Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:14:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Butterfly Labs - $10.83 per GH - Unfair usage of preorders!  (Read 4028 times)
itsik78 (OP)

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 07:27:50 AM

Hello,
I and many others have ordered months ago the $10.83 per hash hosted mining contract.
I didn't receive it yet (waiting for more than 4 months, some are waiting far more).

Now I see that they unfairly offer a new product called "NIMBUS MINING" where they actually use what they were supposed to give the preorderers as extra profit.
This is absolutely unfair and I would stay away from a company that fools their customers this way to maximize profit.

Here's a mail I've sent them:
Hello,
It's been 4 months since I ordered and I see that you've been offering "NIMBUS MINING" for over a month now...
That's extremely unfair as you're using what you should've given your preorderers as extra profit...
I'd expect you first fill the preorders and then use leftovers for this new service you're offering... That's what a fair company would do...

Any comment?

Did anyone actually receive their preorder for this product (my assumption is no...)?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
teamlottowin

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2014, 07:58:57 AM

BFL is not a reliable company .. they have never delivered on their promises .. to be avoided at all times

Buy Adidas with Crypto: https://shop.moolah.io/Buzz
botolo86

Activity: 200

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 02:49:07 PM

NimbusMining is using their old hardware. The mine per GHS product, instead, uses the new Monarchs and it will be offered as soon as Monarchs are ready. I find all this BFL discussions pretty superficial. If you check on their forum, you'll see that they try hard to make their users happy. For example, if you ordered the Monarch and you are tired to wait, they will reimburse everything to you. Or they will upgrade you to the faster Monarch. Same thing with the Mine per GHS, they are doubling the GHS to some users, etc.
theend1991

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Comprate i vostri BTC, aiuto anche per i Newbie :)

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 03:20:20 PM

BFL is bad for shipping time.
Use the KNC society  Wink

Mercatino di Vendita BTC by theend1991
Contatti: Skype "theend1991" - PM sul forum
itsik78 (OP)

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 03:38:55 PM

NimbusMining is using their old hardware. The mine per GHS product, instead, uses the new Monarchs and it will be offered as soon as Monarchs are ready. I find all this BFL discussions pretty superficial. If you check on their forum, you'll see that they try hard to make their users happy. For example, if you ordered the Monarch and you are tired to wait, they will reimburse everything to you. Or they will upgrade you to the faster Monarch. Same thing with the Mine per GHS, they are doubling the GHS to some users, etc.
I'll check the forums...
The support person replied something similar to the first part of the answer, that the mine by GH is using the new products and nimbus is using the old ones.
Frankly, who gives a F___? I paid for mining by GH, I don't give a damn if they use 65nm, 28nm or 10,000,000 people doing calculations by hand...
Noruka

Activity: 910
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 04:45:17 PM

no one should ever order anything from BFL. Let them die off
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 05:03:17 PM

Hello,
I and many others have ordered months ago the $10.83 per hash hosted mining contract.
I didn't receive it yet (waiting for more than 4 months, some are waiting far more).

Now I see that they unfairly offer a new product called "NIMBUS MINING" where they actually use what they were supposed to give the preorderers as extra profit.
This is absolutely unfair and I would stay away from a company that fools their customers this way to maximize profit.

Here's a mail I've sent them:
Hello,
It's been 4 months since I ordered and I see that you've been offering "NIMBUS MINING" for over a month now...
That's extremely unfair as you're using what you should've given your preorderers as extra profit...
I'd expect you first fill the preorders and then use leftovers for this new service you're offering... That's what a fair company would do...

Any comment?

Did anyone actually receive their preorder for this product (my assumption is no...)?

Why don't you do research before investing your money?

itsik78 (OP)

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 05:31:57 PM

I knew that they are always late, but this is something else...
They are simply being unfair, which is different than being incompetent.
botolo86

Activity: 200

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 06:27:20 PM

The support person replied something similar to the first part of the answer, that the mine by GH is using the new products and nimbus is using the old ones.
Frankly, who gives a F___? I paid for mining by GH, I don't give a damn if they use 65nm, 28nm or 10,000,000 people doing calculations by hand...

Well, you bought a product that specifically states that BFL will use their Monarch cards and that the product will be available when these Monarchs will be available. That's why it is relevant that Nimbus is using old hardware. BFL is not playing with you and giving the hardware to someone else. It's just that the Monarchs are not ready yet.
Crindon

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 04:32:33 AM

I've only heard bad things about BFL.

KnCMiner has a much better reputation.
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4102
Merit: 1632

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2014, 09:58:37 AM

But they're working hard to rectify that.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
Sitarow
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 02:57:19 PM

But they're working hard to rectify that.

Smiley
2double0
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1105

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 05:18:45 PM

Why do people still buy from them?
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 05:40:07 PM

I knew that they are always late, but this is something else...
They are simply being unfair, which is different than being incompetent.

LOL Sorry but you are silly. The boss of BFL is a convicted felon who did mail scams and you think they are "just late" and not bad intended? Man americans are the easiest to fool.

Cryptomas

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 05:42:47 PM

At least KNC will ship the miners after they are done mining and the profitability is low.
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 4345

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 05:44:23 PM

it will be offered as soon as Monarchs are ready. I find all this BFL discussions pretty superficial. If you check on their forum, you'll see that they try hard to make their users happy.

I can't believe I am reading this

This is not some pseudoeconomic post-modern Libertarian cult, it's an un-led, crowd-sourced mega startup organized around mutual self-interest where problems, whether of the theoretical or purely practical variety, are treated as temporary and, ultimately, solvable.
Censorship of e-gold was easy. Censorship of Bitcoin will be… entertaining.
glendall
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1018

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 10:17:42 PM

This is no surprise to anyone who has followed BFL. Since their first gen aSic they have been screwing people over.  Basically the main thrust of it is they take huge amount of pre-orders for products they don't have. Then they spend the pre-order money to actually make the product that they ship at least 6 months late to people, after they made a lot of profit. 

You have to be a fool to order from BFL -- or, you didn't do enough research.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 01:04:31 AM

Too bad you didnt read more about Butterfly Labs before you order. They cannot be trusted, very bad reputation
vayvanne

Activity: 217
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 01:51:38 AM

I doubt that $10/Ghs may be achieved on 1 gen miners. Unless there is huge overstock of them. They should not be so dumb to produce miners which will become useless very soon in light of market slow down and price drop someone from China is leading.
They may actually have new gen miners running already and doing everything possible to dollarise them before shipment. There was circumstantial evidences of backdoor sell with 1st gen miners already.
Equate

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 10:18:37 AM

why did you order from BFL,as you have read it many times that the BFL is the most untrustworthy company.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: