Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 07:49:54 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The change in buying and selling in society is the effect of the internet  (Read 522 times)
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3556
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
May 06, 2021, 06:32:28 PM

The advent of the Internet made the world change. In the past, people who wanted to shop for anything had to go directly to markets, shops, and supermarkets. Now in the modern age - the era of technology 4.0, just stay at home with a phone or computer connected to the Internet to buy everything you need. It saves you time. So online business is very developed. Society now only needs money to shop at home.
I agree with you on that. People keep talking about "small business dying" because of internet as well, but in reality any business that can go online could actually survive very well and that is a good thing. Almost anyone can start an online shop these days which means anyone could make money. My spouse sold some glass paintings they made, even though they sold like 10-15 of them and not much but that was something they could never even imagine if they wanted to in any other case, that is the good part and that is why I like it so much.

Internet brought the world to our home, we can live in Australia and sell something to Germany and that type of power is not something you could have in the shop around the corner. It is not making people lazy, on contrary it is making people work harder and harder because they see success on the internet business and join themselves.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1344

View Profile
May 06, 2021, 06:58:21 PM

The way things were done in the past have changed from what it is. In the area of buying and sell especially, you can stay in your house and do all your shopping all because of the availability of the internet. Before this time, the internet was majorly used for sending of email and other short and non elaborate internet activities but all that has changed to real marketing online.
This has changed the economic system in no small extent that people prefer not to go to the market physically but go stay back home and in there comfort do the buying and selling.

Is the internet making people lazy or what do you think?
It is not about being lazy this is about being more efficient, before the pandemic I preferred most of my purchases to be done in a physical store as it was important for me to not wait for delivery and get my product immediately, but with the pandemic and the desire to avoid exposing myself I had no option but to rely on online purchases to do this and now even if the pandemic is slowly subsiding I think I am going to keep going this route as it is simply more efficient.

▄██▄▄                          ▄████
             ▄█▀   ▀▀▄▄                    ▄█▀▀   ▀█▄
            █▀         ▀▄                ▄█▀        █▄
           █▀   ▄█▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀      ▀▄   █▄
          ▄█   ▄█▀███▄▄                          █   ▀█
          █    ▀   ▀████▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        █   █▄
          █         ▀████████████████████████▄▄▄      ██
         ██        ▄██████████████████████████████▄    ▀█▄
        ▄█▀     ▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████████▄▄   ▀█▄
      ▄█▀     █████████████              ▀▀████████████▄   █▄
    ▄█▀        ▄██████████████▀▀█▄    ▄▄     █  ▀██ ▀███▄   ██
   ███▄▄     ▄███████████▀▀           ▀██▄        ▀  ▀▀     █▀
     █▀     ███████████▀                               ▄▀   ██
    █▀    ▄██████████▀                       ▄▄▄       ▀   ▄█
   █▀    ▄██████████▀           ▄▄      ▀▀████████▄         ▀██▄
  █▀    ▄███████████          ▄██▀   ▀▀█▄   ▀███████▄▄▄██▄▄   ▀██▄
 █▀     ▀▀▀▀▀▀██████         ████      ▀██▄  ▀████████   ▀▀▀    ▀█▄
▄█              ▀▀█           ████  ▄▄█▄▄███▄  ▀██████           ▀█▄
██▄▄▄▄▄                       █████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀████▄           ██
       ▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄                █████▄▄▄            ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▄██
               ▀▀▀▄▄           ▀█████████████████▄▄          ▄▀▀▀
                    ▀▀▄▄         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀
                        ▀
.BETFURY..
|
         ▄▄▄▄▄████▀▄▄▄
      ▄███▀▀▀█▀▀  ▄████▄
    ▄██     ▀       ▀▀███▄
  ▄██   ▄██▄    ▄█▄   ▀████▄
 ██▀    ████▀▀▀▀▀▀█     ▀███
██▀   ▄███   ███▄▄▄█▄    ▀███
██    ███  ▄█▀▀█▀▀███     ███
██    ███▄▄██ █▄█▄ ███    ██▀
██        ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀     ██
██▄   ▄  ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄  ▄▄     ▄█▀
 ██▄█▀  █▄▄█ █▄  █ ▄▄   ▄██
  ███   █▄▄█ █   █▄▄█  ▄█▀
   ████▄             ▄██▀
    ▀█▀█▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
       ▀▀▀████▀▀▀▀
WIN REAL CRYPTO IN THE REAL DROP
JOIN $20,000,000 CRYPTODROP
|Join Fury Game
Get Free Crypto
BFG, USDT, BTC, ETH
|▄████████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
████▀▀▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀████
████▄ ▀█▄ ▀██████▀  ▄█████
██████▄ ▀█▄ ▀██▀  ▄███████
████████▄ ▀█▄   ▄█████████
██████████▄ ██ ▀██████████
█████████▀   ▀█▄ ▀████████
███████▀  ▄██▄ ▀█▄ ▀██████
█████▀  ▄██████▄ ▀█▄ ▀████
████▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄▄████
 ████████████████████████
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
...PLAY...
molsewid

Activity: 2170
Merit: 530

View Profile
May 06, 2021, 07:46:54 PM

I think internet didn't make people lazy but it is social media. If I am not wrong everyone has something called muscle memory that make human repeat their habbit. Internet just help improve the quality of the service in a business. Innovation always created for improve costumers satisfaction.
Yep, I agree with you mate. Internet doesn't make people lazy in fact it helps people in daily lives. For example sending email, we can send and receive immediately the message unlike when there is no internet it takes days before we receive the letter. Internet helps us to reconnect to our loved ones far from us. Also, we can buy online all the stuff that we need inside the comfort of our home and doesn't need to gou out which is very helpful in these days (pandemic). And about muscle memory I've read online that's the something bluish light came from our screen  makes us awake and stay longer in our screen. It's also the reason why most of the app are color blue. I am strong believer that internet help us a lot to make our life easier and better esp. buying online and selling. It makes people life easier, it gives people job they earn money and make feed their family, it helps the small businesses.
inoes

Activity: 1316
Merit: 254

United Crowd

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2021, 08:54:40 PM

The internet greatly affects how the economy of a society is. keep in mind that the internet is very fast at spreading information. from this information if the public receives it well, the internet will affect it. for example how to dress, type of car, drugs. it all depends on community members on whether to be creative or lazy.

Dogeum.io
████████████████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀█████████
██████ ▀██████▀      ▄██████
██████▄   ▀▀▀        ███████
██████▄             ▄███████
███████▄           ▄████████
██████▀▀▀        ▄██████████
███████▄▄     ▄▄████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
May 06, 2021, 09:13:19 PM

The way things were done in the past have changed from what it is. In the area of buying and sell especially, you can stay in your house and do all your shopping all because of the availability of the internet. Before this time, the internet was majorly used for sending of email and other short and non elaborate internet activities but all that has changed to real marketing online.
This has changed the economic system in no small extent that people prefer not to go to the market physically but go stay back home and in there comfort do the buying and selling.

^ I don’t think that the internet should be taken negatively as making people lazy because it is not.
I myself can guarantee that I will probably have been a drug addict or an unemployed parasite if I have not learned how to take advantage of the internet.
Internet is indeed changing the way of buying and selling. But it is actually a good one. Imagine there is a lot of people being employed because of that delivery platform? People can also protect themselves from being outdoors and be committed to an unwanted and unsafe crowd just to buy their stuff. So I don’t see any point in having the internet considered as negative.
jinxing

Activity: 276
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 06, 2021, 09:19:43 PM

In my opinion, the internet does not make people lazy to go shopping or buying and selling activities, it can make it easier for everyone. Many use internet features for business purposes, in the modern era like now, if you can't use the internet, it will actually make someone feel useless because you can't feel the benefits of this technological sophistication.
Hydrogen
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441

View Profile
May 06, 2021, 11:22:12 PM

As the size of the human population grows, new methods must be devised to boost productivity, transportation and efficiency to sustain growing demand for food, water, goods, living space and other necessities.

Gains in productivity and efficiency translate to less specialized skillsets and intelligence being necessary for survival. Over time challenges and obstacles which were historically difficult and non trivial become more geared to so-easy-a-caveman-could-do-it formats.

There are definitely avenues in which our growing technology influences our culture that are not being widely acknowledged. In the past, someone would have to read books to develop a good knowledge base. Today they need only visit google and do a keyword search to try to educate themselves on topics, they know little or nothing about. The game has definitely changed. And who knows what the long term implications might be.
tanjiran

Activity: 770
Merit: 113

View Profile
May 06, 2021, 11:23:07 PM

~

technological developments often bring two opposing things: 1. effectiveness in living, 2. making people comfortable with the help of technology so that they seem "lazy"

Yet the reality is not like that. although we also have to control ourselves so as not to be too dependent on comfort, we must have self control. technological developments are created to facilitate human activities, to make things more effective, not to make them "lazy". if there is an easy one, why should you choose a difficult one?

and the development of the internet has brought about major changes, including in terms of economy and lifestyle. work now does not have to be done in the office, even only from home and using t-shirts, we can do the job.

iphone5s

Activity: 862
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2021, 12:50:38 PM

If you say that the internet is at home and just lie there without doing anything outside the house, it is not healthy for you. Indeed the internet makes things instant until everyone just lives at home. This makes humans unhealthy because they don't do activities such as walking to the market. Even though you can exercise in the house but breathing the fresh air in the morning is better. But that's the development of the times we feel, like it or not, with all of this you have to follow it. Maybe if the earth could still survive, everything would be done digitally without any movement in everyone's chair or bed. Pathetic.
It all depends on the upbringing of a person and his personal qualities, which affect the perception of the environment and the way in which a person builds his life and what goals in life he is trying to achieve. there is a category of people who live on welfare, order pizza with the help of a messenger and spend the whole day in front of a TV or computer. And there are People for whom the Internet, as well as other high technologies of the modern world, provide vast opportunities for realizing their goals.

So is this all a good thing in your opinion? or it becomes a poison that will kill many people later. Everyone will be lazy to move and do activities with this person. But is there anything to do with the virus that comes at this time? These are the two things that make up the benefits and drawbacks of the internet. You should be grateful because there are still people in this world who cannot play the internet or have the technology to talk to other people.

zanezane

Activity: 868
Merit: 150

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
May 07, 2021, 01:11:30 PM

That's  part of things I don't really like doing on the internet... I mean constantly exposing your private info and things you buy on the internet to online stores (and people) who would end up knowing where you live. That's is alot of sensitive information to expose to people you don't know much about. It's abit strange that societies allowed this.
I think a proper decentralized p2p cryptocurrency with privacy/anonymity features could help in this regards without compromising on the security of a society.
The sad thing about data privacy online is that we don't arrive at a compromise that will satisfy both the users and the companies. You are right about decentralization but the problem that I see with it is that companies are able to get in to it and make their own rules.

bosede1

Activity: 714
Merit: 16

View Profile
May 07, 2021, 02:00:06 PM

We cannot say the internet is making one lazy if you talked about that what technology as a whole. For you having a washing machine, dishwashers and various electronics just for your comfort and easy way of life are we going to call all this Lazy. The Internet makes commercial business and all way easier for both sellers and traders. Though there are still some things you will prefer to see in the physical market if you don't want to regret your actions.

▀ ▄▀ ██ ▀ ▀████████████████     S E C O N D L I V E     ████████████████▀ ▀ ██ ▀▄ ▀
♦      CHOOSE LIFE      ♦     CHOOSE SPACE     ♦   CHOOSE FRIENDS   ♦
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1353

View Profile
May 07, 2021, 03:10:13 PM

There's a fine line between laziness and convenience IMO. Most are using online shopping services because it's more convenient and not time consuming as opposed to going to a physical store and looking for that certain item, only to realize that it's out of stock. Also, with the current situation that we are in, it's infinitely better to do your shopping online on trusted stores than to risk contracting COVID while trying to buy an item that you need/want. A lot of things really changed on the advent of the internet, and most of it thankfully are beneficial more than they are harmful to the ways of humans.
Xinarae*

Activity: 1414
Merit: 326

View Profile
May 07, 2021, 03:27:51 PM

The internet has made almost everything in the world easier technology has improved the world a lot. Entertainment and social engagement have emerged as the main attractions of the internet to users social media like facebook and twitter are booming many are using the internet just to play games messaging apps are becoming popular because people are now more interested in connecting with each other in the virtual world. People enjoy watching videos on youtube or spreading self-made videos on tickets online shopping on the internet has changed a lot.
DrBeer
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 1972

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2021, 06:35:38 PM

This is called progress, development Smiley This is a modification of the existing market, taking into account the current characteristics, trends and technologies. Now I almost do not go to the markets - it is easier for me to order in the networks I know, the products I know, and they will bring me home from, or where I need them. At the same time, I will not waste TIME and will take fuel for the car for the trip, this will compensate the cost of delivery. And I also have bonuses, promos and so on, which makes the final price even more profitable!
Living in Europe, I buy socks in the USA without trying them on, at a competitive price, with the pattern I want! And it is beneficial and convenient for me!
I mean business through a mobile phone, make payments for all services, manage finances, home security. I communicate through the phone with friends who live 10,000 km away!
Try to travel back 20-30 years and imagine what people would think of you if you told people all this? Smiley
This is progress, it will be even more interesting further!

...AoBT...
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████
The Alliance
of Bitcointalk
Translators
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███
████████████████▄
▄██
███████████████████▄
▄█
██████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
███████████████▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
..JOIN US..

▄███████████████████████▄
█████▀▀██████▀▀██▀▀▀▀████
████████▀██████████
████▄▄▄▄▀███████
███████▄▀▄█▀▀███████
████████████▀████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
█████

██████████
..HIRE US..
Stedsm
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1273

View Profile
May 07, 2021, 06:47:41 PM

--snip--

Let me not go too far with this and give you an awesome example nearby me. Here in India, we have Dalal Street.

There, the people used to deal with each other through signs (via their hands and fingers to determine how much they are buying or selling for which stock). Then came the online share trading platform, which increased a lot of convenience for those standing in huge crowd now able to do the same thing with a lot more advanced features from the comfort of their home. If internet wasn't there, how would that become possible? Just think.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
.SHUFFLE.COM..███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
...Next Generation Crypto Casino...
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1267

So anyway, I applied as a merit source :)

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2021, 06:14:01 AM

No. Those who wish to be lazy will always be lazy and those who want to be active will be active no matter what happens outside.

Technology helps mankind, that is the important part. However the statement applies more to the 1st and 2nd world countries. In many less developed nations they are still struggling to get a proper working 4G network let alone go with ordering things online. Though E-commerce sites are targeting them and trying to get things improved, progress is slow.

Now to get groceries, one who is diligent will skim through markets to see which one is least costly and by default the online ones will be more costly after their promotional periods run out. So things will change outside and people will also change. You can help it if your country brings in a lockdown on cities and you have to keep yourself indoors.

Also I dont see how this improved crypto acceptance at all. Not a single country has been lenient about allowing crypto neither are they talking steps to allow users to spend it, rather they are talking about persecuting those who already use it.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
RealMalatesta
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1124

View Profile
May 08, 2021, 10:16:18 AM

The internet has made almost everything in the world easier technology has improved the world a lot. Entertainment and social engagement have emerged as the main attractions of the internet to users social media like facebook and twitter are booming many are using the internet just to play games messaging apps are becoming popular because people are now more interested in connecting with each other in the virtual world. People enjoy watching videos on youtube or spreading self-made videos on tickets online shopping on the internet has changed a lot.
The reason why social media became more popular than anything else is the fact that it is free, and those companies collect your data and sell it while you are being the product. Obviously this has been said a million times but other companies are doing fine as well. Look at Amazon, it is a company that both sells something themselves and they also manage to handle others sales as well and it is not a free use thing, it is a market and they became the biggest one as well.

So long story short we are talking about something that is arguable and yet even we say that social media became huge, that is not only because people can talk with each other and interact with people all around the world, but it is also because it is free. Make instagram $99 to start an account and you will see how tiny it would have been and never would became this big so it is the free charge that became big there.
BitcoinPanther

Activity: 1918
Merit: 564

View Profile
May 08, 2021, 12:07:48 PM

I do not think the internet is making people lazy.  The internet brings lot of innovations.  With it, we can work from home, order from home, plan from home and during the pandemic it connects people from home.  It maximizes the time for everyone thus doing more things than being idle.  Just for example, working from home avoids being idle during transportation.  So time consumed in transportation can be used to do other things.  And I honestly believe that there is no lazy people, it is just a matter of doing what is his interest so it is subjective.
Alucard1

Activity: 574
Merit: 125

View Profile
May 08, 2021, 12:29:23 PM

It depends on the person and depends on how are you going to use the internet, for me the internet and technology make things easy for us, it is a good benefit for us, I don't think why some people think a negative thing about it though we can clearly see how it beneficial for us. It is not because we are just sitting at our home and just clicking and clicking on the keyboard or clicking our phone, it doesn't mean that we are lazy, it just makes our life easier, it is also not an easy thing because you will spend a lot of time for it.

jostorres

Activity: 2464
Merit: 585

View Profile
May 08, 2021, 04:48:14 PM

Do you have any statistics related to obesity or heart disease or high pressures kind of things due to being lazy for the younger generation of people who are more into internet usage? If any study is indicating like that then we can start worrying about that otherwise I do see internet is helping people to shop with the comfort of staying within home. They will save time and money required to reach shopping mall and spending long hours to pay bills etc.

This way I guess internet is helping to build economy of a country. I agree there are lots of changes had happened with people due to internet which might have both pros and cons as well. But, we cannot ignore the importance of having high speed internet and its facility to shop from home during the times of pandemic.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████