Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:07:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin in tv show -The Good Wife - Episode 3.13 - Finding Mr. Bitcoin  (Read 34576 times)
BTCurious

Activity: 714
Merit: 504

^SEM img of Si wafer edge, scanned 2012-3-12.

View Profile
January 17, 2012, 12:02:20 PM

Do the writers or the producers have a bitcoin donation address?

You know, I was thinking about that. Maybe we could whip together a little 'care package' from Bitbrew to their office.  I believe Edd was working on some Bitcoin coffee mugs for a package we are sending out to the folks at Archive.org.  I'd give a coin or 2 for that, if there is interest.
I'd add some too, those people have been great. I'd want it to reach the person/people responsible though, which I guess is one of the writers, but for all I know the janitor could be a bitcoin whiz with enough charisma to convince everyone.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Technomage
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1056

Affordable Physical Bitcoins - Denarium.com

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2012, 12:03:54 PM

I'll donate something toward this package as well. We just need someone to organize it.

Denarium closing sale discounts now up to 43%! Check out our products from here!
BTCurious

View Profile
January 17, 2012, 12:09:48 PM

Someone doing this should make sure it's for "displaying Bitcoin in a technically accurate way", and not for "blatant promotion of Bitcoin". The latter might look awkward Roll Eyes

EhVedadoOAnonimato

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 17, 2012, 12:13:58 PM

I would contribute to a similar gift to Joshua Davis as well. I'm pretty sure it was his article that inspired the producers of Good Wife to make this episode. It was a good piece that he wrote.
edd
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2012, 12:32:22 PM

You know, I was thinking about that. Maybe we could whip together a little 'care package' from Bitbrew to their office.  I believe Edd was working on some Bitcoin coffee mugs for a package we are sending out to the folks at Archive.org.  I'd give a coin or 2 for that, if there is interest.

I'm more than happy to put together another package for the producers at The Good Wife. Do you think they have a seperate office just for that show?

Still around.
sadpandatech

Activity: 504

View Profile
January 17, 2012, 12:40:18 PM

I'm more than happy to put together another package for the producers at The Good Wife. Do you think they have a seperate office just for that show?

We'll have to do a little research to find out. Were you able to have some coffee mugs made already?  And if you'd like to start us an addy for The Good Wife, that'd be awesome.

You're like the messiah of coffee. Just say your name and Bitbrew in one sentence. And Poof!

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

It is being worked on by smart people.  -DamienBlack
paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2012, 12:41:44 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=59908 could be related... ?

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
sadpandatech

View Profile
January 17, 2012, 12:51:01 PM
Last edit: January 17, 2012, 01:19:33 PM by sadpandatech

~20k hits in just the past day or so? That's insane. highly probable, that it's related?

Good Wife info;  According to Wiki, Robert King and his wife, Michelle King are the creators of the series. Not sure if they would be the writers of each episode though.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Good_Wife_(TV_series)
http://www.cbs.com/shows/the_good_wife/

You know who would likely know how to contact them? The casting agent, whose info is all over the net from the last episode... *hunting*

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

BTCurious

View Profile
January 17, 2012, 01:12:15 PM

~20k hits in just the past day or so? That's insane. highly probable, that it's related?

Good Wife info;  According to Wiki, Robert King and his wife, Michelle King are the creators of the series. Not sure if they would be the writers of each episode though.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Good_Wife_(TV_series)
http://www.cbs.com/shows/the_good_wife/

You know who would likely know how to contact them? The casting agent, whose info is all over the net formt he last episode... *hunting*
I've left a comment on their Google+ page. Their facebook page is spammed by hundreds of comments daily, but the Google+ one is very silent. I'm hoping the PR person monitoring that can give me some information on who to contact.

phatsphere

Activity: 763

View Profile
January 17, 2012, 01:19:02 PM

I've left a comment on their Google+ page.
You can also try to send a short DM (not a tweet) via twitter.
sadpandatech

View Profile
January 17, 2012, 01:41:36 PM

Sounds good. I called up CBS and was sent over to the 'publicity' department where I left a message for Steve. There is one other number for 'Audience Services' I am going to try. I found it here; http://www.cbs.com/info/user_services/info_faq_personalities.shtml
Strangely The Good Wife is not listed, which leads me to think it may be handled directly through Scott Free Productions(Ridley Scott). Will keep hunting until I can say for sure.

edit; 10AM office time. I want to work in that office. ;p

cheers

- GA

BTCurious

View Profile
January 17, 2012, 01:44:09 PM

I don't have twitter. Maybe someone else could try this? Don't know how many DMs they get on twitter though.

sadpandatech

View Profile
January 17, 2012, 01:49:32 PM
Last edit: January 17, 2012, 02:19:48 PM by sadpandatech

I found some very interesting info here; http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2011/09/21/robert-and-michelle-king-inside-the-good-wife-writers-room.html

"The Good Wife—this season moving to a new night and time (Sundays at 9 p.m.)—is hard-hitting drama at its best. So it’s all the more surprising that the writers’ room appears almost serene, even as the clock ticks away. This is not your typical writers’ room, a litter-strewn battlefield where exhausted scribes butt heads, argue, and quaff vast quantities of coffee. Here, on a quiet studio lot in Culver City, supervising producer Corinne Brinkerhoff—who runs the @GoodWifeWriters Twitter feed with Meredith Averill—stands at a whiteboard"   Cool

From the best I can gather it all appears to be overseen by the King's in an office in CA..  Might want to DM to the twitter feed listed there, @GoodWifeWriters

I will see if I can track down company info on that studio.

edit; nice list of writers names here in the listing for the WGA award they are nominated for this year; http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2901688/awards

- GA

edd
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2012, 02:18:35 PM

We'll have to do a little research to find out. Were you able to have some coffee mugs made already?  And if you'd like to start us an addy for The Good Wife, that'd be awesome.

You're like the messiah of coffee. Just say your name and Bitbrew in one sentence. And Poof!

I haven't had the mugs made, yet. Been busy and haven't really found a something I'm enthusiastic about putting my name on. I'm going to try a local guy today and see how soon I can get that package to archive.org out.

Still around.
SkRRJyTC
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 17, 2012, 02:56:34 PM

My co worker just had a very excited conversation with me about the Good Wife and he is thrilled that BTC is a real thing.  If I tried to talk to my co workers about BTC before they thought I was crazy.  Now its real to them.
sadpandatech

View Profile
January 17, 2012, 03:18:01 PM

I believe I've narrowed it down a bit. Atleast, I am fairly certain the office the writers are located at is some place inside Culver Studios, in Culver City CA. It is like 6AM there so later this afternoon I will see if I can get some better details on which office is theirs and hopefully find a public number for them.  Anyone with an IMDB acct may be able to pull the proper contact info.. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2148561/fullcredits#writers

- GA

teflone

Activity: 770

You're fat, because you dont have any pics on FB

View Profile
January 17, 2012, 03:38:02 PM

FWIW..

After the show, several friends of mine on facebook contacted me about bitcoin, as I post bitcoin related stuff from time to time.
All of them what to know everything about it, how to get it, how to mine it, where to use it, and so forth.

These friends of mine all heard the word "bitcoin" before, but only took action to find more about it AFTER the show..

Like someone posted earlier, Its now "real" to them...

Food for thought.. Smiley

For Canadians by Canadians: Canada's Bitcoin Community - https://www.coinforum.ca/
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
January 17, 2012, 04:35:10 PM

You know, instead of trying to hunt these guys down, you can just ask Bruce...

teflone

Activity: 770

You're fat, because you dont have any pics on FB

View Profile
January 17, 2012, 04:51:42 PM

Bruce who ?  Roll Eyes

For Canadians by Canadians: Canada's Bitcoin Community - https://www.coinforum.ca/
sadpandatech

View Profile
January 17, 2012, 05:18:09 PM

What leads you to believe he would have connections to the writers in California? I know he had access to some of the cast members in NY, but was not aware of anything else...

- GA

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: