Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 11:27:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 1 TH/s-miner with only 16 GH/s  (Read 3466 times)
inzli (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 11:20:54 PM

Hi all,

I just received a 1TH-miner. It works well. At least, that's what it looks like. On the interface, it pretends to work with more than 1 TH/s. However, on all pools i connected the machine I never got more than 16 GH/s. Has anybody an idea where I should start to investigate what's wrong with this machine?

It basically is this one: http://coinsfortech.com/shop/coincraft-1ths-28nm-asic-bitcoin-miner-with-power-supply/

Thanks for every hint!
dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 11:25:30 PM

How long have you left it running on the pool before ascertaining that it only hashes at 16GH?
inzli (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 11:27:11 PM

About 30 minutes on the first two pools, about 15 minutes on the other.
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 11:44:10 PM

Hi all,

I just received a 1TH-miner. It works well. At least, that's what it looks like. On the interface, it pretends to work with more than 1 TH/s. However, on all pools i connected the machine I never got more than 16 GH/s. Has anybody an idea where I should start to investigate what's wrong with this machine?

It basically is this one: http://coinsfortech.com/shop/coincraft-1ths-28nm-asic-bitcoin-miner-with-power-supply/

Thanks for every hint!

Which pools have you tried? Try eligius.st

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
inzli (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 11:48:43 PM

Tried Eligius.st and got there about 16 GH/s. At btcguild only 12, ghash.io about 14 and some smaller pools showed similar results. If it were only one pool showing such a low figure, I'd say it is a question of the miner not being compatible with the pool. But the fact that all pools show such low figures lets me guess that the miner has some issues..
inzli (OP)

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 12:34:52 AM

For illustrating the situation here's a screenshot from the miner's gui:

http://s17.postimg.org/gplxzn4lr/miner.png

However, after 20 minutes, Eligius shows me the following:

http://s29.postimg.org/e77bhnzsn/miner2.png

Now, after 30 minutes, I'm down on 6 GH/s.

Is there anything you guys who have more experience see?

Thanks
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 12:41:36 AM

For illustrating the situation here's a screenshot from the miner's gui:

However, after 20 minutes, Eligius shows me the following:

Now, after 30 minutes, I'm down on 6 GH/s.

Is there anything you guys who have more experience see?

Thanks

Only thing I can suggest is to SSH into the miner and see what cgminer is actually showing rather than the web front end. Because from the stats on the web it looks good.

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
Kenshin

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 12:44:53 AM

But it is not 1TH/s is it?  Roll Eyes
inzli (OP)

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 01:09:27 AM

When I ssh into the miner and try to start cgminer, I just get a segmentation fault if I'm root. When I'm just a normal user, it sometimes starts when I put in sudo cgminer.... however, the output is not verbose, and if I try to start cgminer with the --verbose option, it doesn't start at all. However, it starts perfectly when I use the web-interface. ps -Af shows the following:

sudo ./cgminer -o stratum+tcp://stratum.mining.eligius.st:3334 -u xxxxxxxxxxxxxx -p 0 -o stratum+tcp://uk1.ghash.io:3333 -u xxxxx.6 -p 0 -o stratum+tcp://uk1.ghash.io:3333 -u xxxxx.8 -p 0 --A1Pll1 1000 --A1Pll2 1000 --A1Pll3 1000 --A1Pll4 1000 --A1Pll5 1000 --diff 16 --api-listen --cs 8 --stmcu 0 --hwreset --api-allow W:127.0.0.1

It seems as if they have produced their own little hacks for running cgminer....

inzli (OP)

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 01:11:20 AM

But it is not 1TH/s is it?  Roll Eyes

Naugh, currently more 1 TH/year... :-/
Anddos

Activity: 378

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 02:20:47 AM

have you tried contacting the company about your findings?

inzli (OP)

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 08:07:18 AM

Yup, and they claim that I only can use the machine with BTCGuild with the setting 1024/1THs as minimal diff. So this would be a limitation I can't accept.

Now that's becoming interesting. When I look at the history in the bash, I see that the name "Bitmine" appears again and again. However, the machine itself is the one sold by the "LK Group" in China (http://www.lketc.com). But the interface is produced by another company in Switzerland (roxas.ch).

So I'll dig a bit deeper into this during the weekend. What would be interesting is if anybody who bought from LK in China has the same issue...
Remember remember the 5th of November
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011

Reverse engineer from time to time

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 09:12:54 AM

Yup, and they claim that I only can use the machine with BTCGuild with the setting 1024/1THs as minimal diff. So this would be a limitation I can't accept.

Now that's becoming interesting. When I look at the history in the bash, I see that the name "Bitmine" appears again and again. However, the machine itself is the one sold by the "LK Group" in China (http://www.lketc.com). But the interface is produced by another company in Switzerland (roxas.ch).

So I'll dig a bit deeper into this during the weekend. What would be interesting is if anybody who bought from LK in China has the same issue...
That sounds like a bogus claim, cgminer doesn't care what pool it is, it passes the work to the driver which sends it to the ASIC, mine for another 30 minutes to an hour and if the speed is still 16gh/s, I smell a scam.

BTC:1AiCRMxgf1ptVQwx6hDuKMu4f7F27QmJC2
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4144
Merit: 1637

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2014, 09:29:34 AM

It seems as if they have produced their own little hacks for running cgminer....
Since cgminer is released under a free license that insists all code modifications distributed in binary form must be available on request, since you have received a cgminer binary that is modified from the original, you can ask them for the source code to their modifications and they will be obliged to provide their source modifications within 30 days or they will be in violation of the license agreement and not be allowed to further distribute their binaries or be up for legal action.

See:
https://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
Urbie

Activity: 4

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 10:37:00 AM

I have the exakt same issue.
I received my machine 1 day ago and after setting up i was happy. Until today.
I normally use Slush pool. I now tried Elegius and GHashIO with same result.
Besides that,  I can´t login with SSH, i dont have the correct user and password... Anyone know the default password? No info in the box... The webinterface  doesn´t require user and password.
In the display and also in webinterface all looks perfect. 1.02 Th and WU 12m somethings. Looks OK.
BUT. No money, no hashrate on pool side. Only between 1-16 Gh. Mostly 1 Gh.

I am totally out in the blue here.
Any suggestions?

Thanks

Urbie

organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2014, 10:48:34 AM

Did you try BTCGuild with 1024 min diff? You'd need to run it for a day, but at least you'd know if they were completely full of shit or just a little full of shit.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
Remember remember the 5th of November
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011

Reverse engineer from time to time

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 11:05:07 AM

A device that can only hash in a specific pool is definitely not worth $5000.

BTC:1AiCRMxgf1ptVQwx6hDuKMu4f7F27QmJC2
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2014, 11:07:18 AM

A device that can only hash in a specific pool is definitely not worth $5000.

At a guess, I'd say that's not the case. I can't think of any reason it would only hash at BTC Guild at a high min diff.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4522
Merit: 1844

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 11:14:48 AM

Hmm, my miner.php there is showing you are mining on Eligius ... which has been DDOSed for a few? days.

Although they like to say their magical unicorns can solve all DDOS problems, maybe that's the reason?

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
Kenshin

Activity: 280

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 11:44:04 AM

That sounds like a bogus claim, cgminer doesn't care what pool it is, it passes the work to the driver which sends it to the ASIC, mine for another 30 minutes to an hour and if the speed is still 16gh/s, I smell a scam.

You are right that is bullshit. There might be 0.1 % difference of different pools. But That much different is bullshit.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: