Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 07:57:19 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How will Ethereum survive without Vitalik?  (Read 397 times)
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 1364

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
August 09, 2021, 02:08:56 PM

Well, that's why it's important to build a decentralized network in a way that it can survive without you. Satoshi probably left many years ago yet his successors were able to carry-on without Bitcoin degenerating to something else. I feel it's also very important to build a system that fairly promote very talented people with similar passion and ideologies to position that will guarantee they succeed you incase you are nolonger there. It should be a merit-based that almost guarantee the talented people work in harmony.

Hope he understands that pos contradicts what I watch him promote on YouTube.

That's how decentralization should work. But the fact that the Ethereum project is too tied to Vitalik, tells us that it's not as decentralized as we would thought it would be. Bitcoin is much more decentralized than Ethereum because the community is in-charge of its development. There are various developers working on it day and night to make it a rock-solid project for mainstream use. After all, there's no single person or leader taking direction of the project (unlike Ethereum). I fail to see how ETH will survive without a brilliant mind like Vitalik, as the community itself cannot provide true innovation to make the project stand out among the rest of its competitors. PoS will add even more centralization to the project, so I doubt ETH will last as long as BTC in the future. Just my thoughts Grin

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
junkerr

Activity: 1022
Merit: 100

Meta4uStake.io

View Profile
August 09, 2021, 02:13:48 PM

Ever since Vitalik created Ethereum, the project has been on a road towards non-stop success. It's been around 6 years already with ETH being the world's second-largest cryptocurrency by market cap. Vitalik's skills and great mindset will keep the project afloat for a very long time. But sometimes I wonder what will happen with Ethereum without Vitalik in play? The community could keep the project alive, but without a genius mind like Vitalik Buterin, ETH will be one step behind of its rivals. At least, that's the way I see it. But I could be wrong.

What are your thoughts? Your input will be greatly appreciated. Thanks Smiley

If ethereum does not survive without vitalik, its mean ethereum is not decentralised and its mean people buying and using it just because they trusted vitalik but not the network. Look at bitcoin, its still survive without satoshi nakamoto. Strong decentralised and open source project will still a live even after the founder is death.
bitcoin and ethereum are very different.
You can see what happened to some of the projects that were left by their top brass. or maybe just replaced with someone else. the situation is mostly bad even though their market is already pretty good.
but ethereum, without a founder. I believe this has a very bad impact on project development. all cannot just focus on the community and the market.

ik5656

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 09, 2021, 05:51:03 PM

Not all agreements have coins, or then again in the event that they do, they may not be generally perceived, important, and exchanged on trades. Will such agreements pay charges without ETH?

Clients of a tokenless agreement can pay expenses in whichever tokens they need. For instance, a client of TokenlessContract can pay their expenses in a 50/50 blend of LemonadeCoin and TeaBucks. To guarantee liquidity among clients and excavators with various resources they would pay or acknowledge expenses with, a client can just issue numerous fundamentally unrelated exchanges paying with charges in various resources.
tygeade
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1059

View Profile
August 10, 2021, 04:48:42 PM

For sure, Vitalik being there plays an important role in the Ethereum community. But let’s assume that he decides to leave tomorrow and leave Ethereum for the rest of the team, I think that Ethereum will still be able to survive. Take for example, when Satoshi left the cryptocurrency community, a lot of people must have felt that it was over, but the community still continued and it never failed till today.

So Vitalik is going to leave as well, I believe he must have trained a lot of people who are as good as he is and they will be ready to take in case he should decide to leave. And one thing that matters the most is that community remains there, that’s what keeps it going. And in the case of Vitalik its going to be different from Satoshi, because he’s still going to be there to guide them. It’s not going to be like Satoshi that is hiding his identity.

South Park

Activity: 2926
Merit: 798

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
August 11, 2021, 04:52:14 PM

Ever since Vitalik created Ethereum, the project has been on a road towards non-stop success. It's been around 6 years already with ETH being the world's second-largest cryptocurrency by market cap. Vitalik's skills and great mindset will keep the project afloat for a very long time. But sometimes I wonder what will happen with Ethereum without Vitalik in play? The community could keep the project alive, but without a genius mind like Vitalik Buterin, ETH will be one step behind of its rivals. At least, that's the way I see it. But I could be wrong.

What are your thoughts? Your input will be greatly appreciated. Thanks Smiley

As it is often said there are no irreplaceable people, so the team of Ethereum will definitely manage to maintain their product. Nevertheless, some people can lose trust in Ethereum that is why its price can drop.
I can compare it with Buffett's company Berkshire Hathaway. There are a lot of analytics that make all decisions, but in case of Buffet’s death, stocks of this company will drop.

I disagree, this idea that people are just parts of a machine and that you can take them off and put another one and still obtain the same results is not correct, maybe that is true for the people that are not key to an organization but for the people that are key this is not true and you cannot replace them, and it is obvious this is the case here, as I stated before I really think that something similar will happen to ethereum than what happened to Apple once Steve Jobs was out of the company.
Rocky993
Copper Member

Activity: 560
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 11, 2021, 06:08:59 PM

Vitalik's average cotton is the second most popular coin Ethereum in the whole coinmarketcap.  Etheteum is the mother of all Ethereum Blockchain coin.  Which is centered around other coins.  I hope the next generation like Vitalik will take the etherium coin to the next level of improvement.  While Etherium's more prostheses are in the market, Vitalik's next generation, Vitalik, will be at the forefront of further development, leaving behind all prostheses by leveraging skill.
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 1364

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
August 16, 2021, 09:20:15 PM

For sure, Vitalik being there plays an important role in the Ethereum community. But let’s assume that he decides to leave tomorrow and leave Ethereum for the rest of the team, I think that Ethereum will still be able to survive. Take for example, when Satoshi left the cryptocurrency community, a lot of people must have felt that it was over, but the community still continued and it never failed till today.

So Vitalik is going to leave as well, I believe he must have trained a lot of people who are as good as he is and they will be ready to take in case he should decide to leave. And one thing that matters the most is that community remains there, that’s what keeps it going. And in the case of Vitalik its going to be different from Satoshi, because he’s still going to be there to guide them. It’s not going to be like Satoshi that is hiding his identity.

Bitcoin survived without Satoshi because no one knew his identity. But with Ethereum, that's another story. Everyone knows who created Ethereum so his disappearance will be a huge blow to the project itself. The community could find someone else to replace Vitalik, but things won't be the same. The same way Apple lost its luster after Steve Jobs died, the same could happen with Ethereum in the future. I'd be a "miracle" if Ethereum survives without Vitalik. It will show us that the project is truly decentralized and resilient, able to stand the test of time. If ETH's fate turns out to be the same as Bitcoin's in the long run, then it could last a lifetime. For now, let's focus on making Ethereum a better cryptocurrency for all by supporting it every way. Just my thoughts Grin

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: