Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:22:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]GenesisCoin rebirth | n-Scrypt | POW/POS | DWG | POS soon  (Read 24324 times)
doremi

Activity: 654
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 01:02:33 PM

Cutting the 30 Billion coins to 7.5 Billion, effectively now makes the pre-mine 4% rather than 1%.

How much of the pre-mine is left in the coffers? Do you have a plan to mitigate this % increase in pre-mine?

I've been mining this for a while now, and I like the changes you've proposed, but this just stuck out to me.

Sorry about the premine, but we sent much bounty for pools, exchanges and for people who helped us to build up the forums, upgrade website, marketing. We don't keep all coin for us. There will still have many coin for bounty in the future. We hope that we thought about this specs from the beginning Sad

what a crap excuses

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ol92

Activity: 445
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 01:19:28 PM

Cutting the 30 Billion coins to 7.5 Billion, effectively now makes the pre-mine 4% rather than 1%.

How much of the pre-mine is left in the coffers? Do you have a plan to mitigate this % increase in pre-mine?

I've been mining this for a while now, and I like the changes you've proposed, but this just stuck out to me.

Sorry about the premine, but we sent much bounty for pools, exchanges and for people who helped us to build up the forums, upgrade website, marketing. We don't keep all coin for us. There will still have many coin for bounty in the future. We hope that we thought about this specs from the beginning Sad

what a crap excuses
I don't think so : They probably spent  most of the premine now.
The move to a pos scheme can save the coin. I have a small amount and I bought some cheap today hoping for an increase.
pttinh (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 01:24:42 PM
Last edit: March 27, 2014, 01:51:54 PM by pttinh

iMine Pools Smiley - Enjoy mining
1% Fee | Prop Payout | Dedicated Servers | Multi Backups
We have updated our pool wallet/daemon to the latest git version. Come and enjoy our pool miners! Smiley

Hello friends!
We've updated wallet at http://gns.pool.mn
Feel free to join us for 0% fee and 100% uptime!  Grin

Message bitcointalk/cryptocointalk:

-> Come on to http://gns.coins4everyone.com!

Our wallet is now updated.
Everything is okay, we're ready for the fork.

To get plenty of Genesis Coins, just point your miners to:
Stratum: stratum+tcp://gns.eu.stratum.coins4everyone.com
Port: 3474
Algorithm: nscrypt
Username: Weblogin.Worker
Password: Worker Password
and then relax... We take care of the rest!

Benefits of Mining @ coins4everyone.com:
* based in Europe
* incredible uptime
* fast dedicated servers w/redundancy, tripple layer DDoS protection
* only 1% fee
* pplns
* nice & caring support
* trustworthy & skilled admins

Come on, we need more hash power, point your miners to our pool and let’s spread hashrate! ;-)

TinyMiner

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 02:23:22 PM

I'm still here to support this coin  Grin

gnnyan7PKQLZ8gLrjXUzukYTo22isadKkY

1000 GNS sent

TinyMiner

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 02:34:49 PM

what a crap excuses
I don't think so : They probably spent  most of the premine now.
The move to a pos scheme can save the coin. I have a small amount and I bought some cheap today hoping for an increase.

If the dev want to sell their premined coins, the price should be 0.00000001, and the coin will be death, like panda coin. Maybe, the dev want to change the current situation, so they redesign it, but the premined coins can not be changed, so I think, if we don't want the coin go to dead, we should support it. Smiley

ol92

Activity: 445
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 02:39:14 PM

what a crap excuses
I don't think so : They probably spent  most of the premine now.

If the dev want to sell their premined coins, the price should be 0.00000001, and the coin will be death, like panda coin. Maybe, the dev want to change the current situation, so they redesign it, but the premined coins can not be changed, so I think, if we don't want the coin go to dead, we should support it. Smiley
I agree. My point was  : they cannot change the premine now, since they have already spent a good portion of it in bounties and others.
agran

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 02:49:48 PM

Unable to compile under Ubuntu.

Code:
/bin/sh ../share/genbuild.sh obj/build.h
g++ -c -O2 -pthread -Wall -Wextra -Wformat -Wformat-security -Wno-unused-parameter -g -DBOOST_SPIRIT_THREADSAFE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -I/root/genesiscoin/src -I/root/genesiscoin/src/obj -DUSE_UPNP=0 -DUSE_IPV6=1 -I/root/genesiscoin/src/leveldb/include -I/root/genesiscoin/src/leveldb/helpers -DHAVE_BUILD_INFO -fno-stack-protector -fstack-protector-all -Wstack-protector -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2  -MMD -MF obj/version.d -o obj/version.o version.cpp
g++ -c -O2 -pthread -Wall -Wextra -Wformat -Wformat-security -Wno-unused-parameter -g -DBOOST_SPIRIT_THREADSAFE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -I/root/genesiscoin/src -I/root/genesiscoin/src/obj -DUSE_UPNP=0 -DUSE_IPV6=1 -I/root/genesiscoin/src/leveldb/include -I/root/genesiscoin/src/leveldb/helpers -DHAVE_BUILD_INFO -fno-stack-protector -fstack-protector-all -Wstack-protector -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2  -MMD -MF obj/checkpoints.d -o obj/checkpoints.o checkpoints.cpp
g++ -c -O2 -pthread -Wall -Wextra -Wformat -Wformat-security -Wno-unused-parameter -g -DBOOST_SPIRIT_THREADSAFE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -I/root/genesiscoin/src -I/root/genesiscoin/src/obj -DUSE_UPNP=0 -DUSE_IPV6=1 -I/root/genesiscoin/src/leveldb/include -I/root/genesiscoin/src/leveldb/helpers -DHAVE_BUILD_INFO -fno-stack-protector -fstack-protector-all -Wstack-protector -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2  -MMD -MF obj/netbase.d -o obj/netbase.o netbase.cpp
g++ -c -O2 -pthread -Wall -Wextra -Wformat -Wformat-security -Wno-unused-parameter -g -DBOOST_SPIRIT_THREADSAFE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -I/root/genesiscoin/src -I/root/genesiscoin/src/obj -DUSE_UPNP=0 -DUSE_IPV6=1 -I/root/genesiscoin/src/leveldb/include -I/root/genesiscoin/src/leveldb/helpers -DHAVE_BUILD_INFO -fno-stack-protector -fstack-protector-all -Wstack-protector -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2  -MMD -MF obj/addrman.d -o obj/addrman.o addrman.cpp
g++ -c -O2 -pthread -Wall -Wextra -Wformat -Wformat-security -Wno-unused-parameter -g -DBOOST_SPIRIT_THREADSAFE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -I/root/genesiscoin/src -I/root/genesiscoin/src/obj -DUSE_UPNP=0 -DUSE_IPV6=1 -I/root/genesiscoin/src/leveldb/include -I/root/genesiscoin/src/leveldb/helpers -DHAVE_BUILD_INFO -fno-stack-protector -fstack-protector-all -Wstack-protector -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2  -MMD -MF obj/crypter.d -o obj/crypter.o crypter.cpp
g++ -c -O2 -pthread -Wall -Wextra -Wformat -Wformat-security -Wno-unused-parameter -g -DBOOST_SPIRIT_THREADSAFE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -I/root/genesiscoin/src -I/root/genesiscoin/src/obj -DUSE_UPNP=0 -DUSE_IPV6=1 -I/root/genesiscoin/src/leveldb/include -I/root/genesiscoin/src/leveldb/helpers -DHAVE_BUILD_INFO -fno-stack-protector -fstack-protector-all -Wstack-protector -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2  -MMD -MF obj/key.d -o obj/key.o key.cpp
g++ -c -O2 -pthread -Wall -Wextra -Wformat -Wformat-security -Wno-unused-parameter -g -DBOOST_SPIRIT_THREADSAFE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -I/root/genesiscoin/src -I/root/genesiscoin/src/obj -DUSE_UPNP=0 -DUSE_IPV6=1 -I/root/genesiscoin/src/leveldb/include -I/root/genesiscoin/src/leveldb/helpers -DHAVE_BUILD_INFO -fno-stack-protector -fstack-protector-all -Wstack-protector -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2  -MMD -MF obj/db.d -o obj/db.o db.cpp
g++ -c -O2 -pthread -Wall -Wextra -Wformat -Wformat-security -Wno-unused-parameter -g -DBOOST_SPIRIT_THREADSAFE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -I/root/genesiscoin/src -I/root/genesiscoin/src/obj -DUSE_UPNP=0 -DUSE_IPV6=1 -I/root/genesiscoin/src/leveldb/include -I/root/genesiscoin/src/leveldb/helpers -DHAVE_BUILD_INFO -fno-stack-protector -fstack-protector-all -Wstack-protector -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2  -MMD -MF obj/init.d -o obj/init.o init.cpp
g++ -c -O2 -pthread -Wall -Wextra -Wformat -Wformat-security -Wno-unused-parameter -g -DBOOST_SPIRIT_THREADSAFE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -I/root/genesiscoin/src -I/root/genesiscoin/src/obj -DUSE_UPNP=0 -DUSE_IPV6=1 -I/root/genesiscoin/src/leveldb/include -I/root/genesiscoin/src/leveldb/helpers -DHAVE_BUILD_INFO -fno-stack-protector -fstack-protector-all -Wstack-protector -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2  -MMD -MF obj/keystore.d -o obj/keystore.o keystore.cpp
g++ -c -O2 -pthread -Wall -Wextra -Wformat -Wformat-security -Wno-unused-parameter -g -DBOOST_SPIRIT_THREADSAFE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -I/root/genesiscoin/src -I/root/genesiscoin/src/obj -DUSE_UPNP=0 -DUSE_IPV6=1 -I/root/genesiscoin/src/leveldb/include -I/root/genesiscoin/src/leveldb/helpers -DHAVE_BUILD_INFO -fno-stack-protector -fstack-protector-all -Wstack-protector -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2  -MMD -MF obj/main.d -o obj/main.o main.cpp
main.cpp: In function ‘int generateMTRandom(unsigned int, int)’:
main.cpp:1096:5: error: ‘mt19937’ is not a member of ‘boost::random’
main.cpp:1096:5: note: suggested alternatives:
/usr/include/boost/random/mersenne_twister.hpp:361:47: note:   ‘boost::mt19937’
main.cpp:1096:21: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘gen’
main.cpp:1097:5: error: ‘uniform_int_distribution’ is not a member of ‘boost::random’
main.cpp:1097:38: error: expected primary-expression before ‘>’ token
main.cpp:1097:53: error: ‘dist’ was not declared in this scope
main.cpp:1098:17: error: ‘gen’ was not declared in this scope
main.cpp:1099:1: warning: control reaches end of non-void function [-Wreturn-type]
make: *** [obj/main.o] Error 1

QORA | 2ND GEN | NEW SOURCE CODE | QTz6fSV2VNc2wjwwsw57kwQzgQhmGw5idQ
pttinh (OP)

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 02:54:25 PM

Unable to compile under Ubuntu.

Code:
/bin/sh ../share/genbuild.sh obj/build.h
g++ -c -O2 -pthread -Wall -Wextra -Wformat -Wformat-security -Wno-unused-parameter -g -DBOOST_SPIRIT_THREADSAFE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -I/root/genesiscoin/src -I/root/genesiscoin/src/obj -DUSE_UPNP=0 -DUSE_IPV6=1 -I/root/genesiscoin/src/leveldb/include -I/root/genesiscoin/src/leveldb/helpers -DHAVE_BUILD_INFO -fno-stack-protector -fstack-protector-all -Wstack-protector -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2  -MMD -MF obj/version.d -o obj/version.o version.cpp
g++ -c -O2 -pthread -Wall -Wextra -Wformat -Wformat-security -Wno-unused-parameter -g -DBOOST_SPIRIT_THREADSAFE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -I/root/genesiscoin/src -I/root/genesiscoin/src/obj -DUSE_UPNP=0 -DUSE_IPV6=1 -I/root/genesiscoin/src/leveldb/include -I/root/genesiscoin/src/leveldb/helpers -DHAVE_BUILD_INFO -fno-stack-protector -fstack-protector-all -Wstack-protector -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2  -MMD -MF obj/checkpoints.d -o obj/checkpoints.o checkpoints.cpp
g++ -c -O2 -pthread -Wall -Wextra -Wformat -Wformat-security -Wno-unused-parameter -g -DBOOST_SPIRIT_THREADSAFE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -I/root/genesiscoin/src -I/root/genesiscoin/src/obj -DUSE_UPNP=0 -DUSE_IPV6=1 -I/root/genesiscoin/src/leveldb/include -I/root/genesiscoin/src/leveldb/helpers -DHAVE_BUILD_INFO -fno-stack-protector -fstack-protector-all -Wstack-protector -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2  -MMD -MF obj/netbase.d -o obj/netbase.o netbase.cpp
g++ -c -O2 -pthread -Wall -Wextra -Wformat -Wformat-security -Wno-unused-parameter -g -DBOOST_SPIRIT_THREADSAFE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -I/root/genesiscoin/src -I/root/genesiscoin/src/obj -DUSE_UPNP=0 -DUSE_IPV6=1 -I/root/genesiscoin/src/leveldb/include -I/root/genesiscoin/src/leveldb/helpers -DHAVE_BUILD_INFO -fno-stack-protector -fstack-protector-all -Wstack-protector -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2  -MMD -MF obj/addrman.d -o obj/addrman.o addrman.cpp
g++ -c -O2 -pthread -Wall -Wextra -Wformat -Wformat-security -Wno-unused-parameter -g -DBOOST_SPIRIT_THREADSAFE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -I/root/genesiscoin/src -I/root/genesiscoin/src/obj -DUSE_UPNP=0 -DUSE_IPV6=1 -I/root/genesiscoin/src/leveldb/include -I/root/genesiscoin/src/leveldb/helpers -DHAVE_BUILD_INFO -fno-stack-protector -fstack-protector-all -Wstack-protector -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2  -MMD -MF obj/crypter.d -o obj/crypter.o crypter.cpp
g++ -c -O2 -pthread -Wall -Wextra -Wformat -Wformat-security -Wno-unused-parameter -g -DBOOST_SPIRIT_THREADSAFE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -I/root/genesiscoin/src -I/root/genesiscoin/src/obj -DUSE_UPNP=0 -DUSE_IPV6=1 -I/root/genesiscoin/src/leveldb/include -I/root/genesiscoin/src/leveldb/helpers -DHAVE_BUILD_INFO -fno-stack-protector -fstack-protector-all -Wstack-protector -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2  -MMD -MF obj/key.d -o obj/key.o key.cpp
g++ -c -O2 -pthread -Wall -Wextra -Wformat -Wformat-security -Wno-unused-parameter -g -DBOOST_SPIRIT_THREADSAFE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -I/root/genesiscoin/src -I/root/genesiscoin/src/obj -DUSE_UPNP=0 -DUSE_IPV6=1 -I/root/genesiscoin/src/leveldb/include -I/root/genesiscoin/src/leveldb/helpers -DHAVE_BUILD_INFO -fno-stack-protector -fstack-protector-all -Wstack-protector -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2  -MMD -MF obj/db.d -o obj/db.o db.cpp
g++ -c -O2 -pthread -Wall -Wextra -Wformat -Wformat-security -Wno-unused-parameter -g -DBOOST_SPIRIT_THREADSAFE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -I/root/genesiscoin/src -I/root/genesiscoin/src/obj -DUSE_UPNP=0 -DUSE_IPV6=1 -I/root/genesiscoin/src/leveldb/include -I/root/genesiscoin/src/leveldb/helpers -DHAVE_BUILD_INFO -fno-stack-protector -fstack-protector-all -Wstack-protector -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2  -MMD -MF obj/init.d -o obj/init.o init.cpp
g++ -c -O2 -pthread -Wall -Wextra -Wformat -Wformat-security -Wno-unused-parameter -g -DBOOST_SPIRIT_THREADSAFE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -I/root/genesiscoin/src -I/root/genesiscoin/src/obj -DUSE_UPNP=0 -DUSE_IPV6=1 -I/root/genesiscoin/src/leveldb/include -I/root/genesiscoin/src/leveldb/helpers -DHAVE_BUILD_INFO -fno-stack-protector -fstack-protector-all -Wstack-protector -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2  -MMD -MF obj/keystore.d -o obj/keystore.o keystore.cpp
g++ -c -O2 -pthread -Wall -Wextra -Wformat -Wformat-security -Wno-unused-parameter -g -DBOOST_SPIRIT_THREADSAFE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -I/root/genesiscoin/src -I/root/genesiscoin/src/obj -DUSE_UPNP=0 -DUSE_IPV6=1 -I/root/genesiscoin/src/leveldb/include -I/root/genesiscoin/src/leveldb/helpers -DHAVE_BUILD_INFO -fno-stack-protector -fstack-protector-all -Wstack-protector -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2  -MMD -MF obj/main.d -o obj/main.o main.cpp
main.cpp: In function ‘int generateMTRandom(unsigned int, int)’:
main.cpp:1096:5: error: ‘mt19937’ is not a member of ‘boost::random’
main.cpp:1096:5: note: suggested alternatives:
main.cpp:1096:21: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘gen’
main.cpp:1097:5: error: ‘uniform_int_distribution’ is not a member of ‘boost::random’
main.cpp:1097:38: error: expected primary-expression before ‘>’ token
main.cpp:1097:53: error: ‘dist’ was not declared in this scope
main.cpp:1098:17: error: ‘gen’ was not declared in this scope
main.cpp:1099:1: warning: control reaches end of non-void function [-Wreturn-type]
make: *** [obj/main.o] Error 1

Something wrong with your boost. Pools can build linux for them, that means wallet for ubuntu can be built.
agran

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 03:11:42 PM

Something wrong with your boost. Pools can build linux for them, that means wallet for ubuntu can be built.

Other forks on the same computer compiles well.

TinyMiner

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 03:35:30 PM

I just built a forum for GNS.

I hope all can support it, thank you.

URL: http://www.gnsfan.com

crossabdd
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1145

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 03:41:41 PM
Last edit: March 30, 2014, 06:55:00 AM by crossabdd

[quota]
I like that you put effort into the development of this coin. Sadly I think that it goes unseen.

You should consider two major things for getting your coin up on its feet:

1. Proper marketing to get decent exposure.

2. Hire a graphics designer that will work on the coin symbol and possible wallet design.

Totally agreed.
pttinh (OP)

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 04:04:04 PM

Other forks on the same computer compiles well.

we didn't change anything in main.cpp, that function is in main.cpp file. If the old wallet can be built, the new wallet should be built successfully too.

You met some problem in boost library.
agran

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 04:32:31 PM

we didn't change anything in main.cpp, that function is in main.cpp file. If the old wallet can be built, the new wallet should be built successfully too.

I downloaded Linux Daemon from here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=518258.msg5749455#msg5749455 and got this error.

Code:
# genesiscoind
genesiscoind: error while loading shared libraries: libboost_system.so.1.53.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

bumblebee33

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 05:30:09 PM

Please decide on the amount of PoS as soon as possible. This will be a deal breaker for me, if I should start to mine this coin again. I really like the ZEIT coin feature of 25% annually PoS. If you could incorporate some similar sum for the Genesis coin, that would attract more people to it.
cryptonit
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1053

bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2014, 08:51:50 PM

mining difficulty is so low that its worth spend a few days here and look if coin develop
nethash below 50mhash

Diamond [DMD]     uNiq.Diamonds  
Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
Painful Truth

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 08:55:38 PM

what a crap excuses

premine for bounties is good, IF everything is fully transparent, which is super easy with cryptocurrencies.
TinyMiner

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 11:34:42 PM

current block is 14544  Grin

QuadraQ

Activity: 480
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 02:18:36 AM

I like that you put effort into the development of this coin. Sadly I think that it goes unseen.

You should consider two major things for getting your coin up on its feet:

1. Proper marketing to get decent exposure.

2. Hire a graphics designer that will work on the coin symbol and possible wallet design.

I have to agree especially with item #2. The coin needs a fresh new look. GenesisCoin is a good name, but the coin artwork just falls flat. You want something iconic that matches the good development work going into this.
kache

Activity: 140

Bored

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 02:27:33 AM

Please move to X11. ScryptN is destructive to GPU, we already had multiple reports of it destroying GPUs.

Rig: http://www.betarigs.com/rig/257
BTC: 15rBivhPYhVnQsgVHucNXHy5b66bUn6njM
Doge: DSdsJdTrmXSAZCdNi1iQ7zEo8nH1iBWGQv
pttinh (OP)

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 04:01:27 AM

I downloaded Linux Daemon from here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=518258.msg5749455#msg5749455 and got this error.

Code:
# genesiscoind
genesiscoind: error while loading shared libraries: libboost_system.so.1.53.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
it seems that you don't have boost library in your computer. It is right?
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: