Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 02:04:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: antminer l3+ hashboard appearing and disappearing  (Read 207 times)
oscartheprofessor (OP)

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 05, 2021, 01:08:13 PM

im oscar and once again thanks in advance for you help.
i recently got an antminer l3+
since the moment i put it on line hashboard n1 and n4 was not detected
then once i reset it all 4 hash boards went online.
after few minutes  n1 vanished and the n4  first was working fine and after a while was showing faulty chips... first 1 then few and then all untill the hash rate of the whole  board was 0.
yesterday after some strange self rebooring  n4 hash board came on line and all the chip are fine and now is already 1 day hashing full power.
any advice ??
should i change the n1 card ?
i already switched all wire around and its not the wire but the card i think.
whats your advice ?
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
June 05, 2021, 01:31:58 PM

From a hardware standpoint, I think if leaving it running makes it fail from working it might be the internal wiring of the board so it might be worth replacing. There might be tech support with bitmain or on blogs you can check for this sort of information though too to see if there is an easier fix.
psycodad
Legendary

Activity: 1608
Merit: 1591

精神分析的爸

View Profile
June 05, 2021, 02:08:18 PM

You should post what chip voltage and frequency setting you are using, as well as the kind of firmware and the numbers of errors per time (i.e. hour or day) you get on the boards.

If the whole board gets XXXXX it can be a sign that your frequency is too high for that board and/or the chip voltage for that board is too low.

If the whole board disappears from the Web GUI it can be a sign that the PIC controller on the hash board needs to be reflashed.

HTH

oscartheprofessor (OP)

View Profile
June 05, 2021, 04:02:44 PM

the chip voltage dont know where to see it,,, no display visiable
the frequency is 384
the n4 board is now full working with no error at all
only n1 board is missing ...
how can i flash the pic controller ??
im very new in this
got my miner 3 days ago
before shipping it they show me a test video and was running fine with all 4 cards...
many during shippping something happened ?
many thanks for your help
JeromeTash
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1213

Heisenberg

View Profile
June 05, 2021, 04:08:14 PM

I would suggest you move this thread to Mining (Altcoins) If you want to get much more audience and more replies from people who are more familiar with mining and the AntMiner L3+

The option to move topic is on the bottom left of your topic.

Which store sold you the miner?

█████████████████████████
██
█████▀▀███████▀▀███████
█████▀░░▄███████▄░░▀█████
██▀░░██████▀░▀████░░▀██
██▀░░▀▀▀████████████░░▀██
██░░█▄████▀▀███▀█████░░██
██░░███▄▄███████▀▀███░░██
██░░█████████████████░░██
██▄░░████▄▄██████▄▄█░░▄██
██▄░░██████▄░░████░░▄██
█████▄░░▀███▌░░▐▀░░▄█████
███████▄▄███████▄▄███████
█████████████████████████
.ROOBET 2.0..██████.IIIIIFASTER & SLEEKER.██████.
|

█▄█
▀█▀
████▄▄██████▄▄████
█▄███▀█░░█████░░█▀███▄█
▀█▄▄░▐█████████▌▄▄█▀
██▄▄█████████▄▄████▌
██████▄▄████████
█▀▀████████████████
██████
█████████████
██
█▀▀██████████████
▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
    PLAY NOW    
oscartheprofessor (OP)

View Profile
June 05, 2021, 04:24:42 PM

From a hardware standpoint, I think if leaving it running makes it fail from working it might be the internal wiring of the board so it might be worth replacing. There might be tech support with bitmain or on blogs you can check for this sort of information though too to see if there is an easier fix.
yes i got the option to send it back for reparation but i wanted to be sure its really broken...
flashing the miner may help ?
oscartheprofessor (OP)

View Profile
June 05, 2021, 04:34:20 PM

You should post what chip voltage and frequency setting you are using, as well as the kind of firmware and the numbers of errors per time (i.e. hour or day) you get on the boards.

If the whole board gets XXXXX it can be a sign that your frequency is too high for that board and/or the chip voltage for that board is too low.

If the whole board disappears from the Web GUI it can be a sign that the PIC controller on the hash board needs to be reflashed.

HTH

flashing the pic controller its the same as flashing the intere miner ?
oscartheprofessor (OP)

View Profile
June 05, 2021, 04:55:51 PM

I would suggest you move this thread to Mining (Altcoins) If you want to get much more audience and more replies from people who are more familiar with mining and the AntMiner L3+

The option to move topic is on the bottom left of your topic.

Which store sold you the miner?

ok thanks
i will try

i got the miner from a chinese company well known
psycodad
Legendary

精神分析的爸

View Profile
June 05, 2021, 05:01:26 PM

HTH

No, that is not the same.
If you have the option for repair, I would suggest to send the faulty hash board back. In the meantime you can still use the miner with the other 3 boards.

oscartheprofessor (OP)

View Profile
June 07, 2021, 08:42:43 AM

HTH

how do i flash the pc controll of the hash board ?

thanks very much for all your support guys you are super cool
oscartheprofessor (OP)

View Profile
June 08, 2021, 12:00:23 PM

HTH

No, that is not the same.
If you have the option for repair, I would suggest to send the faulty hash board back. In the meantime you can still use the miner with the other 3 boards.

i have now flashed the circuit board with the 2019 firmaware but once again when i try to upload the firmware it tell me the 404 error message had it into another tap...
im using the mac but with parallel using windows 10 and  edge explorer ...
why cant he find the file ??
should i try to use a normal pc ??
or is something else ??
psycodad
Legendary

精神分析的爸

View Profile
June 08, 2021, 12:32:16 PM

HTH

Check this topic for more information:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2383200

HTH

oscartheprofessor (OP)

View Profile
June 08, 2021, 01:27:08 PM

HTH

Check this topic for more information:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2383200

HTH

thanks... i took a look at it but with no image its very hard for me...

i saw before the blizz program recovery videos but they do not plug any board on it and i heard i should use only bitmain...
i have now flashed with the 2019 firmware with the sd card but if i try to do it true the mac it tells me it cant find the file.
i had a virus changing the pool ip.
how can i know if the firmware was updated ??
in the miner bio i can read the system is from 2019 but i dont know if was like this before .
can be that im using my mac to upload the firmaware eventhou im using  parallel and windows 10 with edge explorer ?
hus2020

Activity: 1

View Profile
July 11, 2021, 02:23:48 PM

im oscar and once again thanks in advance for you help.
i recently got an antminer l3+
since the moment i put it on line hashboard n1 and n4 was not detected
then once i reset it all 4 hash boards went online.
after few minutes  n1 vanished and the n4  first was working fine and after a while was showing faulty chips... first 1 then few and then all untill the hash rate of the whole  board was 0.
yesterday after some strange self rebooring  n4 hash board came on line and all the chip are fine and now is already 1 day hashing full power.
any advice ??
should i change the n1 card ?
i already switched all wire around and its not the wire but the card i think.
whats your advice ?
@oscartheprofessor,

Im having same issues of appearing and dissapearing hashboard 1 & 3.

How did u solve this?

Im on hiveon firmware, I have tried to reduce the freq and increase voltage but still have trouble with these 2 hashboards.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: