozovenkop

Activity: 238
Merit: 113

View Profile
March 10, 2021, 11:17:30 AM

Do not chase easy money, it is better to invest in fundumental projects and the profit will not keep you waiting.
The dog does not inspire confidence, there have been no updates for a long time and investing because of the hype is a bad idea.

███    TWITTER      MOCKTAIL      WHITEPAPER     ███
███       ANN                        FIRST SEMI-FUNGIBLE TOKEN ON BSC         SMART CONTRACT    ███
███  TELEGRAM       SWAP             PANCAKE      ███
boyptc

Activity: 3038
Merit: 681

View Profile
March 10, 2021, 07:14:14 PM

Usually, with the old miners, you can still use it but not for those coins that are already in the mainstream. Check what you can mine your old miner.

--> https://whattomine.com/

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
..FAST DEPOSITS .........
..AND WITHDRAWALS..
    ▄▄████████▄▄                        ▄██████▄
  ▄███████▀██████▄                    ▄██████████▄
 ██████ ▀▀ ▄ █████       ██          ▄████████████▄
████████  ▄▀▄ ▀██▀      ▄███       ▄███          ███▄
███████▄  ▀▀▀ ▄██      ▄█████▄    ████████    ███████
███████  ██▀  ▄██     ████████▄   ███▀ ▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▀██
█████▄▄  ▀▀▄   ██▄    ▀▀█████▀▀   █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
 ██████ █ ▄ ▄█████    ▀▄▄▀▀▀▄▄▀   ████████    ██████▀
  ▀███████████████     ▀█████      ▀██████▄▄▄▄████▀▀
    ▀▀█████████▀         ███         ▀▀████████▀▀
..WHEEL OF..
..FORTUNE...
.WELCOME OFFER .
......200% + 50FS.....
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀██████
████████████▀▀▀    ██████
███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
████▄     ▄█▀     ███████
███████▄ █▀      ████████
████████▌▐       ████████
█████████ ▄██▄  █████████
███████████████▄█████████
▀███████████████████████▀

.PLAY NOW.
[/ta
slurfius (OP)

View Profile
March 12, 2021, 02:16:36 AM

Ive got 6 computers that can run xmrig now 325 h/s - 1629 h/s still not a single gpu running
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: