Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 01:47:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How did you first hear about Bitcoin?  (Read 1202 times)
perryxi2
Copper Member

Activity: 226
Merit: 1

RangersProtocol.com

View Profile
July 26, 2021, 04:46:42 PM

The first time I knew about BTC was introduced by a friend about cryptocurrency investment and he and I quickly invested an initial level of only 1BTC then made a profit and continued to invest until now. I invested quite a bit in BTC.

─────     RangersProtocol.com     ─────
████  ███  ██  █          VIRTUAL WORLDS BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE          █  ██  ███  ████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
goldade

Activity: 896
Merit: 104

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
July 26, 2021, 10:10:40 PM

I first got to know about bitcoin back in 2017 when my brother introduced me bitcoin faucets. It was a way of amassing bitcoin until it reached a significant amount and then you can withdraw.
This, however,  is not reliable as it takes a very long time to amass. Later, this same brother introduced me to bitcointalk. I got to know I can earn bitcoins by participating in signature campaigns. I took that serious because it pays way more than faucets and I could learn as well in the community.

19Nov16

Activity: 1722
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 27, 2021, 04:34:19 AM

I first heard of it when I friend of mine said(jokingly) that he could get anyone assassinated for 6BTC on silk road. I asked what it was and he said that it was an online currency that nobody uses. I googled Bitcoin..I have not slept since.
:3
How did you first hear about Bitcoin?

The first time i heard about bitcoin was from online news around 2013 which said there is someone who can make up to $10k from mining bitcoin, I think this is a huge income and I want earning like him. Then I googled a lot of articles about bitcoin and tried mining with 3 units of S5, unfortunately the income didn't match my expectations and I sold it again in 2015.

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
  ▄▄█▀█▄              ▄█▀█▄▄
▄█▀     ▀▀█▄     ▄▄█▀▀     ▀█▄
██          ▀█▄▄█▀          ██
▀█▄     ▄▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀▀▄▄▄     ▄█▀
  ▀█▄▄▄▀▀            ▀▀▄▄▄█▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
cogwise
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
Hyper-charge your trading with intelligent insights   ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

breathlessz

Activity: 770
Merit: 12

Trphy.io

View Profile
July 27, 2021, 06:10:04 AM

I remember when I was around town looking for a job, where I accidentally met an old friend, and he was doing this job, and from there I started to learn a lot from him so I understand a little about cryptocurrency, until now I also feel the income from here

dustboy

Activity: 1022
Merit: 517

View Profile
July 27, 2021, 06:29:23 AM

I remember when I was around town looking for a job, where I accidentally met an old friend, and he was doing this job, and from there I started to learn a lot from him so I understand a little about cryptocurrency, until now I also feel the income from here

What kind of job you're referring to? Do you mean to say about bounty program from those altcoin projects in this forum? If it is the case, I think you and your friend doing it wrong to consider bounty program as a "job". Take it as a bonus only while you are learning about cryptocurrency in this forum.

I got to know about bitcoin for the first from an online news about early adopter of bitcoin who could make a huge profit just from few bucks after few years. At the first time, I thought it was just a hoax or something unreal so I did not really care about it. Few months later I heard from a close friend that he earn some money from online investment (cloud mining). He show me a proof of the payment of his earning and that's the first time I decided to start learning about bitcoin.
lablab03

Activity: 1064
Merit: 112

View Profile
July 27, 2021, 06:45:41 AM

If i'm not mistaken probably when i was a student and that time my classmate discovered a mining app for bitcoin on mobile devices, but we figured it out that it was fake. Lmao until we search for such app that making free money and we noticed that there's a bunch of advertisement about bitcoin so we open every article that poping up because of curiosity, until we become interested on it and we try to make small investment.. And that time we are totally convinced that bitcoin is a legit thing in the internet.
randegibran

Activity: 882
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 27, 2021, 07:39:14 PM

bitcoin has.become a very popular business.at this time in the world of cryptocurrency and its.development is very fast, almost some people know bitcoin as a.business, especially now with a very sophisticated.era so we can easily.get information very quickly and accurate.by using the internet, so we are no longer difficult to find information related to a business.that we will live for in the future
imstillthebest

Activity: 1638
Merit: 122

View Profile
July 27, 2021, 08:35:16 PM

That's not a joke op but you can buy illegal service and stuffs in the dark web but for 6btc to hire a killer ?
 I think that was too small and might be a scam because the value of 1btc before is cheap and there are lots of scams in the dark web .
i guess majority of us also heard btc because of the dark web because it was a popular topic way back 2010's but now btc can be heard almost anywhere and its use are not limited anymore .
Amejoaquim

Activity: 924
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 27, 2021, 10:37:34 PM

I first hear about bitcoin is from youtube in 2017, at that time i watch the video about mining and after i seeing the video its make me more interested to know more about bitcoin. So i decided to spend my money to do some trade, i thought if i want to buy btc i should buy 1 btc LOL, but in the reality i don't need to buy "1" but i can just buy 0.000000xxx.
Bollexz1

Activity: 868
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 28, 2021, 07:16:06 AM

I first heard of it when I friend of mine said(jokingly) that he could get anyone assassinated for 6BTC on silk road. I asked what it was and he said that it was an online currency that nobody uses. I googled Bitcoin..I have not slept since.

Internet is where I first came across Bitcoin on 2017. It derives my attention when a see a headline that goes like "Bitcoin, the new way to have your money decentralized" I can't really remember the source though, but I went ahead to read and that's where I discover how safe and secured the use of bitcoin is.

Some says its late knowing Bitcoin at 2017 as it values 23000$ then, I got distracted by few other people but I tried discarding every discouragement when I learnt I can put up as little as $1 investment in bitcoin.

▀ ▄▀ ██ ▀ ▀████████████████     S E C O N D L I V E     ████████████████▀ ▀ ██ ▀▄ ▀
♦      CHOOSE LIFE      ♦     CHOOSE SPACE     ♦   CHOOSE FRIENDS   ♦
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
ayaanajones_crypto

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 28, 2021, 12:51:24 PM

I heard it only in 2017 when it set a new ATH of $19,678. It created a hype among many. After that, I started learning what is Bitcoin and the technology behind it. Since then, I have become an ardent fan of bitcoin.BTC
conected

Activity: 1302
Merit: 503

View Profile
July 28, 2021, 02:56:45 PM

The first time I heard about bitcoin was in 2014 when an online site reported that bitcoin was a very risky investment, this actually made me curious so I looked for information about bitcoin and made me interested until the first time I bought 0.358 btc when the price 1 btc around $435.
- I also know bitcoin in the price range you said, maybe a little more or less but overall the price at that time was still quite cheap and faucet mining and buying and selling market is still very simple, few people intend to hold for the future but in a few blinks of an eye, a few years of development and manipulation, bitcoin was no longer able to be bought cheaply, it really reminded me of the time when everything was known only to the Satoshi unit

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
███████                  ███████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

. Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore .
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
Ryankimbely

Activity: 1

View Profile
July 28, 2021, 09:22:43 PM
Merited by Symmetrick (1)

Bitcoin, the first time i heard about bitcoin. It was a friend of mine that first told me about bitcoin after then, i made some research  about bitcoin on google is there i read more about bitcoin, how it works, and i realized one can sell and buy bitcoin. And that you can sell things and let people pay you with bitcoin. To me bitcoin is unlike an online version of cash. A digital currency.
No matter how many miners, it still take 10 minutes to mine 1 bitcoin. Bitcoin is a digital currency powered by many computers around the world.
verita1

Activity: 1358
Merit: 81

View Profile
July 28, 2021, 11:50:24 PM

I heard about bitcoin on Twitter when its price was $ 700, taking a look at the chart, it could have been 04-11-2016 and it wasn't until the following year that I created an account on bitcointalk and decided to learn more about bitcoin and cryptocurrencies.

According to what people who know about bitcoin for the first time say they decided to learn more, it is very unlikely that people will stop supporting it completely.
The more people learn about bitcoin the right way, they will surely have the satisfaction of knowing how to include it in their finances and get the best out of it.

It is never too late to invest in bitcoin if you haven't already, so do it. If the giant Amazon will include it very soon as a means of payment to bitcoin, it is because it is an accolade towards innovation where we already agree.

ali1177

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 29, 2021, 03:22:02 AM

I heard about bitcoin for the first time in 2015 when I was in high school I have heard about it through quiz competition which was held in my school. When I heard about it i'd thought that this is like a normal technology but in 2017 it's price moon to $19000 I was very shocked I was regretting why I did not invested in 2015.
oemar bakrie

Activity: 1260
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 29, 2021, 05:38:41 AM

remembering the beginning of knowing bitcoin,,all can not be separated from the information of friends and now my friend already has a lot of experience in the crypto world and also I believe the assets he has exceed the assets of the rich people in my area if it is cashed..
back to this topic, info from friends does not go directly to bitcoin, but is invited to participate in this forum and that's where I can independently find out what bitcoin is and it turns out that changes have happened now a lot of people want to have bitcoin and make it an asset future.

FXBOX    [TelegramTwitter ]  ▞  GAMEFI  ◼  NFT  ◼  DEFI  ◼  CURRENCY TRADING
██████████████████  PLAY 2 EARN FINANCIAL GAMES  ██████████████████
INVESTINGTRADINGLOTTERYMARKET PREDICTIONS     ◖ READ MORE
KeikoKitagawa18

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

World Family Coin

View Profile
July 29, 2021, 08:26:56 AM

The first time i hear about bitcoin it's from my uncle who told me to look and learn about bitcoin, so after they give me advice i try to find more information about bitcoin and after that i'm very impressed and start to know more about blockchain and here i go right now still learn everyday about bitcoin and another alts.

●   Space Knight   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  WFC  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  Donations Platform  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
xiboothrezi

Activity: 1246
Merit: 285

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2021, 08:12:57 PM

I heard about bitcoin for the first time in 2015 when I was in high school I have heard about it through quiz competition which was held in my school. When I heard about it i'd thought that this is like a normal technology but in 2017 it's price moon to $19000 I was very shocked I was regretting why I did not invested in 2015.
there's nothing to be sorry for, friends, the important thing is that we are grateful to be involved and find out bitcoin early. see there are still many people who have doubts and contra on bitcoin and crypto in general, even though there are many benefits to be had. Is not it?
I used to have doubts when my friend invited me to learn bitcoin trading in the 2016s. At that time I also didn't think the price would be like it is now, unfortunately there is no time machine, lol, so like it or not we have to try our best to take advantage of the opportunities that exist.

▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄               ▄▄▀█
    ▄█        ▀▄         ▄▄▀▀   █
  ▄▀ ▐▌         █    ▄▄▀▀    ▄▄█
▄▀▀▀ █           █▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀  █
▀▀▄█▌▌       ▄▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀    ▄▄▀
   ▀▄█    ▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀
     █   █                      ▄▄▄
      █ ▐▌            ▄▄       █   █▄
       █▀█         ▄▀▀ █        ▀▄ ▀██
       █  ▀▄     ▄▀   ▄ █         █
       █  ▄ ▀▄  █    █   ▀▀▀▄   █▀▀
      █  ▄▀  ▐▌█      █  ▄▀  █ ▐▌
  ▄███▄▄▀  ▄██▄█  ▄███▄▄▀  ▄█▄▄▄█
TFSM o v e   Y o u r   G a m e
T o   T h e   N e x t   L e v e l
|||████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
JOIN NOW
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
Aadii8430

Activity: 39

View Profile
July 29, 2021, 08:40:47 PM

In Whats App, I Friend tell me That I am Telling you About something you just bought it and after some months you will happy and excited and will be in big Profit, He was talking about bitcoin and That was the first time when i hear about bitcoin and Cryptocurrency.
bitzizzix

Activity: 2380
Merit: 448

View Profile
July 29, 2021, 08:58:21 PM

there's nothing to be sorry for, friends, the important thing is that we are grateful to be involved and find out bitcoin early. see there are still many people who have doubts and contra on bitcoin and crypto in general, even though there are many benefits to be had. Is not it?
I used to have doubts when my friend invited me to learn bitcoin trading in the 2016s. At that time I also didn't think the price would be like it is now, unfortunately there is no time machine, lol, so like it or not we have to try our best to take advantage of the opportunities that exist.
That's a natural thing and maybe many feel the same as you, because at that time there were still many who doubted bitcoin and after rising to the highest price at that time many felt sorry.
and I got involved in bitcoin and this forum in May 2017 from some of my friends who have been involved for a long time, and they told me very clearly about bitcoin and the profit they generate which made me curious and finally got involved.
and I also felt the benefits that I got, which made me believe in bitcoin even more when the end of 2017 the bitcoin price reached $19,000 more because the first time I got involved I made small purchases gradually so that I got a satisfying profit.
and I also didn't expect the increase that happened yesterday, so don't ever regret the delay because there is always a chance to go up again if we believe and be patient.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀