Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 07:47:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ron Paul Bitcoin Cheque  (Read 13687 times)
casascius
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1136

The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2011, 08:54:51 PM

Due to an unexpected increase in demand, I have had to reorder supplies. A few of the orders that have been placed will be sent out this week, but new orders will be delayed about 5 business days.

I am sorry for the delay,
Rob

Congratulations for selling out and for having created something people clearly want.

Hopefully the uptick in demand doesn't lead to Ron Paul's campaign asking you to quit it.  But if it does, chances are Dr. Paul will have held one in his hands.

Companies claiming they got hacked and lost your coins sounds like fraud so perfect it could be called fashionable.  I never believe them.  If I ever experience the misfortune of a real intrusion, I declare I have been honest about the way I have managed the keys in Casascius Coins.  I maintain no ability to recover or reproduce the keys, not even under limitless duress or total intrusion.  Remember that trusting strangers with your coins without any recourse is, as a matter of principle, not a best practice.  Don't keep coins online. Use paper or hardware wallets instead.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
casascius
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2011, 08:59:42 PM

As a big supporter of bitcoin and Ron Paul, I gotta say I don't like this at all.  Associating the two serves to discredit both from different angles.  There is no reason why they should be linked and Ron Paul's campaign has refused anything associated with bitcoin.  I would not use this.

I bet all of the dead people pictured on Federal Reserve notes would want nothing to do with the Federal Reserve if they were still alive!

Companies claiming they got hacked and lost your coins sounds like fraud so perfect it could be called fashionable.  I never believe them.  If I ever experience the misfortune of a real intrusion, I declare I have been honest about the way I have managed the keys in Casascius Coins.  I maintain no ability to recover or reproduce the keys, not even under limitless duress or total intrusion.  Remember that trusting strangers with your coins without any recourse is, as a matter of principle, not a best practice.  Don't keep coins online. Use paper or hardware wallets instead.
ALPHA.

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 01, 2011, 09:01:17 PM

They aren't going to care. It's free campaigning as far as future President Paul is concerned. Ergo:

http://www.usrarecoininvestments.com/images/coin_articles/1oz_$2000_Ron_Paul_Liberty_Dollar.jpg
PrintCoins (OP)

Activity: 533
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 02, 2011, 12:32:20 AM

Yep, Ron Paul coins are all over the net in a variety of forms and materials.

I think it is actually a common thing for many potential and actual presidents to be on random non-official coins and bills.

Though it does seem like it is good for business for people to think that my printing press will be stopped by someone. So, yeah, get'em while you can.

cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
December 02, 2011, 12:58:13 AM

I actually believe that these bills/coins that appeal to fringe groups may bring at least notoriety to Bitcoin. Commemorative FED obituary bills, Andrew Jackson (who was anti-FED) might be an appropriate prez, and the religion angle is always provocative.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
finway

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 02, 2011, 01:02:24 AM

This cheque rocks!  Grin

ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2011, 01:14:30 AM

Did you get Ron Pauls permission to do this? You know politics....

Also, given a eventual smear campaign against him do you think it wise to do this. Bitcoin could easily be see in the wrong light depending on the results. Not that could get any worse with Bruce Wagner.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
December 02, 2011, 02:59:38 AM

Did you get Ron Pauls permission to do this? You know politics....

Also, given a eventual smear campaign against him do you think it wise to do this. Bitcoin could easily be see in the wrong light depending on the results. Not that could get any worse with Bruce Wagner.

WTF?  That was going to be my business plan.  Wagner bucks.  The public key is hidden under a hologram so you can't verify the value until you accept it and there is no private key.

Well back to the drawing board.
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2011, 03:11:30 AM

I'm not good at this  Roll Eyes

Was trying to bait a Ron Paul Zealot an now this.  Tongue

Wagner Bucks: Yes, why not make a new fiat currency, 'backed' by bitcoin.
PrintCoins (OP)

View Profile
December 02, 2011, 07:21:23 PM

If anyone is interested, I can easily do vanity bills (your image or business icon in the middle). There is no extra charge for this, but the minimum order is 28 bills (must be a multiple of 4). The image must be square and I would recommend at least 400x400 px. Alpha transparent PNG images work fine.

casascius
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2011, 08:36:49 AM

Got my order of 5 Ron Paul cheques today... they turned out pretty nice.  They are sized like dollar bills, and they are cut nice and straight.

The back has room to explain "What is Bitcoin?" if it were handed out to somebody or left as a tip at a restaurant.

PrintCoins (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2011, 03:24:38 PM

Got my order of 5 Ron Paul cheques today... they turned out pretty nice.  They are sized like dollar bills, and they are cut nice and straight.

The back has room to explain "What is Bitcoin?" if it were handed out to somebody or left as a tip at a restaurant.

That is a great idea. Thanks!

The original bills looked like this on the back:
http://printcoins.com/images/gallery/back.jpg

but I took it off the cheques since I didn't want to encourage circulation.

Someone at work has been interested in bitcoins, but not enough to install any software. He bought a cheque off me funded with a bitcoin for a couple 1oz Ron Paul copper coins. He now uses it as a chip with other coworkers that do have bitcoins for our daily bitcoin gambling foosball game.

He is big on double or nothing, so more coins will end up going to the bill over time.

They are great for people who are into bitcoin, but too lazy to bother with it.

Two others bought them with cash. One bought a set of 5 to send to his family members.

For those who don't want to part with bitcoins to buy cheques, I put up an auction on ebay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ron-Paul-Bitcoin-Cheque-Set-5-/130613951333

BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1130

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2011, 04:29:27 PM

I got my "standard" checks but have not gotten my Ron Paul's yet.  Any idea when they will ship?

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2011, 05:42:49 PM

Got my order of 5 Ron Paul cheques today... they turned out pretty nice.  They are sized like dollar bills, and they are cut nice and straight.

For those who don't want to part with bitcoins to buy cheques, I put up an auction on ebay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ron-Paul-Bitcoin-Cheque-Set-5-/130613951333

Bidding! I'm edplive

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com
PrintCoins (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2011, 07:21:10 PM

I got my "standard" checks but have not gotten my Ron Paul's yet.  Any idea when they will ship?

These were sent out 3 days ago via first class mail. You should be receiving them shortly.

PrintCoins (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2011, 07:24:52 PM

If anyone wants a 100 count stack of these (or the standard bitcoin bill), let me know. I can do volume discounts.

Retired

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2011, 12:45:57 PM

Just a note: "QR code" is a legally registered trademark.
You may want to include something among these lines in your designs to prevent any legal problems with Denso Wave:
"QR Code®" is a registered trademark of DENSO WAVE INCORPORATED in JAPAN and other countries.

Also, good luck in your venture. I think it has very much potential and the cheques look great.
andrehorta
Legendary

Activity: 1261

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2012, 02:10:44 AM

I would like to buy a bitcoin check (printed) with 500 BTC with paypal, it´s possible?
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1130

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2012, 02:13:30 AM

I would like to buy a bitcoin check (printed) with 500 BTC with paypal, it´s possible?
Are you asking him to print you a check and load it with 500 BTC or just print you a check that says 500 BTC on it and then you will add the BTC yourself?

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
andrehorta
Legendary

Activity: 1261

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2012, 02:01:30 AM

Are you asking him to print you a check and load it with 500 BTC or just print you a check that says 500 BTC on it and then you will add the BTC yourself?

To him to print you a check and load it with 500 BTC, and i will pay for this...
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: