Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 10:00:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Terminologies.  (Read 182 times)
Mayorluke (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 16, 2021, 04:15:38 AM

Bitcoin has a mark up language that can only be understand by a bitcoin miner or trader,so as a bitcoin trader it is always advisable to get yourself acquainted with this terms before finding yourself in a bitcoin mining or trading world to avoid unnecessary loosing of funds.
A bitcoin language is somehow strange to some people that has no idea about "how" and "where" it work, bitcoin per say is a digital job opportunity that is open to everyone around the world, your location is not a barrier to this great opportunity but to some extent l see it as a barrier when you are not connected to those persons that understands "How" and "Where" it work.
I'm appealing for a clarification of this two most concern terms;
1.How bitcoin work.
2.Where bitcoin work.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TheNineClub

Activity: 616
Merit: 161

View Profile
March 16, 2021, 05:10:25 AM

So there are two major differences we need to address here regarding how bitcoin works.

1. How bitcoin works on a technical level (how it was built, what code, what programing language, what is the intent and the purpose)
2. How it works in the economy

In this video you can find some answers to those questions, it's a great starting point for whoever wants to know more about Bitcoin and crypto https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBC-nXj3Ng4

As for where it works, again, it can be summed up to two differences. At the base level it works, well, on the internet. All of the transactions, mining, trading, all of it works through the internet. On the economic scale, it works in any countries that allow it or have free access to the internet.

DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 4610

View Profile
March 16, 2021, 05:31:58 AM
Merited by hugeblack (1)

1.How bitcoin work.

Impressively well.

2.Where bitcoin work.

Everywhere with access to the internet (and some places without).
nullius
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 2610

If you don’t do PGP, you don’t do crypto!

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2021, 06:04:44 AM
Merited by hugeblack (1)

Bitcoin has a mark up language

What, like HTML or \LaTeXRoll Eyes

usernameyaya

Activity: 60
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 16, 2021, 06:56:12 AM

there're already many bitcoin words, such as HODL, FOMO and FUD. it's good if we can collect all those words/terms in a book and then explain them to those outsiders Wink maybe a great business opportunity is around the corner!
lifeforcepools

Activity: 616
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 16, 2021, 08:19:01 AM

It's time to create a crypto dictionary with terminology.

BUY CRYPTO AT REASONABLE RATES
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████ ▄█▄ ██████
██████ █████ ██████
█████ ▄ ███ ▄ █████
████▌▐██ █ ██▌▐████
███▄ ▀▀▌ ▐▀▀ ▄███
▀████▄▄ ▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
GeorgeJohn

Activity: 1428
Merit: 658

Bitcoin is achievement

View Profile
March 16, 2021, 01:41:00 PM

Actually bitcoin has created an impact in different societies in all ramifications of life, so emphasising on the what bitcoin can generate and how bitcoin works is nice question as a beginner, bitcoin is a digital currency which we can be use as investment for multiple purposes, it's used for exchanges of goods and services if really wish to exchange with bitcoin, but most of times novices in cryptocurrency find it very difficult to comprehend the usefulness of cryptocurrency especially bitcoin in particular, so from the aspects of the question that stipulates about "where does bitcoin work" bitcoin don't have a specific place it operates, it operates everywhere across the countries except a situation where by a particular country disvalues it and pass a law of restrictions of cryptocurrency transaction due to lacks of understanding of crypto cycler-chain only.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Smartvirus
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1108

View Profile
March 16, 2021, 06:20:49 PM

I'm appealing for a clarification of this two most concern terms;
1.How bitcoin work.
2.Where bitcoin work.
Just to note, those two aren't terms in actual. You just asked a question using two simple sentences but, its okay to be confused and ask questions and I don't mean to discourage you in anyway, just have to right the wrong, thats all we are doing. When it comes to terminologies, we would be considering things like,

Hashrate (Deals with processing speed)
Sticky thread/Pinned posts (Threads that stay top in boards)
OP (Original post or poster)
Hodl (to hold)
ATM (All Time High)

Trying to keep it as simple as possible but  those are terms.

About your question and I'll answer as I understand it in a way I hope you do understand

1. Bitcoin works just as every other currency do, as a medium of exchange being transferred from wallet to wallet.

2. Bitcoin works or operates on the blockchain through the Internet.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 4110

View Profile
March 16, 2021, 11:57:51 PM

I'm not a big fan of jargon. Preferably, it would be better to steer clear of any non technical terms when it comes to talking about Bitcoin since ultimately we want others to adopt Bitcoin, and therefore by simplifying our jargon to more readable terms it becomes easier for those that are new to the technology.

Generally, its only advisable to use jargon when everyone is capable of understanding it, but really I'm a big fan of getting rid of any jargon that isn't a technical term. For example, hashrate would be a technical term (despite being somewhat self explanatory), but HODL is definitely not something I'd use to someone new. Of course, its part of the history, and therefore somewhat valuable to learn about I guess, but definitely isn't something which should be used when concerning beginners.

I also don't particularly like abbreviations, unless its been explained previously. For example, if I was to say the All Time High (ATM) was on x date, and then continued to use ATM then that would be fine. Although, if I did the opposite where I just stated ATM, then that's not clear at all, and even for someone who's familiar with Bitcoin it quickly becomes confusing. This is a particularly good example, as "ATM" is common "text" speak for "At the moment" .
SquirrelJulietGarden

Activity: 1302
Merit: 726

View Profile
March 17, 2021, 01:13:11 AM

I'm not a big fan of jargon. Preferably, it would be better to steer clear of any non technical terms when it comes to talking about Bitcoin since ultimately we want others to adopt Bitcoin, and therefore by simplifying our jargon to more readable terms it becomes easier for those that are new to the technology.
It makes difficult for people that are not in a cryptocurrency tribe. That is not a big challenge to come through if one person really want to learn about cryptocurrency. It takes some time for them to digest basic terminology.

It probably requires more time for people are not fluently in English.

Terminology (@yogi). The 2012 topic and was last updated in 2015.
Bitcoin & crypto vocabulary

███▄▀██▄▄
░░▄████▄▀████ ▄▄▄
░░████▄▄▄▄░░█▀▀
███ ██████▄▄▀█▌
░▄░░███▀████
░▐█░░███░██▄▄
░░▄▀░████▄▄▄▀█
░█░▄███▀████ ▐█
▀▄▄███▀▄██▄
░░▄██▌░░██▀
░▐█▀████ ▀██
░░█▌██████ ▀▀██▄
░░▀███
▄▄██▀▄███
▄▄▄████▀▄████▄░░
▀▀█░░▄▄▄▄████░░
▐█▀▄▄█████████
████▀███░░▄░
▄▄██░███░░█▌░
█▀▄▄▄████░▀▄░░
█▌████▀███▄░█░
▄██▄▀███▄▄▀
▀██░░▐██▄░░
██▀████▀█▌░
▄██▀▀██████▐█░░
███▀░░
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 3830

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
March 17, 2021, 03:49:06 AM
Merited by SquirrelJulietGarden (1)

It's time to create a crypto dictionary with terminology.

Please not again. I remember how many "bitcoin/cryptocurrency terminology" threads that has been created in the 2017 bull run from people trying to earn some merits. We've definitely have enough of those.

👇👇👇
Terminology (@yogi). The 2012 topic and was last updated in 2015.
Bitcoin & crypto vocabulary

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀