Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 08:57:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Any way to shut off all Riser LED’s??  (Read 382 times)
FP91G
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1035

View Profile
February 11, 2022, 03:40:36 PM

Yeah I had this issue in the past but it wasn’t with risers it was with Bitcoin ASICs and they were worse because they weren’t permanent solid like a riser LED they blinked consistently. I had them in my room and at night they drove me nuts.

Basically you can try tape but it will fly off due to the heat. So if that doesn’t work and you don’t want to desolder them one by one then use a black permanent marker. You will still see it somewhat but won’t be as bright as before.

Yea, I've put electrical tape on electronics before (wait, what!?) and yea, it just peals off after some time. Never thought of using a permanent marker, ill give that a try now.
I have older 003 raisers and they don't have LEDs. But I have problems with video cards, because in Hive OS, backlighting is not turned off for all video cards. Some video cards glow like christmas trees. I used Double-sided 3M. It's very reliable.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1710

View Profile
February 13, 2022, 06:37:11 AM

Depending on the GPU manufacture and the way the fan shroud is set up. You might be able to just disconnect the connector to the LED lights.

I forgot which brand it was but I traced the LED cables and they went into a harness which was seperate from the fans, so I just disconnected it and the LED were off permanently. So check your GPU first and you might be able to get away this way. Usually there are screws holding the shroud to the heatsink and its easy to take off. Don't need to remove entire heatsink assembly and void warranty.

Really wish that there was a switch that was added to the PCB to manually turn off those lights. Also save like 1 Watt in consumption.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
FP91G
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2022, 12:13:22 PM

Depending on the GPU manufacture and the way the fan shroud is set up. You might be able to just disconnect the connector to the LED lights.

I forgot which brand it was but I traced the LED cables and they went into a harness which was seperate from the fans, so I just disconnected it and the LED were off permanently. So check your GPU first and you might be able to get away this way. Usually there are screws holding the shroud to the heatsink and its easy to take off. Don't need to remove entire heatsink assembly and void warranty.

Really wish that there was a switch that was added to the PCB to manually turn off those lights. Also save like 1 Watt in consumption.
This is not possible on most video cards without disassembly. The more expensive the card, the more LEDs it has. In Windows, this problem is solved by installing programs from the manufacturer, which allows you to turn off the LED, but in Linux, the standard utility does not always work. Double-sided 3M does not fall off for several years.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
batsonxl

Activity: 1196
Merit: 26

View Profile
February 13, 2022, 12:23:07 PM

just tape it with black color.
Daodex

Activity: 252
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 13, 2022, 12:50:16 PM

I don't know why many comments are so rude in this thread, if you aren't going to be of help whey even bother to reply in the first place? There is actually a way to turn off GPU LEDs I've tried this on a 3070 ti using hive OS, the menu looks like this

adaseb
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2022, 03:12:16 AM

You don’t need to disassemble the GPU. Usually you can look where the LEDs are housed and then see if there is a wire coming out of it, trace and see where the wire leads. Sometimes you can unplug it without unscrewing anything.

If you can’t reach the harness then you just take a screwdriver and take off the shroud. The shroud doesn’t void warranty because you are not disconnecting the heatsink from the chip. Once the shroud is off you got more clearance to unplug the led harness.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
PolishBaldEagle (OP)

Activity: 29
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 16, 2022, 04:08:42 AM

I don't know why many comments are so rude in this thread, if you aren't going to be of help whey even bother to reply in the first place? There is actually a way to turn off GPU LEDs I've tried this on a 3070 ti using hive OS, the menu looks like this

https://i.imgur.com/20OJO0K.jpg

People like to build up their post counts with valueless comments, that’s why. I mod in a large forum elsewhere and you’d be surprised with some of the stupid things people do to get their counts up… most infamous is “like/upvote harvesting”… where people post something like “<—- this many users agree that ETH2.0 is gonna be huge!”. Stupid example but an example nonetheless. And thanks for the tip on hiveOS. I have yet to power down my windows based rig to reconfigure the os
FP91G
Legendary

View Profile
February 16, 2022, 03:33:54 PM

This method does not work with all video cards, this is the main problem. On some graphics cards in the farm, the backlight will work, so miners have to use Double-sided, marker or insulating tape.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
inlineb

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 07, 2022, 08:14:24 PM
Last edit: June 15, 2022, 10:38:31 AM by inlineb

There's no way you can turn off any of the Riser LEDs. Perhaps you can replace them with more muted shades. Look at these options https://www.vont.com/product/vont-bulb-color-smart-light-bulbs-smart-bulbs/ if you want. HiveOS software won't be able to disable this kind of LEDs since they're attached to the transition board. However, you may well replace their model with one that will be less annoying to your vision. There's also an option to cover the system unit with a case if you have a good graphic card cooling system. I cover my PC with clothing or a sheet of thick dark cardboard. I don't even turn off my PC for mining at night, so it's a great solution. Do your LEDs annoy you even during the day?
Ketesnuko

Activity: 233
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 08, 2022, 07:26:46 AM

Maybe in future there will be risers that can be controlled using some sort of software but now it's impossible, even turning off gpu lights at times won't work, I had to cut off some wires in a few GPUs I have to get rid of the blinking lights on them.

██████████████ ███████ █│     S y n t r u m     │     JOIN NOW     │█ ███████ ██████████████
►   Blockchain Infrastructure for DeFi, Gaming and NFT   ◄
██████████████       |       Twitter       |     Telegram     |      Medium      |       ██████████████
FP91G
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2022, 11:45:01 AM

Maybe in future there will be risers that can be controlled using some sort of software but now it's impossible, even turning off gpu lights at times won't work, I had to cut off some wires in a few GPUs I have to get rid of the blinking lights on them.
Raisers versions 003-007 seem to be without backlight. The backlight is convenient for diagnostics, but those who have been mining for a long time and can use a multimeter buy old proven versions. You can make raisers with a button to turn on the backlight, but then their price will be more expensive.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
adaseb
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2022, 03:45:41 AM

This topic reminds me of a miner back in the day. He had an account on bitcointalk here but I forgot his nickname.

Either way. This was when everybody was mining BTC with those USB sticks. So he had hundreds of these USB sticks. And he would mine in his living room and open the window for ventilation.

One day i think he got some complaints about the blinking LEDs. Basically they were more than 1 LED per usb stick and he had like 100 of them. So every second like 300-500 blinks per second.

It annoyed the hell out of some neighbors at night and he was told to shut it off. If anyone remembers the guys name post it here.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
legcramp

Activity: 49
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 12, 2022, 06:00:47 PM

Just get a sharpie and write over the LEDs.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: