Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 11:18:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why bitcoin mixers are only for criminals  (Read 688 times)
Matimtim

Activity: 868
Merit: 108

View Profile
March 11, 2021, 08:19:29 AM

Maybe why most of all user of bitcoin mixer is criminal as what you said is because of capability of bitcoin mixer to hide them because using bitcoin mixer they can use bitcoin more privately in that matter its hard to the government to trace them and penalize for what they did.

Kittygalore

Activity: 868
Merit: 63

View Profile
March 11, 2021, 09:01:21 AM

I think most criminals will prefer privacy coins like XMR rather than going in the hassle of bitcoin mixing service. But again the service of bitcoin mixer is not made to use it negatively. Its just that most people use it for illegal purpose and not for the good cause.
That doesn't count as an excuse that mixers can still be used for such malicious purposes. No matter how the developer or creator envisioned their mixer, it will still boil down to the fact that mixers can clean coins that are tainted due to illegal activities.
20kevin20
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1597

View Profile
March 11, 2021, 10:09:13 AM

Then you're supporting a criminal.
Golden words.

I find it funny how people supporting criminals are looking for ways to reduce criminality rates. I never stood why we're looking for equality and fairness when the ones giving us orders are criminals themselves. The rules either apply to everyone or to nobody. What regulating BTC does is we're going to be required extra documents and our privacy will become inexistent while criminals wi still use it their own way.

In other words, what this leads to is full surveillance and control while stopping a negligible percent of the illicit activity.
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1531

View Profile
March 11, 2021, 11:48:46 AM

I'm not agreeing on any point which people posted here, so I'm still believing in my own opinion . Bitcoin mixers are only for criminals. The same with privacy coins.

I'm also not an BSV fanboy. Yes I believe that CSW is satoshi and I also know that many things that he says are right but that's it. I have no relationship with BSV nor I had.

The reason you all don't accept it is simply because it destroys your fake reality that satoshi is some underground anarchistic hacker dodging bullets like neo in the matrix.
And as we know, people do everything to defend their reality Wink

People still think when googling "hacker" that satoshi looks like that.

It may be that, despite all the well-founded counterarguments, you are still holding on to your opinion. The problem is only that you seem to live in your own truth and therefore you cannot accept any other opinion at all. You also didn't refute my conclusion that you have no idea at all how mixers work technologically and why they are therefore unattractive to criminals. Maybe you should educate yourself a bit before you continue to make a fool of yourself. Just a suggestion.
MiningBattalion

Activity: 333
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 11, 2021, 02:01:30 PM

I'm not agreeing on any point which people posted here, so I'm still believing in my own opinion . Bitcoin mixers are only for criminals. The same with privacy coins.

I'm also not an BSV fanboy. Yes I believe that CSW is satoshi and I also know that many things that he says are right but that's it. I have no relationship with BSV nor I had.

The reason you all don't accept it is simply because it destroys your fake reality that satoshi is some underground anarchistic hacker dodging bullets like neo in the matrix.
And as we know, people do everything to defend their reality Wink

People still think when googling "hacker" that satoshi looks like that.

It may be that, despite all the well-founded counterarguments, you are still holding on to your opinion. The problem is only that you seem to live in your own truth and therefore you cannot accept any other opinion at all. You also didn't refute my conclusion that you have no idea at all how mixers work technologically and why they are therefore unattractive to criminals. Maybe you should educate yourself a bit before you continue to make a fool of yourself. Just a suggestion.

Many have operated under the false belief that Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies offer some kind of safe haven from the law. Coin mixers and darknet markets are two products of this belief.But that has changed in the past few years, and cases like Harmons are evidence they are now taking a tougher approach. And Bitcoin, remember, has a permanent public ledger of all transactions.BTC uses Lightning Network to process smaller transactions due to its deliberately-limited on-chain transaction capacity.
?QuestionMark? (OP)

Activity: 79
Merit: 28

View Profile
March 13, 2021, 09:20:06 AM

What we need are instant transactions (no RBF) and miners who mine terabyte blocks.
Billions of transactions per block. Transaction script where you can store any kind of data.

Who is this "we" you're referring to?  That sounds like that's something you need because you can't get it.  You can't get it because such a network would never garner sufficient usage or network effects in order to fill gigabyte blocks (let alone terabyte ones).  You simply don't understand the incentives required to secure the chain.  You can't build an economy with empty promises.  I've seen so many clueless rejects like you over the years who think they know how to make Bitcoin "better" with your banal ideology that doesn't hold up to scrutiny.  Unless you're just one of the old rejects back again with a new username and the same tired old lines, of course.  But keep trying (and failing).  You're never going to make any progress here.  

Two things will make BTC fail.
Its bad implementation including the fact that its useless.
Another reason which will make btc even more worse in the eyes of everyone:
The revealing of the truth that 70% of btc's price is fake and pumped up by tether with fake money which will cause the btc price to fall by over 95%.

Uh huh.  Cool story bro.  Tether is unquestionably a time bomb, but there is no damage it can do to Bitcoin as a network or a protocol.  The people who are going to get hurt there are mostly the ones holding Tether.  I honestly don't care if there's some short term turmoil with price.  Bitcoin's price isn't what's important.  If you think it is, you're only highlighting your ignorance further.  The important aspects are all the ones your fantasy "terabyte blocks coin" would never be able to achieve, assuming:

a) anyone was actually stupid enough to try to create it and  
b) it actually managed to fill those blocks.  Obviously it would never fill them because the only users would be misguided fools like you.

But now that you've revealed your true agenda, perhaps consider dropping the flimsy pretence and acting like this is anything to do with mixers.  Your purpose here is obvious.  Disinformation and propaganda is your game.  You're about as subtle and nuanced as faketoshi himself.  I see right through you.

To spell it out for everyone else reading this, the intended target here isn't mixers, the attack being attempted here is very much on Bitcoin as a whole.  If everyone could stop playing along and fuelling this troll's ambitions, that would be just swell.  

//EDIT:  Brash colouring added so people notice. 

I started talking about mixers. You started talking about some of my other posts and referring to my quotes like bitcoin is not bitcoin anymore. So you started the whole thing. You don't have to red flag your lies saying I'm the one who wants to use this post to spread information regarding other topics.

There are already fiber cables out there doing terabytes. When your investing millions of dollars in a mining operation you also want the best and fastest fiber cables that exists right now in the world.

Mining will be the most competitive industry in the world. Every miner wants to be best and to be the best you need to have the best equipment. A miner also has to get better. If he stops doing so he will fail, cant compete with other miners and he loses hes million dollar investment. Home nodes do nothing they are worthless. Your only a node when you mined successfully a block in the 2016 block period.

Miners always need to get better. Better and more mining devices, infrastructure, better security, better ddos protection, better and faster fiber cables.

Miners can't hide. They have a physical location which is know to everyone. Everyone knows who they are and where they are. When they try to cheat they get rejected and lose millions. And with future laws all their assets are seized and they lose everything. No real business men does or wants that.

When you want to start in industries like oil, airline, huge construction or energy you can't start with a 10k loan from your parents.

You need a hundreds of millions of dollars. Otherwise you can leave.

The same will be with the mining industry in the future. In most part the mining industry is like that already right now.

So mining terabyte blocks is possible. You have to give the miner the opportunity to mine a block big as he wants. If its so big that other miners can't handle it its their problem and they can leave. They have to get better or they can get out of businesses. Again they don't do or want that so they also get better.

A digital currency using pow is secured by economics and not by just cryptography and some holy grail and fake illusions like why all are flying around with cryptography in a digital cyber tunnel and nobody can stop us. 

You can be esoteric as a human but you can't be esoteric with technology.

And with "we" I mean every human on this planet. The technology is revolutionary.
With "we" I mean everyone. Me, you, rich, poor and everyone else. Just everyone.

We need a digital peer-to-peer cash system which makes everyone's life better.

Billions of transactions per block. Try that with a 1MB + segwit block.

Not something like btc which you can use for nothing and just enriches some billionaires and speculators.

With btc you couldn't even handle a city with about 50k citizens.

When you do it right you can change the whole world.

?QuestionMark? (OP)

View Profile
March 13, 2021, 09:28:57 AM

Can I ask you? is fiat never been used by criminals for funding any terrorist activity?

We know that mixers are prone to criminal activity but it doesn't if you will use a mixer you are a criminal. There are pros and cons to bitcoin mixers and the reason why they still exist now. To increase the anonymity per transaction that we want, do you think if there is a huge transaction made public and will reveal your identity will not give risk in your life?

Good thing there's a bitcoin mixer that increases to hide identity, but it doesn't matter if there is a bad intention who will be used to it, that's their problem once they caught.

Of course fiat is used for criminal activity. I've never said anything else. From the street up to the top.

Secret services finance and create terrorist groups or finance human mind control experiments.
Some banks finance wars with fiat and some drug cartels launder billions of dollars and bribe a senator with fiat.

Corruption causes most world problems which affect every single individual on our beautiful planet.

That's why need a transparent digital finance system. You just can't let it be how it is because normal persons use fiat for normal and good things in their daily life's.

When you make corruption and criminal actives with money not possible you solve the worlds problems.
Can't do war when you can't finance it Wink

But still bitcoin mixers are only for criminals and not also for some normal persons.
?QuestionMark? (OP)

View Profile
March 13, 2021, 09:37:57 AM

Then you're supporting a criminal.
Golden words.

I find it funny how people supporting criminals are looking for ways to reduce criminality rates. I never stood why we're looking for equality and fairness when the ones giving us orders are criminals themselves. The rules either apply to everyone or to nobody. What regulating BTC does is we're going to be required extra documents and our privacy will become inexistent while criminals wi still use it their own way.

In other words, what this leads to is full surveillance and control while stopping a negligible percent of the illicit activity.

I would like to ask you to show a single evidence that he's a criminal. Any convictions? But I better let it be. You don't have any anyway and it would just result in a unnecessary discussion in which you would embarrass yourself in every post more and more.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: