Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:53:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Remove Proxyban (evil fees) - email to get whitelisted for free  (Read 18810 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (8 posts by 5+ users deleted.)
LoyceV (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 16596

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2022, 01:02:54 PM

Could you please explain what the criteria to convince you are? I understand that you don't want everyone to give a free pass.
You said it already: I can't give exact criteria because that would make abuse trivially easy. So what's left is a more or less arbitrary decision based on my gut feeling. And while I've whitelisted just over 150 users, I've rejected 3 times more than that.
Administrator theymos said about evil fees:
the vast majority of accounts that hit it should not be whitelisted.

How can I prove that I am innocent and have never done bad things there?
You can't. And I have no doubt that some of the 450 rejected users shouldn't have been hit by evil fees in the first place. But I can't whitelist everyone, that will lead to many of them getting banned, which will lead to my whitelisting privileges being revoked, which will mean I can't help anyone anymore. At least I've helped some really good users join the forum, which is why I volunteered for this.

Please explain the criteria and how to convince you.
You don't have to convince me anymore, there's no need for whitelisting once you've paid the evil fees.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AnotherAlt

Activity: 280
Merit: 259

https://bitcoincleanup.com #EndTheFUD

View Profile
April 10, 2022, 01:25:50 PM

You said it already: I can't give exact criteria because that would make abuse trivially easy. So what's left is a more or less arbitrary decision based on my gut feeling.
I got it. If you post it publicly, Spammers will take benefit from this. About feeling: Does it depends on your mode?

Administrator theymos said about evil fees:
the vast majority of accounts that hit it should not be whitelisted.

I don't have a complaint about this. But, Since theymos said that. He should know: In my country, every time I switch my mobile data off/on. It changes my IP like VPN. I don't know about other countries. This could give me an IP that was used before here. I believe that's not my fault.

At least I've helped some really good users join the forum, which is why I volunteered for this.
How do you know that they are really good users since most are brand new and newbies? Are they alt-accounts of reputed members, or do you know them anyhow?

██████████ BitcoinCleanUp.comDebunking Bitcoin's Energy Use ██████████
██████████                Twitter#EndTheFUD                 ██████████
Iadegbola34

Activity: 499
Merit: 16

View Profile
April 10, 2022, 02:06:23 PM

I really don't understand how the proxyban works. My first time signing up here, i was welcomed with 'your ip has been used by some users to do something bad - something like that kind of message'. I mean, I'm just a first timer, I've never used the forum, and i don't decide what ip address my ISP gives my device.
LoyceV (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2022, 04:21:21 PM

About feeling: Does it depends on your mode?
Probably Tongue

In my country, every time I switch my mobile data off/on. It changes my IP like VPN. I don't know about other countries. This could give me an IP that was used before here. I believe that's not my fault.
Units of evil also affect neighbouring IPs, so if a lot of abuse comes from a certain ISP, that makes it more likely it has units of evil already.

How do you know that they are really good users since most are brand new and newbies? Are they alt-accounts of reputed members, or do you know them anyhow?
I'll highlight the Discovery of the Year:
Full Member n0nce (1172 Posts) 1880 Merit (all posts | BPIP)

I'm just a first timer, I've never used the forum
You're a bounty spammer, so I'm pretty sure the proxyban was related to that.

LoyceV (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2022, 12:37:40 PM

It's username is ALLAH AKBAR.

Please, Please, and please, don't understand " ALLAH AKBAR " wrongly. it just means God is great, i'm sure it's not illegal username. Sadly a lot of people have misconception about such words. Also, i'm a believer and i love saying God is great. Everyone basically can say it, so please don't judge my username.
Sorry, I've rejected your email and that didn't change.
For what it's worth: the "misconception" is understandable, that phrase is used by terrorists when they kill innocent people. If that's what you want to be associated with, that's up to you.

From now on, I'll stop responding to rejected emails. If you haven't received an email telling you you're whitelisted after a few days, that means I've rejected you. I've sent the same email hundreds of times by now, and want to save some time.

AnotherAlt

View Profile
May 04, 2022, 07:19:17 AM

It's username is ALLAH AKBAR.

Please, Please, and please, don't understand " ALLAH AKBAR " wrongly. it just means God is great, i'm sure it's not illegal username. Sadly a lot of people have misconception about such words. Also, i'm a believer and i love saying God is great. Everyone basically can say it, so please don't judge my username.

I am not sure why this post was deleted. LoyceV, Did you report this post? Or maybe this guy deleted himself. I want to say to him; This is not a good choice of username. I know about your religion. I am not sure what your purpose is for using this username. But, This is not a good choice.

For what it's worth: the "misconception" is understandable; that phrase is used by terrorists when they kill innocent people. If that's what you want to be associated with, that's up to you.

LoyceV, I am not sure what you have understood from his username and why you think it's terrible. I believe terrorists don't have religion. They use religion to kill innocent people. The word Allah Akbar is an Arabic word. In Arabic, Allah is the name of God of Muslims. Akbar = Great. Most Muslim terrorists use this word before an attack. Also, Two Billion people say Allah Akbar during their prayer. It's a part of the prayer. I also know another thing. Terrorists in India Say "Jay Sri Ram" Before an attack. Jay= Victory, Sri Ram=Name of a God of Hinduism religion. So, If a catholic say "Stora El Elyon" before the attack on innocent peoples, Would you say that phrase should not be used?

LoyceV (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2022, 07:30:36 AM

I am not sure why this post was deleted. LoyceV, Did you report this post? Or maybe this guy deleted himself.
I don't have to report posts, my topic is self-moderated. But I don't think I deleted it, and can't find it in my modlog archive, so I think he deleted it by himself.

Would you say that phrase should not be used?
I don't think this is the right place to discuss religion.

icopress
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 7802

light_warrior ... 🕯️

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2022, 09:21:15 PM

Whitelist request (I can vouch)  Tongue

Thanks in advance!

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
LoyceV (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2022, 07:21:24 AM

Whitelist request (I can vouch)  Tongue

He's whitelisted now.

icopress
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 7802

light_warrior ... 🕯️

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2022, 08:02:47 AM

He's whitelisted now.
Thank you!

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
The Cryptovator
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 2174

Need PR/CMC & CG? TG @The_Cryptovator

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2022, 08:06:06 AM

Can you please unlock https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=3477107

He is the owner of Pinksale Launchpad.

Thanks

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
LoyceV (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2022, 08:17:43 AM

He's whitelisted now.

1miau
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 6743

Currently not much available - see my websitelink

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2022, 11:55:05 PM

Hey!  Smiley

Yesterday, Sea5ick tried to register an account but he got blocked because he used a VPN to do so because of evil IP.  Cry
His account: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=3476779
Would be nice if he could be whitelisted.

Much appreciated in advance!  Smiley

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Apocollapse

Activity: 966
Merit: 745

View Profile
May 21, 2022, 03:58:53 AM
Merited by LoyceV (2)

I have a question

I don't know how all those accounts convince you to whitelist them, but I wonder what's those brand new accounts purpose to get whitelisted? Does their purpose is to send a personal message only? (I read someone who get banned can't send personal message) perhaps when they want to buy something from sellers in this forum, they already contact though the seller's social media and then confirm to chat in this forum, to make sure they doesn't chat with impersonator?

Most of accounts you whitelisted are correct since they're not a shitposter, but this account is like a bounty hunter since his first post ask how to earn coin and apply in bounty thread. Are you really whitelist a bounty hunter or he's lied to you?

LoyceV (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2022, 05:51:55 AM
Last edit: May 21, 2022, 09:57:58 AM by LoyceV
Merited by 1miau (1)

Yesterday, Sea5ick tried to register an account but he got blocked because he used a VPN to do so because of evil IP.  Cry
His account: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=3476779
He's whitelisted now.

I don't know how all those accounts convince you to whitelist them, but I wonder what's those brand new accounts purpose to get whitelisted? Does their purpose is to send a personal message only?
I don't know, but this is the reason I added statistics:
Statistics
  • Users who never posted: 77
  • Total Merit earned: 2407
  • Total users banned: 2

Most of accounts you whitelisted are correct since they're not a shitposter, but this account is like a bounty hunter since his first post ask how to earn coin and apply in bounty thread. Are you really whitelist a bounty hunter or he's lied to you?

I checked his emails again: I initially rejected his request, then changed my mind. It's a learning experience for me too, I'm trying to find a balance between rejecting some users who shouldn't be whitelisted, and accidentally accepting some others who don't deserve it. I can't be absolutely sure based on an email, but with only 2 banned users (until now) and 2400 Merit earned by whitelisted users, I'd say my Whitelisting efforts are a contribution to the forum.

AnotherAlt

View Profile
May 21, 2022, 09:52:17 AM

and accidentally accepting some others who don't deserve it.

And you accidentally misquote 1miau instead of Apocollapse  Roll Eyes

LoyceV (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2022, 09:59:20 AM

And you accidentally misquote 1miau instead of Apocollapse  Roll Eyes
Thanks for the sharp eye! When I quote someone else (in this case myself) while responding to a quote, I go back to copy the original header instead of continuing with only [ quote]. In this case I scrolled up too far.

AnotherAlt

View Profile
May 24, 2022, 04:21:42 PM

Hi! LoyceV, I have another account that was created back in September 2020. I have never posted, and it has some evil points. I have paid some satoshi for this account because it has fewer evil points. I have noticed a lot of people have two accounts. I am not sure what their purpose is. But, if having two accounts is allowed. Indeed I want to take a chance. Let me know if I can have another account. I want to be white-listed. I am not so popular, so I am not sure if I can convenience you.

LoyceV (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2022, 04:31:07 PM

Hi! LoyceV, I have another account that was created back in September 2020.
If you post the username, I'll whitelist it.

AnotherAlt

View Profile
May 24, 2022, 04:37:53 PM

Hi! LoyceV, I have another account that was created back in September 2020.
If you post the username, I'll whitelist it.

Thank you. Username is Crypt0S0ul

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: