Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 04:25:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Idea: Specialty HomeBrew beverages for bitcoin  (Read 1060 times)
Peter Lambert (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye

View Profile
December 05, 2011, 08:19:13 PM
Last edit: January 03, 2013, 11:20:16 PM by Peter Lambert

Homebrew beverages?

Mead!

Hard Cider made from freshly picked Michigan Apples?

Use CoinBR to trade bitcoin stocks: CoinBR.com

The best place for betting with bitcoin: BitBet.us

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
edd
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2011, 09:02:39 PM

I considered doing this myself (fits with the "BitBrew" theme) but just researching all the proper permits and certification for producing and selling alcohol gave me a headache.

Still around.
bb113

Activity: 728

View Profile
December 06, 2011, 07:55:01 AM

Yes, I actually clicked bitbrew expecting strange beer. Caffeine makes me flip out so... no offense bitbrew, but I was dissapointed. Personally I like pale ales. If I had the time, I would be experimenting with getting the highest ABV possible before it tastes disgusting. Also, covering up the high ABV with sourness plus: https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Synsepalum_dulcificum is a good idea. I dunno if you can keep the protein folded for shipping and all that though, might be best to sell it with something that drops into the bottle as you twist open the cap. I've had these ideas for years and not gotten around to implementing them. I'd love it if someone did. It seems like, right now, bitcoin should be the way to buy the thing you wouldn't normally try.
boonies4u

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 06, 2011, 08:33:46 AM

I thought I would run this idea by the community and see if there would be any interest in me pursueing it: I have in the past dabbled in homebrewing bevages. Previously, I have done things like mead and hard cider, but I would like to experiment with beer, ale, wine, brandy, moonshine, etc. Basically I like to try new things.

Would you be interested in buying such drinks with bitcoin?

To get up and running, I could list an asset on the GLBSE to get some capital. Do you prefer to invest in bonds or stocks?

Any specific drink you would want to see on the menu?

Thanks for any suggestions!

Bitcoin Homebrew... I know, we'll call it BitBrew! Oh wait...

Before you talk about selling the beverages, I'd like to know about the processes used to brew your beverages in the past. Just enough to know that I won't be getting any vinegar, heavy metal laden, or ethylene glycol surprises.

Also, i'm not sure if people would be to keen on buying your "experiments", perhaps the first batch or two would be sent out for testing/sampling.
MaxSan

Activity: 369
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 07, 2011, 11:02:22 PM

Id be interested in this very much so.

May I ask which country your based in? I want to always use bitcoin where possible but physical products tend to be an issue due to importation tax.
RaggedMonk

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 07, 2011, 11:39:13 PM

I think the miracle berry substance would denature during fermentation: I don't think its very stable.
bb113

View Profile
December 08, 2011, 01:06:00 AM

That's why I suggested just dropping in a tablet of dessicated miraculin as the bottle gets opened.
bb113

View Profile
December 08, 2011, 06:12:55 AM

I was vaguely imagining a mechanism that released or broke open a small tablet upon twisting off the cap.
boonies4u

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 08, 2011, 06:25:36 AM

Also, covering up the high ABV with sourness plus: https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Synsepalum_dulcificum is a good idea. I dunno if you can keep the protein folded for shipping and all that though, might be best to sell it with something that drops into the bottle as you twist open the cap.

Do you mean having a tablet packaged separately which the user adds to the drink when opened, or some sort of contraption suspending the tablet under the cap so it falls when the cap is removed? For the latter, I wouldn't count on the bottles remaining upright while in shipment, I don't think it would work, but I could be wrong.

I was vaguely imagining a mechanism that released or broke open a small tablet upon twisting off the cap.

Couldn't you do it like a Ramune bottle? You would have the tablet, pill, powder, etc. (w/e form it is in) above the marble until you use the plunger to release both the substance and the marble into the drink.

If designed right, this could be used for any kind of drink that warranted something added to it right before drinking.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: