Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 12:22:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: June 12: Democracy for who?  (Read 186 times)
Pokapoka124 (OP)

Activity: 1162
Merit: 555

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2021, 11:19:47 AM
Last edit: June 15, 2021, 06:12:09 AM by Pokapoka124

June 12 is a holiday to celebrate the restoration of democracy in the Federal Republic of Nigeria. The Nigerian youths had called for nationwide protests on Saturday on "Democracy Day", over the bad governance and insecurity sweeping the nation, as well as the recent Twitter ban by the government. The ban on twitter is one of many evil done by the government. They trample on the rights of citizens at every given chance. Nigerians have been oppressed for so long, we barely know freedom. We have gotten used to the illusion of democracy when in reality our government practice dictatorship.
Anytime we attempt a revolution or try to come together to form a united front, the government throws in religion, ethnicity, tribe to divide us. And that always seem to do the trick but when that fails as we saw during the EndSARS protest, they bring in fear, they become offensive and shoot at their citizens. Anyone who tries to speak up is shut down, media houses are controlled by the government and the truth is whatever they shove down our throats. This is the form of " Democracy " we practice, a democracy where the blood of patriots are spilled on the streets of Lagos, a democracy where peaceful protesters are murdered in the  by the Nigerian army, a democracy where men in black called SARS (Special Anti robbery Squad) exploit the innocent and are protected by the full weight of the government. On October 20th 2020, the lekki massacre happened, the Nigerian Army opened fire on peaceful End SARS protesters at the Lekki toll gate, those that escaped were hunted and gunned down. Some were lucky enough be granted alyssum in foreign nations.

This image represents our reality. The greatest tool of manipulation used by the  Nigerian government is Poverty. They keep the masses poor and desperate, so when they need something from the people they can always offer them money. Money for your votes, money to be thugs, money to do their dirty work. Little wonder why the government does everything in their power to frustrate legitimate businesses in the country. Bitcoin was banned in Nigeria for a reason contrary to what most believe the government actually understands the potential of crypto and all the opportunities it brings. That's why it was banned.  Its all a chess game to them and we are the pawns, a little Greek sacrifice and we cave in. That's the system we are born into. So when the next elections come in 2023, do not sell your votes, do not sit at home, do not hesitate. Exercise your right to be a free man and vote. That's our only hope at liberation.
As we celebrate our dear "democracy" offered to us, let us not forget our loved ones who were massacred by the Nigerian Armed forces whist singing the national anthem at Lekki toll gate. They promised us justice for our dead but instead they took away voice..trying so hard to shut us out from the rest of the world. Now SARS is back on our streets, operating in our neighborhoods. Only God knows what they have orchestrated behind closed doors. Pray for Nigeria! Happy democracy day!
Mistafreeze

Activity: 897
Merit: 284

View Profile
June 14, 2021, 08:43:15 PM
Last edit: June 15, 2021, 04:55:33 PM by Mistafreeze

Indeed our government have continued to orchestrate dictatorial government on it's citizen,neglecting and silencing the voice of the people,putting the people in fear.The press have been subjected to only what the government says,because if they voice out their anger,the government will look for them and probably gun them down, little wonder why our youths where killed at the toll gate.Despite the oppression from the government,intimidation from the security personnel,threat from the leaders,Nigerian citizens will continue to thrive towards our right,freedom and liberty.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 1373

View Profile
June 15, 2021, 02:42:41 PM

Democracy is the problem. Democracy is the rule of the 51% over the 49% who become slaves when they lose. Of course, the 51% gives the directing of the nation to a small group in government. And this group never does what the 51% wants.

Get rid of Democracy. Set up Libertarianism. People can do whatever they want in every way, as long as they don't harm other people or damage their property. Enforce this Libertarianism. Get rid of Democracy, which turns into Dictatorship by a handful of people.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Cnut237
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277

View Profile
June 15, 2021, 03:37:24 PM

Democracy is the problem. [...] Get rid of Democracy, which turns into Dictatorship by a handful of people.

The main problem with democracy is that all you need to do to get a majority of the vote is appeal to the base prejudices of a sufficient number of people. Elections are increasingly won by soundbites rather than substantial and workable policies. And of course the elites who run the media have a huge influence.

Pokapoka124 (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2021, 08:18:54 PM

Democracy is the problem. Democracy is the rule of the 51% over the 49% who become slaves when they lose. Of course, the 51% gives the directing of the nation to a small group in government. And this group never does what the 51% wants.

Get rid of Democracy. Set up Libertarianism. People can do whatever they want in every way, as long as they don't harm other people or damage their property. Enforce this Libertarianism. Get rid of Democracy, which turns into Dictatorship by a handful of people.

Cool
In third world countries, the concept of democracy is a fraud carefully drafted by politicians to please the international community. Democracy hasn't changed anything, we look up to the West as a beacon of hope but the history remains the same only the names change. Once they called it slavery now they call it mass incarceration. Democracy is an idea that is yet to be truly practiced
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2021, 09:45:36 PM

If you are going to have a Democracy, here's the basics of the way to do it. And we don't really have to assume a two-party system for this...

**The officials running for office make a binding agreement with their Party. **The agreement is a contract that they will fulfill all the platform items of the Party in a timely manner as stated in the contract. **If the Party happens to win, and the elected official seems to not be able to make it with regard to the contract time for any of the platform items, he has a chance to resign before the deadline... at which time the next in line (president >>> vice-president) takes over and must fulfill the platform item in the same time that the original guy should have. **Of course, if none of the people who are in line for the fulfillment think that they are able to do it, they all resign, and the next highest Party people step into government to fulfill THEIR platform items.

To avoid confusion, the second Party has already placed its people into a dummy government, dummy positions, both to watch their opponents... to make sure they fulfill their contract, and to be ready for the event that the winning Party just might resign, and the second Party take over. If the second party takes over, the third party sets its dummy government in place in preparation for the event of the second party failing.

If any elected official fails to resign, and fails to fulfill the contract with his party in a contractual timely manner (the second party will be watching), mandatory execution for that official, or life imprisonment with hard labor in a few circumstances.

You want Democracy? Do it this way, and it will stand a chance of working.

Obviously, there are details that need to be worked out, like Party platform contract wording that gives the people the thing that they are asking for. A runner-for-office can step down any time before or after the election.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
semobo

Activity: 1498
Merit: 146

View Profile
June 17, 2021, 11:57:21 AM

Democracy is the problem. [...] Get rid of Democracy, which turns into Dictatorship by a handful of people.

The main problem with democracy is that all you need to do to get a majority of the vote is appeal to the base prejudices of a sufficient number of people. Elections are increasingly won by soundbites rather than substantial and workable policies. And of course the elites who run the media have a huge influence.
Democracy is short term dictatorship, people who won in the democratic nations become dictators and they starts to implement the laws no matter whether it benefits the people or going to harm them. For example governments increasing the personal income taxes and reducing the corporate income tax so a common man who lost his job already going to get double kick while the big companies who are making more money going to pay less tax than previous years. Governments are run by the elites who just made those puppets as leaders and make laws which favorable to them.
mu_enrico
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2143

Slots Enthusiast & Expert

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2021, 04:48:35 PM

Democracy is just a fundamental philosophy, and it sure has flaws including the rule of majority. Hence countries, in this case, Nigeria, uses Federal Republic so the minority (in theory) also have some power. I believe the problem is not about the political system, but about the people. As stated:

We have gotten used to the illusion of democracy when in reality our government practice dictatorship.
The government didn't practice what they preach.

So what to do if you have an oppressive government? For me, I'd try to be successful in my life so that I can move out to 1st world country. I found staying and trying to change the situation is not worth the effort.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Natsuu

Activity: 1120
Merit: 158

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
June 18, 2021, 04:14:36 PM

Democracy is just a fundamental philosophy, and it sure has flaws including the rule of majority. Hence countries, in this case, Nigeria, uses Federal Republic so the minority (in theory) also have some power. I believe the problem is not about the political system, but about the people. As stated:

We have gotten used to the illusion of democracy when in reality our government practice dictatorship.
The government didn't practice what they preach.

So what to do if you have an oppressive government? For me, I'd try to be successful in my life so that I can move out to 1st world country. I found staying and trying to change the situation is not worth the effort.

Did you solve the problem? no? you just flee, and stay away from the root of the problem, leaving incapable people behind and suffer.

CryptocurencyKing

Activity: 1288
Merit: 504

View Profile
June 18, 2021, 05:10:42 PM

Nigerian government is one of the worst in the world. They have succeeded in making it's citizens believe that, there is actually no room for a change and the best that could be done is just to adjust and fit in the system for which they have crafted for the citizens. Its really that bad and gets worst by the day.

I see citizens, mostly youths struggle to better the system and I wonder to what ends. It only results in the death of the youths. The youths who are the supposed future of a nation. Yet, its the blood of these youths that the Nigerian governance through its political system spills.
How then do you hope to have a future when the youths who are the future are been killed.

If there is any hope for Nigeria, its held by a single, tiny string and it would take more than a super hero to pul it up. Unity for the Nigerian people and wisdom in all ramifications are my prayers for the citizens of this nation.
mu_enrico
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2143

Slots Enthusiast & Expert

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2021, 05:25:53 PM

Did you solve the problem? no? you just flee, and stay away from the root of the problem, leaving incapable people behind and suffer.
You know, mate, I rarely talk bullshit, about being hero and all that crap. If I stay, with the understanding that my government is crap, I will find myself difficult to cooperate, and if I speak too much, the chance is I'll be jailed or even killed. As an ordinary citizen, I have no stake as well, so if the regime change after a bloody civil war, the chance is I'll have nothing to gain.

Well, the circumstance changes if I'm one of the tribe leader (or descendant), if enough people support me, I'll liberate the people from tyranny! Until I become the dictator that you hate. And the cycle continues...

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2021, 05:49:32 PM

You know, mate, I rarely talk bullshit, about being hero and all that crap. If I stay, with the understanding that my government is crap, I will find myself difficult to cooperate, and if I speak too much, the chance is I'll be jailed or even killed. As an ordinary citizen, I have no stake as well, so if the regime change after a bloody civil war, the chance is I'll have nothing to gain.

Well, the circumstance changes if I'm one of the tribe leader (or descendant), if enough people support me, I'll liberate the people from tyranny! Until I become the dictator that you hate. And the cycle continues...

Here's the difference. And I am not saying this in a derogatory way. The best Democracy we have seen is the US Democracy... not that there haven't been better ones that dropped off the map. Why won't the people of other countries simply adopt the US Democracy? Because they don't have the mindset, or possibly the intelligence.

When the US Democracy was set up, the idea was to give the people total freedom with the ability to remove the freedom from them as time went on, a little at a time. The more intelligent people among those who set up the US Democracy, used subtle trickery that the less intelligent didn't clearly realize was being set into place.

At the time of the US revolution, everybody needed everybody to pull it off. The more intelligent needed the strength of the less intelligent, and vice versa. So, everybody gave in to the others a bit. The freedom lasted for a long time simply because the less intelligent could see through almost all of the illusions of freedom that the more intelligent were trying to blind them with.

Many countries are being taken over by the more intelligent, greedy people of the US. It's easier doing this than fighting their fellow free people at home. The example of the US and all of Western Europe doing this in Africa is shown by the numbers of countries that have been controlled for a time by other nations.

If Africa wants freedom, they need to place themselves into the mindset of freedom.

Cool

Pokapoka124 (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2021, 06:58:03 PM

Here's the difference. And I am not saying this in a derogatory way. The best Democracy we have seen is the US Democracy... not that there haven't been better ones that dropped off the map. Why won't the people of other countries simply adopt the US Democracy? Because they don't have the mindset, or possibly the intelligence.

When the US Democracy was set up, the idea was to give the people total freedom with the ability to remove the freedom from them as time went on, a little at a time. The more intelligent people among those who set up the US Democracy, used subtle trickery that the less intelligent didn't clearly realize was being set into place.

At the time of the US revolution, everybody needed everybody to pull it off. The more intelligent needed the strength of the less intelligent, and vice versa. So, everybody gave in to the others a bit. The freedom lasted for a long time simply because the less intelligent could see through almost all of the illusions of freedom that the more intelligent were trying to blind them with.

Many countries are being taken over by the more intelligent, greedy people of the US. It's easier doing this than fighting their fellow free people at home. The example of the US and all of Western Europe doing this in Africa is shown by the numbers of countries that have been controlled for a time by other nations.

If Africa wants freedom, they need to place themselves into the mindset of freedom.

Cool
Intelligent you say? Maybe you should tell that to the Black Lives Matters protesters across the 50 states. Tell that to the happy trigger cops. It seems every time I turn on the news it's another dead black father, son on the news. Resulting in a black child growing up without a father, or a aggrieved parent angry at the system for the death of their child. And so the cycle continues.  Freedom is relative, and so is suffering.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2021, 09:02:57 PM

Intelligent you say? Maybe you should tell that to the Black Lives Matters protesters across the 50 states. Tell that to the happy trigger cops. It seems every time I turn on the news it's another dead black father, son on the news. Resulting in a black child growing up without a father, or a aggrieved parent angry at the system for the death of their child. And so the cycle continues.  Freedom is relative, and so is suffering.

What happens when BLM harms people and the people fight back? Karl Rittenhouse!

When you have judges teaming up with attorneys to help BLM, then what to do?

This - https://www.youtube.com/c/CraigLynch/videos...

... and this - https://awarriorcalls.com/.

Or you can stick head in hole in sand and let them beat your butt.

Get in there and start studying, right now, while you have time. Then team up with people who feel the same, and go to court. Take 25 buddies to court as observers, and form a grand jury against the judge when he treats a you as guilty until proven innocent when he should be treating you innocent until proven guilty.

This knowledge can make you government-proof against all of their shady Covid and Covid vaxx tactics as well. It won't be easy, because even though Americans aren't as dumb as most Africans, they aren't as generally smart as crooked judges and attorneys. Start now, while you have time.

Cool

Ebede

Activity: 868
Merit: 38

Join hands and help me to grow everybody...

View Profile
June 19, 2021, 11:26:36 PM

Democracy's is like government something, and observing democracy's day is not encouragable because from the definition of democracy's, is for government of the people and by the people and for the people, but the system of leadership is pisting off due their incompetence in office, bagging money, saving money for their entire generation.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬Crypto Bookmaker & Casino▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Sports   ●  Welcome bonus up to 7BTC║  1❌BTCit ║  Enjoy anonymous betting  ●  Casino
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
//////////////////////////////////
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
June 19, 2021, 11:40:10 PM

Democracy's is like government something, and observing democracy's day is not encouragable because from the definition of democracy's, is for government of the people and by the people and for the people, but the system of leadership is pisting off due their incompetence in office, bagging money, saving money for their entire generation.

Democracy's
Of the people
By the people
For the people

=
A handful (less than a thousand) of jokers in the Federal Government dictating to 330 or 340 million people
In the USA.

Cool

nightrider

Activity: 348
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 20, 2021, 11:15:00 PM

June 12 is Nigeria's democracy day. This is a tradition celebrated every year, starting in 2000.  June 12 previously known as  Abiola Day, is celebrated in Lagos, Nigeria and some southwestern states of Nigeria. Nigeria's  Democracy Day is a holiday to celebrate the restoration of democracy in the Federal Republic ofNigeria.

MOCKTAIL  -  THE  FIRST  SEMI-FUNGIBLE  TOKEN  ON  BSE 
        WEBSITE        WHITEPAPER        SMART CONTRACT        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        TELEGRAM        ANN

Smartvirus
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1110

View Profile
June 22, 2021, 10:23:27 PM
Merited by CryptopreneurBrainboss (2)

You know, back in the days when I was still an elementary school kid, taking classes with other pupils,  days such as the democracy day or freedom day and the independence day where days that brought  great pleasure and joy to the minds of every Nigerian child, youth and adult at large. It was a day that breath hope in the minds of those who knew of its importance and inspired those who knew not or celebrated in a way that a child could feel its importance too. Now, the whole culture or practice is a waste. Nobody cares a thing about it anymore as the natioj has been rubbed of its future.

The leaders of the nation has succeeded in planting on the hearts of its youths the mindset of taking opportunities at the expense of orders no matter the cost. Rubbing us of our feeling of togetherness and a peace coexistence with our neighbours. They look out for a means to limit the common man to a status they can easily control and ride on even his or her fundamental human right. You don't speak except spoken to is the way if there leadership, little wonder how can there be a ban on twitter,  a vital means of communication in Nigeria without due deliberation.

Nigeria has become a nation that belongs to the elites of its society. They commit crimes and clear the noise with treats. They ask you to come out and present a proof with the aim of making you a martyr in this modern world. Where crimes committed in revolutions even on camera are termed edited and photoshope videos mean while, there staged acts for international evaluation remains accurate. Nigeria is in peril from its individual citizens, the elites. Our supposed heros have turned foes. Unity we pray.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Lordhermes

Activity: 1232
Merit: 379

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2021, 03:49:36 PM

How then do you hope to have a future when the youths who are the future are been killed.
The youth are actually the future of a country, and when the Government which are suppose to protect the youth,  are the one killing them. That's definitely means, the Government don't care about the Future of the country.
I watched videos about the Endsars protests which happened last year, and saw how the youths were shut by security personnel. Nigeria still have a long way to go.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: