Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 08:54:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Has the world become greedier since BTC?  (Read 1039 times)
hatshepsut93
Legendary

Activity: 2996
Merit: 2148

View Profile
April 24, 2021, 03:41:35 PM

Bitcoin didn't change anything, people were always looking for increasing their wealth ever since the society was established. Merchants were trading goods and making profits thousands of years ago, stocks have existed for hundreds of years, and the same things that you observe in Bitcoin community can be found in any other investment circle.

Also, you can't blame Bitcoin for making society more materialistic, because Bitcoin isn't even widely known. If you start asking people on the streets, hardly anyone owns Bitcoin, most just heard about it a few times, and some people don't even know what it is.
molsewid

Activity: 2170
Merit: 530

View Profile
April 24, 2021, 04:04:14 PM

Bitcoin didn't change anything, people were always looking for increasing their wealth ever since the society was established. Merchants were trading goods and making profits thousands of years ago, stocks have existed for hundreds of years, and the same things that you observe in Bitcoin community can be found in any other investment circle.

Also, you can't blame Bitcoin for making society more materialistic, because Bitcoin isn't even widely known. If you start asking people on the streets, hardly anyone owns Bitcoin, most just heard about it a few times, and some people don't even know what it is.
Precisely, bitcoin didn't change anything or even the manner of the people that lead to greediness because even before bitcoin was made and existed people already have this. The society that we are belong has already the standards and social economic level of people that classify people whether a rich or poor. What I have realized bitcoin was given to us was a previlege to give chance to ourselves to find the things that we know we would love to dealt with and at the same time we can benefit it from.
Argoo

Activity: 2310
Merit: 227

View Profile
April 24, 2021, 05:06:31 PM

Since BTC and crypto everyone wants to get rich and earn a lot of $. Everywhere you look it's the same story, be it BTC or any other shitcoin. It's obvious not everyone will make it.

Yeah, getting rich is nice and I also hope it will happen for myself but I feel the society is becoming way too materialistic. Also the greediness level seems very high, everyone want to get more and more.

What's your view on this?
Of course, many now want to get rich with cryptocurrency. In my opinion, this is a normal desire. However, this reminds me of the "gold rush" period. Many people now invest in bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies, and then, in a panic, sell it with a sharp drop in price, suffering losses. This has happened many times before, and probably it will be so more than once.
Ridwan Fauzi

Activity: 1330
Merit: 147

View Profile
April 24, 2021, 05:17:10 PM

That is fine if you know the rule, I mean bitcoin is able to giving you an instant profit, as an example you spend money $100.000 as your first capital to invest in bitcoin. You bought it at the lower price let say $30.000 and you just need several days to double your capital and you getting rich with an instant way right?

But, that situation need a knowledge not depend on the luck alone. This is what you see to the most people who just know bitcoin, they buy bitcoin in the FOMO situation without know how its price movement before. At the end they will lose their money and make a bad statement against bitcoin. That is really bad condition because will make bitcoin more volatile and regulatory restrictions from some countries.

kolbalish

Activity: 627
Merit: 14

Crypto Article Sharer!!!

View Profile
April 24, 2021, 06:00:10 PM

Maybe it's happening, since the start of BTC people didn't know about cryptocurrency well and then BTC started to introduce itself as a reliable currency but it takes much time to set its position. When people show the advantages of using crypto then they feel interested to use it. Day by day it becomes a valid and demanding way of exchange and investment so now this time people increasingly want to accept BTC.

isaac_clarke22

Activity: 1596
Merit: 264

View Profile
April 24, 2021, 06:03:51 PM

~
Well they're becoming more materialistic because of those social media influencers anyway.
Now that many people are dreaming to buy Tesla because BTC is now adopting it as a payment method to buy one.
BTC is just a decentralized crypto, and it doesn't have that kind of magic power to manipulate people.
It is just that it opened another way to buy one. Through the convenience of it , people got to hyped up to pursue buying one.
ILuckyGuyI

Activity: 2128
Merit: 478

View Profile
April 24, 2021, 06:19:41 PM

Greediness increased very highly especially in the last one year. I've seen many people who even sold their everything and invested it into cryptocurrencies. This is really an insane idea. And it also causes people to go into depression and even to commit suicide.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Natsuu

Activity: 1148
Merit: 158

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
April 24, 2021, 06:23:43 PM

This event only EXPOSES the greediness of the people. You can see different kinds of people who doesn't even want to risk anything but as soon as they've seen success, they go, that's just how it is , and who people are. It's the very basics of advertising and marketing.

watergold

Activity: 1218
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 24, 2021, 06:28:18 PM

Since BTC and crypto everyone wants to get rich and earn a lot of $. Everywhere you look it's the same story, be it BTC or any other shitcoin. It's obvious not everyone will make it.

well, that is the phenomenon of greed that cannot be stopped, because it involves the endless satisfaction of each individual who just wants to keep racing to collect all that is desired. this cannot be prevented individually. to be honest, the aggressiveness of traders and investors is almost indistinguishable which one is really cultivating and which one is just taking profits without looking in the other direction from the positive side of bitcoin.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
     ▄▀█▀█ █████████████▄▄
   ▄██ █ █▄████████████████▄
  ██ █ ██▀█ █████████████████
 █▀█▄█▄▀█▄██▄█████████████████
██ █ ██ ██ ██▄▀████████████████
███▀█▀██ ███▀███▀██████████████
███▄██ ██▄▀██▄███▄█████████████
 ███▄▀██▀██▄▀██▄▀██▄▀▀████████
  █████▀█▄█▀█▄▀▀██▄▀▀██▄▄▀█▀█
   ▀████▄███▄█▀█▄▄▀▀▀█▄▄█▀█▀
     ▀▀████▄▀██▄▄█▀▀█▄▄▄▀▀
         ▀▀▀██▄▄███▀▀▀
1xBit.com BENEFIT SEASON
       ▄▄███████████▄▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
  ▄██████████████████████▄
 █████████████████████████
██████████████████████████▌
████████████████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████████████
        █    █▄   █
        ▀▀▄    ▀▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
           ▀▀▄    ▀▀▄▄█      ▄▀
              ▀▀▄     █▀▀▄▄  █
                 ▀▀▄  █   ▄█▀
                    ▀▀█▄▀▀
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
PLAY NOW
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
bitzizzix

Activity: 2422
Merit: 448

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
April 24, 2021, 07:08:03 PM

well, that is the phenomenon of greed that cannot be stopped, because it involves the endless satisfaction of each individual who just wants to keep racing to collect all that is desired. this cannot be prevented individually. to be honest, the aggressiveness of traders and investors is almost indistinguishable which one is really cultivating and which one is just taking profits without looking in the other direction from the positive side of bitcoin.
In my opinion, it does not mean that greed and momentum to reach heights have been long awaited and it is only natural that they sell because they have already made big profits.
and it's their right and in investing they have a different strategy and just to get a big profit.
And with the increase in bitcoin more people will be involved, so there's no need to worry about the increase happening again in the long run.

B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
Jemzx00

Activity: 1484
Merit: 546

Be nice!

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2021, 07:30:15 PM

In my opinion, it does not mean that greed and momentum to reach heights have been long awaited and it is only natural that they sell because they have already made big profits.
and it's their right and in investing they have a different strategy and just to get a big profit.
And with the increase in bitcoin more people will be involved, so there's no need to worry about the increase happening again in the long run.
Greed is the most common thing that every humans have which is also the reason why there are so many things that happens bad. Each individual person wants to get rich no matter what and this is the reason why people won't stop even if they are already gaining. It is also the reason why people hold their coins no matter how much loss they are because they set their sight on the high value on the future of crypto.
But that doesn't mean that greed is totally bad rather having too much of greed is what we should be concern about. Remember that " You shouldn't come closer to the sun".

▒▒▒▒   ▒▒▒▒▒
                           ▒▒▒▒   ▒▒▒▒▒
                  ▒▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▒▒▄▄▄
                  ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄
                       ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒     ▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
                       ▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒         ▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌
            ▒▒▒                                 ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒ ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
           ▐▒▒▒▓▒▀▀▀▀▒▓▒▒ ▄▓▒▒  ▀▀▀▒▒▓  ▓▒▄▓▒▒ ▐▒▒  ▐▒▒▒▓▒▓  ▒▒▒
      ▄▄   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄▄ ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▄▓▓    ▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓  ▓▓▓▐▓▓▌  ▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓  ▓▓▓▒▓▓    ▐▓▓ ▓▓░▓▓ ▄▓▓▀     ▄▓▓▓▓  ▓▓▓  ▐▓▓▌▓▓▓  ▓▓▓
     ▀▓▓▓▓▓▀ ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▓▓▓ ▓▓▓▓▓▓▌▄▓▓▀ ▓▓▓ ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▀ ▀▓▓▓▓▓▀
                        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                       ▐▒▒▒▒▒▓▓         ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                  ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▀▀▀
                          ▐▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▌
                          ▐▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▌
..Jemzx00..██  ██
██  ██
   ██
██  ██
██  ██
   ██
██  ██
██  ██
   ██
██  ██
██  ██
   ██
██  ██
.Bounty Manager and Filipino Translator.
Experienced | Fast and Efficient | Spam-Free | Trusted | Budget Friendly
██  ██
██  ██
   ██
██  ██
██  ██
   ██
██  ██
██  ██
   ██
██  ██
██  ██
   ██
██  ██
..Jemzx00..
                           ▒▒▒▒   ▒▒▒▒▒
                           ▒▒▒▒   ▒▒▒▒▒
                  ▒▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▒▒▄▄▄
                  ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄
                       ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒     ▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
            ▒▒▒                                 ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒ ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
           ▐▒▒▒▓▒▀▀▀▀▒▓▒▒ ▄▓▒▒  ▀▀▀▒▒▓  ▓▒▄▓▒▒ ▐▒▒  ▐▒▒▒▓▒▓  ▒▒▒
      ▄▄   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄▄ ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▄▓▓    ▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓  ▓▓▓▐▓▓▌  ▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓  ▓▓▓▒▓▓    ▐▓▓ ▓▓░▓▓ ▄▓▓▀     ▄▓▓▓▓  ▓▓▓  ▐▓▓▌▓▓▓  ▓▓▓
     ▀▓▓▓▓▓▀ ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▓▓▓ ▓▓▓▓▓▓▌▄▓▓▀ ▓▓▓ ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▀ ▀▓▓▓▓▓▀
                        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                       ▐▒▒▒▒▒▓▓         ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                  ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▀▀▀
                          ▐▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▌
                          ▐▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▌
serjent05
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 1258

View Profile
April 24, 2021, 08:01:24 PM

Yeah, getting rich is nice and I also hope it will happen for myself but I feel the society is becoming way too materialistic. Also the greediness level seems very high, everyone want to get more and more.

It isn't only Bitcoin but all things that is related to profit.  Greed is one of peoples trait so it is not surprising that when an opportunity appears, people tend to get greedy of it regardless of the nature of the opportunity.  People had been greedy even before BTC is created.  The best example is the distribution of wealth.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
izsara

Activity: 924
Merit: 15

View Profile
April 24, 2021, 08:10:40 PM

actually it's not wrong if everyone wants to be rich. because we now have to wrestle with money. and I am very sure that I, you and even almost everyone in this forum all want to be rich and this is not materialistic but a necessity.
but bitcoin is only one option so that we are rich so why don't we do it well and learn in a good way and get to know the ins and outs of the crypto world.
everyone has ambition and also everyone has a chance as long as they want to mean it

██                      ►          ⦁               1xBit.com     │     S p o r t s b o o k   &   C a s i n o               ⦁          ◀                      ██
                  WELCOME BONUS UP TO 7 BTC!                  ♣
██  ██████████████          ■                   30+ ALTCOINS AVAILABLE                   ■          ██████████████  ██
raji1995naya

Activity: 812
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 24, 2021, 08:29:49 PM

Governments all over the world are printing money like crazy right now, as shown by furloughs in the UK and free cash handed away in AmericaThings can return to normal, whatever that means, once Covid has settled down.People who invest in crypto currencies are more greedy because they believe they will become wealthy instantly.
dunfida
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 1139

View Profile
April 24, 2021, 08:57:34 PM

It isn't only Bitcoin but all things that is related to profit.  Greed is one of peoples trait so it is not surprising that when an opportunity appears, people tend to get greedy of it regardless of the nature of the opportunity.  People had been greedy even before BTC is created.  The best example is the distribution of wealth.
Fact and we shouldnt really put up some emphasis only in BTC because these greedy behaviors had been existing already on traditional markets or even with those typical businesses that we do had

or into things that do really connects to profits which human behaviors would be typically on this area most of the time.Whom wouldnt consider on making more money?

This is our main priority in life because money is really important and dealing up with things correlates to it is just a typical thing.

Kamarah

Activity: 268
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 24, 2021, 11:03:36 PM

People who have been greedy. Taking money is what everyone wants because money gives them a comfortable and comfortable life both material and mentally. Bitcoin causes humans to become greedy. Bitcoin profits are huge it can help you rich in rapidly possible after a short time. But according to me this is not bad because not everyone has a understanding and boldly spends money to invest Bitcoin. I support this rich way. I am also enriched from Bitcoin.

ecnalubma

Activity: 1526
Merit: 420

View Profile
April 24, 2021, 11:18:03 PM

The world is already full of greediness even before the Bitcoin era. We are all greedy but depends on what level we have, but if we use greed for good I think its all good. People jump in to invest in Bitcoin for they believe that it might change their lives and give their families a better living.
CaVO32

Activity: 1848
Merit: 158

View Profile
April 24, 2021, 11:26:22 PM

The world is already full of greediness even before the Bitcoin era. We are all greedy but depends on what level we have, but if we use greed for good I think its all good. People jump in to invest in Bitcoin for they believe that it might change their lives and give their families a better living.

I can agree with that. Human beings are born greedy. So we don't know if the rise of bitcoin, people become greedier. We can't measure the greediness, right?  Wink But if people learn how to use this human nature into something positive, why not? This is how we survive. We learn the ropes of how to use our innate skills to survive in this world. Without our tenacity, would be hard to counterattack the changes in our environment.
Hippocrypto

Activity: 1484
Merit: 277

View Profile
April 24, 2021, 11:52:16 PM

Indeed, every people's mindset is to get rich on thing they don't really need to because it by influence on many technology advancement.
What they've seen from other individuals is what makes them desire for more without satisfaction. Just like what had happened from the past frustrations I had, all opportunities have been lost due to greediness from failure of expectations.
Kemarit
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 1357

View Profile
April 25, 2021, 12:48:09 AM

It's part of human history, everyone is greedy, from the rise of Roman empire to WWII. So I don't think that Bitcoin help to accelerate it, Wall Street have been doing this for half a century, making money out of thin air, running Ponzi schemes etc.

And so there's no need to put a blame of Bitcoin, well at least people understand how someone increases his wealth overtime.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀