Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 02:56:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for BTC fork claim service  (Read 87 times)
Beerwizzard (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 148

View Profile
April 13, 2021, 02:00:44 PM

Hey there!

I remember that I've seen a service that could claim all my BTC forks.

can anyone share a link to such service? Could be nice if some exchange is providing such services so I could save on fees.

Thanks in advance Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mocacinno
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4922

https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2021, 02:06:12 PM
Merited by LeGaulois (1)

Hey there!

can anyone share a link to such service? Could be nice if some exchange is providing such services so I could save on fees.

Thanks in advance Smiley

In order for that to work, you'd have to export the private key for all addresses that are currently funded and import them into the exchange (or give them your seed phrase)... That would be the only way an exchange could ever provide such a service. Same goes for any other service that would help you claim those forks automatically: the only way they can provide this service is if you give them access to your private key(s) or seed phrase. Theoretically, they could also work with an address or an xpub, but then you'd have to sign a bunch of transactions manually, which might turn out to be even harder than just claiming the forks yourself straight away.

The main question would be why you don't claim those forked coins yourself? I mean, i'd never give access to my private keys to anybody else... Especially not to claim a handfull of crapcoins that have allmost no value. Just make sure you move all your BTC to a new address before you attempt claiming forks, then work your way from the most stable and valuable forks to the least stable coins... That way, there isn't that much that can happen... Just make sure your BTC is safe, that's the important part.

I once wrote a script to help you determine if you had funds on forked chains and what their value might have been... But it's not maintained and it probably no longer works unless somebody is willing to invest some time in it:
https://github.com/mocacinno/mocacinnoforkchecker

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Beerwizzard (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 148

View Profile
April 13, 2021, 02:37:25 PM

Hey there!

Thanks in advance Smiley

In order for that to work, you'd have to export the private key for all addresses that are currently funded and import them into the exchange (or give them your seed phrase)... That would be the only way an exchange could ever provide such a service. Same goes for any other service that would help you claim those forks automatically: the only way they can provide this service is if you give them access to your private key(s) or seed phrase. Theoretically, they could also work with an address or an xpub, but then you'd have to sign a bunch of transactions manually, which might turn out to be even harder than just claiming the forks yourself straight away.

The main question would be why you don't claim those forked coins yourself? I mean, i'd never give access to my private keys to anybody else... Especially not to claim a handfull of crapcoins that have allmost no value. Just make sure you move all your BTC to a new address before you attempt claiming forks, then work your way from the most stable and valuable forks to the least stable coins... That way, there isn't that much that can happen... Just make sure your BTC is safe, that's the important part.

I once wrote a script to help you determine if you had funds on forked chains and what their value might have been... But it's not maintained and it probably no longer works unless somebody is willing to invest some time in it:
https://github.com/mocacinno/mocacinnoforkchecker

I believe that some years ago i've seen a link to some centralized service that offered to claim all btc forks at once and it seemed more or less legit.

I'm just checking if there a chance to claim them at once to a single exchange account and exchange all forks to another coin. The problem is that I not a BTC billioneare and these forks probably aint worth shit so most likely I would just spend all claimed coins for fees.
Ofc I am going to empty my wallet before using my keys in centralized service. So if it exists, my transactions should be safe.

Thanks for a link btw, gonna try it Smiley
LoyceMobile

Activity: 1655
Merit: 687

LoyceV on the road. Or couch.

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2021, 02:41:14 PM

I have a thread for this on the Services board. Most Forks aren't worth it, I only extract the good ones.

Talk to LoyceV if you're interested.

LoyceV on the road Advertise here for LN Don't deal with this account (exception)
Advertise here for LN Tip my kids Exchange LN (20 coins). 1% fee. No KYC <€50/month
My useful topics: Meritt & Trust & Moreee Art Advertise here for LN Foru[url=https://bitcointalk.org/m
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 6133

View Profile
April 13, 2021, 02:44:52 PM

I believe you're referring to walleting.services: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2434261.0

Which is no longer functional. Valuable forks should be supported by multicoin wallets like Coinomi anyway. You can simply install the wallet and sweep the private keys yourself.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 16655

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2021, 03:35:18 PM
Merited by OmegaStarScream (2)

You can simply install the wallet and sweep the private keys yourself.
Due to the lack of replay protection in some Forks, that may or may not send coins on the other chains too. You'll need some split Fork dust to ensure replay protection.

These are the Forks I deem worth it:
BCH: $480
BSV: $180
BCH-A: $14
BTG: $25
BCD: $9
(currently worth around $1000+ per old Bitcoin owned at Fork date in total)

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: