Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 05:37:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Market Analysis of Mina Protocol: Lightweight Privacy-based Blockchain Protocol  (Read 50 times)
RyanHuang (OP)

Activity: 113
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 01, 2021, 08:23:14 AM

I.Introduction

Mina Protocol, formerly known as Coda Protocol, is a lightweight privacy-based blockchain system based on zk-SNARKs (zero knowledge proof). Mina Protocol’s biggest advantage of is that when compared to the blockspace used by Bitcoin and Ethereum which is calculated in GB, Mina protocol only needs 22KB (equivalent to the size of several tweets) to run the nodes.

Mina's approach in using zk-SNARKs is to create SNARK (that is, recursive) for SNARK, then iterate and nest them over and over again, linking these SNARK proofs together in a recursive structure, achieving a fixed blockchain size of about 22 KB.

View the full analysis
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ilovealtcoins

Activity: 1246
Merit: 263

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
June 01, 2021, 09:05:22 AM
Last edit: June 01, 2021, 03:02:40 PM by ilovealtcoins

The file structure is meant to be stacked so how can each block be 22KB. In my understanding, over time this structure will make the blockchain heavier and heavier. Another problem is that this blockchain is so light, what will it be used for?
I prefer a blockchain of moderate size because it can ensure applicability and security.
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 402

View Profile
June 01, 2021, 10:48:45 AM

The file structure is meant to be stacked so how can each block be 22k. In my understanding, over time this structure will make the blockchain heavier and heavier. Another problem is that this blockchain is so light, what will it be used for?
I prefer a blockchain of moderate size because it can ensure applicability and security.

I guess Op is referring to block size limit rather than a whole Blockchain.
I think a proper size should depend on participants producing their own Blocks, which would work great on multi-chain Network with custom Blockchains.
ilovealtcoins

Activity: 1246
Merit: 263

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
June 01, 2021, 03:06:28 PM

The file structure is meant to be stacked so how can each block be 22k. In my understanding, over time this structure will make the blockchain heavier and heavier. Another problem is that this blockchain is so light, what will it be used for?

I guess Op is referring to block size limit rather than a whole Blockchain.
I think a proper size should depend on participants producing their own Blocks, which would work great on multi-chain Network with custom Blockchains.

I corrected the typo. There's a blockchain that's custom-sized, that's Lamden. Read through this document to better understand how they work.

https://blog.lamden.io/high-performance-and-scalability-on-a-python-blockchain-47c0200c3ef6

Mina said that each block is always 22KB so how will the transactions being translated add data. Bitcoin per block is 1MB and it's still congested.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: