Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:00:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [WO/Hat-Gang Only - MODERATED] The fucking COVID vax thread (No hat? Fuck off!)  (Read 6905 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (5 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
psycodad
Legendary

Activity: 1604
Merit: 1564

精神分析的爸

View Profile
December 16, 2021, 03:56:44 PM

France won't allow British tourists in regardless of vaccination status.

So what was the point of vaccination (beyond helping people's risk of symptoms of covid)?

Are they saying it does not stop the spread then regardless?

why only brits? shouldnt they ban tourists from all other countries then?
After 100's of years kicking their arses the French politicians really don't like us British it's just the way it is

To paraphrase Monty Pythons Holy Grail, the French probably just farted in your general direction and told you that your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.

Though I hear if you answer a question about swallows tropical nut transportation capabilities right, you're still allowed in.

Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitcoinPsycho
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 2077

$120000 in 2024 Confirmed

View Profile
December 16, 2021, 03:57:51 PM

Roll Eyes Cheesy

$100,000 BTC in one hour
psycodad
Legendary

Activity: 1604
Merit: 1564

精神分析的爸

View Profile
December 16, 2021, 04:14:12 PM
Merited by vapourminer (1), OutOfMemory (1)

Just got word from mom 'n pop, they both were due for boostering (late 70s both) and were initially vaccinated with Moderna early May this year. Now both their docs urged them to have the booster, both meanwhile - let's say - got some questions about the whole "just vaccinate when asked to to end the pandemic".
Both insisted on a measurement of their antibody levels before taking another shot.

Pop got 190, while mom got 390!

I don't know what the values mean, but to put them in perspective you need 28 to get a certificate as recovered from Covid or sufficiently vaccinated/protected, below 16 is dangerous they say.

Funny enough, doctors told them "just booster and you be good, the test is totally unnecessary and you have to pay it yourself" (vaxing is paid fully by gubbermint).

Don't trust, verify!

Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3556
Merit: 5041

View Profile
December 17, 2021, 01:13:19 AM

"The jabs don't prevent transmission, therefore you need more injections to prevent transmission, which still won't work either. Oh and self-protection (that doesn't really prevent anything) wanes, so you'll need regular boosters too."
OutOfMemory
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 3003

Man who stares at charts

View Profile
December 17, 2021, 08:07:39 PM
Merited by Torque (1)

Hey, good news from a stupid lil european country i happen to have been born in:
They are now letting the army evaluate the situation, "support" the healthcare system and manage the national pandemic plan.
What could possibly go wrong?  Roll Eyes

You can only have a good shit in nature if you know how to ignore all these annoying flies.
Tuco Benedicto Pacifico

Activity: 46
Merit: 28

View Profile
December 18, 2021, 02:46:05 PM
Merited by BobLawblaw (2)

Looks like the "Omicron = natural vaccine" theory...assumption...hope is confirmed by UK data SO FAR.

"Top 5 symptoms:
Runny nose
Headache
Fatigue (mild or severe)
Sneezing
Sore throat".

At around the 13 minute mark in:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1nqQOn6Rbc

Furthermore, that Pfizer safety report to the FDA, which was supposed to take a nap for 55 years, was published by ways of FOIA.

Martenson is going through that data here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCbohvmiigY

TL,DR: Data is a complete mess, utterly unfit to make an informed decision upon.

BitcoinBunny
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 2493

View Profile
December 18, 2021, 06:24:06 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

So a 4 week lockdown in The Netherlands.

How long before us Brits will have the same?
It's almost here I reckon.

Yes, I took the fucking double vaccines (mostly with the outlook so I could travel abroad again in the new year) but I now pretty much regret getting this useless garbage in my arm as now Mr. snake oil salesman says "ah those don't work, but the boosters do." Fuck you all.

If my vaccine status runs out because of lack of booster they can literally shove their booster needles and bottles up their dirty assholes.

If I cannot ever travel abroad again, so be it.
OutOfMemory
Legendary

Man who stares at charts

View Profile
December 18, 2021, 07:36:06 PM

So a 4 week lockdown in The Netherlands.

How long before us Brits will have the same?
It's almost here I reckon.

Yes, I took the fucking double vaccines (mostly with the outlook so I could travel abroad again in the new year) but I now pretty much regret getting this useless garbage in my arm as now Mr. snake oil salesman says "ah those don't work, but the boosters do." Fuck you all.

If my vaccine status runs out because of lack of booster they can literally shove their booster needles and bottles up their dirty assholes.

If I cannot ever travel abroad again, so be it.

I fear Boris will never establish a lockdown again, because it costs the government and his friends too much money.
As of vaxxination, more and more people will not want to get another shot over time. Vaccines work less with every new variant, people are slowly becoming aware. On the downside, governments tend to force vaccination via mandates, as we can see in some european countries already.
I keep my fingers crossed that Omicron will have a manageable impact on the health system. Otherwise we're pretty fucked in more than one way, because it's so fucking contagious.
As variants become more sophisticated in spreading, vaccination needs to be overthought anyway.
What i don't understand is why secondary covid19 factors are not getting more attention, like obesity, diabetes, age, ace-2 receptor load etc.
Single-approach measures like vaccination should be known to fail more often than not, in context of history.

You can only have a good shit in nature if you know how to ignore all these annoying flies.
vapourminer
Legendary

Activity: 4326
Merit: 3519

what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

View Profile
December 18, 2021, 09:18:06 PM

What i don't understand is why secondary covid19 factors are not getting more attention, like obesity, diabetes, age, ace-2 receptor load etc.
Single-approach measures like vaccination should be known to fail more often than not, in context of history.

well here in the usa we have the sugar and junk food lobby groups to bribe donate to politicians to protect our right to get morbidly fat.
OutOfMemory
Legendary

Man who stares at charts

View Profile
December 18, 2021, 10:06:40 PM
Last edit: December 19, 2021, 09:26:39 AM by OutOfMemory

well here in the usa we have the sugar and junk food lobby groups to bribe donate to politicians to protect our right to get morbidly fat.

That's only one aspect, though. But... from what i know of my little motherland, about 80% of ICU patients are obese at minimum.
It's something about fat cells that react on inflammation. Would fit the heart-failure/stroke rate of obese people, since we know that blood clots are consisting mainly of waste products of the body reacting to inflammation within the arteries or arterial wall.
A dude i know had a heart-attack at age 39, some months after he drove a big nail through his upper arm. The infection was going on, maybe because he is a man that always works and never wants to rest for too long, and the clot was building up at the inner wall of an artery that the nail just missed, until it was released to the blood stream.

julian071

Activity: 1132
Merit: 818

View Profile
December 19, 2021, 04:38:31 PM
Merited by AlcoHoDL (1)

AlcoHodL, my sincere condoleances....

=P
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 4004
Merit: 4473

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
December 19, 2021, 06:40:17 PM
Merited by AlcoHoDL (1)

Another truly tragic COVID-19 casualty. In my family.

45 years old. 6.2 ft tall. Perfectly healthy. Never had any illnesses throughout his life. Was serving in the military (Lieutenant, O-3). As you probably know, military officers regularly undertake medical tests, and his was perfectly clean. Stationed at a weapons research facility, doing research on encrypted network protocols.

Not vaccinated (out of "principle", whatever the FUCK that means). Contracted COVID-19. Fell ill. Within a week he was in ICU. A week later he was dead. DEAD. Got that? DEAD!

A brilliant man, a great military officer and scientist, LOST due to some medieval, dark-ages, Ted Kaczynski-type ideas, circulated for-profit on the internet, claiming that vaccines, medicines, science, technology, are somehow bad for us and we should abstain from them. He leaves behind his wife and two little girls.

Sorry to post this here, but it needs to be heard. If the mods want, they can delete it or move it to Bob's thread. The pain is just too much for me right now. I just had to post this, in the hope that some "anti-vaxxers" out there read it and WAKE THE FUCK UP. I'm not talking about what I've heard, read, or dreamt, this is real life inside my own social circle.

And anyone offended by this post can go fuck themselves, thank you.

My heart goes out to you and your family AlcoHoDL.

Too bad that discussion about a simple medical precaution has become tainted with bullshit politics.
AlcoHoDL
Legendary

Activity: 2366
Merit: 4161

Addicted to HoDLing!

View Profile
December 19, 2021, 07:20:59 PM

AlcoHodL, my sincere condoleances....

Another truly tragic COVID-19 casualty. In my family.

45 years old. 6.2 ft tall. Perfectly healthy. Never had any illnesses throughout his life. Was serving in the military (Lieutenant, O-3). As you probably know, military officers regularly undertake medical tests, and his was perfectly clean. Stationed at a weapons research facility, doing research on encrypted network protocols.

Not vaccinated (out of "principle", whatever the FUCK that means). Contracted COVID-19. Fell ill. Within a week he was in ICU. A week later he was dead. DEAD. Got that? DEAD!

A brilliant man, a great military officer and scientist, LOST due to some medieval, dark-ages, Ted Kaczynski-type ideas, circulated for-profit on the internet, claiming that vaccines, medicines, science, technology, are somehow bad for us and we should abstain from them. He leaves behind his wife and two little girls.

Sorry to post this here, but it needs to be heard. If the mods want, they can delete it or move it to Bob's thread. The pain is just too much for me right now. I just had to post this, in the hope that some "anti-vaxxers" out there read it and WAKE THE FUCK UP. I'm not talking about what I've heard, read, or dreamt, this is real life inside my own social circle.

And anyone offended by this post can go fuck themselves, thank you.

My heart goes out to you and your family AlcoHoDL.

Too bad that discussion about a simple medical precaution has become tainted with bullshit politics.

Thanks Julian and Jimbo, I appreciate the comments.

I think there is no hope. I now understand Bob better when he sometimes talks so lowly about that space rock we are all living on.
OutOfMemory
Legendary

Man who stares at charts

View Profile
December 19, 2021, 07:36:07 PM
Last edit: December 19, 2021, 09:15:42 PM by OutOfMemory

Reply to https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=178336.msg58765760#msg58765760

This is disgusting. Dirty dirty dirty move... using the death of fellow WOer's close relative to shill your anti-vaxxer shit.  Sad

STRF suffers from a sick and powerful ego, maybe even from a serious mental condition.

@AlcoHODL: Really sorry for your loss.

@WO's:
Don't let us forget who the enemy is. It's not the "vaxxers", nor the "anti vaxxers", nor the conspiracists or emotionally numb s-holes.
It's the novel, mutating bitch of virus. It is a challenge that we have to take, it won't go by without the price we have to pay, as humans, as society, as humanity, as a group of BTC believers trying to have fun and debate on the biggest forum thread of bitcointalk.org.
I don't care how but anybody is free to do as he likes, as long as he takes care about himself and others.
Vaccines, masks, pills, distancing... whatever. Just don't try to be a selfish prick.
AlcoHODL's post and response was not about the Covid directly, it was about his tragic loss.
That's why he supposedly posted it here, like many of us did, even if it wasn't related to Covid.

A relative of my uncle died recently with Covid-19, and he was 100% fully vaccinated.

I never posted it here for sympathy and to go on an epic rant about vaccines, but should I have? I thought this was the Bitcoin WO thread.

If AlcoHODL had left out the condescending rant against people who chose not to take the vaccine, he never would have triggered me. Plus he posted it here, instead of Bob's off-topic thread he was already aware of, because he's posted there before also. He knew EXACTLY what he was doing. And all you guys are applauding him for it.

You guys talk all this smack about being tolerant and understanding, and letting people chose for themselves. But then you allow and celebrate the virtue signaling and condescension. smh

EDIT: Oh and Jimbo, it's not about "bullshit politics". It's about personal freedom, liberty, and choice.

You're right and you know it. But why the grudge? It doesn't help.
The vaccines aren't to blame for anybodies death by Covid. The manufacturers never claimed a 100% protection against death in vaccinated persons.
Sure, we know about the mess in Pfizer's "studies" about vaccine safety, we know about the governments that are all about avoiding damage to the economy and healthcare system, not about the wellbeing of the people which they are pretending to be committed to.
Let's concentrate on the real treats: The ongoing division in societies, the growing hate against people with different opinions, expecting our children to act like adults and just accept whatever stupid, corrupt politicians throw at them, effectively stealing their childhood.
On the other hand, safe vaccines are soon to be available on the market, but still they won't be 100% effective. SARS-CoV-2 in all it's variants is a different beast. We will integrate it, as our ancestors did with the flu(s), but it will take big sacrifices, also because we made and will continue to make mistakes, as imperfect as we are, but we have to try keep it them to a minimum.

Bad news as of the freedom aspect: There is no real freedom for us humans.
It's an illusion, and THE most excessively discussed topic in the philosophic field of psychology.
In fact we're always dependent on something, and the psychological concept of free will is a try to escape from this omnipresent dependence of mankind.
We're not even "free to decide" anything (free choice), because we were already manipulated beforehand, since birth.

Sorry for your loss, bro. Each loss is one too much, imo.
Act wisely.

I think there is no hope. I now understand Bob better when he sometimes talks so lowly about that space rock we are all living on.

It's dedication what we are living for. Everybody with the tiniest spark of life inside is dedicated to something. Something that keeps us moving. That's what is still worth living on this space rock of shit. Just my 2 cents.

EDIT: If it helps anybody, the following inspiration is what helped me to overcome my quarter-life depression:

Life is bigger than you think. In fact it's the greatest thing of all universes (let's not concentrate too much on the paradox aspects).
I mean Life that includes all forms of life, even a coronavirus, stupidly seeking to survive through simple, erroneous replication in host cells.
As soon as i was able to accept Life as such, i was able to see how great it is, how incredibly lucky i am to be alive, here and now, which was never granted to nobody. The probability for me to have been born, depending on everything that happened, from the big bang to my day of birth, is incredibly small, for all of us. This, in turn, makes Life extremely precious. It's the base of all living things existing, everywhere, at any time.
I was hit by this insight after my last trip on LSD, the greatest drug of all times, imho.
It seemed to me like this was the reason i took it and it has served its purpose. It saved my life, because i was already on the verge of suicide, as my insecure, younger me.

EDIT:
DISCLAIMER

It may seem that i glorify LSD in the above posting texr, but i'm not.
Honestly, at least half of the time, the "last LSD trip" was irritating and unpleasant. It was a complicated life for me back then, those who know LSD should know what that means in regard of tripping. This negative aspect of the experience sure played a part in finding my decision to quit taking the drug.

Torque
Legendary

View Profile
December 19, 2021, 07:53:00 PM
Last edit: December 19, 2021, 08:05:06 PM by Torque

The vaccines aren't to blame for anybodies death by Covid. The manufacturers never claimed a 100% protection against death in vaccinated persons.

Yes, "they" absolutely did in the beginning. They claimed that vaccinated people would not contract Covid, nor spread it to other people. And they flat out lied to the public. The vaccine makers already knew about all the side effects and clinical trial deaths, but want to suppress that data for 55 years.

https://dossier.substack.com/p/memory-hole-virtually-every-major

“Our data from the CDC suggests that vaccinated people don’t carry the virus, don’t get sick and that it’s not just in clinical trials, but it’s also in real world data.” - CDC Director Rochelle Walensky.
OutOfMemory
Legendary

Man who stares at charts

View Profile
December 19, 2021, 08:19:26 PM

Yes, "they" absolutely did in the beginning. They claimed that vaccinated people would not contract Covid, nor spread it to other people. And they flat out lied to the public. The vaccine makers already knew about all the side effects and clinical trial deaths, but want to suppress that data for 55 years.

https://dossier.substack.com/p/memory-hole-virtually-every-major

“Our data from the CDC suggests that vaccinated people don’t carry the virus, don’t get sick and that it’s not just in clinical trials, but it’s also in real world data.” - CDC Director Rochelle Walensky.

You will know them by their wording.
"suggest" is a vague, unscientific term they chose on purpose.
On the other hand, the public loves to be manipulated and exploited for the profit of a few.
Still, vaccines help a bit. But if they would be "marketed" this way, who would reason to take them?
As i said before, it's not only about wellbeing of people. This is the shit we have to cope with at this development stage of mankind. We're probably still early, as a species.

AlcoHoDL
Legendary

Activity: 2366
Merit: 4161

Addicted to HoDLing!

View Profile
December 19, 2021, 08:20:33 PM
Last edit: December 19, 2021, 08:34:53 PM by AlcoHoDL
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

{Moved from WO to this thread}

@AlcoHoDL

Lucky i am far away from you, people around you seem to get sick and die at a rate well above average from this covid thing.
That begs the question why would that be?

Can it be the exact opposite lifestyle to the Amish or the liking what they dont like, government, public shools, health care system
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1DgWYdukZU

Well, I've had COVID-19 myself and survived it (although it gave me hell). I hope it hasn't caused any permanent health damage. At that time (Jan 2021) vaccines were not available for my age group.

In my social circle (friends, relatives, colleagues, acquaintances), I've had this so far:

Total pool: 500+ people.
COVID-19 deaths (unvaccinated): 10 (those that I can recall).
COVID-19 deaths (vaccinated -- any type): NONE.
Deaths from vaccines alone (no COVID-19 infection): NONE.
Vaccine side-effects: Minimal (gone in 2-3 days) to none.
COVID-19 severe symptoms and/or hospitalized (unvaccinated): Many (myself included), haven't counted.
COVID-19 severe symptoms and/or hospitalized (vaccinated): NONE.
COVID-19 deaths close to me: 2 people, one very old, the second one is the recent one (45 y.o.).

I don't know how significant the above data is, and if my original post made WO so dirty or whatever. This is what it is, take it as you may. I present the data, it may be skewed, incomplete, small sample, and whatever else you can say about it. The reader can draw his/her own conclusions.

About the Amish, I don't know if you're joking or not (no offense, I hope you are serious). I don't really know, maybe their way of life protects them somehow. I haven't studied them much in relation to COVID-19. I did, however, watch a documentary, in which many showed some hypocrisy, in that deep down they appeared to crave the "normal" way of life. I felt they felt oppressed and wanting to "get out" so to speak. So, COVID-19 numbers may be better for them, but not sure in other aspects of life, psychologically, etc.
Torque
Legendary

View Profile
December 19, 2021, 08:37:39 PM

I don't know how significant the above data is, and if my original post made WO so dirty or whatever. This is what it is, take it as you may. I present the data, it may be skewed, incomplete, small sample, and whatever else you can say about it. The reader can draw his/her own conclusions.

On the worldwide scale, it's not significant, at all. For all the reasons you listed. It's just your local, personal experience.

Larger world collected data and metrics are what is significant, and tell the true story.
julian071

Activity: 1132
Merit: 818

View Profile
December 19, 2021, 09:29:25 PM
Merited by vapourminer (3), suchmoon (1), AlcoHoDL (1)

Here's my local, personal experience. I have lost a buddy and a colleague. At the home for the elderly where my GF works, more then 20% of the people who lived there died. Not a nice way to go btw. My GF has long covid, now 1,5 years. Many colleagues and friends have been sick and some have needed hospital care and some have needed months to recover. I have not heard about a single problem with vaccinations.

But indeed, just local, personal experience. The problem here is that we disagree on where to get the larger numbers.

Having had a scientific education myself, I really dislike this 'dyor' mantra that is going around. As it presupposes you should not trust the research (the real, peer-reviewed scientific research) done by people who actually know what they are talking about.

=P
vapourminer
Legendary

Activity: 4326
Merit: 3519

what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

View Profile
December 19, 2021, 09:37:44 PM
Merited by AlcoHoDL (2), julian071 (1)

Having had a scientific education myself, I really dislike this 'dyor' mantra that is going around. As it presupposes you should not trust the research (the real, peer-reviewed scientific research) done by people who actually know what they are talking about.

one thing i discovered when "doing my own research" on covid was that i actually knew jack shit about it. i have no degree in virology or epidemiology and such.

so i trust people who do have some expertise in the medical field. and those are MDs that i worked with and MDs that i entrust my care to (about a dozen). all recommended the vaccine and have taken it themselves.

so thats what my research concluded fwiw.

edit: team pfizer here, 3 shots.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: