Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:05:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What about Litecoin?  (Read 1065 times)
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1359

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
June 08, 2021, 03:04:43 PM

Cryptocurency market has changed. People now got attracted by DeFi and NFT - things that help them earn fortune rather than holding an outdated coin. Even Mimblewimble won't help. Privacy coins will be killed by governments. A few years ago, Dash, Monero and Zcash were really popular but where they are now? Doge coin is an exceptional piece of joke, don't ever compare any coin with it.

That's certainly true, mate. All of the attention is on "De-Fi" and NFTs right now. Most people are only into crypto to make a lot of money within the least time possible. They don't care about the underlying cryptocurrency's economics or features. Privacy coins are long lost especially because most centralized exchanges have de-listed them. I don't think Litecoin will be used more thoroughly once Mimblewimble comes into play. If developers want to attract the masses into Litecoin, they're going to need to integrate smart contracts into the Blockchain. Something like RSK for Litecoin should do the trick.

Despite Litecoin's current price, I'd say it's one of the altcoins that will never fade into oblivion. It's an oldie but goodie with a limited supply of 84 million coins. This makes Litecoin the most scarce cryptocurrency on the market after Bitcoin. People will ultimately decide whenever they'd want to buy and "hodl" Litecoin for the long term, or sell it for profit. As long as there's a community behind the project, nothing else matters. It's been nearly 10 years since Litecoin's inception, and so far there's no indication it'll go anywhere soon. The "Silver to Bitcoin's Gold" is here to stay no matter what critics say against it. Sometime in the future when crypto becomes widely adopted in the mainstream world, Litecoin will blossom. I wouldn't worry about its price as long as it remains decentralized and highly-functional for day-to-day payments. Just my thoughts Grin

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fahmimajannat

Activity: 420
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 08, 2021, 04:29:07 PM

litecoin has a great potential to climb up the stairs with btc and eth. but as far as we seen that ltc hasnt much rise as btc or eth. it price should more than bnb atleast but.
its  havent happened yet. because od bnb has a great demand and usecase it took the moonshot earliar than ltc.

◆▬▬▬◆Adonx.one◆▬▬▬◆
◆▬▬◆▬▬◆A New Exchange Era◆▬▬◆▬▬◆
◆▬▬▬◆▬▬▬◆BUY NOW!◆▬▬▬◆▬▬▬◆
meves99

Activity: 62
Merit: 4

View Profile
June 08, 2021, 06:55:55 PM

Litecoin in the long term also has a high price estimate, so don't hesitate to buy, Litecoin will also develop like Ethereum.
Silver80

Activity: 714
Merit: 104

View Profile
June 09, 2021, 05:11:46 AM

very worried that the price of litecoin is affected by bitcoin (btc) turmoil, the coins should have long had its own fundamentals
Silver80

Activity: 714
Merit: 104

View Profile
June 11, 2021, 07:05:44 AM

very worried that the price of litecoin is affected by bitcoin (btc) turmoil, the coins should have long had its own fundamentals
Yes it should have its own fundamental...but it is the reality that litecoin and some other big altcoins also dependent on the price of bitcoin.....it is almost not possible that bitcoin goes down and other altcoin goes up...it happens only very rarely
yes, i agree that's why litecoin needs a refresh so old coins like this work as well as possible to have fundamentals so it doesn't really matter bnb tried it
tvplus006
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1655

To the Moon

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2021, 09:26:45 AM

Agreed with your thought on transaction speed  but not least important is  their ability to be fully untraceable. Recent studies show that privacy is one of the major concern for those people who use crypto intensively in their life.   Mimblewimble Extension Blocks (MWEB) feature which will raise the degree of confidentiality  for LTC transactions is round the corner.

Privacy is good for most market participants, but in the case of Litecoin, if MimbleWimble is launched on the main network, it can lead to delisting from exchanges, as was the case with Monero, Dash, Zcash and other anonymous cryptocurrencies. Perhaps this is the reason why Litecoin developers are hesitant to launch this update on the main network.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
btcltcdigger

Activity: 1988
Merit: 756

To boldly go where no rabbit has gone before...

View Profile
June 11, 2021, 09:34:47 AM

The "Silver to Bitcoin's Gold" has been out of the spotlight for quite time. I'm surprised this is happening with LTC since worthless coins like Dogecoin and SHIBA are getting all of the attention in the mainstream world. Unlike the aforementioned coins, Litecoin with only 84 million coins that will ever exist. One thing for sure is that Litecoin is faster and cheaper than Bitcoin. If DOGE went all the way from being worth nothing all the way to nearly $1 per coin, then Litecoin can do much more than that.

Last time I've checked, LTC developers announced the "Mimblewimble" privacy technique. I don't know if it's already been implemented since I haven't been catching up with the project's progress. Adding new features to a Blockchain should make the underlying cryptocurrency soar all the way to the moon. Yet, nothing is happening as LTC remains stagnant in price.

Am I missing something here? What do you think may be the cause of Litecoin's stagnation? Will it have a future? Do you think it is worth buying and holding for the long term just like Bitcoin? Your input will be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much. Smiley

IMO the only advantage LTC had at the time, was being faster than BTC and easier to mine. But lately, there's 1000's of coins or tokens who fill that exact role, even better than LTC.
So that's, in my guess, why no1's paying real close attention to it anymore
laohe628

Activity: 299
Merit: 100

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
June 11, 2021, 09:45:47 AM

LTC has only broken its ATH a little bit in this bull market, not reaching up to many people's expectations. BTC is gold, LTC is silver,silver is now getting further and further away from gold.
I have just checked LTC in the past year is increasing about 272%, and BTC is about 283%,haha,almost the same,just judging from the increas of the past year, it has not been pulled away from BTC.

feelideb

Activity: 770
Merit: 101

fLibero.financial

View Profile
June 11, 2021, 10:16:33 AM

Litecoin had a lots of support before 2017 but lost it's supporter when main developer declared that he had sold all his litecoin during 2017 bull run on bitcoin! That was the day litecoin began to stall in development and many people were disappointed! Infact it got so bad for litecoin that many developers working on the left for other altcoin! I still use litecoin because it's fee are cheap and I'm hoping it will do better in the future!

kapalmabur

Activity: 2002
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 11, 2021, 10:26:27 AM

Litecoin had a lots of support before 2017 but lost it's supporter when main developer declared that he had sold all his litecoin during 2017 bull run on bitcoin! That was the day litecoin began to stall in development and many people were disappointed! Infact it got so bad for litecoin that many developers working on the left for other altcoin! I still use litecoin because it's fee are cheap and I'm hoping it will do better in the future!
Of course seeing Litecoin like this is very unfortunate because after all Litecoin was one of the projects that was quite promising at the time,
and it's not only you who seem to hope that Litecoin can be better in the future,
and hopefully the development can be continued again
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1359

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
June 22, 2021, 05:38:06 PM

IMO the only advantage LTC had at the time, was being faster than BTC and easier to mine. But lately, there's 1000's of coins or tokens who fill that exact role, even better than LTC.
So that's, in my guess, why no1's paying real close attention to it anymore

Exactly. Back in the day, Litecoin was a better alternative to the Bitcoin blockchain thanks to its fast transaction confirmation times and low fees. But now that we have superior projects with greater transaction capacity, there may be no need for Litecoin at all. The project better innovate or it'll be left behind in the dust. Mimblewimble is good but not enough to put Litecoin back on track. Maybe adding smart contract features to the LTC blockchain will do the trick?

Anyhow, it's a good thing Litecoin's supply is finite. With only 84 million coins that will ever be mined, Litecoin would turn into the scarcest cryptocurrency in the world after Bitcoin. I guess that's why some people call it "Silver to Bitcoin's Gold". Price per coin doesn't matter as long as it remains actively traded across exchanges. It seems to me that Litecoin will last a lifetime thanks to the community backing it every step of the way. Just my thoughts Grin

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
ChiBitCTy
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 3007

View Profile
June 22, 2021, 05:52:30 PM

Interesting discussion/points that you raise here.  I guess I am a bit biased as I Charlie Lee and chat with him quite often, but I expect Litecoin to be around for some time.  First off I like how Charlie releases that it's never going to "beat out" bitcoin, hence why he always calls it Bitcoin Silver.  I do like the quicker/cheaper aspect of it of course.  The one thing I question and will probably ask Charlie this, but why are they moving to a Proof of Stake blockchain?  That is the one downfall that bothers me at this time.

Otherwise it's one of the best altcoin options out there due to having such a large market-cap and a well known brand.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
sunny28

Activity: 966
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 22, 2021, 05:57:34 PM

Yeah, i think it has a potential and worth holding. It has really low fees and fast and safe transactions. It's one of the first crypto and it may have really good rise in the future.
The main feature of Litecoin is that it is an old and reliable coin for investment. At first, Litecoin was a fork of Bitcoin, to improve the blockchain.

Litecoin has a huge potential for growth, as investors choose old and reliable coins to invest in. Investors will choose reliable projects to invest in, and in any case, Litecoin will be included in their list.

pedrillo0

Activity: 1732
Merit: 502

Nada y Tú?

View Profile
June 22, 2021, 07:55:18 PM

People get carried away a lot by fanaticism...

DOGECOIN has nothing of INNOVATION, but it reached the moon for being considered the best meme coin.

LTC is much better but no one can see it except us experts.

There are many forgotten LTC like Peercoin, PRIMECOIN etc etc ...
mu_enrico
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 2142

Slots Enthusiast & Expert

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2021, 08:15:04 PM

Litecoin should be in the top-5 CMC. It's crazy if you see BNB, ADA, XRP, DOGE, etc. way above LTC. The problem with LTC is that too many coins with similar function, for example BCH, BSV, and other BTC forks.

Exactly. Back in the day, Litecoin was a better alternative to the Bitcoin blockchain thanks to its fast transaction confirmation times and low fees. But now that we have superior projects with greater transaction capacity, there may be no need for Litecoin at all.
XRP is quite old, but at the time there is no POW alternative, now we have BCH.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
lixer

Activity: 2506
Merit: 586

View Profile
June 22, 2021, 08:52:27 PM

Interesting discussion/points that you raise here.  I guess I am a bit biased as I Charlie Lee and chat with him quite often, but I expect Litecoin to be around for some time.  First off I like how Charlie releases that it's never going to "beat out" bitcoin, hence why he always calls it Bitcoin Silver.  I do like the quicker/cheaper aspect of it of course.  The one thing I question and will probably ask Charlie this, but why are they moving to a Proof of Stake blockchain?  That is the one downfall that bothers me at this time.

Otherwise it's one of the best altcoin options out there due to having such a large market-cap and a well known brand.
You are one of the lucky ones, it is very rare that we get to chat with anyone at the top at these days, it is a shame to not keep in contact with them. I have chat once with theymos before in my life waaay back in the day and it was about the future of bitcointalk and what he was intending to do, and I have talked with vitalik once and eth wasn't even a thing back then, it was all about bitcoin and how the adoption could be increased to get bitcoin accepted in other places.

What I realized about these people, people who are at the top of the crypto fame list, is the fact that they do not have much time, which means they have to act in a rush and that usually means they have to change their minds about what they want to do, which means Charlie could had amazing ideas for litecoin back in the day when you chat him, but that doesn't mean that he still has the same feelings about it, publicly or not.

LordMiguel

Activity: 175
Merit: 10

ITSMYNE

View Profile
June 22, 2021, 11:12:58 PM

this has happened to be my worst investment of all time. every time i trade Litecoin after observing the TAs and FA, it always goes side ways. i found it difficult to understand why. litcoin and EOS has always create more loose for me than any other token that i have traded. i believe that i will benefit from it sooner or later. hoping to get something when the market comes back.

NicNacCoin

Activity: 1288
Merit: 451

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
June 22, 2021, 11:17:03 PM

I used Litecoin to transfer funds between exchanges and wallets. Litecoin has very cheap fees and transaction speed is faster than bitcoin. Then I began to use TRON, because transactions are instant and the commission is very very small.
The future of cryptocurrency is smart contracts and instant transactions. If Litecoin Developers do nothing in this direction, they will lose users.
Yes mate you are absolutely right because when all transactions fees very much high then I used litecoin as my transaction because it's transactions fees very low compared to others plafrorms.

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
Rebdoomer

Activity: 100
Merit: 2

Buy Bitcoin

View Profile
June 23, 2021, 02:48:55 AM

Litecoin will struggle to increase in value because it has more competition against speed coins with low transaction fees and fast transaction times. Coins such as Dogecoin, Bitcoin Cash, Dash, Nano, Digibyte, Ethereum, Cardano and Tron. There are many more, these are the main ones.
rodskee

Activity: 2366
Merit: 191

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
June 23, 2021, 03:22:40 AM

The "Silver to Bitcoin's Gold" has been out of the spotlight for quite time. I'm surprised this is happening with LTC since worthless coins like Dogecoin and SHIBA are getting all of the attention in the mainstream world. Unlike the aforementioned coins, Litecoin with only 84 million coins that will ever exist. One thing for sure is that Litecoin is faster and cheaper than Bitcoin. If DOGE went all the way from being worth nothing all the way to nearly $1 per coin, then Litecoin can do much more than that.
But Litecoin had already a  Good run since alast year even before the bullrun happens , i remember that since september of 2020 Litecoin climbs hundreds of percent easiy together with Ripple before the case was filed in US court.
Last time I've checked, LTC developers announced the "Mimblewimble" privacy technique. I don't know if it's already been implemented since I haven't been catching up with the project's progress. Adding new features to a Blockchain should make the underlying cryptocurrency soar all the way to the moon. Yet, nothing is happening as LTC remains stagnant in price.
I have been waiting for the release also yet no confirmation till now.

Am I missing something here? What do you think may be the cause of Litecoin's stagnation? Will it have a future? Do you think it is worth buying and holding for the long term just like Bitcoin? Your input will be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much. Smiley
Maybe the community support mate? and they are still afraid of what will happen soon because of the issue comes last time when Selling of Litecoin happens from the creator.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: