Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 05:33:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Fake token in wallet  (Read 1568 times)
DapanasFruit

Activity: 1218
Merit: 49

Binance #Smart World Global Token

View Profile
August 27, 2021, 09:13:39 AM

I got some of the tokens mentioned here and I was really wondering where did they come from and how I got them in the first place. Then I found out they are just fakes and maybe sent to me so they do some business out of it or maybe they got a program that can scam me if ever I would move them elsewhere especially to an swapping or exchange. So the best thing to do with it never do anything. I am using TrustWallet...am hoping there can be a choice in TrustWallet to never accept these fake tokens.

╓                                        SWG.io  ⁞ Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.13                                        ╖
║         〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 ◊ ICOHOLDER ⁞ 4.45 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙        ║
╙                  ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY  NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹                  ╜
tsaroz
Legendary

Activity: 2954
Merit: 1069

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2021, 09:32:02 AM

They seem to have a very good value if you import them into pancakeswap but the approval of the token doesn't goes through. A few who went through the claimed website through name or address has claimed of providing the approval which has drained their own balance rather than being able to exchange it. I don't have a proper proof but I didn't feel like trying it myself. There are different types of approvals and people should keep these as low as possible.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
gurunanakji777

Activity: 2100
Merit: 100

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
August 27, 2021, 10:34:48 AM

I also receive these coins and am afraid if by mistake anytime I connect it I might lose my other precious coins in my wallet even I also wanted to know how to remove or hide them. We must not try to sell those coins that landed in our wallet that is not in our knowledge. We must double-check the coin whether we buy it or is it a bounty token if not aware of the coin must not connect to the wallet in any case to avoid the hacking of Ac.

imstillthebest

Activity: 1638
Merit: 122

View Profile
August 27, 2021, 10:52:23 AM

its funny that majority of them has ".io" in their names .
 that is pretty obvious that they are scam or fake if you will see it in your wallet . they are harmless as long as you didnt touch them and i heard that the way to remove them is by buying 1 token of them in the exchange where they are listed .
the other way could be sending them to a random address or to a burn address .
Handpari

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

The World's Leading Cryptocurrency CFD Exchange

View Profile
August 27, 2021, 11:46:52 AM

These token can also be hidden. I am tired if these scam tokens. Now 30+ scam token in my account.
Some one tell me that if anybody connect wallet to these scam web, their wallet got empty.
And big problem is that , in pancakswap its showing high price.

nelliella

Activity: 79
Merit: 3

View Profile
August 27, 2021, 11:56:53 AM

after 4 years in crypto i was almost believe this scam , i think this shit needs to be taken care of bsc , it scares newcomers and this problem effects all ecosystem

──────────            FOOBEE             ──────────
──────THE WORLDS FIRST SOCIAL UTILITY CRYPTO  ──────────
smyslov

Activity: 2002
Merit: 269

View Profile
August 27, 2021, 12:20:13 PM

Many people are currently losing some tokens from their wallets or unknowingly getting stuck in another wallet. Have we ever wondered why this is happening from someone's wallet? The main reason is hack. Hackers are banging the tokens through their surveillance. Any small amount or big. If you ever notice some tokens in your wallet that are being added without your knowledge.I'm going to swap or sell your token without thinking about where the token came from. Never do that. Because hackers put their tokens in your wallet and when you go to swap or sell the token without seeing the token, hackers like the token. Remove from your wallet. Some tokens that you will never swap or sell-

*ALPACAFIN.CO... (ALPACA)
*BestAir.io (AIR)
*BNBW.IO (BNBW)
* BSCTOKEN.IO (BSCTOK...)
*GoFlux.io (FLUX)
* Minereum BSC (MNEB)
*ShibaDrop.io (SHIB)
*TheEver.io (EVER)
*AirStack.net (AIR)
*TheVera.io (VERA)

original post local section: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=631891.msg57751830#msg57751830

Is there any way to remove these tokens from the wallet?

You should be aware of all the coins or tokens that are coming to your wallet, I consider these unwanted coins tokens to be risky, remember the shit token kicktoken they sent to many wallets, it's a way to promote their shit token and exchange, these tokens do now have value at all look at every token in your list they don't have a channel or even an announcement thread here, they are promoting it through spamming which is a wrong way to promote a coin.

You can transfer these tokens to another wallet while the fee is still very cheap if you are annoyed with these tokens.
evichi

Activity: 1204
Merit: 7

View Profile
August 27, 2021, 01:06:01 PM

This is a very bad for the crypto industry. This confirms similar experience that I encountered which I posted few days ago in the topic:  The other side of DApps: How Safe are DApps? (see link to post: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5356199.new#new). The coins I mentioned are all listed). The awareness is growing, which is good. It is really important to research if one notices something out of place in his or her wallet. Avoid using the fake coin website to link to your wallet to swap, you might lose the coins in your wallet . If you intend to give it a trial, ensure to use standard websites like Pancakeswap, etc.

▬▬▬▬[ CHAIN JOES || THE FUTURE OF WEB3 GAMING  ]▬▬▬▬▬
CHAINJOES.COM
wajik-tempe

Activity: 1022
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 27, 2021, 01:13:43 PM

after 4 years in crypto i was almost believe this scam , i think this shit needs to be taken care of bsc , it scares newcomers and this problem effects all ecosystem

The ease of token creation on BSC network is a double edge for the users, many good projects have been created but also there are so many scam projects.
This is not new actually, ERC-20 tokens have the same problems before. For people who joining airdrops or even the people who dont, they were receiving random tokens with no value and become a trash in their wallet. This is hard to handle, we could not remove the tokens just could be hidden.
Maybe in the future deleting token feature is needed instead of transferring it to another wallet
xtylishRakib

Activity: 252
Merit: 2

Please Remove My Red Trust. I am Not Cheater

View Profile
August 27, 2021, 01:27:29 PM

These days some scammers are making fake bounty campaigns and giving fake tokens.  So there is no way to know which is the real bounty and which is fake. Those who are new are reading more about this problem.  One thing you have to see all the time is who the manager of Ai Bounty will check with his BTC form profile, whether he is really fake or original.  If it is fake then you must see that it has no merit at all and the position is in Newby.  And they scam by making fake bounty campaigns.
 And that's why you get fake tokens.  And of course, if you get a fake token, you should check it first and see if it is fake by searching on Coingecko.

And everyone beware of scammers.  And trusts who sell tokens or dollars will only deal with them.

Thank you for your BTC journey.
Tigerheart3026

Activity: 902
Merit: 112

View Profile
August 27, 2021, 03:52:12 PM

ABFIN.org (ABFIN)
BestAir.io (AIR)
TheVera.io (VERA)

i using trust wallet and i did not check it for long time, most provably last week i checked my wallet in bscscan but i was surprised i had 3 coins but before i got reminder in form and i confirmed these are received from malicious contract address.
Pelana vreo

Activity: 744

Syntrum.com

View Profile
August 27, 2021, 04:12:59 PM

snip

I also saw some of those tokens in my wallet, but I left them there and didn't make any transactions with them.
If you are worried about your wallet being hacked then you can transfer the contents of your wallet to another wallet, make sure you don't plan to sell and sign the token when you want to sell it on the dex exchange, because the transaction will surely fail and you will see a Contract Overview - Fake_Phishing when you make a transaction

██████████████ ███████ █│     S y n t r u m     │     JOIN NOW     │█ ███████ ██████████████
►   Blockchain Infrastructure for DeFi, Gaming and NFT   ◄
██████████████       |       Twitter       |     Telegram     |      Medium      |       ██████████████
Bay_Harbour_Butcher

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 27, 2021, 04:14:53 PM

wow, I've never heard of that, and this is the first time I found out, thanks for the information you've shared, it seems this is one of the many ways that hackers do and this is the most common thing, I myself do get various tokens in my wallet, from valuable to worthless, and I will be more careful, thanks mate!

eaLiTy

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911

Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe

View Profile
August 27, 2021, 04:31:37 PM

~
Such tokens are usually sent for advertising purposes and you won't lose anything other than the transaction fee when swapping them. But that hasn't always been the case.
Thank you for pointing that out, the ways in which the scammers tries to out think is mind boggling and the developers need to understand these flaws and the reason for executing the attack is RUNE using non standard contract. I would say incompetent developers launching their tokens without much testing and the hackers are doing their job exploiting them Undecided.
Rocky993
Copper Member

Activity: 560
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 27, 2021, 05:32:56 PM

Fake tokens are a risk factor in wallets, because the price of fake tokens is so high that many people are confused and try to make money by swap and some scammers hack the wallet with fake tokens.  As a result, it became possible to lose everything due to some fake tokens by working hard.
denasha92

Activity: 616

View Profile
August 27, 2021, 05:34:31 PM

ABFIN.org (ABFIN)
BestAir.io (AIR)
TheVera.io (VERA)

i using trust wallet and i did not check it for long time, most provably last week i checked my wallet in bscscan but i was surprised i had 3 coins but before i got reminder in form and i confirmed these are received from malicious contract address.

same with me, i got those three coins on my trust wallet too. it's a scam token. if you connect your wallet on their website, you'll lose some of your assets from trustwallet. it happens to my friends. they lost their BUSD and more. i suggest you to revoke all those token Smart Contracts.
Irazzzta

Activity: 560
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 27, 2021, 05:36:02 PM

My wallet has received fake token:
BestAir.io (AIR)
BNBW.IO (BNBW)
Minereum BSC (MNEB)
AirStack.net (AIR)
TheVera.io (VERA)
ABFIN.ORG (ABFIN)

this fake token is very annoying. scammers take advantage of the ease of creating assets to deceive users. I hope chain technology developers like ETH, BSC, POLYGON, and TRON create a filter to tackle fake coin contract addresses. Be careful and avoid contact with fake coin contract addresses to keep your assets safe.
Insomnia family

Activity: 868

View Profile
August 27, 2021, 06:35:14 PM

yes, I also noticed that there are a lot of fake coins being sent evenly on the BinanceSmartChain network. although sometimes I feel annoyed, every time I make a transaction on a special trading wallet and it doesn't last long I receive the fake coin.

Swap, Earn, Bridge, Mint Crypto & NFT in Multiple Chains
▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬ ▬     ❶ ❷ ❸ s w a p     ▬ ▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬
[   M V P   L I V E   ]   -   9 Blockchains Integrated Already
Rakeshten

Activity: 280
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 27, 2021, 06:55:55 PM

Yes, I also have received all these tokens in my wallet. I never tried them to swap, because I heard that our wallets can be hacked if we try to swap them or sell on any website.
I think we can't remove them from our wallet, there is only one solution, just ignore these coins and never try to swap them or never connect your wallet on any unsecure site, which promise to swap these tokens for usdt.

●          ◯        M O N O P O L Y   M I L L I O N A I R E        ◯          ●
████ ███ ██ █        Diversified Gaming Platform Covering Staking, NFT and Metaverse Games        █ ██ ███ ████
Facebook     |     Twitter     |     Telegram     |     LinkedIn     |     Github     |     Discord     |     Medium     |     Reddit
Plinteng

Activity: 285
Merit: 3

View Profile
August 27, 2021, 06:59:56 PM

My wallet has received fake token:
BestAir.io (AIR)
BNBW.IO (BNBW)
Minereum BSC (MNEB)
AirStack.net (AIR)
TheVera.io (VERA)
ABFIN.ORG (ABFIN)

this fake token is very annoying. scammers take advantage of the ease of creating assets to deceive users. I hope chain technology developers like ETH, BSC, POLYGON, and TRON create a filter to tackle fake coin contract addresses. Be careful and avoid contact with fake coin contract addresses to keep your assets safe.

actually there are many more tokens as you mentioned, even Recently i also got them in my bsc network using trust wallet there are many tokens which look more like spam tokens. I left it on purpose but I noticed that there are still people who are tempted by it, even trying to sell it  Roll Eyes

Jr Member

Join EpsiLoan's Seed Sale!
((((     EPSILOAN.xyz     ))))
Fair launch, No VCs or Insiders
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: