Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 02:15:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: My project: bitcoinclassifieds.net  (Read 4333 times)
Joseph (OP)

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2011, 09:07:56 PM

Hello all,

A few weeks ago my friend told me about Bitcoin, and I'm now very enthusiastic about this project! To add my share to making Bitcoin a mainstream thing, I begun working on a website where everyone can easily place classified ads and get in touch with each other. This will make your Bitcoins more and more useful. Keep in mind that it's not finished yet, but basic functionality should be working now..

You can try it out at: http://www.bitcoinclassifieds.net

I appreciate all feedback, and I'm curious what functionality you all like to have added to the website!
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JamezQ

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 04, 2011, 04:50:46 AM

Great job!

The only functionality I would like so far are more people ^ ^.
Cryptoman

Activity: 726
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 04, 2011, 04:35:37 PM

Excellent.  Did you add a link from the wiki?

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history." --Gandhi
Joseph (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2011, 09:12:51 PM

Thanks! Do you mean the Bitcoin wiki? I haven't added a link yet.

I would really like to shape this website to the needs of Bitcoin users, so if anyone has ideas, requests or dreams, feel free to post in this thread! Smiley
Cryptoman

View Profile
April 05, 2011, 02:59:58 AM

I almost registered that domain a few months ago.  I'm glad to see that you are putting it to use.  I entered a listing (Pentium CPU).  I made a mistake, but I see there is no way to edit or delete.  I meant to list the CPU for 10 BTC, so I would need to change the listing price as well as the description (it says $10 currently).  Can you change it?  Also, when I posted it, I got a message something like "Ad not found," even though it posted it anyway.

It would be nice to see the photo at higher resolution once you click on the ad.

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history." --Gandhi
Joseph (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2011, 07:48:55 AM

Cool! Editing and deleting is next on my list, so you can manage all your own ads in one place. I've manually edited your ad. I will look at that error message, and i've added a higher resolution photo to the ad. Thanks for the feedback.
Cryptoman

View Profile
April 05, 2011, 04:59:22 PM

Thanks for making the edits.  I sent you a contribution.

JamezQ

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 06, 2011, 02:07:39 AM
Last edit: April 06, 2011, 02:36:19 AM by JamezQ

All the picture ads make my ad look small Sad

Ah, A bug report!

This field:
Code:
Photo (JPEG format only):

Allows for .PNG even though it says JPEG only.

(I would prefer you just change the text, as I like using PNG, but yea.)
Joseph (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2011, 08:37:09 AM

I really appreciate the contributions i've received!

Thanks for the bug report JamezQ, i've updated the text. It is now possible to make edits to classifieds you've posted, and JamezQ, your ad now shows up in the list with the other ads.
Cryptoman

View Profile
April 06, 2011, 06:55:10 PM

The site is looking really good.  Nice work.  I assume that you are going to add different sections at some point and a list view.

Now we just need to get people using the site.  C'mon folks, post something!

Mahkul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Every saint has a past. Every sinner has a future.

View Profile
April 06, 2011, 08:56:20 PM

Any chance you will be adding support for other languages?
Joseph (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2011, 09:57:59 AM

There will be sections for all ad categories, and I will need to do a lot more work on the index pages and classified pages. There's also basic support for translations, but I need to put more strings in there. Currently only 'Click here' is translated in dutch. Cheesy

I would love more people placing ads on the site, but that takes some more time I guess. In mean time I can finish the site completely.
Joseph (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2011, 11:13:56 AM

Status update:

- I did a lot of design work, after all, using the website should look inviting.
- A small bug was fixed where sometimes a user couldn't reply to an ad
- More ads are shown on the index page
- Searchresults are now displayed correctly
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2011, 04:59:27 AM
Last edit: October 31, 2011, 07:41:29 AM by adamstgBit

Hi,

this is the owner of http://www.thebitcoinreview.com/

A list of bitcoin sites for users to brows and review

I would like to also post links to all the products and services all of the bitcoin sites offer

I am contacting all major bitcoin site owners and asking them for a xml feed to their product list

PM me if you are interested

TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2014, 06:19:48 AM

I would like "This ad needs to be approved." not to keep showing up on random ads that I try to post, like
http://www.bitcoinclassifieds.net/ad/5838_Apple_iPod_nano_8_GB_Silver_6th_Generation/

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
TheButterZone
Legendary

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2014, 07:46:16 PM

It's down.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
CFaulk

Activity: 7

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 08:27:33 PM

I second that
TheButterZone
Legendary

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2014, 10:07:29 PM

newIndia
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1049

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 10:47:23 PM

Looks like all the personal residential details of Joost de Meij is available on the site whois. But why on earth someone will receive a personal threat for running a classified ? Moreover, why will he shut down for the same ?

Candystripes

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

***THIS ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER ACTIVE***

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 10:52:40 PM

Looks like all the personal residential details of Joost de Meij is available on the site whois. But why on earth someone will receive a personal threat for running a classified ? Moreover, why will he shut down for the same ?

Some people are just hungry for money, and if they see an easy opportunity like this one, I mean why wouldn't they take it? Like finding money on the ground that you saw someone just drop.

---------------------------------
No longer under the possession of Candystripes.
Account is currently dormant.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: