Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 11:59:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is your electrical cost/kWh  (Read 298 times)
Vodkanakas (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 23, 2021, 04:31:47 AM

I live in california and the average teir without mining is .33/kWh. With mining it jumps to the .49/kWh. Ive just been informed that there are people in CA that are mining less then .2/kwh!! How is this possible? Is there a special program? What am i doing wrong?
iwantmyhomepaidwithbtc
Copper Member

Activity: 76
Merit: 47

View Profile
May 23, 2021, 08:05:13 AM

I don't know about your question but your kwh cost makes me dream.

I pay 0.097 euros per kwh
FP91G
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1047

View Profile
May 23, 2021, 10:11:30 AM

Russia
Irkutsk Region 0,012-0,015 $ per kwh
Moscow 0.07-0.08 $ per kwh, But in certain places the prices ~ 0.05$ per kwh
In my pegion the price is $ 0,03 per kwh. The limitation is 15 kilowatt / hour for 1 private house. (That is, you can consume 11 000 kwh of electricity per month, but in some cases more is possible)
$ 0,12 per kwh - unlimited (maximum limit is limited by technical documentation)
mikeywith
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 6405

be constructive or S.T.F.U

View Profile
May 24, 2021, 11:02:29 PM

I live in california and the average teir without mining is .33/kWh. With mining it jumps to the .49/kWh.

What is that 49 cents or 4.9 cents? if it's the latter then you have got a very decent power rate, if it's the former, no luck.

I think the only question that matters is how much do miners in China pay per Kwh, I honestly can't find any rationalism in mining bitcoin if your rate isn't close to those in China, one might get away with a bit of difference but if it's more than double, they should just forget about mining altogether.

We know the average price in China is anywhere between 1-5 cents depending on the season, to be on the safe side, you should work with 3-4 cents, if your power rate is around that or slightly higher (maybe up to 6-7c) you have a good chance of making a profit in the long run, if your power rate is 10c or higher, you will need a lot of luck to be profitable and once you redo the math you will figure out that in most cases, you would have made more profit by simply buying the coin directly.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Vodkanakas (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
May 25, 2021, 12:11:09 AM

yeah china is insane lol 49 cents. and i dont necessarily mine for bitcoin. GPU mining. The profit is close to about 40 bucks with my rig of 5 cards. I am looking into an L3+ but it pulls just as much as my rig does. so i was just curious if there was a trick or program other then going solar.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4228
Merit: 4490

View Profile
May 25, 2021, 12:53:29 AM

I live in california and the average teir without mining is .33/kWh. With mining it jumps to the .49/kWh. Ive just been informed that there are people in CA that are mining less then .2/kwh!! How is this possible? Is there a special program? What am i doing wrong?

your quoting residential rate

there are different rates
residential
commercial/retail
industrial
waste/excess

mining farms use industrial supply. but they cut deals to use the waste/excess supply thats normally not used. so they get good rates

if you are a high yield user(industrial scale) and you have a predictable utility.. you can purchase units of electric in bundles EG MWH per month

but if you are a home hobby miner.. you have to pay your residential rate

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
kamranki

Activity: 37
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2021, 06:47:10 AM

Here in Dubai, for residential areas, the cost of electricity is 0.016 USD (1.6 cents) per kW/h
FP91G
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2021, 11:22:40 PM

Here in Dubai, for residential areas, the cost of electricity is 0.016 USD (1.6 cents) per kW/h
Please give me a link to the major shops selling video cards and computer components in Dubai.
I am interested in prices in your stores
Do you have a lot of people interested in mining?
The Arabic forum for miners is not very active.
I heard that video cards with a better cooling system are being made for your countries.
batsonxl

Activity: 1196
Merit: 26

View Profile
May 27, 2021, 03:32:04 PM

I have 0.00064$ for 1kw
For people who have high electricity rate i recommend you buy solar panel without battery so you can use mixed power will reduce your electric bill alot.
Vodkanakas (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
May 27, 2021, 04:29:49 PM

I have 0.00064$ for 1kw
For people who have high electricity rate i recommend you buy solar panel without battery so you can use mixed power will reduce your electric bill alot.

I was thinking about this. would cut cost in half but then id have to pay the solar company lol
FP91G
Legendary

View Profile
May 27, 2021, 07:50:29 PM

I have 0.00064$ for 1kw
What country are you in? Probably at the equator, where the sun is constantly shining. In Russia, for example, the payback period for solar panels is more than 6 years. You have free electricity, with such opportunities you can get an excellent profit in mining. How much money did you spend on the purchase of solar panels and the necessary equipment and how much power do you have?
Hotdog Vendor

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 28, 2021, 08:02:27 AM

I live in South Australia. Pay aud$0.36c per kw, roughly us$0.28c. My state has had the highest consistent power cost per kw in the world for almost 20yrs.
If OP is correct in his price then they take the new lead? My price is the lowest I can get in my state checked every company. Are you sure yours is lowest?

Paid aud$4300(after $3500 rebate) for 6.6kw solar with 5kw inverter, should be paid off in just over 2yrs cos high sun here. Could of gotten cheaper but went with a good company.
Don't get cheaper rates because solar just get paid aud$ 12.4c per kw feed in. Then have to buy it back at night time for triple the price
batsonxl

View Profile
May 28, 2021, 03:34:44 PM

I have 0.00064$ for 1kw
What country are you in? Probably at the equator, where the sun is constantly shining. In Russia, for example, the payback period for solar panels is more than 6 years. You have free electricity, with such opportunities you can get an excellent profit in mining. How much money did you spend on the purchase of solar panels and the necessary equipment and how much power do you have?
For myself i dont need solar panel. I suggested for people who has high electric bill.otherwise there will be no easy survive in bearmarket.
batsonxl

View Profile
May 28, 2021, 03:39:36 PM

I have 0.00064$ for 1kw

I was thinking about this. would cut cost in half but then id have to pay the solar company lol
It depends your electric price and how much power do you need make calculations what works best. But ive seen solar panels are very well helping with electricity bill. in bearmarket it will be life saving power.
FP91G
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2021, 06:39:52 PM

I live in South Australia. Pay aud$0.36c per kw, roughly us$0.28c. My state has had the highest consistent power cost per kw in the world for almost 20yrs.
If OP is correct in his price then they take the new lead? My price is the lowest I can get in my state checked every company. Are you sure yours is lowest?

Paid aud$4300(after $3500 rebate) for 6.6kw solar with 5kw inverter, should be paid off in just over 2yrs cos high sun here. Could of gotten cheaper but went with a good company.
Don't get cheaper rates because solar just get paid aud$ 12.4c per kw feed in. Then have to buy it back at night time for triple the price
And you can buy to buy 2 houses nearby. Install solar panels in one house and use cheap electricity at night rates in the other. This is in order not to buy electricity at night at a triple price.
Will this not be cheating?
Then it will be even more profitable, because mining will be very expensive at night.
Hotdog Vendor

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 29, 2021, 03:11:04 AM
Last edit: May 29, 2021, 03:22:40 AM by Hotdog Vendor

And you can buy to buy 2 houses nearby. Install solar panels in one house and use cheap electricity at night rates in the other. This is in order not to buy electricity at night at a triple price.
Then it will be even more profitable, because mining will be very expensive at night.

We dont get any off peak rates so not cheaper at night same price all the time, cheapest I can get is aud$0.36c. Literally rang tons of companies and I tend to check every 3 months but nothing changes.
I don't get option to buy back the power I feed in, only buy normal price per kw all the time. Other companies charge even 44c per kw here. I could get paid 15c per kw feed in but then Im paying over 40c per kw to buy it back.

As for buying another house, my current house value is like $750k (plus $45k tax) and its shitty 1960 build with 1 toilet (Just the land is valued at $500k so they can charge more taxes). Australia is not cheap for anything.

Just my tobacco is $122 for 50gram again the cheapest I can get (Government takes over $100). If I could move to Canada I would, Australia sucks unless you earn over $75k a year.....
FP91G
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2021, 05:01:20 PM

We dont get any off peak rates so not cheaper at night same price all the time, cheapest I can get is aud$0.36c. Literally rang tons of companies and I tend to check every 3 months but nothing changes.
I don't get option to buy back the power I feed in, only buy normal price per kw all the time. Other companies charge even 44c per kw here. I could get paid 15c per kw feed in but then Im paying over 40c per kw to buy it back.

As for buying another house, my current house value is like $750k (plus $45k tax) and its shitty 1960 build with 1 toilet (Just the land is valued at $500k so they can charge more taxes). Australia is not cheap for anything.

Just my tobacco is $122 for 50gram again the cheapest I can get (Government takes over $100). If I could move to Canada I would, Australia sucks unless you earn over $75k a year.....
Smiley
In russia, a good modern house of about 200 square meters and 20 ares of land can be bought for $ 100,000.
Miners buy old houses for 4-5 thousand dollars to install their mining farms in them. The cost of electricity in the village (10-20 km from the city) is $ 0.025 per kilowatt. Electricity consumption limit 10,000-20,000 kWh per month.
Taxes are not more than $ 30-40 per year for one such house.
greenslope

Activity: 90
Merit: 6

View Profile
May 29, 2021, 10:06:01 PM

Always higher !
Bitcoin_Arena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1807

฿itcoin for all, All for ฿itcoin.

View Profile
May 29, 2021, 10:59:40 PM

Looking at the prices from other countries. This probably makes the place where I am right now with one of the highest electricity costs  Cheesy
Not suitable for mining at all.

Residential - $0.21

Commercial (peak) - $0.24
Commercial (Off peak) - $0.11

Industrial (peak) - $0.14
Industrial (Off peak) - $0.065

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
robertcs9

Activity: 1

View Profile
May 30, 2021, 04:58:16 AM

I'm from México and in some places you can get electricity for free. It's a really good deal for some gpu's.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: