Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:19:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: When and how did you discover Bitcoin?  (Read 2347 times)
n0v41337

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 13, 2022, 05:36:27 PM

I still remember very well I was told by my friend at the end of 2016 but I didn't pay much attention to it. even I don't take anything seriously. 2017 after bitcoin was widely discussed on social media, especially my friend who often shared information on his social media. it intrigued me.
and finally early 2018, the first bitcoin asset that I kept till this year. because of a need, I finally had to let it go.

▀█████▄▀██▄▀█▄          H   E   L   E   N   A          ▀▄▀          1,000,365%   APY          ▄█▀▄██▀▄█████▀
▀██▄                  |        TWITTER        |      TELEGRAM      |        DISCORD        |                  ▄██▀
▀█▄        The Best in Space Auto-Compounding DeFi 3.0 Protocol on BSC        ▄█▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mehedi72

Activity: 727
Merit: 109

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2022, 06:00:42 PM

Unable to remember the date but it should be middle of 2016. i randomly start working with an app. During withdraw, there were so many withdrawal options and bitcoin was one of those which offering withdraw without any fee!! after analysis, i got a little idea about Bitcoin and public Reviews about it but i didn’t understand btc properly then but this is how my Journey started with btc

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
uchegod-21

Activity: 938
Merit: 593

BTC, a coin of today and tomorrow.

View Profile
April 14, 2022, 10:38:29 PM

I can't really say how I discovered bitcoin but I know bitcoin has been very popular before I queued in by late 2019. The news of bitcoin investment I hear in radio advertisement and social media. Especially during Covid-19 lock down, people will say that even if they are locking down that they are still earning with bitcoin. Those were some good lines that made me to give bitcoin a trial.
Meanwhile I have already known that bitcoin is not a scam as other people may think. My problem was that I didn't have the opportunity to invest in bitcoin as of that time.

My mentality was that if bitcoin is a good investment it should not be a rush, that it should still be available in many years to come, that was what delayed me joining the bitcoin bandwagon.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
dunfida
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1130

View Profile
April 14, 2022, 10:51:30 PM

Everything started when im trying to find out for some online jobs and on the time i do browse out some jobs there are options which do really shows up on paying some Bitcoin which did really poke up my interest.

It might not really be that rampant on that time but luckily i was able to browse and able to see it for myself and this is how my curiosity sparks up and did make out some research afterwards.
On the time i discover on what it is all about then thats the time i do start up my crypto journey. Remembering myself get attached with lots of hyips and ponzis in the past which is something
that really popular.

alik111

Activity: 362
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 15, 2022, 03:49:42 PM

Actually First I heard about altcoins and then Bitcoin. I heard about airdrops in YouTube and then when I heard about Bitcoin, did a little research on it and started holding btc for short terms.
dataispower

Activity: 1330
Merit: 289

View Profile
April 15, 2022, 04:08:29 PM

Unable to remember the date but it should be middle of 2016. i randomly start working with an app. During withdraw, there were so many withdrawal options and bitcoin was one of those which offering withdraw without any fee!! after analysis, i got a little idea about Bitcoin and public Reviews about it but i didn’t understand btc properly then but this is how my Journey started with btc
you know that some people frame how they know bitcoin. Do you know that some people don't know of bitcoin before and it's because of this forum that make some people to know bitcoin. And it will hard for them to say they know bitcoin from the forum and through some one description. Myself i have the data of when i know bitcoin and when i make my first buy of bitcoin. So it is unforgettable history, i know i did discover bitcoin or neither one of Satoshi cabinet that worked together for bitcoin technology, but when i buy my first bitcoin is in record
mistercashking
Legendary

Activity: 1044
Merit: 1050

@MRCASHKING

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2022, 04:13:01 PM

I heard about bitcoin back in 2013/2014 when searching for ways to make money online on YouTube. I came across a video that talked about mining bitcoin. Can't remember the exact video. But I bought a few USB ant miners to learn and found out fast that it wasn't really profitable but it taught me how to mine. So I learned how to mine with GPU's and eventually started mining alt coins to sell for Bitcoin.
1GUARDIAN

Activity: 798
Merit: 116

View Profile
April 15, 2022, 05:36:24 PM

I remember that I watched YouTube video about different kinds of know-how, and one of them was about financial know-how, it was still 2014, as far as I remember, and I was very interested this. Since then, I began to look for information about this, and after a while I found this forum.

Most of all, I was attracted by the information that bitcoin can be used even without resorting to the services of banks, and, of course, it said that its price had increased by several thousand percent. Probably, if this had not been said, then perhaps I would not have delved into this topic so seriously.
topman21
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1056

View Profile
April 15, 2022, 05:59:37 PM

One thing that kind of drives me crazy is I don't remember exactly when or how I discovered bitcoin.  I know that it was either late 2013 or early 2014, but I can't specifically remember when or how.  I have a few email records from late 2014 which prove that I knew of bitcoin from back then, but they do not provide any clues as to how I discovered it.

So how about you, when and how did you discover bitcoin? What were your initial thoughts?  Did you think negatively of it at first discovery and change your mind, or did you always think it was a great idea?
I never thought ethically about this bitcoin. When I entered Bitcoin, not everyone knew what Bitcoin was.Because Bitcoin was a great currency at that time. I entered this bitcoin through one of my friends. Since then I have been recharging well about this bitcoin.I have been able to fulfill my life with this bitcoin. I have spread what I know about.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
                           Twitter       Telegram      Medium      YouTube      Discord        TikTok         GitHub               
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
poldanmig

Activity: 1372
Merit: 275

View Profile
April 19, 2022, 09:08:05 PM

I heard about bitcoin back in 2013/2014 when searching for ways to make money online on YouTube. I came across a video that talked about mining bitcoin. Can't remember the exact video. But I bought a few USB ant miners to learn and found out fast that it wasn't really profitable but it taught me how to mine. So I learned how to mine with GPU's and eventually started mining alt coins to sell for Bitcoin.
You are lucky enough to have known bitcoin for almost a long time, whereas I personally only got to know bitcoin around 2017 when my friend first introduced this forum to me, indeed before 2017 bitcoin has grown rapidly and I think many people have get to know bitcoin or crypto through social media platforms, but unfortunately we are just got to know the internet when the internet network began to enter my village which is far from the city, although it's late but I don't regret it because at least I'm still luckier than people who don't know what bitcoin or crypto right now.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████     ▀███▀     ███          █████▀▀       ▀█████████    ███████████████████         ▀██████    ████████         ▀█████    ████
████      ▀█▀      ███    ▄▄▄▄▄▄████    ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄████████      ██████████████████    ▄▄▄    ████      ███████    ▄▄▄    ████    ████
████               ███    ▀▀▀▀▀████    ████▀▀▀▀▀██████   ██   █████████████████    ███▀   ███   ██   ██████    ███▀   ████    ████
████    █▄   ▄█    ███    ▄▄▄▄▄████    ████▄▄   █████   ▀▀▀▀   ████████████████         ▄███   ▀▀▀▀   █████         ▄█████    ████
████    ██▄ ▄██    ███    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████    ▀▀▀▀    ████            ███████████████    ████████            ████    █▄   ▀█████    ████
████    ███████    ███          █████▄▄       ▄████    ▄████▄    ██████████████    ███████    ▄████▄    ███    ███▄   ▀███    ████
█████████████████████████████████
███▀▀▀▀████▀▀██▀▀██▀▀▀████▀▀█████
█████▄  ███  ██  █  ▄▄ ██   █████
██████▄ ▀█  ▄█  ██▄  ▀██  █▄ ████
███████▄   ▄█▀ ▄█▀▀▀  █▀     ▀███
████████▄▄▄██▄▄███▄▄▄██▄▄███▄▄███
██████████████████████████████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████▀███
████▀▀                ▀▀█   ██
███ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ █ ███
███ █ ▄▄ █ █ ▄▄ █ █ ▄▄ █ █ ███
███ █ ▄▀ █ █ ▄▀ █ █ ▄▀ █ ▀ ███
███ █▄▄▄▄█ █▄▄▄▄█ █▄▄▄▄█   ███
███                      ▄████
███  ██████████████████  █████
███                      █████

9000+ SLOTS 
█████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▄  ▀▀████████
█████▀ ▄███▄ ▄███▄ ██████
████▀▄▄ ██▀▀ ▀▀██ ▄▄▀████
████ ▀ ▄▄ ▄███▄ ▄▄ ▀ ████
████ ████ ▀███▀ ████ ████
████▄ ███▀ ▄▄▄ ▀███ ▄████
█████▄ ▄▄ █████ ▄▄ ▄█████
███████▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄███████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
.PLAY NOW.
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
Issa56

Activity: 1372
Merit: 908

View Profile
April 19, 2022, 10:24:48 PM

I can't really forget when I discovered bitcon, I discovered bitcon in 2019, actually not long ago and I got to know about bitcon true one of my friend, which he explained everything to me and I went on a research myself and I know that bitcon is not what I should leave. Since then have been introducing people bitcoin and have been enlightening them about bitcoin.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
ChiBitCTy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 3008

View Profile
April 20, 2022, 12:11:32 AM

I appreciate everyone continuing to share their stories about how they found or heard of bitcoin here. As I think I’ve stated before, I’m really surprised to see how few people got in to bitcoin because of the technology behind it. That’s what got me reeled in, I studied it for an entire year before ever buying. Is there anyone here who got in to it solely for the technology behind it?

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
amihada

Activity: 1134
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 20, 2022, 04:15:10 AM

I got to know bitcoin in 2017 and the first time I found out about bitcoin I wasn't sure bitcoin could be exchanged for dollars but after I saw my sister get bitcoins and exchange them for dollars at that time I was sure I would collect bitcoins.

Ahli38

Activity: 812
Merit: 733

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2022, 04:19:53 AM

I got to know bitcoin in 2017 and the first time I found out about bitcoin I wasn't sure bitcoin could be exchanged for dollars but after I saw my sister get bitcoins and exchange them for dollars at that time I was sure I would collect bitcoins.
Means you have quite a long experience in bitcoin. Because that means you started to dive into the world of bitcoin in 2017. And indeed 2017 was the time when bitcoin got a lot of attention at that time.
Because In 2017, bitcoin price was around USD 1,000 until it broke USD 2,000 in mid-May, then skyrocketed to USD 19,345.49.
On December 15th, investors, governments, economists, scientists, and other entities began developing new cryptocurrencies to compete with Bitcoin.

██
█████▀▀███████▀▀███████
█████▀░░▄███████▄░░▀█████
██▀░░██████▀░▀████░░▀██
██▀░░▀▀▀████████████░░▀██
██░░█▄████▀▀███▀█████░░██
██░░███▄▄███████▀▀███░░██
██░░█████████████████░░██
██▄░░████▄▄██████▄▄█░░▄██
██▄░░██████▄░░████░░▄██
█████▄░░▀███▌░░▐▀░░▄█████
███████▄▄███████▄▄███████
.ROOBET 2.0..██████.IIIIIFASTER & SLEEKER.██████.
|

█▄█
▀█▀
████▄▄██████▄▄████
█▄███▀█░░█████░░█▀███▄█
▀█▄▄░▐█████████▌▄▄█▀
██▄▄█████████▄▄████▌
██████▄▄████████
█▀▀████████████████
██████
█████████████
██
█▀▀██████████████
▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
    PLAY NOW    
bitterguy28

Activity: 2002
Merit: 175

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2022, 04:58:33 AM

You are not sure that Bitcoin could be exchange in Dollar? that was 2017 and bitcoin already have value about more than 10,000 dollars so I don't know what you are saying here that you don't know if this is tradable .

maybe what you are saying is how you can accumulate Bitcoin to earn.

Mine is being shared by a cousin that has been keeping His crypto for long , but I found interest in Bitcoin when he shows me His wallet and convert bitcoin in my face.

Anonohmon

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 20, 2022, 05:33:01 AM
Merited by vapourminer (2)

first time hearing about it was when my gf was trying to buy some to fuel her drug addiction by buying drugs off the silk road back in 2013. God damned I wish I would have let her buy some. Although we prob would have lost the private keys by now.

I then heard about it in 2015 when my room mate at the time was like dude..... what if we could make money by mining bitcoin? We almos decided to do it... my god...... I wish we did. We though mining THEN was hard.... uhg...

Not once did I think the price fluctuated. I thought it was at a fixed rate. in 2013 I didn't look into the price, in 2015 saw the price and was like okay... so at this price it will take X ammount of years to brake even. .... >_< Because you know, thought it didn't move up or down.....

I found out the price fluctuated when a family member bought some bitcoin back in 2017 - 2018 and it dumped. I was loling thinking he bought at the top and sold at the bottom. I thought it was a bubble that would never recover.

Only in 2019 early 2020 did I finally buy some.... only like .... some.... 100 bucks worth which I thought was a lot to be spending on something so "risky" FML!!!!! >_> Like omg.... uhg... It was on Robinhood so I never actually "owned" my own btc.

It wasn't until early 2021 when it started rising did I put more thought into it and started buying. And have been buying ever sense. I realized bitcoin is supposed to be private and buying on an exchange is contrary to what it was designed for. So the btc I got from coinbase I ... anonymized.... it and only started buying from ATMs that let you use a burner number with no ID.

you know the greatest thing about buying non-KYC bitcoin? It's much harder to sell. so when it went from the high 60s and crashed. Having it on a private cold storage wallet meant I couldn't really do a lot in terms of selling, and since it was around the bottom for awhile I was like well fuck it, I couldn't sell in time, so might as well buy more to hopefully lower my cost basis in case it goes up again.

So here I am. over a year later, the inability to sell at certain times was a blessing and now I think I'm a true hodler.

Thanks to the meme videos "buy the dip" that taught me the importance of never selling your bitcoin!!! ^_^
Nrcewker
Copper Member

Activity: 2170
Merit: 536

Building my own Dreams!

View Profile
April 20, 2022, 05:50:54 AM

One thing that kind of drives me crazy is I don't remember exactly when or how I discovered bitcoin.  I know that it was either late 2013 or early 2014, but I can't specifically remember when or how.  I have a few email records from late 2014 which prove that I knew of bitcoin from back then, but they do not provide any clues as to how I discovered it.

So how about you, when and how did you discover bitcoin? What were your initial thoughts?  Did you think negatively of it at first discovery and change your mind, or did you always think it was a great idea?

I don't remember the exact year when i found about Bitcoins, but yes it was before 2015, Bitcoin was around 400-500$ as far as i remember.
So basically i just googled, how to make money online, and there were some youtube videos demonstrating about some sort of BTC .
I got interest on it and basically in one day i did a whole research on how to make money with Bitcoins.
I also remember before trading cryptos, i was into gambling BTC, i thought that's the only way of Earning Bitcoins.
I used to play at Bitsler and PD at the initial days, and tried to collect at least 1 Bitcoins, so that i can cash it out and use in buying some Gaming consoles.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
molsewid

Activity: 2170
Merit: 530

View Profile
April 20, 2022, 10:24:33 AM

I don't remember the exact year when i found about Bitcoins, but yes it was before 2015, Bitcoin was around 400-500$ as far as i remember.
So basically i just googled, how to make money online, and there were some youtube videos demonstrating about some sort of BTC .
I got interest on it and basically in one day i did a whole research on how to make money with Bitcoins.
I also remember before trading cryptos, i was into gambling BTC, i thought that's the only way of Earning Bitcoins.
I used to play at Bitsler and PD at the initial days, and tried to collect at least 1 Bitcoins, so that i can cash it out and use in buying some Gaming consoles.

You're ahead for almost 2 years in my case where I discover and met bitcoin, I wish I had also that curiousity way back that time because I can say that a bitcoin price ranges $400-$500 I can afford to buy it at this price not like where 2017 it is much more than a thousand dollar value. In my case, I knew about bitcoin because my friend introduced it to me and at that time I am not active in investing and trading instead I am an active bounty hunter but since then I have learned about bitcoin deeper I gained interest in trading and investment too.
Justin999

Activity: 377
Merit: 13

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
April 20, 2022, 11:22:57 PM

In the 1st quarter of 2018, one of my online friend told me about bitcoin as he also suggested this forum so that i could know details about bitcoin from this bitcoin discussion sector. That time i didn’t know about cryptocurrency but i must recognise that, this forum give me idea about what bitcoin is, created on which purpose, predict about its future price  as well as teach a lot about bitcoin.

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║ 〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙 ║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
CryptoSable

Activity: 38
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 21, 2022, 05:49:44 AM

I first heard about Bitcoin back in 2017, from radio station. I didn't think much about it back then thought it might be some coin working in certain games. Then in 2019, my friend told me he made quite a fortune from buying Bitcoin, I started to take it seriously, and bought some on my own. It is quite a rewarding experience, opened the door of new world for me.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: