Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 02:38:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin in tv show -The Good Wife - Episode 3.13 - Finding Mr. Bitcoin  (Read 34571 times)
LightRider
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1021

I advocate the Zeitgeist Movement & Venus Project.

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2011, 05:14:36 AM

Well if anything, maybe more actors will look into bitcoin in order to get into their roles...

Bitcoin combines money, the wrongest thing in the world, with software, the easiest thing in the world to get wrong.
Visit www.thevenusproject.com and www.theZeitgeistMovement.com.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
HostFat
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 1203

I support freedom of choice

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2011, 09:18:04 AM

[conspiracy]
They are trying many ways to get him out Shocked
[/conspiracy]

NON DO ASSISTENZA PRIVATA - http://hostfatmind.com
finway

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 30, 2011, 09:40:34 AM

Holly #@#$
Is this true ?

This show is popular in China,
just like Prison Break.

fastandfurious

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 30, 2011, 10:29:18 AM

I see that the Bitcoin community is buying up the price, now it is about 45 % over its low if you look at the couple of months back. My target of 2-3 dollars that I had when Bitcoin was at 6 dollars is now fulfilled.

So what will happen now? Two things I think, first it will get back to lower levels after this buying optimism is gone, it will happen within 1-2 weeks. After that, let see it this show will get some new interest in, the up side is still pretty small, the main reason is the high level of inflation that still is in the system. At today's rates the inflation level in USD is around 20 000 USD/day, a pretty big sum with the Bitcoin community that have around 400 active users (top number for this month) on its biggest forum.
julz (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 30, 2011, 10:33:40 AM

... a pretty big sum with the Bitcoin community that have around 400 active users (top number for this month) on its biggest forum.

That would be 400+ online *at one time*  - not the total active for the month.

@electricwings   BM-GtyD5exuDJ2kvEbr41XchkC8x9hPxdFd
fastandfurious

View Profile
November 30, 2011, 10:41:31 AM

Ok, lets say 800, or even 1000. 1000 active members, that is still not that of a big number if you think about the inflation numbers, it is 7500 USD/person for a year ((7200 x 2,86 x 365) / 1000). I don't think that the average user will put that type of USD in to the Bitcoin Economy per year. As an example this thread have 600 users looking at it for the last two days.
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 30, 2011, 10:48:57 AM

Ok, lets say 800, or even 1000. 1000 active members, that is still not that of a big number if you think about the inflation numbers, it is 7500 USD/person for a year ((7200 x 2,86 x 365) / 1000). I don't think that the average user will put that type of USD in to the Bitcoin Economy per year. As an example this thread have 600 users looking at it for the last two days.

Page views don't indicate how many people have looked at a thread, just how many times it's been loaded.  I've loaded it at least five times today to read the latest responses and I'm sure that others have too.

A lot of message-board software uses the number of members who've logged on in the last 30 days as the figure for "active users".

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
fastandfurious

View Profile
November 30, 2011, 10:55:53 AM

That means that the 1000 number probably is a bit lower. But even it you calculate with the higher number of 1000, 7500 USD /person is still a hugh number. My guess is that the average investor maybe puts in more like 1000-2000 USD /year.

As a conclusion, the interest have to pick up again, if not it will trade at 2 dollars within 1-3 months. The chance of that is very high as I see it. Sustained prices at 4 dollars is very unlikely as I see it for the nearest months.
julz (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 30, 2011, 10:58:52 AM

I agree in general with your sentiment that there are a lot of new coins available for a relatively small number of people - but I suspect your idea of 'active members' is on the low side.

There were over 1900 new members this month - plus I would guess a fair few thousand existing members who check in at least a few times during the month.

There have been over 200K page views per day for many days this month.
You can't look at the 'average page views per day' figure in the general statistics - as it presumably calculates for the entire period the forum has been running - and many of the older values are zeroed.

Anyway - I don't know what the real figure for how many 'active users' there are of the forum - but I strongly suspect it's more like 10K or more.  
1K sounds way too low based on the available forum stats.

fastandfurious

View Profile
November 30, 2011, 11:04:49 AM

I agree in general with your sentiment that there are a lot of new coins available for a relatively small number of people - but I suspect your idea of 'active members' is on the low side.

There were over 1900 new members this month - plus I would guess a fair few thousand existing members who check in at least a few times during the month.

There have been over 200K page views per day for many days this month.
You can't look at the 'average page views per day' figure in the general statistics - as it presumably calculates for the entire period the forum has been running - and many of the older values are zeroed.

Anyway - I don't know what the real figure for how many 'active users' there are of the forum - but I strongly suspect it's more like 10K or more.  
1K sounds way too low based on the available forum stats.

10 000 is to high, maybe 1000 is to low, but as I see it at this high inflation environment Bitcoin needs at least 3000-4000 active users to sustain the price at this levels.

It would be interesting if someone could show that number, total active users the last month.
julz (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 30, 2011, 11:09:19 AM

10 000 is to high, maybe 1000 is to low, but as I see it at this high inflation environment Bitcoin needs at least 3000-4000 active users to sustain the price at this levels.

Looks like at least 5Million page views in November -   take 5M / 1K people - you'd get an average of 5500 page views per person.  Now sure - some people do a lot of clicking around in a forum - but I don't think an average of 5500 per person is anywhere near reasonable.   10K people and 550 page views per person on average?  Well I'm still guessing wildly - but it passes my sniff test a bit better.

(and I guess there would be a number of hits from non forum members of course)

I think at least 3000-4000 active users is *easily* what we have now.

It would be interesting if someone could show that number, total active users the last month.

Agreed.. I hope someone has a better estimate.

fastandfurious

View Profile
November 30, 2011, 11:15:13 AM

Looks like at least 5Million page views in November -   take 5M / 1K people - you'd get an average of 5500 page views per person.  Now sure - some people do a lot of clicking around in a forum - but I don't think an average of 5500 per person is anywhere near reasonable.   10K people and 550 page views per person on average?  Well I'm still guessing wildly - but it passes my sniff test a bit better.

(and I guess there would be a number of hits from non forum members of course)

I think at least 3000-4000 active users is *easily* what we have now.

Agreed.. I hope someone has a better estimate.

Your point of view is probably right, 1000 active users are to low, but still, what number is it, is it 2000-3000, or is it double of that.
julz (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 30, 2011, 11:22:30 AM

Well back to the topic..  even if this show does hit millions of eyeballs, I'm not expecting that to translate to sudden Bitcoin interest.

Judging by the casting notes - it looks like Bitcoin will be covered as some sort of shady,risky,illegal thing.
Is there an uptick in cocaine use when a major TV crime show features cops and lawyers chasing users?
I'm guessing not, and similarly - I don't expect this to bring the hordes to bitcoin.

It might get a few people intrigued, or at least make them more likely to read when they later come across the word bitcoin online, so in a way it's still a good bit of publicity (I hope!)

fastandfurious

View Profile
November 30, 2011, 11:29:36 AM

Well back to the topic..  even if this show does hit millions of eyeballs, I'm not expecting that to translate to sudden Bitcoin interest.

Judging by the casting notes - it looks like Bitcoin will be covered as some sort of shady,risky,illegal thing.
Is there an uptick in cocaine use when a major TV crime show features cops and lawyers chasing users?
I'm guessing not, and similarly - I don't expect this to bring the hordes to bitcoin.

It might get a few people intrigued, or at least make them more likely to read when they later come across the word bitcoin online, so in a way it's still a good bit of publicity (I hope!)

If it airs to 13 million people, and if Bitcoin is mentioned many times in the episode it will bring some interest, the problem is that it can be a short term thing. The positive part is that it is at a time when the Bitcoin Economy is shrinking and desperately needs something like that. It can give it a boost, no question about it, but how long time that will endure is a hard question to answer. As a risk/reward point of view, 3 dollars looks to be a to high price for the moment and it reflects the short term optimism.
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2011, 11:43:00 AM

If .0001% knew about cocaine a show about it would probably increase use by 10x.

Probably many will think it's a made up for the show thing. Later they'll be like "wait what, that's real what am I missing?"

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
julz (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 30, 2011, 11:58:57 AM

If .0001% knew about cocaine a show about it would probably increase use by 10x.

Probably many will think it's a made up for the show thing. Later they'll be like "wait what, that's real what am I missing?"

Yeah.. well honestly I don't know what to expect.  Perhaps cocaine was a bad example - maybe better would be some new designer drug X that nobody has heard of. I don't think it'd make people suddenly hunt for that, except for a few people already into drugs. So maybe this show will just push a few more of the IT savvy people towards bitcoin.
I recently encountered a young bloke studying IT at university who'd never heard of it - so the awareness is still pretty patchy despite all the coverage. What really pushes people towards something is if your peers are using it.

sadpandatech

Activity: 504

View Profile
November 30, 2011, 04:28:17 PM

Dudes, do some research before jizzing yourselves. Good Wife season 3 only has 12 episodes.

i did, and don't hurt yourself. ;p

Season 2 had 23 episodes. Season 3, Episode 12 does not even have a name yet and has not aired for season 3. So it is quite plausible that episodes 13+ just arn't on those lists you are looking at yet....

http://www.tv.com/shows/the-good-wife/season-3/

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

It is being worked on by smart people.  -DamienBlack
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
November 30, 2011, 04:35:51 PM

This is HILARIOUS.  Someone please tape it!!

Ok, I'm ready...

But I wonder if there's a better way.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
sadpandatech

View Profile
November 30, 2011, 04:46:46 PM

Season 2 had 23 episodes. Season 3, Episode 12 does not even have a name yet and has not aired for season 3. So it is quite plausible that episodes 13+ just arn't on those lists you are looking at yet....

http://www.tv.com/shows/the-good-wife/season-3/

I'm pretty sure that if CBS had renewed that show for 23 episodes it would show up on tv.com.

CBS is currently casting season 3 episodes of ‘The Good Wife’ which  stars  Julianna Margulies. The an hourlong drama for CBS is about the wife of a politician who returns to her law practice after her husband goes to jail.

Filming of season 3 will be on going until about early April 2012. Casting directors are seeking men and women, any ethnicity, ages 18+ for principal roles and background extras. AFTRA preferred but not required.

If you are interested in working on this show please forward your headshot and resume to: Mark Saks, 270 Lafayette St., Suite 200, NYC 10012.

Background extras should forward color photo snapshot or/headshot and contact info to: Comer Casting, 336 W. 37th St., Suite 315, NYC 10018 or email comercasting@gmail.com.  Please put ‘The Good Wife Background Extras’ in the

http://www.leadcastingcall.com/cbscasting-season-3-episodes-of-the-good-wife/

While, it is certainly possible the Bitcoin thing was made up, I see no reason to believe CBS only ordered 12 episodes this season. Unless you have a link to info stating such, I have to belive otherwise.

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

sadpandatech

View Profile
November 30, 2011, 04:56:16 PM

Touche. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

waiting sucks. Hopefully by the time they get the Dec.4 episode out the next few will be announced.

- GA

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: