Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:43:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MtGox not processing BTC withdrawals  (Read 2717 times)
sonba (OP)

Activity: 395
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 03, 2011, 08:32:37 PM

Hmm, anyone else has problems with withdrawing BTC on MtGox? They take more than 10 hours on 50% of my withdrawals and in case I don't react and ask them they actually take more than 24 hours. Is MtGox having BTC liquidity problems or is their engine flawed or something?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MatthewLM
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 04, 2011, 03:17:09 AM

I've heard they are moving loads of money around (for no reason???) causing massive sudden bitcoin volume spikes. Maybe that has something to do with it? http://blockchain.info/charts/estimated-transaction-volume?daysAverageString=7
sadpandatech

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 04, 2011, 04:42:26 PM

Hmm, anyone else has problems with withdrawing BTC on MtGox? They take more than 10 hours on 50% of my withdrawals and in case I don't react and ask them they actually take more than 24 hours. Is MtGox having BTC liquidity problems or is their engine flawed or something?

I've made 2 BTC wthdrawals from gox since yesterday and both went through instantly..

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

It is being worked on by smart people.  -DamienBlack
sonba (OP)

View Profile
December 04, 2011, 08:35:16 PM

some work, some don't work. One withdrawal was done on 1st of Dec and is still not visible in blockexplorer. Great - I really wonder about abandoning MG completely Sad
Mt.Gox_Natalie

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 05, 2011, 04:38:02 AM

Hello,

We are processing all our the bitcoin withdrawal requests.  If you have not received any of your bitcoin withdrawals, please contact us at the support desk by submitting a ticket there and we will look into it for you.  (https://support.mtgox.com/home)
EuSouBitcoin

Activity: 490
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 05, 2011, 05:45:07 AM

I requested 2 withdrawals on Saturday. One went through right away. The other sat for over 24 hours. When I inquired about it Mt Gox then sent it out. Good thing I wasn't in a hurry.

You can't win if you don't play. But you can't play if you lose all your chips. First I found bitcoin (BTC). Then I found something better, Monero (XMR). See GetMonero.org
MatthewLM
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 05, 2011, 04:15:07 PM

Hello,

We are processing all our the bitcoin withdrawal requests.  If you have not received any of your bitcoin withdrawals, please contact us at the support desk by submitting a ticket there and we will look into it for you.  (https://support.mtgox.com/home)

Broken servers?

some work, some don't work. One withdrawal was done on 1st of Dec and is still not visible in blockexplorer. Great - I really wonder about abandoning MG completely Sad

You would have thought one of those other attempts at bitcoin exchanges would have been successful by now considering MtGox is shown to be quite unreliable and insecure.
unsquidly

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 06, 2011, 06:34:13 PM

MtGox is just a piece of shit site and company...See my recent post about my issues with them and how well they have responded to me on my issues......Take your business elsewhere and let them go under....
Mt.Gox Support
VIP

Activity: 308

View Profile
December 07, 2011, 09:38:06 AM

MtGox is just a piece of shit site and company...See my recent post about my issues with them and how well they have responded to me on my issues......Take your business elsewhere and let them go under....

FIY = https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=53661.msg642862#msg642862

Mt.Gox : The Leading International Bitcoin Exchange.
Mt.Gox Merchant Solutions : https://mtgox.com/merchant
sonba (OP)

View Profile
December 10, 2011, 10:10:03 PM

Hello,

the problem is, the withdrawal took more than 2 days. It was only send AFTER I complained. So, I still ask myself what happens if you do not tell MtGox that withdraws are missing. I would assume they never arrive. This is what bothers me. I don't like to recheck whether all my withdrawals arrived and otherwise MtGox just got an additional "donation"...
BITLISH
VIP

Activity: 573
Merit: 503

View Profile
December 13, 2011, 04:55:39 PM

Hello,

i really don't like complaining, but this one is serious. I just closed ticket about btc withdrawal this morning and have to open another one right now.
I can understand Mtgox problems with fiat or e-money for sure.
But I cannot see any single reason why bitcoin withdrawals are delayed for days! You should take care of that asap and high priority.

FYI i see the connection between this problem and withdrawals count per day. Previously, when number of withdrawals per day were just a few, I never dealt with such problems.
Mt.Gox Support
VIP

View Profile
December 14, 2011, 04:08:00 AM

Hello,

i really don't like complaining, but this one is serious. I just closed ticket about btc withdrawal this morning and have to open another one right now.
I can understand Mtgox problems with fiat or e-money for sure.
But I cannot see any single reason why bitcoin withdrawals are delayed for days! You should take care of that asap and high priority.

FYI i see the connection between this problem and withdrawals count per day. Previously, when number of withdrawals per day were just a few, I never dealt with such problems.

Can you provide us your new ticket number? Just checked with MagicalTux and everything is going smoothly... So, once again, we need your ticket number that I can check this matter directly with him and find why you have such problems.

BITLISH
VIP

Activity: 573
Merit: 503

View Profile
December 14, 2011, 04:44:38 AM

I've received the transfer 2 hours ago, many thanks! I'm closing ticket right now.

Also, I can't get rid of the feeling that this may happen again, just because it happened twice in a row. Could you please check this human or machine error, so it could never be an issue again, just like all time before. I and many other people would be very grateful for that.

Thank you.
payb.tc

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 14, 2011, 05:14:03 AM

just putting my hand up to say "me too".

my main concern was i was withdrawing to a 'temporary' address which wasn't under my control... so i was worried that when mtgox did finally send it (5 days later) that temporary 'shopping cart' address would have expired and i'd be out of luck.

fortunately on this occasion the temp address was still available to me, however it would be good if mtgox could retry failed transfers to a DIFFERENT address.

second concern was that although my initial email was fairly clear, it seemed like staff didn't really read it properly or investigate on the first instance (if they had, they could have easily seen it was a failed transfer and re-sent it), but instead it took another reply by me to explain again before it was investigated.

i feel like the whole thing could have been dealt with in that first 24 hours instead of 5 days if only they'd taken the time to properly understand my first message instead of firing off what seemed like an unrelated copy+paste response.

Mt.Gox Support
VIP

View Profile
December 14, 2011, 06:24:16 AM

I've received the transfer 2 hours ago, many thanks! I'm closing ticket right now.

Also, I can't get rid of the feeling that this may happen again, just because it happened twice in a row. Could you please check this human or machine error, so it could never be an issue again, just like all time before. I and many other people would be very grateful for that.

Thank you.

We are going to investigate it.

twobitcoins

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 14, 2011, 06:49:27 PM

I've been waiting on a withdrawal for 17 hours now.  After 3 hours I sent a support request and immediately received a response:

Quote from: Mt.Gox Support Desk
We are experiencing some delays with bitcoin withdrawals. If it is resolved, it will appear on the block explorer. Thank you for your kind understanding and patience in the process. We will notify you once it shows up on the network.

I'll be generous and assume that "If it is resolved" means "When it is resolved" -- probably an English-as-a-second-language thing.  But clearly they are having problems.  It makes Mt. Gox pretty useless as an online wallet right now.  If the withdrawal does not go through soon, I will have to contact the store I was sending the payment to and arrange to send a separate payment and have them refund the extra payment from Mt. Gox whenever it arrives, otherwise I risk not getting the item I ordered in time for Christmas.
Mt.Gox Support
VIP

View Profile
December 15, 2011, 01:06:37 AM

I've been waiting on a withdrawal for 17 hours now.  After 3 hours I sent a support request and immediately received a response:

We are experiencing some delays with bitcoin withdrawals. If it is resolved, it will appear on the block explorer. Thank you for your kind understanding and patience in the process. We will notify you once it shows up on the network.

I'll be generous and assume that "If it is resolved" means "When it is resolved" -- probably an English-as-a-second-language thing.  But clearly they are having problems.  It makes Mt. Gox pretty useless as an online wallet right now.  If the withdrawal does not go through soon, I will have to contact the store I was sending the payment to and arrange to send a separate payment and have them refund the extra payment from Mt. Gox whenever it arrives, otherwise I risk not getting the item I ordered in time for Christmas.

I'm surprised about this statement and would love to know your ticket number that we can check this out since we do not have any problems with Bitcoins withdrawals lately.

Mt.Gox Support
VIP

View Profile
December 15, 2011, 01:20:50 AM

Well, please check your ticket and you will see what happened ;-)

Now let me explain what happened here that everybody who's in the same situation may find some piece! What Twobitcoins did was to sent BTC from one Mt.Gox Wallet to another Mt.Gox wallet, in this very case all transactions are instantly confirmed and done without going through the blockchain.

twobitcoins

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 15, 2011, 03:36:17 AM

Well, please check your ticket and you will see what happened ;-)

Now let me explain what happened here that everybody who's in the same situation may find some piece! What Twobitcoins did was to sent BTC from one Mt.Gox Wallet to another Mt.Gox wallet, in this very case all transactions are instantly confirmed and done without going through the blockchain.

Yes, thank you for the response (both on the help desk and here).

It is an understandable policy, but it can also result in confusion when using a withdrawal to pay someone that you don't know is using Mt. Gox.  You might consider providing some indication that a withdrawal was processed internally, e.g. on the withdrawal confirmation page and the transaction history.

Even that may not be enough for some use cases, like if a third party is supposed to confirm that a transaction took place by looking at the block chain.  But I understand the desire to avoid unnecessary transactions, so the tradeoff may be acceptable.
sonba (OP)

View Profile
December 18, 2011, 08:25:39 PM

On a seperate note: when your customer service is dealing with these problems of late BTC sending, the first and the last mail is always taht generic "... can take up to 24 hours... please check blockexplorer...." shit, even if they admitted the problem in between. I think it owuld make your customer service look more professionial if there's not always this standard mail going out Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: