Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 02:31:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Metamask won't accept password... is it safe to reset it?  (Read 490 times)
ZaraCB

Activity: 333
Merit: 105

www.cd3d.app

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2021, 02:21:41 AM

If you do not change your password and know your seed phrase, you can reset your wallet in Metamask. This will not damage your assets. I have reset my wallet on Metamask a few times and there is no problem.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
kaseygriffin

Activity: 785
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 26, 2021, 03:13:22 AM

My Metamask won't accept my password and I know it is correct.  I have the seed phrase and the password I created to sign up for the metamask.  If I reset my wallet, is there a chance I would lose my coins? I can't have that.  Also, is the "password" different than the seed phrase,,, becaue it accepted this password before.. I didn't change it.

Before I could just reload the phone and it would ask for the face id and I would be good to go.... please advise if you know what to do or have been through this before.

thank you
MetaMask is one of the most important crypto wallets. Using the MetaMask wallet is extremely easy. It connects DApps and traders. They offer many services that are sure to become more popular in the future. If you still have the seed phrase you can ask for the password again, I've had the same error before, no need to worry because your everything will still be yours. To avoid this problem, you can update the software using the metamask more often.
Almasani

Activity: 854
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2021, 08:10:12 PM

My Metamask won't accept my password and I know it is correct.  I have the seed phrase and the password I created to sign up for the metamask.  If I reset my wallet, is there a chance I would lose my coins? I can't have that.  Also, is the "password" different than the seed phrase,,, becaue it accepted this password before.. I didn't change it.

Before I could just reload the phone and it would ask for the face id and I would be good to go.... please advise if you know what to do or have been through this before.

thank you

Metamask does not require a password if you want to set or uninstall Metamask and then reactivate it. Only 12/24 phrases you need to back up. You can reset the password after the import phrase. Actually Metamask also supports the phrase MyEtherWallet. If you create a wallet from MEW, you can also import MEW phrases into Metamask.
I always prefer to keep the private key of each wallet in addition.
This will save the user from many problems. If the metamask is not installed or does not work, then you can use any other wallet.
For serious savings, I use a hardware wallet, and for small operations and testing projects and transferring approvals to them, it is convenient to use metamask wallets.
Actually, hardware wallets with software wallets also require a backup phrase for access. If we lose the phrase, whatever form of the wallet we use is also inaccessible. We need to save the private key, or phrase of any wallet properly so as not to lose assets. When we make a wallet, the word warning needs to be read carefully. However, some people rarely pay attention to it, because when the wallet is created, most of them only save the wallet address which is not really important, because it can still be retrieved when accessed to the wallet.
We also need to be careful on centralized exchange platforms. This also requires the user to complete know your customer/ KYC to be able to withdraw assets from the platform. So don't deposit when the KYC has not been verified, because it is possible that if the deposit is completed, the KYC will fail, and in the end if successive errors will be blocked. Learning crypto isn't just about profit.
coinzzzpro

Activity: 644
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2021, 01:29:22 PM

According to the secret phrase wallet can be used through other wallets. SafePal as an example. After all, the password in Metamask is not a wallet password, it's just access to the app.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: