Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 03:51:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: @theymos - Request: Multisig addresses for treasurers  (Read 3016 times)
PrimeNumber7
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1899

Amazon Prime Member #7

View Profile
January 01, 2022, 10:20:29 PM

I don't use TOR, it's slow af for me and I don't see the benefit when most exit nodes are NSA from what I read...
The exit node may know what you read, but not who and where you are as long as you don't tell them.
A state-level actor could possibly execute a timing attack against a tor user. Also, if a single entity is running enough tor nodes, they will be able to serve as all three nodes in your circuit at least some of the time, and would know who you are (to an extent), and what you are doing.

I might have missed the announcement so I apologize if it's old news but it looks like OgNasty and minerjones are no longer treasurers:

The "T19 multisig" is a 3-of-5 multisig between theymos, achow101, SaltySpitoon, hilariousandco, and DarkStar_.

I was a bit surprised to notice this by the way.
I guess this shows that the concept of using multisig for treasurers works. I am curious to know what lead to the change.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: