Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 02:38:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2,5 BTC ($100K) SCAM Changenow exchange  (Read 283 times)
ACrow (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 10
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 11, 2021, 09:31:35 AM
Last edit: September 12, 2021, 04:10:56 PM by ACrow
Merited by Symmetrick (1)

I did an exchange with Changenow.io ~2.5 BTC to xmr. They processed my exchange for a long time, and the time for the xmr deposit account began to expire. I turned to support and asked to change the address for paying xmr, so as not to lose my money.

They said they had to validate me. They sent some xmr to my address in the exchange and told me to name the amount and give a hash as proof. I did it and they promised to change the address.

The exchange was processed and they sent a letter about it. It turned out that they did not change the address, sending my xmr to where my access expired.

They said that this is their internal mistake and they will fix it.

https://imgur.com/e32O2mC

They started stalling for time, asking me to tell them who the owner of the address was. I won't tell them this because they will try to extract my xmr, but it may take weeks and months.

I understand that Changenow does not want to lose on this deal, but this is their mistake and I should not suffer from it. They should compensate for my losses by sending my xmr to the correct address.

https://ibb.co/FnQ2835

Evidence:

1. I passed the validation, they recognized it and promised to change the address for xmr

2. The exchange was processed, but the address was not changed.

3. They admitted the mistake.

4. Three days have passed, but they have not compensated for my losses.

5. I should not suffer from this.

6. Arnold from support gave me an ETA of 12 hours, during this time, they should give my xmr, but I don't believe them. 8 hours have passed, but nothing has been received.

https://ibb.co/zrXKvxh
https://ibb.co/nPDYzPs
https://ibb.co/7WZq4cR
https://ibb.co/yyqmvYV

Avoid this exchanger, please spread it. I will accept any help from the community.

It's been 12 hours, I haven't received anything. Scammers!

It's been more than 3 days!

They require me to send them BTC from one of the addresses that belong to the exchange and I do not have access to them.

Validation has already been passed, they sent me some xmr, I gave them the number and hash of the transaction.

Obviously, they are delaying this so as not to incur losses. But if it's their fault, why should I bear the loss?

Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ACrow (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
September 11, 2021, 10:04:39 AM

Reserved
bL4nkcode
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305

Limited in number. Limitless in potential.

View Profile
September 11, 2021, 07:14:49 PM

Assuming that they are only working on week days, since its weekends maybe you can wait til monday for them to respond to your concern. And decide if they really are scam. Though there are lots of scam accusation against changenow, may be your issue is different since they told you that they will fix it.
ACrow (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
September 11, 2021, 11:33:45 PM
Last edit: September 12, 2021, 08:26:24 AM by ACrow

Assuming that they are only working on week days, since its weekends maybe you can wait til monday for them to respond to your concern. And decide if they really are scam. Though there are lots of scam accusation against changenow, may be your issue is different since they told you that they will fix it.

They work 24/7 The problem is that they they promised that the address would be changed, but they did not do it and my funds went into the void. They admitted the error, said that it was an internal error. conducted validation with me. I went through the validation, they sent me some xmr, I named the amount and gave the hash of the incoming transaction.

They said that the address will be changed, but they did not do it and my funds went into the void. They admitted the error, said that it was an internal error.\

They should give away my xmr, since the error is on their side. Why should I wait? More days have passed.
bL4nkcode
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305

Limited in number. Limitless in potential.

View Profile
September 12, 2021, 02:38:56 AM

I understand the uneasiness coz obviously that's not just a small amount. But for this time you should be at least wait for them even just for monday or so, and now if they don't still fix this issue for a certain time, you can take this to legal procedures assuming crypto is not illegal on your country since its not that small amount afterall.
ACrow (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
September 12, 2021, 09:16:40 AM

I understand the uneasiness coz obviously that's not just a small amount. But for this time you should be at least wait for them even just for monday or so, and now if they don't still fix this issue for a certain time, you can take this to legal procedures assuming crypto is not illegal on your country since its not that small amount afterall.

As you can see, they are so cowardly in this that they do not even comment on what happened here, although I warned them about it.
ACrow (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
September 13, 2021, 09:20:18 AM

For the fifth day, I have been receiving a copy-paste message saying that I need to send them BTC from addresses to which I do not have access. Well, a great attempt to tighten it up. Let me remind the community that the validation was successful when changing the address, after which they simply forgot to change it, which led to my loss of $100K.

I don't have to confirm anything, it was already done when I gave them the amount of xmr and the hash of the transaction that was sent by them for verification.

Please avoid this exchange and let everyone who is dear to you know about it.
examplens
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 3160

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2021, 10:44:00 AM

this is no longer an acidentaly when we talking about Changenow exchanger. they often appear here accused of attempting to defraud or withholding someone’s money.

You probably need to push them hard, I suggest you check this ChangeNow.io - Scam. Fraudsters have stolen 100 BCH (11 bitcoins)
Also ChangeNOW is their official active account here on the forum, and if you check his feedback page, you will see many scam accusations.
also, you can create a flag against them.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
ChangeNOW

Activity: 217
Merit: 17

ChangeNOW. Non-custodial and limitless exchange.

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2021, 01:27:44 PM

Hello there, ACrow!

Please allow us to clarify what happened — the exchange was processed, and the exchanged XMR were sent to you. It is hardly an error — on the contrary, the system worked as intended and the funds were sent to an address that you gave us in the very beginning of your exchange.
Still, we’re very sorry to hear that you’ve lost access to this address during the exchange process, and that our Support Team couldn’t change the payout address in time as you requested.
That is exactly why we are currently doing everything possible to help you locate and get access to the funds that were sent to an initial address that you gave us.

You can rest assured that dragging out this case is the last thing on our mind right now — we want to solve this case in shortest delays as much as you do.

Our Support Team has sent you a very detailed list of things that we require from your side to help you.
We had to repeat these specific instructions merely because you refuse to follow them — sorry if that came across as rude, that was never our intention at all.

Rest assured that your case has our undivided attention — still, to be perfectly honest, the ETA of this case being resolved currently depends on you.
Our Support Team will gladly advance the case further as soon as the requested requirements are met — we wouldn’t make any user wait for assistance any longer than it’s absolutely needed.

We are glad to be as transparent of a service as possible and will gladly explain the details of your case to the rest of the crypto community if needed.

▒ NOW token ▒ by ChangeNOW ▒ Get the WIN! ▒
ChangeNOW - an instant Non-custodial Exchange Service  (( changenow.io ))
papajaman

Activity: 12

View Profile
May 30, 2022, 04:33:34 PM

They also scammed me. Be carefull everybody. Do NOT send them any money!
AlmightyshO

Activity: 7
Merit: 7

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2022, 11:07:20 AM

They also scammed me. Be carefull everybody. Do NOT send them any money!
Not true https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5400762.msg60260632#msg60260632
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: