Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:03:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to import antminer to India for individual use ?  (Read 90 times)
1111bindu (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 7

View Profile
September 04, 2021, 11:52:22 AM
Merited by DdmrDdmr (6), NotATether (1)

I am posting here just because I did not get legit information about it over videos or website post that could provide me every details to import miner to India

I want to buy Antminer from trusted Vendor who ship to India but my concern is what would be the right procedure to import antminer to India. As an individual I don't don't want my product to be stuck in customs as these miners are high priced and don't want to lose money by importing it.

The question is how can I successfully import that Item, do I need any kind of certificate , registration etc ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Frengki_cisco

Activity: 790
Merit: 44

View Profile
September 04, 2021, 02:20:19 PM

You are welcome to discuss and ask questions in the thread that I provide below.

These three threads, will show the meeting point of what you are asking.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2285987.0

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2179195.0

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5271685.0

BTC
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
September 04, 2021, 05:13:03 PM

It'll change based on where you're importing the item from and the borders it's crossing.

I think it'll be classed as a printed circuit so you might want to check with your customs website to see how much they normally charge. Also make sure you put a return address on stuff and potentially send it insured - you might be able to ask the shipping company too if they can recommend a way to ship it.

At minimum, you might need its classification code and its value for paying customs.

Disclaimer: none of this constitutes any form of legal advice, it's just how I'd ship it - but I'd probably also look for a few form drafts/samples online.
Saidasun

Activity: 334
Merit: 275

View Profile
September 04, 2021, 06:04:20 PM

Contact your local distribution center and ask them directly. I think there should be no problems if you declare on the export form what you are exporting and pay the duties that will be required. You can contact the carrier you are going to use for additional help to. DHL, UPS will probably have dealt with this situation before and will know all the legalities. It is better to hear it from the company you are using because listening to someone here might cause your package to be seized if you have not declared it correctly.
amishmanish
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1158

View Profile
September 11, 2021, 08:02:54 AM

Last I checked on Bitmain's website, they put it on the consignee to manage custom clearance for their Mining equipment. This was not the case before the RBI ban. The Indian government has not made any definite rules and back in 2017, there was a ban on import of mining equipment too.

So the customs will treat anything related to Bitcoin mining with extreme prejudice. This is why none of the suppliers will take the responsibility upon themselves for "delivery". They'll happily take the payment for the machine though. Those you will find providing offers will most probably be scammers. For the time being, this is pretty much a lost cause and I'd suggest you not to waste too much time on this. The obvious other option is to go for GPU mining and convert the returns to Bitcoin but this is nowhere near as profitable as the ASICs.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: