Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:51:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: While the Occupy Movement Considers Their Next Move, Perhaps...  (Read 3802 times)
julz
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 05, 2011, 06:09:31 AM

I'd like to add one more thing into this post, as to police brutality. This was a 'harmless beanbag round'

Beanbag rounds aren't supposed to be harmless.  They are non-lethal.

I think a wound something like that on the neck has a fair chance of being lethal.

@electricwings   BM-GtyD5exuDJ2kvEbr41XchkC8x9hPxdFd
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2011, 06:23:09 AM

I'd like to add one more thing into this post, as to police brutality. This was a 'harmless beanbag round'

I think a wound something like that on the neck has a fair chance of being lethal.

Or between the eyes.
legolouman

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

Decent Programmer to boot!

View Profile
December 05, 2011, 11:49:49 AM

Or between the eyes.

Not to mention the weaponized tear gas being used. It can cause the need for hospitalization. I find it funny, because these protests make sense, and are peaceful and unarmed, yet the Tea Party protests are people carrying loaded guns and nothing happens. The government has a bit of a problem with anyone that might make a difference.

If you love me, you'd give me a Satoshi!
BTC - 1MSzGKh5znbrcEF2qTrtrWBm4ydH5eT49f
LTC - LYeJrmYQQvt6gRQxrDz66XTwtkdodx9udz
kwukduck
Legendary

Activity: 1937

View Profile
December 06, 2011, 12:09:15 AM

Funny though, i've just been discussing with an occupy group and guess what their #2 item was...

"reforming the monetary system",

yet if you bring up bitcoin they all group up and form a group that looks an awfull lot like this

14b8PdeWLqK3yi3PrNHMmCvSmvDEKEBh3E
legolouman

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

Decent Programmer to boot!

View Profile
December 06, 2011, 12:10:50 AM

Funny though, i've just been discussing with an occupy group and guess what their #2 item was...

"reforming the monetary system",

yet if you bring up bitcoin they all group up and form a group that looks an awfull lot like this

Bitcoin is a great way to decentralize an economy, but I don't really think that cryptocurrencies are 'old' enough to become a country's economy.

If you love me, you'd give me a Satoshi!
BTC - 1MSzGKh5znbrcEF2qTrtrWBm4ydH5eT49f
LTC - LYeJrmYQQvt6gRQxrDz66XTwtkdodx9udz
kwukduck
Legendary

Activity: 1937

View Profile
December 06, 2011, 12:19:27 AM

Bitcoin is a great way to decentralize an economy, but I don't really think that cryptocurrencies are 'old' enough to become a country's economy.

Ofcourse, it's new, it's scary.
But i'm just very suprised that they aren't even 'open minded' (as they claim to be) to a brilliant concept.
Yet, they try to think of their own kind of money, probably gets down to trading classic goods and resources...

This was one of the few groups i really expected to jump on bitcoin eventually, maybe not initially, but in a few weeks or so.

14b8PdeWLqK3yi3PrNHMmCvSmvDEKEBh3E
Vandroiy
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 06, 2011, 01:53:39 AM

Most of the OWS do not match with Bitcoiners... Politically speaking that is... If they only knew how much they really have in common...

That. They don't understand what they're doing, or don't know what to do. The real fight is in here, trying to push Bitcoin. But these people just don't see it, and think we are their enemies.

I've said this in other threads, but any of the Anonymous (the hacktivist group) funding is done through BTC.

A bit offtopic, but I recommend not using "the ... group" in the case of Anonymous. The point is that it's a swarm, anyone can join or leave or come back at any time. People fundraising for "the" group usually just represent a very tiny branch of the whole... thing, or whatever it is. Any real "anon" is unlikely to ever accept any kind of leadership. However, he'll probably be positively amused that someone was able to raise funds using the name.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
December 06, 2011, 02:50:22 AM

This class war has been raging for centuries and there is finally a financial weapon that will one day turn the tide. Stanley Kubrick would have been proud of the invention of Bitcoin.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: