Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:45:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you think about the refundable ICOs?  (Read 89 times)
omercolak5418 (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 13, 2021, 08:22:22 PM

We're working on a blockchain project and we're planning to launch initial coin offering soon. I have some questions about it. What do you think about refundable ICOs? We've developed a smart contract which refunds if ICO won't reach the soft cap target. However, there is a limitation about it. The project can only accept stable coins such as USDT, USDC if we choose the refundable way. Otherwise, we can accept all other coins. Do you think it's worth it and would you invest projects like this?
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
boyptc

Activity: 2982
Merit: 678

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
September 13, 2021, 08:48:41 PM

If you're going to refund after people invested then that means that you're project is unlikely successful.

Why create a refundable ICO if that's what you think. Correct me if I'm wrong if that's the expectation that you're about to do.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
smyslov

Activity: 2002
Merit: 269

View Profile
September 13, 2021, 11:59:46 PM

We're working on a blockchain project and we're planning to launch initial coin offering soon. I have some questions about it. What do you think about refundable ICOs? We've developed a smart contract which refunds if ICO won't reach the soft cap target. However, there is a limitation about it. The project can only accept stable coins such as USDT, USDC if we choose the refundable way. Otherwise, we can accept all other coins. Do you think it's worth it and would you invest projects like this?

It's good if you will refund your investors if the project did not reach a soft cap many projects in the past and until now are doing this, out of honesty if you can create a smart contract that will do that people will be interested to invest but the overall makeup, the platform of the project is what investors are looking right now, they want a usable platform that the community can use and enhance the blockchain technology.
s3int

Activity: 3

View Profile
September 14, 2021, 03:31:22 AM

If you're going to refund after people invested then that means that you're project is unlikely successful.

Why create a refundable ICO if that's what you think. Correct me if I'm wrong if that's the expectation that you're about to do.

It's available to refund if ICO is finished. When it is finished if the ICO didn't reach a soft cap then people can refund the currency which they invest. I guess that it's the drive to people trust more than it's. If the project reaches the goal then there s no problem. if not then refund the money back.
what do u think its not more trustable ?
semobo

Activity: 1498
Merit: 146

View Profile
September 14, 2021, 04:02:22 AM

It's available to refund if ICO is finished. When it is finished if the ICO didn't reach a soft cap then people can refund the currency which they invest. I guess that it's the drive to people trust more than it's. If the project reaches the goal then there s no problem. if not then refund the money back.
It sounds good idea for the startup investors because it completely remove the risk factor but it can be used as a marketing strategy too so you can reach more people and set the softcap too low means the fundraising will reach out the softcap in very short time.
Xinarae*

Activity: 1414
Merit: 326

View Profile
September 14, 2021, 04:23:34 AM

It is a very good project that pays back the investor it will help a lot to reach the goal you can invest here. One of the greatest benefits of investing in an ICO is the opportunity to invest in a new or upcoming technology most icos sell their tokens in small quantities, allowing even small investors to sell unlike traditional small investors get the opportunity to invest a small amount of money and in the event that the underlying project works well, the investor gets a lot of money back in the future.
MatchGift

Activity: 12

View Profile
September 14, 2021, 07:18:40 AM

Marketing strategy was created that earns points on trust by promising to pay back investors' money if the project does not meet its initial goal.I think investors can look warmly to such trustworthy projects.
boyptc

View Profile
September 14, 2021, 07:43:42 AM

It is really usually refundable after the ICO because it will determine if your project is a success or not. That's a good policy actually if you're going to refund if the project is unsuccessful because there are many projects in the past that didn't refund their investors.

But on the other hand, if you have this policy, do you think that there will be more investors to come to you? there are investors that are goal-driven and if they see this policy, they're likely to stop even if you're giving the confidence to them.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Chato1977

Activity: 1148
Merit: 58

View Profile
September 14, 2021, 08:08:56 AM

you have a good plan but do you have a good team and reputation?

people in crypto are tired of having too much promises, scammers nowadays are gaining ideas more and more on how they can make look legit their project but in the end it is scam.

show your credibility and your legitimacy, let people know if you are trust worthy and lets see what will happen.
brpee

Activity: 5

View Profile
September 14, 2021, 08:57:53 AM

Actually i like this type offerings. Refund option looks good.
s3int

View Profile
September 14, 2021, 08:58:47 AM

It is really usually refundable after the ICO because it will determine if your project is a success or not. That's a good policy actually if you're going to refund if the project is unsuccessful because there are many projects in the past that didn't refund their investors.

But on the other hand, if you have this policy, do you think that there will be more investors to come to you? there are investors that are goal-driven and if they see this policy, they're likely to stop even if you're giving the confidence to them.

we ar planning to refund directly from smart contract so its not changeable .and the investors can be proof it directly to read from smart contract..
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 401

View Profile
September 14, 2021, 09:16:02 AM

I'll probably not invest if the coins aren't censorship resistant, meaning they can't be seized by the entity that controls them. If the stablecoins are centralized and controlled centrally, they could be easily seized by those who control them whenever they want.
I guess you prefer stablecoin to avoid situations where investors money becomes more or less valuable when it's refunded. If that's the case how do you handle a situation where a stablecoin is devalue against Bitcoin or any currency the investor sent you money from? Would you consider paying Interest or something to avoid any potential conflict?  If you use a censorship resistant coin like Bitcoin, you probably could agree with the investors that they will be paid exactly how much they contribute in Bitcoin, whether it goes up or down. This should give the investors who accept the Terms peace of mind knowing that the ICO fund will not be seized by governments that do not like ICO.

I also would want such Smart-contract Fund with feature that gradually release funds to developers based on how well they have used part of the fund released to them by the smart contract. This should happen automatically.

s3int

View Profile
September 14, 2021, 12:52:58 PM

I'll probably not invest if the coins aren't censorship resistant, meaning they can't be seized by the entity that controls them. If the stablecoins are centralized and controlled centrally, they could be easily seized by those who control them whenever they want.
I guess you prefer stablecoin to avoid situations where investors money becomes more or less valuable when it's refunded. If that's the case how do you handle a situation where a stablecoin is devalue against Bitcoin or any currency the investor sent you money from? Would you consider paying Interest or something to avoid any potential conflict?  If you use a censorship resistant coin like Bitcoin, you probably could agree with the investors that they will be paid exactly how much they contribute in Bitcoin, whether it goes up or down. This should give the investors who accept the Terms peace of mind knowing that the ICO fund will not be seized by governments that do not like ICO.

I also would want such Smart-contract Fund with feature that gradually release funds to developers based on how well they have used part of the fund released to them by the smart contract. This should happen automatically.

We prefer stablecoin to get ahead of the depreciation or gain of the investor's investment when it is refunded. That's a reason we just can accept stable coins such as USDT.In this case, we guarantee to pay back the same amount of USDT which they invest.

our soft cap and hard cap are targeted in dollars  so your aim is for our investors to invest on dollar basis

In fact, we thought that cut off a few percent from investing example 10% to advertising payments. purpose to reach more people to find more investors. so they can refund back 90% percent back if the count reaches to cap. it's a course to raise ICO more quickly. And it automatically happens when the investors pay for tokens.

by the way, we developed a smart contract that releases funds of developers separately at time intervals. Even all distribution of tokens ll be the same.
boyptc

View Profile
September 14, 2021, 02:42:47 PM

we ar planning to refund directly from smart contract so its not changeable .and the investors can be proof it directly to read from smart contract..
Well.

I have no more questions about it and let's see if that term and feature will be liked by investors.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███