Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 06:33:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Google starts accepting Bitcoin ads  (Read 1059 times)
JohnBitCo

Activity: 2030
Merit: 356

View Profile
August 06, 2021, 11:52:59 AM

Google's latest ban on Bitcoin advertisement wasn't of much help actually. Because frauds were still finding a way to advertise their campaigns and trick people into them. I was thinking that it was going to be good to ban them but it wasn't. So, it is a good decision that Google starts to let the ads again.
people who are deceived by scammer ads are those who are not vigilant and do not do enough research and want to get a return of money many times over from the capital spent. Google ads help crypto companies to be able to advertise their projects more widely. about the scammer it's just a problem that can be solved. Google won't let scammers easily publish ads. google knows what they have to do. so don't worry.

I have seen many scam sites being advertise on Google ads. One possible reason for this could be that google can't do screening all times throughly as many sites look legit generally.
Anyways this does not mean that google should disable Google ads for crypto completely. We also need to understand that sites which are being showed in Google ads, may not be fully trusted ones.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
so98nn

Activity: 2086
Merit: 603

View Profile
August 06, 2021, 12:10:12 PM

That's funny how these companies keep changing their mind all the time! Not sure who drives the decision really? Whether it's political changes, companies internal policies or changes as per the world's requirement ?

They should have never banned the crypto ads in the first place because their most of the revenue can come from the Crypto Market only. With the modernisation of transaction system and blockchain development they should have caught the interesting business model with it's revenue model.
blue_nexus15

Activity: 532
Merit: 10

█ J A X N E T W O R K █

View Profile
August 06, 2021, 12:16:56 PM

In my opinion, if google accepts ads for bitcoin, it is a good sign, currently bitcoin is still unknown to many people and does not understand well. I hope that through google they will help more people know and understand bitcoin better,  attract investment capital and help bitcoin grow further.

fileo

Activity: 658
Merit: 10

Rangers Protocol

View Profile
August 07, 2021, 04:42:12 PM

This will be huge to make some noise before this 2021 will end. It could bring more awareness and investors as Google is one of the biggest company and internet giant industry. I think more adoption will come soon.

|   Facebook   |     Twitter     |                    R A N G E R S                    |    Discord    |    Medium    |
|    Telegram    |                    ─────     PROTOCOL     ─────                    |    Gitbook    |
████  ███  ██  █          VIRTUAL WORLDS BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE          █  ██  ███  ████
ivankoh

Activity: 1428
Merit: 120

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
August 07, 2021, 05:17:38 PM

Google should have accepted Bitcoin advertising a long time ago because this opportunity is very useful to increase investors around the world. If bitcoin ads are widespread throughout the world and there are more and more investors, then be prepared for a bitcoin price explosion in the next few months.
Temporarily distrusting google's additional terms for bitcoin is probably better. I don't want the market sentiment to continue to fluctuate like what facebook or twitter did before with this ecosystem. Many uninformed people will be sent to the slaughterhouse with great manipulation. Google, facebook, twitter it's like Elon's reverse tweets. Lol

isaac_clarke22

Activity: 1596
Merit: 264

View Profile
August 07, 2021, 08:00:18 PM

~
I even recall that Facebook banned it as well while Google did it. I am not even surprised that other social media just stop banning these crypto ads, not just Bitcoin. They just keep coming back. I mentioned in this thread previously one example of those fake blockchain sites in Google Ads, and I am not surprised if those keeps popping up still.

In other social media sites, people would just keep using URL shortener and people would still fall for it. I was even mentioned by a fake custodial wallet page that I usually use when I pay my bills claiming that I won their giveaway, but it was all just a phishing site mostly using Weebly hosting service because it is free. Just report those website to whatever hosting site they are using, and not to Google. I recall people saying that Google don't even take action immediately on those people reporting such malicious ads.
verita1

Activity: 1358
Merit: 81

View Profile
August 07, 2021, 10:14:28 PM

On the one hand, the news makes me happy. It also reminded me of the time when ICOs were terrible. Too much fraud I have like 100 shitcoin in MEW that I created with so much excitement to save my tokens from the wonderful projects that I supported at that time. 😕🤦

It is also true that Google does not act fast or does not have the proper means to detect phishing sites.

I would like Google to improve the way of knowing the authenticity of the sites that are advertised in the browser in order to avoid that we run the risk of falling into the hands of scammers.

I am also going to share Google's support related to cryptocurrencies.

In August 2021, Google will update the Financial products and services policy to clarify the scope and requirements to allow the advertisement of cryptocurrency related business and services.

https://support.google.com/adspolicy/answer/10688110?hl=en

Viscore

Activity: 3038
Merit: 647

View Profile
August 07, 2021, 10:43:26 PM

This will be huge to make some noise before this 2021 will end. It could bring more awareness and investors as Google is one of the biggest company and internet giant industry. I think more adoption will come soon.
With the ban being lifted, i think this will create a huge community for bitcoin enthusiasts as it will be now easier and convenient to access bitcoin and its related information.

And having this giant company, if they can provide more authentic information into their clients, then scamming will be minimized and definitely, being bitcoin educated will make bitcoin adoption more possible.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
evichi

Activity: 1190
Merit: 7

View Profile
August 08, 2021, 01:40:41 AM

Lifting the ban on Bitcoin related Ads is welcome. However, in my view Google should set up a check and balance system that will help them to know the type of Ads they will feature as well sensitizing the public especially with the upcoming of financial tools - DeFi, etc. While crypto lovers will prefer some consistency in views held by institutions and Governments, but most times we meet news of divergent views. Personally, I will watch to see how long the lift on the ban will last.

▬▬▬▬[ CHAIN JOES || THE FUTURE OF WEB3 GAMING  ]▬▬▬▬▬
CHAINJOES.COM
boyptc

Activity: 2996
Merit: 680

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
August 08, 2021, 04:15:30 AM

Lifting the ban on Bitcoin related Ads is welcome. However, in my view Google should set up a check and balance system that will help them to know the type of Ads they will feature as well sensitizing the public especially with the upcoming of financial tools - DeFi, etc. While crypto lovers will prefer some consistency in views held by institutions and Governments, but most times we meet news of divergent views. Personally, I will watch to see how long the lift on the ban will last.
There really is the possibility that Google might retrieve that lift again. That can happen if they see something that is not favorable to them.

But with such that is happening right now to crypto market, more adoptions are there and it is becoming more popular so they do not want to miss that chance of benefiting from it.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
germsite

Activity: 1009
Merit: 261

View Profile
August 08, 2021, 09:07:21 AM

Google has begun to accept advertisements for Bitcoin, and Google lifted its ban on advertisements related to Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. Starting August 3, companies using Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies can once again advertise on the search giant and various websites that are part of its platform. The ban was implemented in March 2018 to comply with the new regulations of the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network of the United States (FinCEN).

Article Source: https://updateonbitcoin.com/google-lifted-the-ban-on-advertising-related-to-bitcoin/

Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought this is old news? Didn't they lift the ban in a first step quite a while ago anyway?

Whatever, all these companies like Tesla, Amazon (even though just a "rumor" at this point) and Google willingly associating themselves more and more with cryptocurrencies clearly shows the direction this market will take in the future. How naive would one have to be to think that these tech companies do NOT have a group of experts solely dedicate to research any kind of cryptocurrency related opportunities? They are all deep diving into it, guaranteed.
sapnu

Activity: 1036
Merit: 286

View Profile
August 08, 2021, 12:22:13 PM

The prediction about bitcoin getting banned temporarily only in Google ads is clearly true. We've seen how much the advertisements that are crypto related was restricted by Google and now, they are now allowing it once again. This would surely make a huge impact for bitcoin's value and will encourage other huge companies and organizations in associating their business with cryptocurrencies. Sooner or later, we will see crypto specially bitcoin dominating in all aspects in the world and by that time, those who never stopped believing on it will surely gain much benefit from it as the value rises endlessly.
pawanjain

Activity: 2674
Merit: 713

Nothing lasts forever

View Profile
August 08, 2021, 01:24:28 PM

Although it's good for us that Google will start accepting crypto ads soon I think Google will have to find strong ways to differentiate scams from genuine ads.
Google was being criticized frequently before the ban on crypto ads for displaying ads which lead to scams. Many people lost their money following those ads.
I think it will be of no use if Google doesn't find a way to display only genuine ads because sooner or later the same problem will arise and people will lose money following crypto ads on Google.
If the same thing happens frequently then sooner or later Google will ban crypto ads again.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
masterrex

Activity: 1820
Merit: 107

View Profile
August 08, 2021, 01:49:11 PM

Google has begun to accept advertisements for Bitcoin, and Google lifted its ban on advertisements related to Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. Starting August 3, companies using Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies can once again advertise on the search giant and various websites that are part of its platform. The ban was implemented in March 2018 to comply with the new regulations of the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network of the United States (FinCEN).

Article Source: https://updateonbitcoin.com/google-lifted-the-ban-on-advertising-related-to-bitcoin/

That's not surprising on behalf of Google because it's a lost opportunity of income for the company, that's why they want to restore it as soon as the authorities will give the green light. On the other hand, Google said that they are just complying with the US Financial Crimes Enforcement Network or (FinCEN) that's why it is not an issue about anti-Bitcoin sentiment but it's only an act of compliance on the company side.
bittraffic

Activity: 2940
Merit: 612

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2021, 01:57:09 PM

Although it's good for us that Google will start accepting crypto ads soon I think Google will have to find strong ways to differentiate scams from genuine ads.
Google was being criticized frequently before the ban on crypto ads for displaying ads which lead to scams. Many people lost their money following those ads.
I think it will be of no use if Google doesn't find a way to display only genuine ads because sooner or later the same problem will arise and people will lose money following crypto ads on Google.
If the same thing happens frequently then sooner or later Google will ban crypto ads again.

If they can differentiate manually using their staff to analyze who are the people behind the projects, including the data they gathered since the ICO days, they may be able to extract the data of scammers and exclude them automatically when they try to advertise once again. They are good at gathering data, they may even have more data than the ones from exchanges.

It's necessary to have an AI that will thoroughly check the data and confirm scam projects but there will really be a massive adoption because of the regulation that is coming.

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

germsite

Activity: 1009
Merit: 261

View Profile
August 09, 2021, 02:37:43 PM

If they can differentiate manually using their staff to analyze who are the people behind the projects, including the data they gathered since the ICO days, they may be able to extract the data of scammers and exclude them automatically when they try to advertise once again. They are good at gathering data, they may even have more data than the ones from exchanges.

It's necessary to have an AI that will thoroughly check the data and confirm scam projects but there will really be a massive adoption because of the regulation that is coming.

That sounds impossible to me. Scammers could just use other ways. Incognito browsers with VPN or so, I don't know, but I doubt Google will have a look at that anyway. All kinds of scammers are advertising their scam products on Google, that is nothing really exclusive to crypto. They all do it and I wonder why they are allowed to do it. Well, because they pay Google for it.
dataispower

Activity: 1330
Merit: 289

View Profile
August 09, 2021, 03:26:15 PM

We have to be on the lookout for scam projects to capitalise on this and scam petty traders and plebs. I learnt in 2018 Google banned the ads placements because of ICO/IEO scams I hope they don't prey on us through Defi and NFTs. However this is a reassuring news to investors who prefer to place ads through the tech giant and a boost to wider spread of Bitcoin. Waiting to hear Google now accepts Bitcoin payments.
freedomgo
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1146

View Profile
August 09, 2021, 04:04:17 PM

Good news, but Google has to make sure that they review the company that is trying to put advertisements on their platform, the fact that majority of cryptocurrencies are scams, that should make them aware that the risk is too high for people to get into a scam investment scheme.

Overall it's a good news and I can see its effect on the market.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
maartenhaha

Activity: 1456
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2021, 05:02:25 PM

I have predicted that one day Google will be friendly again with cryptocurrency and it is proven that now Google is accepting cryptocurrency ads again, but the problem is that there are many scammer projects circulating without any prior suspicion, can Google verify each project before the ad submission is accepted?

▄▀
                         █▀
                       ▄██
                     ▄▀ █
                   ▄▀  █
                 ▄▀   ▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
             ▄▀     ▐▌▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀
           ▄▀  ▄▄▄▀ █
        ▄████▀▀    ▐▌
    ▄▄████▀▀       █
  ▄▄▀▀▀▀          ▐▌
                  ▐

█████████████████████████

██████████████████████

██████████████

███████████████████

████████████████████

███████████████
██████████████████████████████   ██
      1.28%     
      DAILY ROI     

IN-WALLET
AUTO STAKING

FASTEST BURN
ON BSC

ANTI-DUMP 
   MECHANISM   
██   ██████████████████████████████
██████████████████

████████████████████

█████████████████████

███████████████

██████████████████████

████████████████████████

██████████████████████████
●  Whitepaper
●  Litepaper
●  Onepager
●  Twitter
●  Telegram
●  Discord
skarais
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 2096

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2021, 05:16:02 PM

I have predicted that one day Google will be friendly again with cryptocurrency and it is proven that now Google is accepting cryptocurrency ads again, but the problem is that there are many scammer projects circulating without any prior suspicion, can Google verify each project before the ad submission is accepted?
Every project actually has to get permission from Google and get certified to be able to advertise the project on Google. Google should be able to filter which projects are potentially scams or not before they grant permission and certify those projects. Maybe so far we have seen many incident that Google failed to filter properly so that there were user initiatives to report scam projects that were advertised to be banned by Google. In future it might also be the same if Google doesn't filter it properly.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀