Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:40:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are house cats useful?  (Read 10653 times)
TheFootMan

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 02:42:47 PM

Never, never, never, never, never-ever - NEVER feed a barn cat. First one was okay... it's still with us - someone's former housecat and mostly alright, but clingy as Hell even though it catches its food. Spends most of its day outside our door, meowing as loud as able. Second was a bit too aggressive, but tolerable and fairly non-clingy... ended up pregnant - 5 disappeared, one was dead in a flowerpot, cat kept running away from the kittens and called our bluff of not wanting to take in 6 new cats. She visits every few weeks, but has mostly moved on. Third was a psycho missing half its tail and a toe (which it made up for by having six toes on another paw). Scratched daughter more than a few times and bit hard into flesh when happy. He was kicked out with prejudice. There's a fourth one - enormous, mangy, orange fuck - who occasionally glares at us at a distance, like it's casing the house and plotting to murder us in our sleep. He'll attack any other cats which come near it.

Dogs are too loud, needy, and the one we have sheds at an unbelievable rate (takes a while to get its fur out of the carb's air filter on the mower). Ferrets are kind of fun... wouldn't mind having a ferret around... maybe a trained guard ferret. Nobody'd expect a ferret to run up their pants and bite their balls off. -Or just a few fish.

My experiences are the complete opposite! Smiley But an agressive cat, a cat thats agressive towards humans and harms your family, I think it should be put to rest, in general I think if animals are treated with care, respect, love and patience, their behaviour will also reflect that, on the other side, if they're treated badly, they will also become badly behaved.

I think the period when the animals are small is the most important period in their life, given enough love, care and attention, they will form into being great pets.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2014, 04:40:00 AM

Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 04:47:34 AM

Awesome picture.  Smiley
I've been online too long and that is a great ending start to doing something else.

bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 05:50:31 AM

In my opinion, right now house cats are completely useless. They consume expensive cat-food, and they cause respiratory diseases to children by shedding their fur all the time.
goxcraft

Activity: 594
Merit: 271

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 09:50:17 AM

In my opinion, right now house cats are completely useless. They consume expensive cat-food, and they cause respiratory diseases to children by shedding their fur all the time.

vacuum-clean them. My cat adores that Grin
chanz

Activity: 298
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 09:58:24 AM

I can't say they are useful or not my girlfriends cat just sits around and eat. But it's always fun to feed them catnip she goes
crazy after it.  Cheesy

My BTC address : 1KfS1c14Tg2hgQEVz2bCJeFox6FpyYFvM6
herzmeister
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1007

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2014, 02:10:20 PM
Last edit: May 24, 2014, 03:27:19 PM by herzmeister

Awesome picture.  Smiley
I've been online too long and that is a great ending start to doing something else.

good point, today is #caturday :·))))))))))))))))))))))9999

https://i.imgur.com/ZrLOZHi.gif

(image embedding currently not working  Angry)

https://localbitcoins.com/?ch=80k | BTC: 1LJvmd1iLi199eY7EVKtNQRW3LqZi8ZmmB
mellzinha

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 10:59:03 PM

yes they give lucky and are cute
https://i.imgur.com/IeJmrTE.jpg
2double0
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1105

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 11:10:51 PM

Why get a cat if youre going to keep it indoors ALL THE TIME!? Cats are still animals and need to explore the outdoors...
Scooby Dooby Doo

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 01:58:09 AM

cats  Wink
IamCANADIAN013

Activity: 714
Merit: 503

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 02:27:26 AM

Some cats are apparently just evil.  Heard about this story a few months back now.  The family had to call 911 after the cat attacked and they locked themselves in a room to get away from the cat, LOL!

Thought it was all a load of crap and a complete overreaction, but the cat has done it again with a new family.

Here is the original story: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2577997/Father-calls-911-help-enraged-cat-attacks-baby-bails-family-including-DOG-bedroom.html

Here is the recent story where it attacked again: http://www.oregonlive.com/movies/index.ssf/2014/06/portlands_911_cat_lux_and_my_c.html#incart_river_default

IamCANADIAN013

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 02:50:11 AM

cats clean up all the pests around your house  Wink

I wish, all the stupid cat does around my house is eat, sleep, and shit.  That and throw up all over the driveway when it gets outside.  Damn thing can't even catch mice properly.  It catches them, brings it in the house, and then plays with it.

Remember, never trust anything that expects you to keep a box of their shit in your house.
Rooothlespredators

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 03:41:09 AM

Aren't house cats taking advantage of persons suffering from emotional instability?  Huh
Don't blame cats but yeah, i feel they are bit overrated .!
depends how you look at it. for alot of people the cat helps them cope with their emotional problems. the cat gets friskies. winwin
sj2199

Activity: 797
Merit: 500

BBOD fast, non-custodial & transparent Exchange

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 08:21:29 AM

I think dogs are a lot better than cats

IamCANADIAN013

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 09:20:13 AM
Merited by OgNasty (1)

I I try not to post with just a pic, but damn! This is funny:

Reminds me of the cat and dog diary entries that went around a few years ago.

Pretty sure everyone can appreciate this for a laugh!
DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 10:11:03 AM

Where is the part about the 10k scratches to your face and arms when the cats senses you're going for a toilet dump?  Grin
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 04:56:35 PM

Mine killed 5 flies today.. Smiley.  Go cat.
ShibaWow

Activity: 112

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2014, 05:19:17 PM

Mine killed 5 flies today.. Smiley.  Go cat.

That's nothing
Mine used to kill snakes
Now she has nothing to kill Cheesy

IamCANADIAN013

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 10:19:23 PM

Where is the part about the 10k scratches to your face and arms when the cats senses you're going for a toilet dump?  Grin

Pro tip: That's why you wrap them in a towel first. LOL!

Anyone ever read this?

Day 983 of My Captivity

My captors continue to taunt me with bizarre little dangling objects. They dine lavishly on fresh meat, while the other inmates and I are fed hash or some sort of dry nuggets. Although I make my contempt for the rations perfectly clear, I nevertheless must eat something in order to keep up my strength.

The only thing that keeps me going is my dream of escape. In an attempt to disgust them, I once again vomit on the carpet. Today I decapitated a mouse and dropped its headless body at their feet. I had hoped this would strike fear into their hearts, since it clearly demonstrates my capabilities. However, they merely made condescending comments about what a "good little hunter" I am. Bastards!

There was some sort of assembly of their accomplices tonight. I was placed in solitary confinement for the duration of the event. However, I could hear the noises and smell the food. I overheard that my confinement was due to the power of "allergies." I must learn what this means, and how to use it to my advantage.

Today I was almost successful in an attempt to assassinate one of my tormentors by weaving around his feet as he was walking. I must try this again tomorrow, but at the top of the stairs.

I am convinced that the other prisoners here are flunkies and snitches. The dog receives special privileges. He is regularly released, and seems to be more than willing to return. He is obviously retarded. The bird must be an informant. I observe him communicate with the guards regularly. I am certain that he reports my every move. My captors have arranged protective custody for him in an elevated cell, so he is safe. For now ...
rajko00

Activity: 60

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 10:29:14 AM

They are useful if you have mouse in your house Smiley

they are like family member

NEM COIN - FUTURE IS HERE
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: