Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:04:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 109 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official FutureBit Apollo BTC Software/Image and Support thread  (Read 39183 times)
jstefanop (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2090
Merit: 1396

View Profile
June 03, 2021, 07:26:57 PM

I've been running my full node unit for over a week now mining BCH on btc.com. Been on Turbo for most of that time. About every other day the miner stops and I have to go into the dashboard and start the miner again. Is this a known issue? Not sure if it's disconnects or the hardware trying to shutdown. Here are the raw stats for fan and temp. It would be really nice to have a failover pool in the event it's caused by disconnects, or at least have the system try to reconnect after 15 minutes or so. Everytime it has happened, I just click start miner and it starts right back up hashing with valid shares.

"fans": {
      "int_0": {
        "rpm": [
        ]
      }
    },
    "temperature": {
      "count": 2,
      "min": 0,
      "avr": 34,
      "max": 68
    },

Most likely a pool/internet connection issue. Next update should auto-restart for these cases.

Project Apollo: A Pod Miner Designed for the Home https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4974036
FutureBit Moonlander 2 USB Scrypt Stick Miner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2125643.0

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
achtung082

Activity: 358
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 03, 2021, 10:24:48 PM

I have found the miner boards to be more stable when connected to a USB hub rather then directly connected to the full miner unit.

Support sidehack projects: 1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
My Sales Wallet BTC:bc1qxtxsc86lessnrsm52gf7qgmqle75htdr03zdd7 - LTC:LNLKyKkGNCJakZudGjc2qg26yYz7oeo92k - ETH:0xDf1b17872D9Ff22F04270BbDA13556B3E1649E27
cryptofreshman

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2021, 09:23:26 PM

How does this thing Mine SOLO??? And  estimate when can 1 find a block? Makes .56? a day in pool...

Wouldn’t advise.  At this low a hashrate, you’d have better luck winning the actual lottery than hitting a block.

that is not exactly true.

depends on what type of lottery.

besides.

if you simply set it and forget it for a while it will add up over time.

this is all about mine and hodl

my plan is to mine and hodl a coin for a year. while it does its thing as a full node.

If you don't mind me asking, what pool would you mine against when you set it and forget it?

viabtc .com and set the payout at 0.01 btc which right now is about 350 usd

it will take close to 22 months to get there.

and if btc spikes crazy high in 3 or 4 months just change the payout to 0.001 btc

Thank you for all of your contributions on this forum Phil. I signed up with via bitcoin instead of the recommended/pool I started to sign up with slushpool and it was just really confusing how to set up my miner. I also want to thank futurebit team. What an exceptional product this is. They worked very hard under some pretty stressful conditions and times that we are living in and were able to produce a product that is so beneficial for this crypto digital currency future. I recommend using viabtc.com

https://viabtc.com/signup?refer=684276
Use that link to signup for 50% off of pool fees.
TooTall68

Activity: 6

View Profile
June 05, 2021, 09:45:07 PM

I have full version and hash board version.

Do I need another power supply for hash-only?  I'm guessing that's a redundant question and the answer is yes.  Don't know why I did not understand that on order.  Probably because I saw the picture with 3 units daisy-chained together via USB.  Pics are powerful and can override common sense, I guess.

More importantly, I obviously do not know what I'm doing.

Connected included power supply to full version, connected ethernet (wired straight to router - line is good).  Pulled power from Router and rebooted it.  THEN and only then, did I power up the Futurebit.

SPECTRUM is my provider - 300Mbps. 

I see by the Ethernet Port's indicator lights on the FutreBit that it is "talking" to the router.

I cannot find an IP address for the FutureBit to set it up.  There are NO "not-connected" devices listed on my Router gateway. 

I do not have an HDMI monitor nor wired keyboard/mouse, so was relying on Ethernet connectivity @ router to setup.

I can find IP for everything else - wireless and wired - on my entire network. 

Spectrum has obfuscated most settings by making you go through a phone ap now.  Yes, I am using their equipment.  Yes, I know I should tell them to shove it and buy my own, but that's another day.

Any suggestions beyond:

(1) getting another power supply for the hash-board only version (duh, I think)
(2) cannibalizing my 3 screen legacy desktop setup and buy a DVI - HDMI adapter and cheap-0 wired keyboard and mouse?

This is my first mining experience with anything.  I have traded crypto for years - but the hardware side of things is a bit confounding to me.

Spectrum's router nonsense is very annoying as well.  Used to be able to go in and easily do DHCP/Port forwarding, etc. - now that's difficult.

Thanks to whoever can help.

AnkleBiter

Activity: 23
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 06, 2021, 03:38:18 PM

Yes you will need a power supply for the standard unit, if you have enough connections on the existing PSU it might be able to power both (but it seems like you bought the full version with a 200w psu).

Personally I use server PSUs from Parallelminer, so a 750w unit powers 2 units.

In terms of obtaining an IP, it does take some time to register.  The Apollo makes it relatively easy to find since the name will pop up as FutureBit and not just some random set of letters or numbers.

Do I need another power supply for hash-only?  I'm guessing that's a redundant question and the answer is yes.  Don't know why I did not understand that on order.  Probably because I saw the picture with 3 units daisy-chained together via USB.  Pics are powerful and can override common sense, I guess.

Connected included power supply to full version, connected ethernet (wired straight to router - line is good).  Pulled power from Router and rebooted it.  THEN and only then, did I power up the Futurebit.

I see by the Ethernet Port's indicator lights on the FutreBit that it is "talking" to the router.

I cannot find an IP address for the FutureBit to set it up.  There are NO "not-connected" devices listed on my Router gateway. 

I do not have an HDMI monitor nor wired keyboard/mouse, so was relying on Ethernet connectivity @ router to setup.

Spectrum has obfuscated most settings by making you go through a phone ap now.  Yes, I am using their equipment.  Yes, I know I should tell them to shove it and buy my own, but that's another day.

Any suggestions beyond:

(2) cannibalizing my 3 screen legacy desktop setup and buy a DVI - HDMI adapter and cheap-0 wired keyboard and mouse?

This is my first mining experience with anything.  I have traded crypto for years - but the hardware side of things is a bit confounding to me.

Spectrum's router nonsense is very annoying as well.  Used to be able to go in and easily do DHCP/Port forwarding, etc. - now that's difficult.

TooTall68

Activity: 6

View Profile
June 06, 2021, 05:10:56 PM

Had connected to ethernet for hours - never showed on router.  thanks for info on PSU. 

Found an HDMI - DVI adapter - tried direct connect monitor to HDMI on FutureBit - monitor is now dead completely - won't even work on my main system.  Great.

Why must everything turn into a "project"? Right now it's just another non-functional toy.

Yes you will need a power supply for the standard unit, if you have enough connections on the existing PSU it might be able to power both (but it seems like you bought the full version with a 200w psu).

In terms of obtaining an IP, it does take some time to register.  The Apollo makes it relatively easy to find since the name will pop up as FutureBit and not just some random set of letters or numbers.

Any suggestions beyond:

Alphateamm

Activity: 1

View Profile
June 06, 2021, 05:21:25 PM

I have a full package unit and one standard unit. Both were working fine for about 12 hours. After that the standard unit started showing a solid red light in the front and has since show up as "inactive" in the Futurebit OS. Tried rebooting, unplugging then plugging back in, turn off turn on, nothing has worked. The full package unit is still working perfectly but I cannot get the standard unit active. Do you have any suggestions? Thank you.
yaoyaocnx

Activity: 2

View Profile
June 06, 2021, 07:25:12 PM

Hi admin futurebit,

just recieve BTC apolo today and runing well.

But i got an issue of futurebit dashboard,

no show "Current hashrate" and keeps 0
no show "Miner power usage" and keeps 0
no show "Hardware errors" and keeps 0
no show "Miner uptime" and keeps 0
and Status keep stay in "Inactive"

But on the mining pool side monitor shows realtime hash rate around 7.9 Th/s

How to solve the local monitor issue ?

Can you send an email regarding this issue...we had one other report of this and trying to diagnose whats going on.

i already send via https://www.futurebit.io/contact . please check.

Futurebit dashboard screenshot
https://imgur.com/a/oPbYJ28
crypto_curious

Activity: 924
Merit: 175

View Profile
June 07, 2021, 01:02:43 PM
Last edit: June 07, 2021, 01:56:23 PM by crypto_curious

Hi,

My unit has finally arrived.  Smiley I have just hashboard without controller.
Plugged it in to my Debian PC and used apollo-miner package to start mining. It's working fine so far. Smiley
However, It doesn't mine on normal user, only on root.
How can I configure it so I can mine on normal Linux user account, without using root?

Question 2.
How can I speed up the fan? Unit is very hot to touch and fan is spinning very slow, it's inaudible. Using Balanced mode now. I have no problem with faster fan speeds, noise is not an issue at the moment. I'd like to cool unit down more so it lasts longer. Its being that hot to touch make me uncomfortable. apollo-miner program reports:
Code:
FAN INFO:
Slave   RPM
    0  2173

Temp(C) (min/avr/max): 0 / 29 / 59
Also overall:
Code:
*** BOARDS SYS INFO (1 boards, 44 chips):
BRD  FOUND      REV   SPI     PWR  CHIPS  ON  ON_T  inOhOsc  OhOscN  OhOscT  OhN  OhT  loI  Tc  Th    T, C              TA  RevADC   OCP     HE  osc  OSChip               U, mV               I, mA  P, Wt
  0      1  BREV:20  1x 4  2x2x11     44   1     1        0       0       0    0    0    0   0   0   59  0    0( 0)  0( 0)    4004  0x00  0 (0)   40     N/A   U0: 8120 U1: 8151   I0: 9737 I1: 9729    158

*** BOARDS STAT DELTA (10 secs, 1 boards, 44 chips):
BRD   SOL  ERR      bySol  E/S  JOBS  CR  W/GHs  EPWC
  0  5791   19  2487 GH/s   0%  5934   0  0.064     0

*** BOARDS STAT TOTAL (1399 secs, 1 boards, 44 chips):
BRD     SOL   ERR      bySol  E/S    JOBS   CR  W/GHs  EPWC
  0  822839  3073  2526 GH/s   0%  829762  638  0.063     0
jstefanop (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2021, 04:29:22 PM

I have a full package unit and one standard unit. Both were working fine for about 12 hours. After that the standard unit started showing a solid red light in the front and has since show up as "inactive" in the Futurebit OS. Tried rebooting, unplugging then plugging back in, turn off turn on, nothing has worked. The full package unit is still working perfectly but I cannot get the standard unit active. Do you have any suggestions? Thank you.

Powercycling the standard unit, and rebooting the main unit should make it come up again. Try also making sure both ends of the USB cable are firmly attached, and try a different USB port.

If all of the above still dont work shoot an email to our support (reply to your order email or hello at futurebit dot io).

Project Apollo: A Pod Miner Designed for the Home https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4974036
FutureBit Moonlander 2 USB Scrypt Stick Miner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2125643.0
jstefanop (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2021, 04:31:59 PM

Had connected to ethernet for hours - never showed on router.  thanks for info on PSU. 

Found an HDMI - DVI adapter - tried direct connect monitor to HDMI on FutureBit - monitor is now dead completely - won't even work on my main system.  Great.

Why must everything turn into a "project"? Right now it's just another non-functional toy.

Any suggestions beyond:

Not all monitors will work with the controller. The HDMI controller and GPU that drives it is pretty basic so anything other than a straight HDMI monitor with standard resolutions/size probably won't work.

Shoot us an email if your still have issues and well get you up an running.

jstefanop (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2021, 04:42:25 PM

Hi,

Plugged it in to my Debian PC and used apollo-miner package to start mining. It's working fine so far. Smiley
How can I configure it so I can mine on normal Linux user account, without using root?

Question 2.
How can I speed up the fan? Unit is very hot to touch and fan is spinning very slow, it's inaudible. Using Balanced mode now. I have no problem with faster fan speeds, noise is not an issue at the moment. I'd like to cool unit down more so it lasts longer. Its being that hot to touch make me uncomfortable. apollo-miner program reports:
Code:
FAN INFO:
Slave   RPM
    0  2173

Also overall:
Code:
BRD  FOUND      REV   SPI     PWR  CHIPS  ON  ON_T  inOhOsc  OhOscN  OhOscT  OhN  OhT  loI  Tc  Th    T, C              TA  RevADC   OCP     HE  osc  OSChip               U, mV               I, mA  P, Wt
  0      1  BREV:20  1x 4  2x2x11     44   1     1        0       0       0    0    0    0   0   0   59  0    0( 0)  0( 0)    4004  0x00  0 (0)   40     N/A   U0: 8120 U1: 8151   I0: 9737 I1: 9729    158

BRD   SOL  ERR      bySol  E/S  JOBS  CR  W/GHs  EPWC
  0  5791   19  2487 GH/s   0%  5934   0  0.064     0

BRD     SOL   ERR      bySol  E/S    JOBS   CR  W/GHs  EPWC
  0  822839  3073  2526 GH/s   0%  829762  638  0.063     0

Your board temp is pretty low..."hot" for this board is over 80c. Keep in mind that the unit is super quiet because we are also dissipating some heat through the aluminum case itself. So that could get 40-50c which will feel hot but is normal.

If you want to control the fan curve you can do so with the two options below (fan speed is 0% @ 50c, and 100% at 80c board temps).

-fan_temp_low 50 -fan_temp_hi 80

those are the default values, but if you want to force it to spin faster just lower both of those temperatures.

crypto_curious

View Profile
June 07, 2021, 07:46:14 PM
Last edit: June 07, 2021, 08:04:04 PM by crypto_curious

Hi,

Question 2.
Code:
FAN INFO:
Slave   RPM
    0  2173

Also overall:
Code:
BRD  FOUND      REV   SPI     PWR  CHIPS  ON  ON_T  inOhOsc  OhOscN  OhOscT  OhN  OhT  loI  Tc  Th    T, C              TA  RevADC   OCP     HE  osc  OSChip               U, mV               I, mA  P, Wt
  0      1  BREV:20  1x 4  2x2x11     44   1     1        0       0       0    0    0    0   0   0   59  0    0( 0)  0( 0)    4004  0x00  0 (0)   40     N/A   U0: 8120 U1: 8151   I0: 9737 I1: 9729    158

BRD   SOL  ERR      bySol  E/S  JOBS  CR  W/GHs  EPWC
  0  5791   19  2487 GH/s   0%  5934   0  0.064     0

BRD     SOL   ERR      bySol  E/S    JOBS   CR  W/GHs  EPWC
  0  822839  3073  2526 GH/s   0%  829762  638  0.063     0

Your board temp is pretty low..."hot" for this board is over 80c. Keep in mind that the unit is super quiet because we are also dissipating some heat through the aluminum case itself. So that could get 40-50c which will feel hot but is normal.

If you want to control the fan curve you can do so with the two options below (fan speed is 0% @ 50c, and 100% at 80c board temps).

-fan_temp_low 50 -fan_temp_hi 80

those are the default values, but if you want to force it to spin faster just lower both of those temperatures.

Thanks! Will play with these values. Actually I found full description in --help:
Code:
  -fan_temp_low <x>         Set board temp at which fan speed should be the lowest (default: 50)
  -fan_temp_hi <x>          Set board temp at which fan speed should be the highest (default: 80)
  -fan_pwm_low <x>          Fan PWM if temperature <= fan_temp_low (default: 1)
  -fan_pwm_hi <x>           Fan PWM if temperature => fan_temp_hi (default: 100)
Setting "-fan_pwm_low 20" makes lowest spinning speed 20%, which is great, still very quiet, but temps will be a bit lower.

And how can I run without root? I guess some udev rules must be added?
crypto_curious

View Profile
June 08, 2021, 12:21:57 AM
Last edit: June 08, 2021, 10:52:53 AM by crypto_curious

Excellent, thanks! Downloading and running binary was very easy on normal Linux system.

That being said however, I have quite good Raspberry Pi 2, quad core ARM, which is still running strong, and that's where I want to run Apollo. I don't have Raspberry Pi 4. I could not find source code for your apollo-miner binary. Will there be code released for apollo-miner binary, so I can compile it myself and run on Raspberry Pi 2?
Hardware says:
Code:
Host: Raspberry Pi 2 Model B Rev 1.1

But I also have plenty of Pi zeros, would love to run miner on that too.

Yea thats on the list, should have binaries for 32bit arm next week.

Any updates on this? Would like to run on Raspberry Pi 2 and Raspberry Zero W, any updates would be much appreciated.
jbrow8

Activity: 17

View Profile
June 08, 2021, 01:11:28 PM
Last edit: June 08, 2021, 04:16:36 PM by jbrow8

Well it worked for about 15 minutes, got a pool started and soon the red light went solid and I could no longer access the device, the IP address no longer shows up.
Found the IP address after rebooting and now refuses to connect
- after hooking up a monitor and keyboard, nothing to see here, but the miner suddenly starts mining again and I can access it again. Its still in eco mode, Node syncing is about half way finished now, Did something overheat or is the dynamic IP address a problem?

Locked up again after maybe one hour, cannot access with a monitor or through the IP address, no mining is happening on the website and the the blinking redlight and heat from the unit means its doing something, (using electricity).
zsmith

Activity: 142
Merit: 60

View Profile
June 08, 2021, 03:13:45 PM

I've been running my full node unit for over a week now mining BCH on btc.com. Been on Turbo for most of that time. About every other day the miner stops and I have to go into the dashboard and start the miner again. Is this a known issue? Not sure if it's disconnects or the hardware trying to shutdown. Here are the raw stats for fan and temp. It would be really nice to have a failover pool in the event it's caused by disconnects, or at least have the system try to reconnect after 15 minutes or so. Everytime it has happened, I just click start miner and it starts right back up hashing with valid shares.

"fans": {
      "int_0": {
        "rpm": [
        ]
      }
    },
    "temperature": {
      "count": 2,
      "min": 0,
      "avr": 34,
      "max": 68
    },

Most likely a pool/internet connection issue. Next update should auto-restart for these cases.

I'm having the same issue, but I'm running it on eco mode.  I've tried it on a couple of pools and it does the same.
Brewzr

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 08, 2021, 07:48:33 PM

For standard hashing unit:

What is the -ao_mode 1 in the last command line parameter?
How to disable Exporting stat  ...  ERROR: cannot create file descriptor

Otherwise booted and started thrashing immediately on slushpool.

Showing 3.1 TH/s poolside
jstefanop (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2021, 09:25:04 PM

For standard hashing unit:

What is the -ao_mode 1 in the last command line parameter?
How to disable Exporting stat  ...  ERROR: cannot create file descriptor

Otherwise booted and started thrashing immediately on slushpool.

Showing 3.1 TH/s poolside

The -ao_mode is the auto ASIC tuning mode, you should not touch this. You can ignore the error message...did not have time to fix this for the standard unit software and it does not affect anything.

jstefanop (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2021, 09:29:41 PM

Well it worked for about 15 minutes, got a pool started and soon the red light went solid and I could no longer access the device, the IP address no longer shows up.
Found the IP address after rebooting and now refuses to connect
- after hooking up a monitor and keyboard, nothing to see here, but the miner suddenly starts mining again and I can access it again. Its still in eco mode, Node syncing is about half way finished now, Did something overheat or is the dynamic IP address a problem?

Locked up again after maybe one hour, cannot access with a monitor or through the IP address, no mining is happening on the website and the the blinking redlight and heat from the unit means its doing something, (using electricity).

They system might lock up  a few times while its syncing, it should resolve by itself. Node uses up 100% of system resources, mining has priority though and should not stop. If you want to avoid these issues I would recommend you stop mining for ~24 hours while the node completes most of the syncing.

If your in a hot environment it could be that the CPU is overheating and shutting down. While we did extensive tests during syncing and running in ECO mode, it would overheat in certain situations while in Balanced/Turbo.

jstefanop (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2021, 09:30:38 PM

Excellent, thanks! Downloading and running binary was very easy on normal Linux system.

That being said however, I have quite good Raspberry Pi 2, quad core ARM, which is still running strong, and that's where I want to run Apollo. I don't have Raspberry Pi 4. I could not find source code for your apollo-miner binary. Will there be code released for apollo-miner binary, so I can compile it myself and run on Raspberry Pi 2?
Hardware says:
Code:
Host: Raspberry Pi 2 Model B Rev 1.1

But I also have plenty of Pi zeros, would love to run miner on that too.

Yea thats on the list, should have binaries for 32bit arm next week.

Any updates on this? Would like to run on Raspberry Pi 2 and Raspberry Zero W, any updates would be much appreciated.

Will try and get this compiled by end of the week, trying to push out the critical bug updates for the main unit first.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 109 »
  Print  

Jump to: